Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
MGM Grand Hotel
3799 Las Vegas Blvd, South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleans-fish-house
- Phone: (702) 891-7374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Creole
- Executive Chef: Heath Cicerelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril's New Orleans Fish House courtyard seats 35-50 guests & offers a six course Chef's tasting menu specially tailored to your guests tastes. Beverages are additional. Wine pairing package are available with your tasting. Emeril's chefs will create a menu for your guests using the freshest seasonal ingredients available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Conn 7027340025x14
A word from Emeril's New Orleans Fish House
Chef Emeril Lagasse gives this New Orleans seafood house his signature 'Bam!' with a menu of market fresh fish, shellfish, steaks and his "New New Orleans" twist on Louisiana's Creole cooking. Paired with a wine list that received Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence," and an imaginative sea-inspired design by New York's Rockwell Group, you'll feel closer to the ocean than the Vegas Strip.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (132)special occasion (117)notable wine list (72)good for groups (68)romantic (66)hot spot (32)great for lunch (28)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- LuckyBoy1Dined on 11/20/2014I ordered a special blue crab boil, but the crabs were not meaty at all and should not have been on the menu. I worked very hard for very little meat. My meal was disappointing but the guys who were with me, enjoyed their meals a lot. I would come back but order something else. Again, these crabs had no meat and should not have been on the menu. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spices used as they should be.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Normally, I do not like spicy food and spicy food does not like me. The Cajun spiced dishes we had at Emeril's were palate pleasing, complex and (wonder of wonders) sat well on my usually fussy stomach. The experience was a pleasant example of how spice should be used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to focus on the food againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The service was fantastic. Can't say enough about the staff there and their dedication to making it a good experience. The wine selection is also very good - had a great time tasting the wine. The food left alot to be desired, from the overcooked appetizers, to the overpriced entree and despite Emeril's reputation for flavorful southern cuisine, the food left alot to be desired on both quality (especially quality) but also in flavor and value. Go to Emeril's for a drink, go somewhere else for the food.
- It's just not what you would expect0manDined on 11/15/2014This was my 2nd time at the Vegas spot, and 5th overall at Emerils including New Orleans, and it's good, but it's just not up to a level you would expect. The Cajun lover will not love this at all. The Gumbo was good - the best ever out of my 5 Emeril experiences, including NOLA, but not better than many other lesser known New Orleans spots. After the Gumbo it was downhill. The menu is just ok, and not enough true Cajun or Creole influence - I think they dumb it down to be inviting for everyone, and that's wrong.Special Features:
- Too salty!GailJDined on 11/13/2014Shrimp appetizer seemed heavy on Worcestershire sauce and did not have the wow factor. Steak entree was very tender but salty. Sauce on the salmon entree was again too salty, Beautiful restaurant. Great service, but the food did not live up to its billing.
- Southern Cuisine with a bangfootball1982Dined on 11/12/2014Emeril's New Orleans Fish House has recently had a renovation, and they have also added some new dishes. The front of the restaurant is open to the MGM hotel hallway, and is more casual. Our table was in the interior of the restaurant, towards the back. It was more intimate and quiet. Our three servers were very attentive, filling our water glasses frequently and checking to make sure that we were doing well. My husband started with the sweet corn and lobster bisque and I started with the kale salad. Both dishes were delicious. The dressing on the kale salad was unlike any I had had before, sweet and spicy. I chose a signature Emeril's dish of Texas Red Fish and Grits, and it was very good. My husband had the fish pan fry, and the shrimp and sausage were very tasty. The fish was dry and flavorless however. He also did not care for the rice. He will not order that dish again. We also shared a side dish of sugar snap peas and tomatoes. It was very good, and something I hope to try making at home. Sadly our stomachs did not have enough room for dessert! Our food was very good, but not outstanding as we had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good for the most partSweetpeaDined on 11/11/2014We have visited Emeril's several times before and enjoyed the food and service. This time it was just okay not spectacular. Emeril needs to visit and kick it up a notch again. The first couple of times we visited it rocked and the couple other visits have been fine. This visit was not over the top for the dollars we spent. The butter fish was OUTSTANDING! The staff was very knowledgeable regarding the sea food, BUT the Caesar Salad was horrible and we didn't eat it. It was overly dressed and the taste was off no where near a awesome Caesar, we liked the idea of the anchovies on top but because of the watery dressing we could not enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be kicked up a notch!JamesBVIPDined on 11/10/2014Restaurant is typical Las Vegas casino restaurant cut out of a vast windowless space. Food is good but nothing special. I was craving the banana cream pie that had been so spectacular years ago at the original Emeril's in New Orleans. Here it is portioned (and priced) to be shared by two or three people, and good but heavy and a bit bland - not at all as I remembered. Service was very good, but the "tag team" approach just seemed redundant.
- NondescriptXozstedDined on 11/8/2014Lacked any character--in all aspects--dining atmosphere, service, and food. The food was reasonably tasty, but had zero creativity in presentation. This is a "dated" restaurant in every way. Most disappointing dinner that I have ever had in Vegas--at least I had wonderful company. This restaurant was ranked in top 10 in Vegas. I fail to see it and I wouldn't go there again.
