1300 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-delmonico
- Phone: (504) 525-4937
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday only, 11:30am -2:00p
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 6:00p-9:00p; Fri-Sat, 6:00p-10:00p (We are happy to extend our regular hours to accommodate your group or private event.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Anthony Scanio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Piano Player Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
A word from Emeril's Delmonico
Located on the famed St. Charles street car line in the lower Garden District, Emeril’s Delmonico has been a New Orleans tradition since 1895. Today, Chef de Cuisine Anthony Scanio continues Chef Emeril Lagasse’s signature style of “New New Orleans” cuisine, while adding influences from the diverse cultures that helped shape the Creole tradition. On the menu, it’s not uncommon to find ingredients from the Caribbean islands, such as crisp plantains, along side more classic Creole dishes to create a wholly unique dining experience. You’ll find New Orleans originals, such as oysters Bienville and fresh fish meuniere, as well as new favorites—a chorizo-stuff pork loin, dry-aged duck breast, and of course, sumptuous, dry-aged steaks. Delmonico features nightly starters, soups, entrée, and dessert specials and a seasonally changing menu based on local and regionally available meats and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Emeril's Delmonico - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Emeril's Delmonico reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (227)fit for foodies (188)romantic (174)notable wine list (119)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (74)hot spot (27)scenic view (18)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014It had been 11 years since we first dined at Delmonico's and we were thrilled to find everything as wonderful as we remembered. The service was fabulous, too. We felt welcomed and appreciated by everyone. The piano plauer in the bar was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOsaiDined on 11/21/2014I just would like to thank the staff, our waiter Leon, the cooks, everyone! That was absolutely the best experience dining I've ever had! Will be back, and will definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.worldfoodieDined on 11/19/2014It is in a beautiful old mansion and the service was impeccable, but the food was disappointing. The paneed swordfish was tasteless and dry. The gumbo was okay but not outstanding. We had hoped for a special meal and found one that was less appetizing than those we had in less expensive restaurants.
- LUXURY IN DINING and FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Emeril's Delmonico offers By far the BEST 5 STAR service and food available! Our entire meal was flavorful and beautifully prepared. A MUST for all foodies and anyone wanting to experience the finest and richest in Cajun NOLA cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA delightPES2014Dined on 11/16/2014We ate mostly regional comfort foods and found everything to be delicious and several choices (pleasantly) surprising. Most memorable was the pork cheek but the charcuterie selections were great also. Wine list is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable food!!WhodeyCrewDined on 11/15/2014For a recent guy trip to New Orleans, my friends and I wanted to try a good steak place. Locals and websites alike recommended Emeril's Delmonico. I can see why! Starting at the door where there were polite and helpful people at the door (who hailed a cab for us after our meal), the service and friendliness of the staff was top notch. Our waiter made sure our glasses had plenty of wine/water and was willing to joke around with a bunch of sophomoric guys. I had the filet mignon (my staple at steak houses) and it was by far one of the best I ever had. The additional sauces that they included (worcestershire and dijon among others) were also excellent. Another friend of mine got the same steak and was tempted to get two! Having seen the almost overexposure of Emeril Lagasse over the years you wonder if the restaurant would be gimmicky, and it definitely was not. Highly recommended for the food. BTW, the creme brulee was also excellent!Special Features:
- Great twist on Louisiana cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The food was simply delightful. I had the salmon and the pairing with the collard green and black eyed peas was unlile anything I have tasted. The boudain balls were wonderful and everything was light on your stomach. I went to celebrate my 30th birthday and the staff was super accomodating. They brought the cake out after dinner, with candles. The staff was pleasant and the entire ambiance of the restaurant was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The actual food was great. The oysters bienville were the best oysters we've ever had. Our waiter was great as well, but there was another waiter/bus boy who almost ruined the meal. He knocked into our chairs every single time he passed by our table -- not once acknowledging, much less apologizing. He also started interrupting conversations to brag about when Emeril comes in and how he knows what he eats, etc. Very distasteful and rude. Other notes - The Drum was nothing to write home about. The texture was off and was very tough to chew through on certain parts. The duck was amazing. Cornbread is super good. We had a few appetizers to share, instead of doing dessert - I recommend doing that! Also, because it is New Orleans and we had a large group, we were first concerned that split checks might not be an option -- however, they do split checks, in case anyone is wondering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My husband and I took our daughter during our recent visit for parents weekend to your wonderful restaurant this past Friday night- Food and service were both top notch and we cannot wait to return! The waiters knew just what to recommend- The piano player and local patrons were also extremely friendly and added the ' icing on the cake' to the evening! Thank you so much- Leila and Ted PidcockSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAwesomeDined on 11/14/2014Been there before. Good and service always great. A bit noisy, other than that I recommend everyone try all three of Emeril's restaurants in NO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatrickDined on 11/14/2014Check ur bill. Ours had an extra $6 charge, seemingly machine error. Surprised no free drink for it, and it took awhile for them to straighten it out. Food was good and not too priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchFBuarqueDined on 11/14/2014I went with my 18 years son, who too loves good dinning experiences and we have a wonderfull lunch. The greetings, the staff, the food, the wine by the glass list, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAM.....the food and service were awesome!!!!!!!!JETJOEDined on 11/13/2014What a great restaurant, the food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. I can't wait to go back next time I am in New Orleans. My wife and I also ate at Emeril's, Nola for lunch, what a great vibe and the service and food were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless, except for ...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2014Superb food with great attention to detail. Outstanding service. Lovely setting. Would have been perfect except we had one in our party with limited mobility and this threw the host staff. Evidently our reservation was for an upstairs table, but when we arrived and made it clear that we could not climb the stairs, we were seated at a table in the traffic route to the downstairs dining room. It was drafty-cold night- and I was bumped or jostled by patrons and waiters moving in and out of the room. There were other empty tables we could have had. In fact, there should not be a table in that space at all. So, enjoy this place, but be assertive about your needs. Do not expect the inexperienced hostesses to look out for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeluv2eatDined on 11/11/2014excellent dining experience for all involved - we will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Family visiting from CaliforniaHarley02Dined on 11/11/2014Family loved the food. Will continue to bring family to Delmonico every time they are in town for a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableAtlas84Dined on 11/10/2014From the minute we were greeted at the door and the entire time we dined at Emeril's Delmonico the service was impeccable. All of the wait staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. I entertained some business clients. My guests commented several times the following day how much they enjoyed their experience at this restaurant. The food was excellent! Everything was prepared as ordered and the waiter (Malcolm) made some great recommendations. Will definitely return on next trip to NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrogant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Unfriendly hostess/maitre d. Misleading about table availability. Pacing of courses poor.
- Good atmosphere/service - bad steakFrequentEaterVIPDined on 11/9/2014I have been to Delmonico's in Las Vegas and thought we would try this one in NOLA. Atmosphere and service was exactly what I expected. I just got a bad piece of meat (I ordered a filet). Unfortunately, no one ever checked on the status of the order and I did not want to wait any longer to eat. If it was not for the quality of the cut, I would have given much higher marks on both the food and the service. This happens with steak, but the service should have picked this up by checking on the order as soon as we cut into the steak. I will note the two other folks with me who got the filet also were very happy. BTW - I was given the exact table I asked for in my Opentable request. Kudos for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner experience!MrsKVNVIPDined on 11/9/2014On my previous visits to NOLA, I had resisted going to Delmonico - fearing it would be too "touristy." Shame on me! It was a fantastic dinner from start to finish. Our servers were attentive (even handing me a black napkin before I asked), friendly and helpful. We had a delicious meal - and a bottle of outstanding wine that the server helped us select. Walking through the kitchen to get to the upstairs dining room was an unexpected treat! We'll be back. Meanwhile, I'll be telling all my friends who are headed to NOLA about our wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What dining should be alwaysBrewingAndCookingDined on 11/9/2014This is the second time I've been here and both times the service and food have been impeccable. This is what dining should always be.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicePhrjeffVIPDined on 11/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here at Emeril's The restaurant appears to be an older home of some sort and we ate on the 2nd floor. It was a very nice setting. The food was very good and the flavors outstanding. The wait staff was very attentive, perhaps too much (when we would take a sip of water the bus boy would immediately top off the glass so they were constantly at our table).Special Features:
- Best meal I had in New OrleansKarmaDined on 11/8/2014Great service. Food was amazing. I had high expectations and they did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't missPuckettsfanDined on 11/8/2014Food was terrific. Service was crisp. Very enjoyable evening. And the bartender makes a mean Sazerac!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated and forgotten.KrccrbDined on 11/6/2014We were seated and forgot. It took two reminders to get order in. The first time we got water and drinks. Then we waited. After another reminder that we we there to eat, we finally got our order in. We received several apologies and we comped our drinks.
