1300 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-delmonico
- Phone: 5045254937x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday only, 11:30am -2:00p
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 6:00p-9:00p; Fri-Sat, 6:00p-10:00p (We are happy to extend our regular hours to accommodate your group or private event.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Anthony Scanio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Piano Player Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
A word from Emeril's Delmonico
Located on the famed St. Charles street car line in the lower Garden District, Emeril’s Delmonico has been a New Orleans tradition since 1895. Today, Chef de Cuisine Anthony Scanio continues Chef Emeril Lagasse’s signature style of “New New Orleans” cuisine, while adding influences from the diverse cultures that helped shape the Creole tradition. On the menu, it’s not uncommon to find ingredients from the Caribbean islands, such as crisp plantains, along side more classic Creole dishes to create a wholly unique dining experience. You’ll find New Orleans originals, such as oysters Bienville and fresh fish meuniere, as well as new favorites—a chorizo-stuff pork loin, dry-aged duck breast, and of course, sumptuous, dry-aged steaks. Delmonico features nightly starters, soups, entrée, and dessert specials and a seasonally changing menu based on local and regionally available meats and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Emeril's Delmonico - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Emeril's Delmonico reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)romantic (137)fit for foodies (126)notable wine list (104)neighborhood gem (62)good for groups (57)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (17)scenic view (16)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Emeri has a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service. The Jerk Lamb was excellent as was the duck breast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special birthdayjoatDined on 8/30/2014From reception to leaving an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We had the Taste of spring four course dinner. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Another great Emeril's restaurantSunRiseEagleVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was wonderful. From the appetizers to the desserts. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye was below poor. Service goodBwilkDined on 8/28/2014Ribeye was really bad for the price .way too much Sinew and fat compared to most ribeyes. I literally had to work to chew and swallow . I am a steak lover , but was very disappointed. However, my wife loved her filet. The atmosphere was quiet and upscale. The best waiting staff I have ever been around. Everyone there was awesome but unfortunately my main course was bad enough to keep me away in the future more than likely. $50 is too much to pay for a tough steak...Special Features:
- Ambiance lacking on 2nd floorweddinganniversarytripDined on 8/23/2014Booked reservation for 845 pmSaturday night after reading ad in hotel magazine. Ad stated that this was a creole restaurant with live entertainment. On arrival we were shuttled to 2nd level of restaurant which was lacking ambiance with tables close to each other and bright lights and no entertainment. Requested to be seated at dining room on ground floor as it appeared that there were at least 3 empty tables, however was denied this request with no reason provided. When waiter arrived once again requested if we could relocate to dining room on ground level, however the waiter was very rude and was not willing to even enquire on on behalf. Only after I stood up and walked towards the hostess stand did this waiter attempt to assist.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundSmitchel66Dined on 8/23/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation and were asked if we wanted to wait at the bar. The wine list was excellent with a wide variety of cocktails as well. When were seated, on time by the way, the staff was extremely trained and very good at their jobs. We had the Taste of Summer. It was a four course small taste of a variety of dishes including dessert. The meal was awesome and the service was precise and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular! What an experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was beyond belief! The experience was never to be forgotten. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMrsmebensonDined on 8/22/2014We are big Emril Legasse fans. After watching him on TV for years, we had very high expectations of his restaurant and food. We were NOT disappointed. Everything was even better than we anticipated. What an amazingly wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience & food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at! Everything we had was superb. I look forward to eating at Emeril's Delmomico each time I visit New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek getawayNolafoodieDined on 8/18/2014From the free valet parking to ultra attentive staff to the gluten free advice given to my wife to the 4 course tasting menu with wine pairing We thoroughly enjoyed our stay caption dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBRmomDined on 8/17/2014I was with a party of 7 for a birthday celebration. We ordered a wide variety of menu items, and were happy with all of our choices. The wine selection was great (Caymus 40 year anniversary cabernet - awesome!); appetizers (charcuterie was incredible...seriously, every bite was better than the last, as well as the best boudin balls I've ever tasted); entrees ranging from fish to steak to pork - all delicious. The only thing I would have skipped the whole evening was the doberge cake dessert, which was actually not like the cake you think of, but some kind of ice cream layered dessert. The bananas foster tableside was incredible. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great food, but the other patrons in t-shirts and flip flops definately took away from the fine dining experience and did not fit with the cost of the experience. Felt like we were placed in the anyone welcome, glad to have your business despite your not being dressed appropriately area which was too bad as we are locals, had dressed for a nice meal in a nice place and certainly paid for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond 5 StarsdweaverDined on 8/16/2014Staff was amazing! They were so attentive and attention detailed. Food - Well it is Emerl's restaurant. AMAZING!! My only disappointment was that we were seated in the upstairs dinning room and we could not hear the live music.Special Features:
- Food good staff greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Staff at this place is really good. I ordered the taste of summer and was a Tad disappointed, but the my wife had the bone in ribeye and it was awesome. I wish I had ordered off the regular menu and will do so next time. Our waiters were really great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014A dining experience. The head waiter Mario was excellent and the service staff was outstanding. Food was as good as expected and old New Orleans decor was an added treat. Emeril should be proud of this gem I hope he knows how good the chef and staff are.Special Features:
- LuvFoodDined on 8/13/2014We were celebrating a birthday, We had the summer special! Great food, which was full of flavor, wonderful service!Special Features:
- DelmonacoIheartfoodDined on 8/10/2014Our evening at Emerils Delmonaco was everything we expected. The food was delicious, the cocktails were perfect and the wine selection was vast. There is something for everyone, be it price or food preference. The dining area is cozy and intimate and the servers are very friendly and attentive. It was a fantastic night for us to round put our trip to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star serviceNO1sttimerDined on 8/10/2014Really enjoyed the food, from the appetizers to the dessert. Very nicely prepared. Service was superb....best we have ever had. Water glasses refilled frequently. Attention to detail made the service provided outstanding. Women's restroom was the nicest I have ever been in. This was a bucket list item for me & the only thing that could have made it better would have been to see Emeril.Special Features:
- Absolute PerfectionStacelDined on 8/9/2014Everything about Emerils was perfect. From the moment we walked in the door to the service and food. No improvement on anything. The food is unbelievable. We both loved it.Special Features:
- Great food amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My experience of dining at Delmonico was great. My husband and I decided to go there for our 5th year anniversary dinner and we were definitely not disappointed. We had the pork cheeks and iceberg and blue salad to start. Both of which was amazing, but the dirty rice bed under the crispy pork cheeks were out of this world. For entrees I got the rum and coke pork chop and my husband got the duck breast. Both were cooked perfectly. For dessert we split a cinnamon roll bread pudding with bourbon ice cream. The bourbon ice cream was no joke. It had a very strong bourbon flavor. Not for kids, but we absolutely loved it. I would definitely go to Delmonico again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delmonico DeliciouskpnolaDined on 8/5/2014We did the Taste of Summer Menu and it was absolutely delicious! We all got something different and each dish was outstanding! Fresh seafood, tender steak and perfect coordinating sides.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!nolafoodieDined on 8/5/2014Service was quick, polite, and attentive -- never missed a beat. Food was absolutely awesome, well seasoned, and well paired--gazpacho was especially memorable because there was not a drop left on any plate. There were 4 in our party and all would definitely dine there again. Reservations are necessary for availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Went to Delmonico with some business associates. We had a charming waiter who we enjoyed until late in the meal when (after hearing that we had customers that enjoyed bourbon) brought out to one of them a bottle and said that he should give it a try. The two bourbon fans (again, our customers) asked me and I said, "sure!" Only after they had finished the two shots were we told that each shot was $135. It was obviously a case of a server (potentially with the blessing of the ownership), taking advantage of a table's situation. I will never go back.
- Fantastic !!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014Six of us for dinner, good wine and great food, we all were very pleased.