- Always wanted to goLuvtodinevegasDined on 11/7/2014My grown son & I wanted to go to Emerils . We had reservations and were seated toward the back of the restaurant for more privacy which was nice. Wait staff was amazing; food was spectacular ... Especially the bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Feel the ambiance goes down when the idiot at the next table was seated in shorts & flip flops.. Clearly NOT adhering to the business casual dress code for dinner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLuvhuntingtonDined on 11/6/2014The food is amazing, the service impeccable. Had a great first time experience and will be adding this to my favorite Vegas restaurants.Special Features:
- Emeril's was fabulous!MeggalDined on 11/5/2014We travel all over the U.S. a lot and have a daughter living in New Orleans, so we have the benefit of trying many restaurants. The atmosphere and service was excellent and made us feel special. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the wine list. We all had the baby wedge salad which was light and flavorful not overpowered by a heavy blue cheese dressing. I had the pecan crusted red fish with grits, ratatouille and I had a side of collard greens - all spectacular and not too heavy. My husband had the bake which he loved and our friend had the snapper which the server fileted for him. The dessert sampler was beyond delicious. What more can I say - you must try it for yourself!Special Features:
- Don't be FooledWolfjmDined on 11/4/2014Many who stay at the MGM will see this as a fast food experience, well don't be fooled, the quality of the food and service is excellent, with my wife declaring that it was the best steak she had ever eaten!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Our group always finds time to eat here when we are in Las Vegas. They never disappoint!Special Features:
- Would NOT recommenddisappointedinvegasDined on 10/30/2014My husband ordered the snapper and had to pull approximately 20 bones out of the fishmeat. A few bones is understandable, but this many is simply unacceptable and demonstrates laziness in the kitchen. Our waiter was very kind, but this does not make up for the poor food preparation. We will never eat here again, nor will we reccomend this restaurant to anyone.
- Even better than we hoped for!SkfmswVIPDined on 10/29/2014We ate at several "celebrity chief" restaurants while in Las Vegas, and this was the best by far! The "sweet barbecue salmon with andouille sausage potatoe hash" was one of the best salmon dishes I've ever had, and everyone in our party of four loved everything they ordered. Of course dinner was pricesy, but at least we all felt that we got what we paid for: a really fantastic meal!Special Features:
- EnjoyedMLPAVIPDined on 10/28/2014Had a very good meal here before seeing a show. The server was great. He asked if we had time constraints and was very helpful in choosing our dinner selections. The food was excellent and the banana cream pie for dessert was worth every calorie. Overall, a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cajun in VegasPompousWildBillDined on 10/28/2014Visited Emeril's before a show in the MGM. Food was superb and service was excellent. Redfish with grits was unbelievable. Pecan pie for desert was the best pecan pie I have ever had. Everyone at the table agreed.Special Features:
- Great Food at Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Had a client meeting at Emeril's Fish House and the food was outstanding. There were seven of us who had six different entrees and all were well prepared and very flavorful and consistent with the theme of the restaurant. I would recommend Emeril's Fish House to any of those visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:
- DeliciousCranberryBobDined on 10/25/2014Seafood lover delight. Delicious food prepared superbly. Lawrence and the entire waiter staff very polite and engaging. In addition to the seafood, members of our group also enjoyed the bourbon soaked ribeye steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnervegaslocalDined on 10/25/2014Our great experience at Emeril's began when the restaurant called a few days ahead to confirm the reservation and asked whether we were celebrating a special occasion. Both the hostess and our waiter wished us a happy anniversary. The staff was very attentive and took very good care of us. The food was absolutely outstanding. I opted for grilled swordfish, one of the fresh items of the day while my wife had pecan crusted redfish. one of the house specialties. Though we passed on dessert, they were nice enough to give us a bowl of sorbet with a candle in it to recognize our occasion. Overall a great experience and we'll be back.Special Features:
- expectations were not metdannyboyDined on 10/25/2014Food was not as tasty as I had been expecting. No Bam! in my fish plate. Was not bad, but not great.
- Eat Here !!!ONNTWODined on 10/25/2014I was impressed with how fast we got in and got seated. I loved the two waiter system never had to ask for refills on water or drinks. The service was quick (but not rushed) and friendly. Both the wife and I found the food to be very tasty and well prepared. Overall a good dining experience !!!Special Features:
- So glad we went.ParrotheadDined on 10/25/2014The food and service were excellent. I shared the meal with a guy friend. We ordered appetizers, a main course, dessert and drinks. I'm not big on chicken so I tried to talk him into ordering something else , but the chicken was tender and delicious. One of my favorites cocktails is a basic mojito and not every bar does them well, but Emeril's did :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9 of us had a wonderful timeJunegDined on 10/25/2014We were a group of 9 who dined there before the Jimmy Buffett concert. We were also celebrating two couples anniversary. We allhad wonderful meals, especially the two that had the steamed clams, 1 person that had the salmon and one who had the steak. We have been going see the concert every year for the past 5 years and have eaten at Emeril's each time. Great Place.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceWorldEaterDined on 10/24/2014We fully expected to be impressed with the food simply on reputation alone. We were not disappointed. Everything from the appetizers to main courses to deserts - all impressive! For being land locked in Vegas,the seafood was as fresh as we are accustomed - and we are from the Gulf Coast! Anthony and the rest of the staff topped off a wonderful dining experience! All the seafood dishes were fresh and well prepared. Sauces were wonderful but get them on the side so as not to take away from the freshness of your dish. The wine list is extensive so have the staff recommend something based on your meal choice. We had our children with us and they certainly enjoyed their meals, even proclaiming the redfish was the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014The food ane drinks were amazing! The service was suburb! We were there to celebrate our 38th Anniversary. The evening could not have been any better. Our thanks to the staff and managers at Emeril's.Special Features:
- Very good mealWillowjaneDined on 10/20/2014We had a very good meal at Emeril's. We started with the octopus appetizer, corn bisque with lobster, and crab cake. We enjoyed our entrees of barbequed salmon, fisherman's stew and hawaiian butterfish but the hit of the evening was the hickory smoked mac and cheese! The brocollini and asparagus where great sides as well. The sides were definitely big enough to share and we couldn't finish everything. Great service just added to the evening. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, not so great serviceChrissyDined on 10/20/2014I went to this restaurant with some friends a couple nights ago. The food was great, though a little pricey. I highly recommend the Mojito Tropico, absolutely delicious!!! By far the best cocktail I've ever had. My only complaint was the service. It took 2 hours for the 4 of us to have dinner. Mainly because this restaurant handles the delivery of the food like a fine dining establishment, which it is and I appreciate. They bring every dish out covered on a tray away from the table receiving the food and have a group of servers deliver the plates to the table together at once. This is a nice touch BUT it caused the service for all other needs (taking your order, refilling drinks, getting the bill) to suffer as a result.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysmidniteVIPDined on 10/20/2014Atmosphere is pleasing and food was good but not great. Menu limitedSpecial Features:
- Very niceChidinerDined on 10/19/2014Good prices on nice wines by the glass. the fish dishes range from creative to classic, enough to please everyone. Our server was very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Orleans seafood cookingLovingToLiveLivingToEatDined on 10/19/2014The selection of fish/seafood and different presentations were outstanding. The entire family truly enjoyed their meal. The apple/almond salad was so delicious that we all wanted more. The Texas Redfish and it's sides were the favorite, understandably a signature dish. The steamed presentation of the butterfish was so delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Recommend to anyone that likes seafood with a New Orleans style presentation!Special Features:
- Favorite spotnewportregularDined on 10/18/2014Went to see show at MGM and was excited about being able to dine at Emeril's once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's falls flatHungryChinamanDined on 10/18/2014Emeril's New Orleans Fish House is just another overpriced hotel restaurant. Most of the items fall short in flavor and preparation. The service is very good and friendly and all of the management, bussers, runners etc. were all very helpful. The overall experience was average; mainly due to the food. The food is not as salty or fatty as you would expect from Emeril. However, to make it worse the food lacks interesting style and flavor. There is nothing exciting about the good, and I would argue I've had much better gumbo and jambalaya for 1/3 of the price. The only item on the menu we had that truly enjoyed was the BBQ shrimp appetizer. The clam chowder is pretty good as well, but a bit pricey. Do NOT get the jambalaya!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!mjminorDined on 10/18/2014This was an outstanding ... amazing dining experience. We dined at the Chef's Table and it was totally AWESOME! the food was unique yet delicious. the staff I can't rave enough about, even though they had a restaurant full of guests, they made us feel like we were the only diners there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceTSPGADined on 10/18/2014We were seated a half hour late and did not have time to celebrate my son's birthday! The seafood appetizer was still frozen and the presentation was bad! We just barely made our 9:30 show. We always eat at Emerils at Universal Studios in FL and always enjoy eating there. We will not be coming back to Emerils in Las Vegas. They did give us all a free drink but for the $600 check it was not the experience that we had expected. Emerils would not be happy;-(
- Emerils MGMBirthdaygirl65Dined on 10/18/2014Really enjoyed the food and the atmospher. Great service on a Saturday night !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingbestDined on 10/17/2014The food and service at this location was wonderful. You never had to ask for anything. the food was outstanding and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once and donekisa4uDined on 10/17/2014We arrived with great anticipation, we were seated in the bar first and then moved to the dining room. we sat down at 5:45 and were approached at 6:10 we wanted to order off the happy hour menu before dinner, but since happy hour ended at 6:00 we were told they would make an acception and let us order. It was a good 1/2 hour until we got our drinks and appetizers. We then waited another 40 minutes until our server took our dinner order. 45 minutes later our dinner arrived, it was acceptable but nothing great. All in all the food was average, service was terrible, and I felt that it was over priced. Needless to say we will not be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLovingvegasDined on 10/16/2014A great evening filled with fantastic food and exceptional service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.