- MenuRonaldDined on 11/6/2014Food selection was excellent and did not disappoint!! Can't say enough for the pork chop entrée!Special Features:
- Never ever dissappoints!NOLABornDined on 11/5/2014This is my "go to" restaurant for entertaining out of town guest. This gem is located right on St Charles which allows you to view the streetcar from inside an old uptown N.O. 2-story home. Once again, my guest and I had a very impressive meal (bbq shrimp app, stuffed merliton app, drum meniere and a finely prepared salmon dish paired with blackeyed peas/kale and sauce). The highly skilled and friendly staff helps set Delmonico's apart from most other establishments because of their attention to detail and authentic N.O. hospitality. Take it from a local, it does not get any better than this in N.O. (and that's saying plenty in a city with many, many good options)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRachaelyDined on 11/3/2014I was confused by the wait staff - other than the busboy, who was fantastic, I couldn't figure out who our server was. I received the wrong meal, and then was convinced to keep the meal I had, and not have it corrected. I requested a taste of what I was *supposed* to receive, and it didn't come until well after our meal was over. Then, I was pressured to still try it, though I was full. When I said I was full, the female server said, "Well then I guess you don't want a dessert menu then, do you?" Very snippy. Our male server was very casual and spoke in slang - he seemed like he belonged in a bar, not at Emeril's. We didn't get an apology from the manager, or even the server for the incorrect order. So disappointed.Special Features:
- preferred over Emeril'sCheddarVIPDined on 11/3/2014Excellent Creole food, Wine list and very traditional old world new orleans ambianceSpecial Features:
- Wait servers are the best.SnikrepsDined on 11/3/2014Helped with recommendations for apps, what wine to choose. Malcolm knew his stuff and made my birthday celebration a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerClbrDined on 11/2/2014We had an amazing dinner and cocktails (try the scarlet Ohara ). The service was outstanding, the staff anticipated our every need and want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lcruzDined on 11/2/2014Very classic and beautiful diner. The service outstanding.Special Features:
- kaiserDined on 11/1/2014A top notch experience, very happy with nearly everything. Only small things I noticed was that the cocktail list could use some refreshing and there were two large (10+ people) parties on either side of us which made it quite loud but the wait staff seemed to handle it pretty well. It is In what seemed like not such a great neighborhood but right next to a trolley station and had valet. Would definitely come back with friends.Special Features:
- DisappointingBoiseDined on 11/1/2014The service was adolescent. Servers scurried around; one server was over attentive. Food was not special. Seemed like an amalgam of drowned flavors. The barbecue shrimp was flat. One entree was good - soft shell crab. The others were mediocre - the drum meunière (fish) and steaks (dry even though they were asked to be 'medium'). Desserts were blah. Not a recommend.
- Simply the best food... EVER!!!504NativeDined on 11/1/2014A true Gem in the city of New Orleans! If you've lived here your whole life or in town for any reason please visit! 100% worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best dinning experienceJohnDined on 11/1/2014Food great presentation & taste. Our waiter gave us several food suggests. Servers made sure we had everything we needed. Everyone was welcoming and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bam!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Outstanding flavors. Great gumbo and oysters bienville. Dr meunière and prime rib excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA VirginOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014As a first time visitor to New Orleans, it was a difficult decision to choose restaurants for my visit. Emeril's Delmonico was the right choice. From the valet to bartender-service was beyond excellent. The meal and presentation was superb and the experience will be long remembered by me and my fellow diners that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many choices.....EnjoyfoidDined on 10/25/2014The atmosphere was great! Loved the food choices, i wish i could have tried more then one entree. Lives up to its name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!MamaDined on 10/25/2014Delmonico is truly the best place we ate in New Orleans. The staff were precessional, yet great with our children. The food was AMAZING. truly. Every detail exceptional. We sat facing a lovely garden atrium area with a statue and plants. The wait staff was very attentive to our every need. They heard my toddler say she wanted "pink fish" and created a special salmon, rice and veggie dish just for her. Napkins were placed in laps based on pants color. Drinks were kept full. I didn't love my avocado dressed hearts of palm salad, but EVERYTHING else was exquisite! Simply delicious!! Our entire family highly recommends this new find!Special Features: