1300 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-delmonico
- Phone: 5045254937x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday only, 11:30am -2:00p
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 6:00p-9:00p; Fri-Sat, 6:00p-10:00p (We are happy to extend our regular hours to accommodate your group or private event.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Anthony Scanio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Piano Player Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
A word from Emeril's Delmonico
Located on the famed St. Charles street car line in the lower Garden District, Emeril’s Delmonico has been a New Orleans tradition since 1895. Today, Chef de Cuisine Anthony Scanio continues Chef Emeril Lagasse’s signature style of “New New Orleans” cuisine, while adding influences from the diverse cultures that helped shape the Creole tradition. On the menu, it’s not uncommon to find ingredients from the Caribbean islands, such as crisp plantains, along side more classic Creole dishes to create a wholly unique dining experience. You’ll find New Orleans originals, such as oysters Bienville and fresh fish meuniere, as well as new favorites—a chorizo-stuff pork loin, dry-aged duck breast, and of course, sumptuous, dry-aged steaks. Delmonico features nightly starters, soups, entrée, and dessert specials and a seasonally changing menu based on local and regionally available meats and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Emeril's Delmonico - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Emeril's Delmonico reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (190)fit for foodies (138)romantic (134)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (57)hot spot (17)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (14)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- When Meat is at StakeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Looking for a great steak in the Big Easy may not be so easy. Sure many places claim to be a "steak house" but Delmonico's surpasses them all by a long shot. First of all, The service is impeccable. My glass of water would be refilled after just one sip. The highest standard of quality ingredients were showcased in all the delectable side dishes such as the sauteed brussel sprouts, creamy and silky mashed potatoes, outrageous mac and cheese etc. The salads were also nice but the Caesar salad could have been a bit more plentiful. Carnivores can rejoice knowing that the beef is aged to perfection. A trio of ssuces such as Bearnaise, Chimichurri and a sweet red wine reduction accompany all the meat selections. A truly great dining nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Everything you would expect at an Emeril restaurant! Food was great as was the service. Just the ticket for a NO meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Great food and great service. It s a little chilly where we were on second floor so we changed seats once. The staff made us feel very comfortable and welcome without hovering. Perfect balance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDsauvageDined on 10/18/2014Romantic, delicious and memorable... I have lived in New Orleans for over 40 years and Emerils Delmonico remains a favorite. Dry aged steaks, seasonal specials and decadent desserts continue to temp -- and they always deliver an incredible experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, not unusually goodspeaktruthDined on 10/18/2014We found Emeril's to be a good restaurant. We had three waiters -this was a little much for me (one w/ fanatical attention to water levels)- but the waiters were just doing their job & they were friendly. I had duck confit for dinner which was plated with waffles. I understand this was a play on chicken with waffles but didn't think the waffles were good enough to be on the plate. Actually my first thought was to question why the waffles needed to be there at all. My husband & son had entrees that were good too, but really, not special enough to warrant the price. We've been systematically hitting restaurants famous and not so famous for about 3 years-since since my son has attended Tulane-and overall, Emeril's food just wasn't special.Special Features:
- Great appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Dinner started with ordering a bottle of wine that got to the table after appetizers right before the main dish was served. Steaks was over cooked. Appetizers were undelivable good.Special Features:
- Every thing we hoped for.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Went to New Orleans to celebrate wife's birthday and wanted to experience one of Emeril's restaurants and really glade we picked Delmonico. Excellent food, fantastic service and the atmosphere in historic building really made the night memorable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Had the most amazing dinner experience at Emeril's Delmonico! The food and ambiance was amazing. Best steak I have ever had in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014This is a fine restaurant with excellent food (crispy pork cheek and pork chop dishes outstanding). The gumbo was very good. Only blemish, the chicken clemenceau was a poor choice, very dull though well cooked, also they might consider an alternative to corn bread. Wine list as good as you can get with some bottles at around $30 so relatively affordable. The only downside was we were sat upstairs next to a group of 12 or so youngsters on a pre wedding celebration, very noisy. Had we not been in New Orleans and had the server (Malcolm and his crew) not been so good, I could have got upset about this and asked to move. I wondered if they felt they could do this to us because we were an open table customer with no repeat potential.Special Features:
- a must when I visit New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014My husband and I ate here on our first trip to New Orleans a few years back. We have returned on both our other trips. Food is fantastic and the service very nice. Located along the St. Charles trolley line so easy to get to.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Had the Bone in Ribeye steak, worth every penny, the best steak in my entire life seriously. My wife had the Fillet, it was great as well, kinda over priced but really good. Had the Cheese Grits, didn't care for that. Also had the Shrimp Mirliton, it was good tasted like my grandmothers. We had some Cornbread with the Gumbo that was perfect sweet but not to sweet. For our sides we had the Mac n Cheese ( awesome ) Green Beans ( Awesome ) Brussel sprouts that were very tasty. The entire experience was wonderful, look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningZeusGuyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Beautiful front room with attentive service. Crab dip was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodwowbutDined on 10/13/2014Service was excellent (from valet to waiters), food was deliciously perfect, ambience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!!JulieeoDined on 10/13/2014Went to New Orleans for my birthday and picked this place for my Birthday dinner. We had an amazing meal from start to finish!! Food was excellent as was the service. Best dessert I had in New Orleans!Special Features:
- 2 out of 3 stripshatetocookDined on 10/13/20143 strips ordered, 2 were good, 1 was super grissley and uneatable. when mentioned to wait staff, reply was well sometimes it is like that. for $44 it should never be like that, was not replaced or comped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerKBerg77Dined on 10/12/2014A group of 10 of us visiting for an Anesthesia conference decided to try this gem, made popular by Emeril Legasse. It certainly lived up to the expectation. Food, ambience were spectacular. My only slight hesitation was that the entrees took slightly longer to arrive to the table than I expected, but perhaps that was because of a group of 10 people. That said, they got all the orders correct, and the desserts were excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebration dinnerbacchusDined on 10/12/2014Our party of 8 thoroughly enjoyed their evening at Delmonico. The service was excellent, food delicious and beautifully presented. Definitely will come back next time we are in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience at DelmonicoChopperDined on 10/12/2014Very nice ambiance and wide ranging menu; nice use of local flavors and native ingredients. Although somewhat pricey, food is ample in portions. Food is generally rich and aggressively seasoned...not for dieters!!. Only complaint was that drink prices were too high even by city standards. I was charged $22 for margarita on the rocks because they used a premium tequila that I never asked for...special martini's of the night were $15 and rather small. Overall good experience and I would certainly go back and recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedrbolenVIPDined on 10/11/2014This review is hard to write. I have dined at Delmonico's a number of times at a couple of the locations, but my last visit may well be my last. My wife and I had a 8:45 reservation and could not have been more disappointed. Right from the start, I knew there was an issue as the noise level on the second floor is now unbearable. Our staff was not only overly solicitous, they disappeared for great lengths of time. I can only assume to escape the noise that was pulsing through the room. The steaks we ordered were horrible...even requiring an unusual (for us) return of her dish to the kitchen for a redo. This one is hard to see fall. I loved Delmonico's and will forever hope that we hit them on a bad night. Sad.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantIndybobDined on 10/11/2014Memorable experience. Will come again next time in City. Might even travel to NO just to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonerful restaurantjewelsbyjoanie3Dined on 10/11/2014We had a delicious dinner at Emeril's! The food was excellent and the service impeccable! The steak and side of mac and cheese was divine! Chocolate coconut cream pie was amazing for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencelove2eatDined on 10/11/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. The waitstaff was excellent and the food was delicious. I totally recommend this restaurant to any one in the New Orleans area. We had a party of 8 celebrating a birthday and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Extremely friendly and eager to make experience memorable. Will be back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Service was very good so was the food noise was a little load but the food made up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50th DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Attended Delmonico for my 50th birthday day on Oct 10th and had a wonderful time. For me it was the best meal that I have had in a restaurant. The staff were awesome and extremely friendly. Would recommend this place to anyone for a special occasion meal. Can't wait to go back the next time we visit New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerMinniedinerDined on 10/10/2014Overall a nice experience. Food was good, restaurant is beautiful and service was spectacular.Special Features:
- Yummy strawberry rhubarb martinisnolabredDined on 10/10/2014njoyed delicious food and impeccable service at Emeril's Delmonico on St. Charles Avenue. Started with yummy strawberry and rhubarb martinis. They were much too easy on the palate! The sweet cornbread served with the crabmeat appetizer was a nice surprise. The drum was delicious and the bananas foster was cooked tableside to our delight. Would definitely recommend this as a nice fine dining option.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningMolexDined on 10/9/2014Food was exceptional, the gumbo first course was the best during this trip to New Orleans. The four of us loved everything we ordered. Service was very well done with the staff being friendly, approachable but not intrusive. I will go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Classic French Service-Laredo2Dined on 10/9/2014Elegantly simple and old world charm. Love eating here every time we visit NOLA. Watching the staff serve and take care of guests is like watching a choreographed dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoneDined on 10/9/2014Food was good but fell short of expectations. Pricey for what you got. Limited desert choices. I had two different specialty cocktails and neither were good enough to try again.Special Features:
- Wednesday Night DinnerDlh0517Dined on 10/8/2014Service was a little too fast-paced for fine dining. Of the three Emeril's restaurants in New Orleans, this has been my least favorite. Might be a good choice for an expense account power dinner. Steaks were so-so for a steak house.
- great steaktville23Dined on 10/8/2014After several days of traditional NOLA cuisine, a steak seemed like a nice change of pace. Delmonico delivered. Great ambiance and attentive - not swarming - service. Deep wine list complemented the food options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining/Mr. EmerilBarnes2010Dined on 10/4/2014Dining experience and food was fantastic. However, I was disappointed in the behavior of Mr. Emeril himself. We approached Mr. Emeril after an evening in his restaurant. He was very rude and didn't not even hesitate to talk or thank us for visiting his establishment. He kept walking and left us standing there in disbelief. I understand he is a very busy person but I think its important to visit with his guests from time to time.Special Features:
- DisappointedJillDined on 10/3/2014In the first 5 mins of arriving at table were bombarded by 4 staff. Was a little too much. Had to send wine back. Not good. Food was good though. Was a little disappointed. Will not go back. Have been to his other restaurants and have been pleased.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceno1EmerilfanDined on 10/3/2014Great food, drinks and service. I would definitely be back and recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Loved the atmosphere it was truly a lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- MikeVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and awesome service! Definitely on our repeat dining list.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBillVIPDined on 9/30/2014All was great, with one 'small' exception. We had a large group (14), and they didn't really have room for a group that size. Really, no tables for anything more than 8. So, 10 at one table was uncomfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014This is a fantastic restaurant. The service was truly some of the best I have ever experienced, and so friendly and down to earth. The food was amazing, including the cheese board, a fantastic salad and crab appetizer. Everyone in my group loved their meal. When I was looking for the ladies room, one of the waiters even escorted me there on his arm! I was not in NOLA for long, but any time I return I will go back to this same place.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We had the best anniversary dinner, the staff was phenomenal, the food was fabulous! We will definitely be back and before our next anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emeril's Delmonico September VisitUgottaeatDined on 9/28/2014Restaurant ambiance was good, but noise level was high. Extensive wine list. Food quality and presentation was good. At end of meal, server vanished and was replaced by another. Seemed odd, but replacement was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.