- Great Food, Fantastic ServiceSkilletVIPDined on 8/3/2014The service was impeccable, probably the best I've ever experienced anywhere. The food was very good although Emeril's New York strip steak and mac & cheese still don't beat Jeff Ruby's in Cincinnati. Overall though, it was a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- What a treat...MomsniteoutDined on 8/3/2014Although this restaurant has been around for some time, they are still out to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentScottyJDined on 8/2/2014Food was outstanding. I had the bone-in ribeye and my companion had the jerk spiced lamb. Apps were excellent (boudin balls w/ pepper jelly and the stuffed flat bread. Having eaten at NOLA in the French Quarter we were looking forward to another outstanding dinner experience. We were not disappointed. Food was delicious and the atmosphere was quite upscale. I prefer NOLA to Delmonico the atmosphere is more vibrant and the wait staff was better at NOLA. For a romantic dinner I would definitely recommend Delmonico but for a more New Orleans experience in the quarter I would go to NOLA. Both are Emeril restaurants and both good I just preferred the atmosphere of NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple of misstepsBreifneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Very good overall -- some outstanding dishes and typically attentive service. But...the hanger steak on the tasting menu couldn't have been more than 3 oz. of meat, and was fairly gristly. In retrospect, we should have sent it back. The server said the shrimp would come with heads removed, but they didn't. And they were served on a tiny plate that was overflowing onto the tablecloth. Loooong wait between third course and dessert, which has happened before at Nola. Very good overall, but...Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were sat at the Chefs table. The staff was super friendly and were constantly attentive to our needs. It was a perfect night and we felt like special guest. The food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable experience....OscarDined on 8/1/2014I went for lunch Friday and enjoy the waiter recommendation the special 3 courses lunch , the Gumbo delicious. .. the fish Pan seared Hammer jack out of this world. .the vanilla cheesecake and chocolate chip with vanilla milk simply perfect.....very nice service !!! They made you feel real V.I.P....unforgettable experience. .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible!!vipr1971Dined on 7/26/2014Not only did they not have our reservation but they started us through the backside of the kitchen underneath a leaky roof. The wait staff was extremely rude and one of the waiters nearly burned my husband while making Bananas Foster for another group and did not apologize. We ended up getting a full refund from the establishment. Went there for a romantic evening left frustrated, annoyed, and will not be back!
- AMAZINGfoodispassionDined on 7/24/2014I want to thank the staff at Emeril's because they were fantastic. We had about three different waiters waiting on us. Our water glass was always filled and they paid attention to our every need. We were upstairs at around 6 p.m. on Thursday 7/24/14 and I can't remember the three waiters names but they were great and really made us feel welcomed in New Orleans. They went above and beyond for my friend and I, even suggesting some other local events we should check out. The food was FANTASTIC. I had he creole chicken with collard greens, macaroni and cheese, and yam. And I cant forget about that AMAZING chocolate ice cream cake. Overall, anytime I come to New Orleans I will always come back! THANK YOU!Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I had the most awesome dining experience! I was really looking forward to eating at Emerils and it held up to all my expectations! I was very pleased with everything. The service was awesome and I was very impressed! The food was amazing and I will definitely recommend all my friends and family when visiting the area! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWorktofishDined on 7/22/2014While the food was excellent, this is a rarity among the dying breed of white tablecloth, fine dining establishment. Extremely attentive service in an authentic and beautiful New Orleans mansion.Special Features:
- Great Dinner in NOLAWagrosDined on 7/21/2014We had a 6:15 reservation in order to beat the later crowds. At this time the restaurant was nearly empty and quite. The wait staff was very professional and friendly but the food of course was the highlight. The meal was outstanding and we were not at all rushed. Definitely lived up to New Orleans restaurant standards!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelmonicoConstanceDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I where seated promptly once arriving for our reservation. The hostess was pleasant and welcoming. The wait staff was proffesional, onformative , and prompt. The timing between courses was exceptional and we did not feel rushed. The food was exceptional and I would highly recommend the in house aged sirloin strip. The only negative is that we where seated between two rooms in what appeared to be a door opening and at times we felt in the way. One less table in the dining room and we would have gladly given our experience five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealluv2eatDined on 7/16/2014Emeril's Delmonico restaurant was a fantastic experience. Excellent service, great food and beverages! The steaks were fabulous, the best I have ever had. The chorizo and corn soup was superb. Definitely will return to Delmonico the next time we are in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!!JustSuzyopinionDined on 7/12/2014We have made a trip to Emeril's on our "must do" list several times a year for 3 years now. This is a dining experience. The food and service are impeccable. On this particular trip it was a bit loud, which we have not run into in the past, but still a very positive dinner. I love that they take reservations online and follow up with a call.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorCalifforniaDined on 7/12/2014an outstanding experience. Outstanding ambience, with a live pianist. Outstanding service Romantic settingSpecial Features: