New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans/
- Phone: 5045289393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Slater
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Customize your private party with exquisite food, wine & service.
- Private Party Contact: Ashton Senn 504-528-9393x
A word from Emeril's Restaurant
From its first day, Emeril's Restaurant & the multitalented man who reinvents it with every meal became the focus of ecstatic praise. A decade after Emeril's Restaurant exploded onto the culinary scene, Emeril's has evolved & transformed itself for the 21st century by updating its flagship restaurant. Completed in 2000, the innovative details reflect the significance of the warehouse district location, new New Orleans cuisine & Emeril’s extensive wine list. The Food Bar is framed by a tapestry of glass encased spices showcasing the bold & creative flavors that Chef Emeril features. Emeril's state of the art kitchen is visible from the main dining room. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no sleeveless shirts for men, no hats or flip flops. David Slater, Chef de Cuisine, and Kevin Delaune, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Emeril's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Emeril's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
498 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (312)special occasion (310)notable wine list (221)good for groups (171)romantic (165)hot spot (129)neighborhood gem (124)great for lunch (87)vibrant bar scene (55)great for brunch (23)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Emerils is no a toursit trapOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014I am alwasy cautious about restaurants that might be too famous as so often the service tends to decline when fame is too much. Not so at Emerils. The service was amazing. the helpfullness of the servers was over the top, and the food the best. Cannot recommend enough.Special Features:
- Great Lunch For A Great PriceSeaCrisVIPDined on 10/27/2014We had the lunch special of three courses. The lunch was marvelous. The waiter was very attentive and the food came out quickly. The restaurant is beautiful with lots of natural light. Do not miss.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencejade99Dined on 10/25/2014Had the amazing truffle fried chicken for 2. It was superb. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedStrutsDined on 10/24/2014Made a reservation at 9:15pm but was not seated till 9:45pm. Hostess was not very welcoming. Server was very good. The wine selection was excellent, as were the barbecue shrimp. The andouille crusted drum itself was tasty, but quite salty (came on a bed of fries). My partner had the fish of the day which was average. Banana pie was just ok. Overall, dinner was fine, but will go to NOLA next time we go to an Emeril's restaurant...Special Features:
- DisappointedSFFrequentTravelerDined on 10/24/2014Expected more. Took 25 minutes to get seated after time of reservation. Took 20 minutes to get first drink after ordering. Interminable wait between courses. Food was mediocre. Wait staff was clearly poorly trained. Constant stream of apologies for mistakes and delays. Two hours and twenty five minutes for three courses. Only thing they excelled at was keeping water glasses full. Mediocre.
- Dining at it's best!snowladyDined on 10/24/2014We dined at Emeril's in November, 2013 and returned because it was so exceptional. The food is incredible and the entire experience memorable. It was as good as we remembered! The wait staff is entertaining as well as efficient. This time we had friends with us and they were equally impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at EmerilsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014Good food. Bustling atmosphere. Overuse of BBQ sauce on multiple dishes. They all had a similar sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a Viewwhitnut1029Dined on 10/23/2014We were seated at the food bar overlooking the kitchen. We enjoyed watching the chefs and sous chefs prepare all the food. What a treat for us! Thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceMcRaeDined on 10/23/2014The food was everything you would expect but the services was outstanding, what a wonderful dining experience. Also, while it is a vibrant dining scene the acoustics of the dining room are such that it is easy to carry on a conversation, a wonderfully designed restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marilyn49Dined on 10/22/2014Service was exceptional but food was not. It was good but had far better elsewhere, notably Irene's in the FQ (ask for Antoine) and La Strada on Magazine. Save your money.Special Features:
- Spectacular mealDeeB3Dined on 10/22/2014We were a group of four and everyone was floored by how good the food was. Seafood stew and BBQ salmon were the favorites. Lick the plate good! Best meal in a very long time. As a Celiac patient with gluten-free needs the staff was very knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service & Best Steak EverEpicureistDined on 10/22/2014We have eaten in over 25 states and 13 countries and nothing compared to the "Steak" I had yesterday at Emeril's! It was so tender you could cut it with a spoon...that's right a SPOON! We went for a 1:00 pm lunch & they were BUSY, but so in sync, organized & efficient that you wouldn't have noticed had it not been for the noise. Staff was outstanding our glasses were never empty, our empty plates never sat for more than a minute. If you are going to put your name on a restaurant like Emeril you better make it run better than a Timex watch and this place runs like a Patek Philippe. Go to New Orleans and hang out in the French Quarter and surrounding areas go to Emeril's and have the experience of a superb meal with exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodEdFromTorontoVIPDined on 10/22/2014Every bit as great as I remember it last time I was there about 10 years ago. Just awesome, went back for lunch the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SwankyFoodTraveler24Dined on 10/21/2014Took my wife here for her birthday on our last evening in New Orleans. She always wanted to go to one of Emeril's restaurants since watching him on the Food Channel. While the food and service were good, we were overwhelmed by the wine list and didn't find anything on the menu that really intrigued us. I guess we are more casual dinners and not really comfortable in a fine dining restaurant like Emeril's.
- Great NOLA date nightCbp1727Dined on 10/21/2014Loved the food and vibe of the restaurant. We had reservations on a Tuesday night at 7:30 and the place was packed. Drinks, entrees, and desserts were all wonderful! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop for dinnernvrdulltxVIPDined on 10/21/2014New Orleans has more restaurants than anyone could visit during their time in the Big Easy. We found Emeril's to be an extra great experience in a town with many great experiences. Emeril's delivers on the plate, our group had the most amazing time, every dish was perfectly cooked and very tasty. Service was awesome, prompt and not overbearing, our server really made our experience even better, he made several great suggestions to improve our selections. With all the choices in New Orleans to visit, put Emeril's at the TOP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than expected!PeachesDined on 10/21/2014We chose Emeril's because it was close to our hotel and chose it for the convenience. I hadn't read many reviews, so we didn't really know for sure what to expect. Our dining experience was excellent in so many ways and we would highly recommend this fine restaurant for the food, the service and the ambiance. The sweet barbecue glazed salmon was luscious, and be sure to try the NOLA Cosmopolitan and the Banana Cream Pie! We would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's Service was OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Emiril's lived up to it's Top CHEF reputation. We wanted to try a lot of dishes and it is a bit pricey so we ordered most of the appetizers and small plates / sides. Everything was delicious and the service was amazing. We absolutely loved the duck wings, calamari and sauce (best we ever had) and the kale salad was awesome. We will highly recommend this to all our friends.Special Features:
- Glad we wentRoadtripVIPDined on 10/20/2014The fried chicken for two was a great choice. It was tasty for breakfast the next day in our hotel room! The kale salad was wonderful. My husband enjoyed his cup of gumbo. Our time at the bar was fun and conversation was lively among most of the guests. We were seated on schedule and met our team of servers...this is where it became a bit of an assembly line rather than true service. We really didn't know who was our main server and it almost seemed that they forgot as well. Our salad and soup came quickly. We waited a LONG time for our food. We finally said we were starving when they checked if we wanted more wine and then @ least 3 servers appeared and then the food. The team concept seemed to be the cause of this service issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth It!WisconsinFoodieDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I were on our own for the evening, looking to escape the crowds of people at the convention center. We decided on Emeril's because of the BBQ shrimp, banana crème pie, and other creative chef-inspired creations. What we found was an astonishing wine list with our favorite St. Emilion wine along with the fantastic menu. The team approach to service was choreographed perfectly, and the food was absolutely amazing. Will definitely be back the next time we visit New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans HighlightRichKimTwomeyDined on 10/20/2014GREAT PLACE! We spent 3 nights in New Orleans on vacation. The highlight of the trip was lunch at Emeril's. We sat at the bar facing the kitchen. The chef talked with us the whole time. The food was fabulous. I had the corn and crab chowder, bbq shrimp, the filet mignon, and banana cream pie.Special Features:
- Stellar Service!ctgirlDined on 10/19/2014I have not had service like this in a long time - maître d' at table, water filled every 5 minutes, 2 servers assigned to us. Food great, huge wine list, large scale, earthen/brown stylish décor. We were impressed!!Special Features:
- Another great meal at EmerilsERayDined on 10/19/2014We always go to Emeril's when we are in NO. Arrived on time and only had a 5 minute wait. We had requested seating at the counter overlooking the kitchen. It was a great experience watching the cooks prepare various courses. The pork chop is "to die for" and my wife had a white fish, which she said was "excellent". Already looking forward to next year at the BluesFest.Special Features:
- great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014really fun night with old friends. Service was excellent, tour of kitchen was additional bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon RoyaltyTexasPrincessDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I are from a small town in Texas and had to wait a year from our wedding to go on our honeymoon. I had never been to New Orleans and the only thing I wanted to do was eat at one of Emeril's restaurants. The entire staff at Emeril's was amazing! From start to finish I felt like a princess. My husband (who is more of a Taco Bell guy) was even amazed and wanted to go back the next day. The staff made us feel pampered and the food was to die for. The crab and corn bisque is officially the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. I can't wait to go back again. Thanks guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Believe the hype!YeseniaDined on 10/18/2014I thoroughly enjoyed dinner here with family and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Whenever I am in New Orleans I never miss Emerils . The best pork chop ever !! We need one in NY citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentSuzanneDined on 10/18/2014Emeril's flagship restaurant continues to deliver consistently excellent food accompanied by stellar service. It has been a remains a real dining pleasure.Special Features:
- Great for celebrationdonluvs2dineDined on 10/17/2014Emeril's is outstanding. Great for a celebration. However, it is a bit hard to have a conversation with the noise level fairly high.Special Features:
- awesome placejamesDined on 10/16/2014Food was as impressive as you would expect. Purely amazing. Location is perfect! The best element of this place is the service. From the door staff, bar staff and finally all the table staff. Blain was by far the nicest wait staff. A lot of fun. Super niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outIanVenDined on 10/16/2014What a terrific place. The food was fantastic. We ordered the whole chicken for two... Bring your appetite! It's a ton of food with great fixins and delicious chicken. Truffled, deep fried and decadent! The service was top notch. Everyone did a great job and seemed genuinely passionate about the whole experience. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's was fantastic.anniversary40Dined on 10/16/2014It was our 40th wedding anniversary and I noted that when I made the reservation. We were greeted like a king and queen. They gave us a corner private table and the hostess and waiters all came over and congratulated us. Amazing dinner. 3 waiters for your table. So attentive. My husband had the salmon and I had the best pork chop I have ever eaten. "Huge" After dinner they came out with individual candle lit sorbet dishes. I can't wait to take my daughter there in the future. My husband stated that Emeril's was the best part of our 11 day trip. :)Special Features:
- haypaulaDined on 10/16/2014The service we received at Emeril's was amazing! The attention to detail so impressive. All the servers, hostess, waiter were so very attentive. water glasses were never empty! All were friendly and patient with our menu questions. The dinner rolls and bread were to die for. My pork chop was very thick, moist and tasty.And sweet potatoes were delicious. I usually choose a seafood entree and in hindsight wish I had. But I was surprised there were limited fish entrees to choose from. I should have checked the menu before going. All in all a delightful experience in a classy location. Almost forgot! If you get the chance to sit at the food bar overlooking the kitchen I would go for that experience (unless on a romantic date).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to the basicsLoPaDined on 10/16/2014Who would have thought that fried chicken and banana cream pie could be life-altering experiences?Special Features:
- Stqcy LangOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014The whole experience was fabulous! Food was great! Service was top notch! Everything was just about perfect! Would recommend it for sure, and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good, but expected GREAT.humblefoodiedinerDined on 10/15/2014My husband & I planned a small getaway to NOLA for a few days and we're itching to try out Emeril's restaurant. We made our reservations a week in advance & were glad we did! We went on a Wednesday & expected a quiet night, but were shocked when we overheard the hostess saying they were full aside from some bar seating. The place was bustling with moderate levels of noise from all the guests. We were sat a table right in front of the hall to the kitchen, not ideal, but adequate. Disappointing however, when we realized that spot literally 3 steps behind my husband's seat was the waiter hangout. At times there was up to 3 waiters behind him chatting, but at least 1 overseeing. Not romantic. The food was delish & LOVED the Duck Liver Toast!Special Features:
- Flagship LocationkateDined on 10/15/2014It was a very tasty dinner and I don't want to be critical, but the frenetic pace and atmosphere took away from our experience a bit. The service was prompt, but never ending. People constantly on the move. It wasn't the place for a leisurely meal. It was cool to be able to eatch the kitchen, though. I'd still recommend it, because of the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Always a great choice! Service was wonderful and the food superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2014This place makes me want to rent an apartment upstairs so I could eat at Emeril's every day. I don't know which is more outstanding, the food or the staff. This staff just loves you the minute you walk through the door...and not that cheezy way that some places do...they don't want to be your friend either....they just sincerely want you to have the best meal and experience possible. I wish I could get there more often! I live in NC, so this is always a big treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken an excellent choicepleasantpalateDined on 10/14/2014We met an associate for a business dinner here. We were a little unsure what to order and our waiter recommended the chef's special which was a truffle fried chicken. So amazing!! It was more than enough food to feed all three of us. For desert the banana cream pie which i would also highly recommend. Overall a very enjoyable dinner. Awesome and helpful waiter.Special Features: