1300 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-delmonico
- Phone: 5045254937x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday only, 11:30am -2:00p
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 6:00p-9:00p; Fri-Sat, 6:00p-10:00p (We are happy to extend our regular hours to accommodate your group or private event.)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Anthony Scanio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Piano Player Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
A word from Emeril's Delmonico
Located on the famed St. Charles street car line in the lower Garden District, Emeril’s Delmonico has been a New Orleans tradition since 1895. Today, Chef de Cuisine Anthony Scanio continues Chef Emeril Lagasse’s signature style of “New New Orleans” cuisine, while adding influences from the diverse cultures that helped shape the Creole tradition. On the menu, it’s not uncommon to find ingredients from the Caribbean islands, such as crisp plantains, along side more classic Creole dishes to create a wholly unique dining experience. You’ll find New Orleans originals, such as oysters Bienville and fresh fish meuniere, as well as new favorites—a chorizo-stuff pork loin, dry-aged duck breast, and of course, sumptuous, dry-aged steaks. Delmonico features nightly starters, soups, entrée, and dessert specials and a seasonally changing menu based on local and regionally available meats and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Emeril's Delmonico - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Emeril's Delmonico reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (191)romantic (140)fit for foodies (122)notable wine list (102)neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (50)scenic view (17)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DelmonicoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Impeccable service. I will be dreaming about the crab remick until I have it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014The service was exceptional, a little over the top. Ordered the bone in ribeye, and frankly, for the amount it cost, it was not very good. Had gristle running through the middle and was a little tough. Disappointing as I was really looking forward to a great meal!
- Not great if seated in the back.KlamoramaDined on 9/13/2014We had heard from a foodie couple that this place was on their top five of all time. Not so for us!!! They seated us at the back of the restaurant in what felt like a hall way. Service was brusque and somewhat rude, and food was less than spectacular. We will not go back for these prices.
- Great food, watch out for seatingmwsnolaDined on 9/13/2014The food was great and the service was impeccable. But my one complaint is where we sat in the restaurant. Apparently if you book reservations online, they put you in the back part of the building through the kitchen into what seems like a new addition to the space. While it is quieter, it is also away from the more vibrant scene in the front of the house (music, bar scene, street viewing). The ambiance is much worse in the back of house than in the front.Special Features:
- West Coast TravelerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014This place is one you shouldn't miss when traveling to New Orleans. Right on Saint Charles Ave and very close to the French Quarter and downtown.Special Features:
- Amazing foodE4scottDined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely amazing. The menu items were excellent and the service was better than I have experienced anywhere else! Great experience and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's fairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014It was a very nice experience dining at Emeril's Delmonico. The ambiance was nice and romantic. The food was just ok, I was disappointed because I've dined at Emeril's in Miami before and the good was delicious, not like in New Orleans, very plain and tasteless. I hope it was just a bad day, hopefully it will be better for you, come here on special occasion. It's nice and romantic. He service was superb though. Very pricey...warning:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next level feastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Went here for my birthday with a group of 8 friends. Had a late dinner due to late arrivals to our group. We were truthfully treated like family. Service was amazing with no issues somehow with a three hour dinner that we chose to partake in, it was a rare gem for someone who eats out daily. Amazing dry aged ribeye andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visitheartofdixielandDined on 9/12/2014We were fortunate to go during Restaurant week and try one of the 3 course specials. The flavors were fresh and very enjoyable and the portion sizes were very adequate. It was a wonderful meal with attentive waiters and a great atmosphere. Not too formal or stuffy just elegant and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceBobRDined on 9/12/2014The food was superb and the service was excellent, very little to improve upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceJaneDined on 9/11/2014Tried Emeril's Delmonico for the first time, I must say that the staff was very friendly. Catered to our every need, was kind of slacking in some points but their friendliness made up for it. Their suggestions were also very helpful when asked about the wine list/ cocktail list and food suggestions. I would definitely recommend this for people who want to enjoy some good food and a pretty moderately quiet setting.Special Features:
- This place has deterioratedJimlikesfoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014Food was mediocre . Service slow and they mixed up our order. I had been there a few years ago and loved it. I would never return.
