New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans/
- Phone: 5045289393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Slater
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine & service.
- Private Party Contact: Ashton Senn 504-528-9393x
A word from Emeril's Restaurant
From its first day, Emeril's Restaurant & the multitalented man who reinvents it with every meal became the focus of ecstatic praise. A decade after Emeril's Restaurant exploded onto the culinary scene, Emeril's has evolved & transformed itself for the 21st century by updating its flagship restaurant. Completed in 2000, the innovative details reflect the significance of the warehouse district location, new New Orleans cuisine & Emeril’s extensive wine list. The Food Bar is framed by a tapestry of glass encased spices showcasing the bold & creative flavors that Chef Emeril features. Emeril's state of the art kitchen is visible from the main dining room. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no sleeveless shirts for men, no hats or flip flops. David Slater, Chef de Cuisine, and Kevin Delaune, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Emeril's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Emeril's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
509 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (345)fit for foodies (289)notable wine list (218)romantic (181)good for groups (151)neighborhood gem (134)hot spot (111)great for lunch (102)vibrant bar scene (48)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (15)scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was outstanding! The only bad thing my wife said the women's bathroom was disgusting. Other than that everything was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The appetizers and main courses were excellent. The souffle was heavy but the smore ice cream sandwich was excellent. It was very loud because of a private birthday party but the manager was very attentive to make sure that the noise did not ruin our dining. Compared to the other restaurants that we ate at , I would rate it as good but not great.Special Features:
- Not a WinnerJoeFVIPDined on 8/31/2014First, they need to enforce the dress code! Too many shorts and even muscle shirts for a place that is supposed to be business casual. Second, the main isle constantly has people and waiters going back and forth like a highway. if you sit in the 1st or 2nd row of the restaurant you get this experience. The food was quite good and the service was good, but the overall experience lacked. There are so many better places in New Orleans, go elsewhere would be my recommendation.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I always got to an Emeril's restaurant when in NOLA but this time they outdid themselves. We really enjoyed the tasting menu and wine paring and will be back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of SummerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014On a trip to NOLA we ate at Emeril's. We in fact planned our trip around the places we wanted to try and Emeri'l's was our first dinner. We dined from the Taste of Summer menu as we felt we could try several different dishes and also selected the wine pairings. I think our waitress wasn't thrilled that we chose the pre fixe menu and her attitude seemed to have changed towards us the moment we said we were going to order from it. Strange. Anyway, service was good. Loved the ambiance and the decor of this restaurant. Food was really well presented and tasted delicious. We had smiles on our faces the entire meal. It was by far the best dining experience of our trip.Special Features:
- What a dining experience should beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Dinner was absolutely fantastic! The food, service and atmosphere are spot on! Very intimate and delicious food. The timing from entering to departing was like clock work. Above and beyond service. Love the signature cocktails , barbecue shrimp and banana cream cake. India and PatrickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I expected.THalsellDined on 8/29/2014We arrived early, but they accomadeted us. The food was fantastic. Herman and Arthur took care of us all evening and answered any questions we had. We were given aspecial appetizer to sample that was very good. We enjoyed the appetizers we ordered and the entrees were delicious. The portions were just right and even tough we were full, we were not stuffed. The desserts were well done and tasted just as explained by Herman. Emrils has a fine staff of chefs and wait staff and the managers interacted with the customers as well and it provided for a wonderful dining experience. It was neat to watch the cooking staff as we ate as welll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerColeman1Dined on 8/29/2014Loved the food, incredible wine list made a great anniversary dinner. Very romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I ever had therePatF1025VIPDined on 8/29/2014Incredible food and wonderful service so good we are going back again We have been to the big easy 100 plus times and never had a better mean explerienceSpecial Features:
- Above average but not the bestarcfastDined on 8/28/2014Main courses were ok, the accompanying sauces can be surprising as they may not be well described in menu or by the waiters (we found the sauces for the pork chop entree and fish entree were quite strong and sweet). The pork chop was prepared very nicely. Deserts and drinks were excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingsamspiegsDined on 8/26/2014Despite being locals, it was our first time. What a terrific ambiance, immaculate service, incredible food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things come and goDlh0517Dined on 8/25/2014Ate there back in June and had a magnificent pork chop. This time a lot to be desired. Waiter explained they changed the prep method (and not for the better).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DinedreddickDined on 8/25/2014This was a wonderful treat! The service and food were outstanding. The decor was beautiful. It would be a place we would visit again!Special Features:
- Great service and excellent food!Shirley57Dined on 8/25/2014The ambience was very nice--except when a table of 13 people sat down next to us and started partying. They were not out-of-control, but very noisy!! I wish those big parties could be seated in a private room away from couples who'd like to enjoy the romantic atmosphere. But the service and food were great--as always.Special Features:
- New Orleans NativeNOLA824Dined on 8/24/2014Awesome food, great service, shared two "touch of summer" dinners that allowed us to try eight different items on the menu. Each one was great! Highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticARKGMKDined on 8/24/2014The service was over the top and the food delicious!!!Special Features:
- Thaddeus Rohilliard reviewbigrip033Dined on 8/23/2014Best dining experience I ever had. I have no complaints. Me and my wife will definitely be repeat customers and we will bring friends along with us next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed:(nolarocksDined on 8/23/2014First got sent to the bar. Ok, no problem. Don't love that scene, but we can deal with that. Waiter came up to shake our hands at beginning of evening, couldn't be nicer. Then we waited. I can't tell you how many times we were asked if we wanted another drink. Another drink? Another drink? No food for so long! And the wait staff averted their eyes when they approached our table...I guess we looked hungry...and they didn't serve us for 45 minutes to one hour. On a good note, the food was amazing. I would go back, but not sure I could drag my spouse back. I am disappointed as the food was so good I'd love to return; the lousy service (not the waiter's fault...clearly the kitchen's fault) we will likely go elsewhere next timeSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyabledebmomVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service is outstanding without being stuffy. We had eaten here three months ago and loved it. This time we were a little disappointed because the menu had not changed. There are limited non fish items and the preparations were the same. The service is the best I've ever had. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSheeDined on 8/22/2014Visited Emeril's restaurant in New Orleans while on vacation and was very impressed and not disappointed. Highly recommend if you are visiting.Special Features:
- visit to New Orleanscyb3reneVIPDined on 8/22/2014just a few notes. the service was excellent they were on their game. probably would go there for romantic or date, its much too loud for that. as far as the food goes. the food is very very rich. they could stand to lighten up on the sauce a bit, the flavor of the food is good without it. the wine list was very nice, but priced above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laissez les bon temps roulerfoodiefinderDined on 8/21/2014The quality and freshness of the food is incredible, not to mention the service! There is a laid back elegant atmosphere that allows you to just enjoy the food even more. If you're a wine lover, Emeril's is for you. The portions were perfect and rightly priced. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Awesome service and foodDkptepDined on 8/21/2014Our server Sherry was awesome. She was very attentive and gave us some recommendations that turned out to be very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emeril was amazing!lillyDined on 8/19/2014Not only was the food amazing but we wanted to thank Cornell and his team for the great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLooking2eatDined on 8/19/2014Grilled pork chop is excellent. As a matter of fact it's the biggest pork chop I have ever received at a restaurant. My wife had the bucatini Nero and she enjoyed her entree as well. No complaints from either of us highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the markJgbreauxDined on 8/18/2014Great menu, balance wine list, fun wait staff. The food was great. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vacation dinnerBoiler74Dined on 8/17/2014We decided to have our one special dinner while on vacation at Emeril's and we are so glad we did. Everything was just wonderful and we even had a new dessert that wasn't even on the menu yet - Smores Ice Cream (not sure what the name was) - it was simply marvelous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats in the Big EasyMamayamaDined on 8/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Emeril's. The service and food were excellent, the restaurant is beautiful, if a little noisy due to the tables being so close together. Our 10 yr old daughter proclaimed Emeril's banana cream pie the best she has ever had! A must when in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Great!