New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans/
- Phone: 5045289393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Slater
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine & service.
- Private Party Contact: Ashton Senn 504-528-9393x
A word from Emeril's Restaurant
From its first day, Emeril's Restaurant & the multitalented man who reinvents it with every meal became the focus of ecstatic praise. A decade after Emeril's Restaurant exploded onto the culinary scene, Emeril's has evolved & transformed itself for the 21st century by updating its flagship restaurant. Completed in 2000, the innovative details reflect the significance of the warehouse district location, new New Orleans cuisine & Emeril’s extensive wine list. The Food Bar is framed by a tapestry of glass encased spices showcasing the bold & creative flavors that Chef Emeril features. Emeril's state of the art kitchen is visible from the main dining room. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no sleeveless shirts for men, no hats or flip flops. David Slater, Chef de Cuisine, and Kevin Delaune, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Emeril's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Emeril's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
464 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (305)fit for foodies (268)notable wine list (203)romantic (172)good for groups (146)neighborhood gem (121)hot spot (100)great for lunch (84)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (16)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Never got our food waited for 40mins and left the resturant! had to rate it as poor because it never came out!Special Features:
- Bam!JDHHS67Dined on 9/20/2014Great evening from start to finish. Great wine list. Service outstanding! We had 6 different appetizers and we all tried each one...all were outstanding! Dinner meals were all terrific! The drum fish was the best I ever had! We will all come back on our next trip to the Big Easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our Anniversary at Emeril's at the Warehouse District in New Orleans. It was a very nice romantic and elegant dinner. The service was top notched. The Restaurant Greeter was courteous and helpful. Devon, Tyler, and Austin were our waiters. Devon was courteous, polished and metiqulous. All the waiters were very knowledgable and attentive. I watched GM Kevin Delaune constantly monitor service and make recommendations to make service even better. They worked as a well oiled machine... We had the Red Fish served on a "road kill" mashed potatoes and it was splendid!!! The fish was prepared just right. It wasn't dry or "fishy". The potatoes was a thin sheet served under the fish. It was very tasty...Special Features:
- Eric2cathDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food. Everything we tried was great. The wait staff was very helpful.Special Features:
- Fit for a king & queenGreyWarden90Dined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary and we were treated like royalty. We told the host we had a reservation and he immediately saw our OpenTable stating it was a special occasion. The waiter new everything about the wines and we picked a half bottle. He recommended a starter of the sausage; It was spectacular! The complimentary breads were killer. We had 2 or 3 servers keeping an eye on us. They gave us clean silver and plates several times, and they also replaced our water with fresh water glasses after about am hour in. The food is to die for and the service is perfection. Everything they offer rolled into one is worth every penny spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch-tastic!kmhmdDined on 9/19/2014Took my daughters to Emeril's and sat at the Kitchen bar, the menu was inspired, and the food was absoutely delicious. The service and interaction with the wonderful kitchen Krewe made the experience a memorable one, with extra onion rings for my youngest, and extra Gulf shrimp for me!Special Features:
- GreatDoodleDined on 9/17/2014Service and food exceeded my high expectations of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay foodKj252Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I were disappointed with our entrees--they weren't bad but okay/decent but at that price we were expecting wow. I had salmon and he had a steak. Bread and wine were amazing. Gumbo was delicious. Entrees middle of the road. Service was out of this world.Special Features:
- Late night after long flightEnjoyDined on 9/13/2014Open table easy use. Had 3 corse "We live to eat " restaurant week menu. Good duck pate bruschetta, cold cream corn soup appys. Then had pork chop and boulibasse like mussels and shrimp in a marinara sauce. Upgraded the desert to banana cream pie. Also had the blueberry mousse angel food cake. Both were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing everythingironchefgibbyDined on 9/13/2014waiter was so helpful and kind, best service i ever had, food was over the top, hands down best place in new orleans.Special Features:
- That's not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Fantastic food, excellent wine list but if the waiters had been any more attentive they'd have been sat at our table or even closer. Too intrusive to be genuinely concerned about our modest requirements for their assistance.Special Features:
- I felt like royalty.ReeseDined on 9/12/2014The food was amazing. The staff was fantastic. We never had to ask for anything. It was quite the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's New OrleansUTUBETVIPDined on 9/10/2014Kevin is the best GM/front of house person in all of Emeril's Restaurants...he knows his clientle and makes sure they are well taken care of...from timely seating to checking on their meals. This makes the dining experience a special event! Great job..and thanks again for the super dinner.Special Features:
- EmerilsalohadjcDined on 9/10/2014Food, service, and the ambiance was very nice. The selection of dishes were of good design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Orleans gem...Foodie1VIPDined on 9/10/2014We had lunch and dinner here while visiting. Clearly the best food we had in NO. For lunch: BBQ shrimp, Kale salad were enjoyed by my dining partner. The gumbo and the drum were delicious as well. For dinner the surf/turf (drum and filet) was excellent. The wine was outstanding with many excellent choices. The sommelier was quite helpful in selecting an outstanding bottle from a new winery. A must for fine dining while in NO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRozHollidayDined on 9/7/2014Overall, we were really disappointed. The service was very good...until our entree took about an hour to come out (I think actually a little over an hour). Our reservation was for 8:30, so we were starving by the time we got served. We ordered gumbo to start, which was delicious and came immediately. We literally had over an hour of no food, which doesn't seem acceptable at a "fine dining" restaurant. We ordered the fried chicken for two, which was huge and delicious when it did arrive. Our waiter also never said anything regarding the wait. We looked on Emeril's website too, which had a three course meal, but when we asked the waiter about it he said no we don't. Our tab was $125 with tip, I feel like it was a waste for us:(.
- sad facefoodie4lifeDined on 9/7/2014The service was good but the food was not that Good, kind of an afterthought,very disappointed, We started with some apps, cheese plate was good, duck liver toast, did not have duck on it, the pork chop was over cooked for being medium, waited 30minutes for entrees, I think they were trying to impress the table in the kitchen, the fried chicken was o.k., the presentation was cool, and if you call that Southern slaw,no color or flavor, I don't know if the chef was doing any quality checks, it needs to improve, I grew up watching chef Emeril and this was not his food, mac and cheese was dry and had now cheese, salt and flavor, when I think about mac and cheese, I think about large elbow mac and creamy bechamel,kraft was better than that stuff
- Outstanding.franksDined on 9/7/2014I'll start off with the one negative for us, the restaurant was a bit far from our Hotel, we walked there but had to get a cab home. Some of the areas we walked through were not the best. Now, on to the good stuff. the staff at this restaurant were awesome with Great team work, they were very personable and one hundred percent committed to ensuring we had the perfect experience. My gluten free diet was not an issue, the wine list was unreal, and our food was top notch. Our waiter even surprised us with desert for our 1 year wedding anniversary. It was the best meal and the best overall dining experience we had in New Orleans. Outstanding service and the food was dynamite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the LineGrannyonceDined on 9/4/2014I finally got a chance to go to the original Emeril's. Needless to say I was not disappointed. Of course the food is at the Top of The Line, but the service is amazing. I never had to ask for anything, they were so attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!GinaDined on 9/4/2014This place is so delicious and the service was great. We had a group of 6 and everybody was very happy with their food choices. The Gumbo is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great visitJaneonthegoDined on 9/4/2014The food was exceptional...as expected at Emeril's....but the service was truly outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkmarkDined on 9/3/2014Worthy of visit. Not just a spot for tourists. Staff very attentive, wine list above average but don't expect "values"Special Features:
- So popularMaryJoDined on 9/3/2014Dining at Emeril's is an experience on so many people's bucket list. It did not disappoint. The service is amazing and the food exquisite. The hard part was deciding what to order. It all sounded incredible. Now I hope to someday visits his other two restaurants in New Orleans. A real reason to go back. Don't miss the bathroom. The walls have old pictures with celebrities built right into the tiles.Special Features:
- What can I say.....brodyboyVIPDined on 9/1/2014I come back to NO over and over to eat in this wonderful city but still peg this as the best place for me. Fun, knowledgeable staff [Kisha!!], excellent food, fantastic wine list. No place touches this for a taste of what New Orleans is really all about in the fine dining realm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good mealinfrequentdinerDined on 9/1/2014Food was $$$ but very good. Liked that we could hear each other and carry on a conversation, although the restaurant was not busy and not sure what it would be like if full. Service also very good. Only complaint was the sangria. I watched the bartender make it "on the spot": fill the glass completely full of ice cubes, pour in some wine, add some spritizer, and garnish with a cherry and orange slice (!!!!!!). Not how I have ever seen real sangria.Special Features:
- doc2219Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was outstanding! The only bad thing my wife said the women's bathroom was disgusting. Other than that everything was great!Special Features:
- Emeril's New Orleans21AnniversaryDined on 8/31/2014One of best restaurant ever be to, food looks and taste great, very romantic staff is super great, not a everyday eating place but for special occasion you can beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HogdocDined on 8/31/2014The appetizers and main courses were excellent. The souffle was heavy but the smore ice cream sandwich was excellent. It was very loud because of a private birthday party but the manager was very attentive to make sure that the noise did not ruin our dining. Compared to the other restaurants that we ate at , I would rate it as good but not great.Special Features:
- Not a WinnerJoeFVIPDined on 8/31/2014First, they need to enforce the dress code! Too many shorts and even muscle shirts for a place that is supposed to be business casual. Second, the main isle constantly has people and waiters going back and forth like a highway. if you sit in the 1st or 2nd row of the restaurant you get this experience. The food was quite good and the service was good, but the overall experience lacked. There are so many better places in New Orleans, go elsewhere would be my recommendation.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everytime I dine at Emeril's, I am amazed! The food is outstanding, and the service is impeccable. Two waitstaff per table and everyone working together makes for amazing service and attention. The food is indescribably good! Did not have a single thing that was average. Love this place!Special Features:
- Food was the KeySteveB824Dined on 8/31/2014The restaurant was a little hustle and bustle, as we sat near the entrance. I am sure the ambiance would have been a little better at a quieter table. The wait staff was professional and knowledgeable. The food was everything we expected it to be. It definitely lived up to all we had heard about it.Special Features:
- Outstandingcreynolds734Dined on 8/30/2014I always got to an Emeril's restaurant when in NOLA but this time they outdid themselves. We really enjoyed the tasting menu and wine paring and will be back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of SummerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014On a trip to NOLA we ate at Emeril's. We in fact planned our trip around the places we wanted to try and Emeri'l's was our first dinner. We dined from the Taste of Summer menu as we felt we could try several different dishes and also selected the wine pairings. I think our waitress wasn't thrilled that we chose the pre fixe menu and her attitude seemed to have changed towards us the moment we said we were going to order from it. Strange. Anyway, service was good. Loved the ambiance and the decor of this restaurant. Food was really well presented and tasted delicious. We had smiles on our faces the entire meal. It was by far the best dining experience of our trip.Special Features:
- What a dining experience should beFitfoodiesDined on 8/30/2014Dinner was absolutely fantastic! The food, service and atmosphere are spot on! Very intimate and delicious food. The timing from entering to departing was like clock work. Above and beyond service. Love the signature cocktails , barbecue shrimp and banana cream cake. India and PatrickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/29/2014Went here for dinner. Was not impressed at all. Service was friendly and the place was nice.
- Exactly what I expected.THalsellDined on 8/29/2014We arrived early, but they accomadeted us. The food was fantastic. Herman and Arthur took care of us all evening and answered any questions we had. We were given aspecial appetizer to sample that was very good. We enjoyed the appetizers we ordered and the entrees were delicious. The portions were just right and even tough we were full, we were not stuffed. The desserts were well done and tasted just as explained by Herman. Emrils has a fine staff of chefs and wait staff and the managers interacted with the customers as well and it provided for a wonderful dining experience. It was neat to watch the cooking staff as we ate as welll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerColeman1Dined on 8/29/2014Loved the food, incredible wine list made a great anniversary dinner. Very romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I ever had therePatF1025VIPDined on 8/29/2014Incredible food and wonderful service so good we are going back again We have been to the big easy 100 plus times and never had a better mean explerienceSpecial Features:
- Above average but not the bestarcfastDined on 8/28/2014Main courses were ok, the accompanying sauces can be surprising as they may not be well described in menu or by the waiters (we found the sauces for the pork chop entree and fish entree were quite strong and sweet). The pork chop was prepared very nicely. Deserts and drinks were excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingsamspiegsDined on 8/26/2014Despite being locals, it was our first time. What a terrific ambiance, immaculate service, incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.