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014The food and service was awesome! This was our second time celebrating our wedding anniversary at this location, and both experiences were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Nice decor, very good service (almost too good). Food was very good. We would return for the food and service. The place was very noisy. It was difficult to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you SaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014For having a game Friday night so we were able to make last minute reservations and get right in! Fancy dining, Wonderful staff, they were kind to my 6 year old who kept dropping her napkin d/t her silky dress and they kept replacing it, plus they were flexible with making a meal especially for her. Expensive but delightful! Great memories =)Special Features:
- Bigguy40Dined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed our meal on August 15th at 6:15. However, we were disappointed that you did not send our son's request for congratulations on our 50th Wedding Anniversary to our table. He called you from Chattanooga TN requesting that you transfer the price of our meal to him when we arrived. He asked that you call him back when we arrived. You did not call so he called back, however, it was after we had already left the restaurant. He was disappointed and so were we. We had the Jazz Brunch at Commander's Palace the next day. Much more attention was given to our special celebration there.Special Features:
- Always Impressive!austinlynDined on 8/15/2014It had been since the early 2000's since I last dined at Emeril's - mostly because I had moved out of New Orleans for about 16 years. After dining there for lunch this week, I wondered why I've waited so long to come back! The prices are VERY reasonable for such an overall exceptional dining experience. The food, the staff, the presentation, the value - all very impressive. And, hey, it's EMERIL'S! Who doesn't love the guy? Also, you're doing yourself a huge disservice if pass up the Banana Cream Pie for dessert!Special Features:
- Still Very GoodRobmacVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a very good dining experience. All the food was nicely prepared and attractively presented, and service was very good. My wife started with gumbo which she thought was outstanding. I liked her salmon more than she did, but both thought it good. My corn chowder was a hit, and my swordfish was perfectly cooked, if a bit small portion. Great drinks and an excellent but huge and somewhat overwhelming wine list. Not the best meal we had in NOLA, but a very good one.Special Features:
- Good food; the Banana Cream rocks!bbrk865Dined on 8/14/2014Had a nice experience with my wife while getting away for a couple days. The food was very good and the Banana Cream pie is a must. It was our first time at any Emeril's but a worthwhile experience.Special Features:
- Great DinnerShipwreckDined on 8/13/2014Our visit to New Orleans was highlighted by our dinner at Emerils. My wife and I were truly pampered by our Wait staff. The food was great, we both had the Taste of Summer Meal. The choices were perfect for 2 people who wanted to share. Thank you again for making it special for us as if we were VIPs.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceGramsDined on 8/11/2014As with all of Chef Emeril's restaurants, the service was exceptional. The food, while very good, just didn't excite me that much. I think I like NOLA better, more interesting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great timeBeenthereDined on 8/10/2014The food was good, not great, good. The Kale salad, the flavors were right on but the kale centers were bitter and HARD. The Swordfish was a great piece of "meat" it was thick and moist! The Gumbo was tasty. My husband had the Andouille Encrusted Drum, good but should only be eaten by persons who want their fish to have no flavor (not knocking the way the dish was prepared, just sharing that the drum seems to be a super mild fish). But the desserts made us swoon, I had the Chocolate Hazelnut Flan, Woozier!!! He had the banana cream pie, he said it was WOW! The service was spectacular, nice southern hospitality was felt from the moment we pulled up, to the moment we walked out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of best food ever hadEM80INDined on 8/9/2014Place was amazing! Great staff and gourmet food!! I may go here every time I visit New Orleans.Special Features:
- What makes a restaurant great?Wineanddine1Dined on 8/9/2014What makes a restaurant great? To me it's the experience if all the senses, sights, sounds, taste and smells. Emeril's offers all of these things with attentive service, great food, wine, presentation and at a pretty reasonable price. I had the stuffed quail that was prepared perfectly. Succulent and moist there were so many good flavors you want hold it in your mouth like a fine wine. I forgot to mention the BBQ shrimp appetizer that is always great at any if Emeril's Restaurants. The Ravena Pinot Noir paired well with the Quail and the BBQ shrimp. Dessert was peanut butter chocolate pie and a shot of expresso. I have never been disappointed at any of Emeril's establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.