- Tourist TrapStexDined on 9/10/2014Emerils cannot keep relying on his good name any more The food was medicate at best. Gooey gumbo, bland quail, and gulf fish that was over spiced. Every time I took a sip of water , the water boy rushed over and topped it off. It was ridiculous ! Lense us alone to enjoy dinner. Out waiter could hardly pronounce thr specials and sounded like he memorized it. We live in NOLA and I have not fined in one if his restaurants but decided to try it during restaurant week. Lathe groups of loud tourists did not help. My advice is go smaller and local.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014service was rushed, appetizer was just palatable, entree flavorless,desert one bite and left it,and warm instant coffee in what was once a great reataurant???
- Absolutely fabulousPierreDined on 9/8/2014Gets a 5 star ratings. The food was off the charts and so was the service. The bone in Ribeye cooked RARE was absolutely perfect. Well done. Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that food comes to the table to all people AT THE SAME TIME. There's a differentiator.Special Features:
- A bit disappointed.JoSuTaDined on 9/7/2014We visit New Orleans often and have had meals at Emeril's, Nola, and Delmonico. Emeril's has been excellent, we have enjoyed many dinners at Nola, and loved out first visit to Delmonico. Unfortunately, our last visit was something of a disappointment. There was nothing "wrong" with the meal, but we both felt it was rather ordinary and not up to the standards we've come to expect.
- Been years since we have eaten hereLouisianaFood1Dined on 9/6/2014It did not disappoint. Just as good as I remembered (if not better) and the service is outstanding. I had a steak and my husband had a fish special. Both were outstanding. Don't miss out on the brussel sprouts and banana cream dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!BonTempsDined on 9/6/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. As soon as we walked through the door, all throughout dinner, it was just amazing - the service, the atmosphere, the food. All of it. Amazing. I'd definitely recommend Delmonico's and have! The interior is attractively neutral, calm; the ambience is romantic, but it's a great spot for non-dates, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon Dinner at DelmonicoTlove311Dined on 9/6/2014I chose to dine at Delmonico while honeymooning in New Orleans and we were overwhelmed by our experience. Upon walking in, every server nearby greeted us. We were quickly seated at our private booth and immediately greeted by 4 servers who took care of us like royalty. The food and service was impeccable! If you're looking for a place to experience what customer service is all about while eating some of the best food in the city, do yourself a favor and dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MarcyDined on 9/6/2014We were 3 couples celebrating milestone birthdays and anniversaries and visiting New Orleans for the first time. We wanted to visit one of Emeril's restaurants and chose Delmonico. We took the short cable car ride from our hotel and weren't disappointed. We all ordered different appetizers, dinners and desserts and everyone loved it. No complaints at all. Staff was courteous and helpful. Ambiance was great. Since it was a Saturday night, there was soft music which we could hear in the downstairs dining room. All in all a very nice dining experience. The only thing that would have made it better was if Emeril himself had shown up as we heard he was in town and had been there a few nights recently. Oh well, next time.Special Features:
- Best steak I've hadBreezyDined on 9/5/2014I've had my share of good steaks and this bone in rib eye with 3 different sauces blew them out of the water. Great service. Delicious food. Only reason ambience got 4 stars instead of 5 is because the tables are very close. We were downstairs and got to listen to a great piano player play and sing. Pork entree was very tasty and the red snapper special was good as well. Really enjoyed this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- house winenohousewineDined on 9/4/2014No house wine? Suggest they take a brand name to use as house wine or offer a sample to make it a personal house wine for the specific customer. Suggest Emeril greet more tables and hire more chefs so he can; and less waiters (unless they were training last Thursday). Restaurant competition is tough even if your famous, espec in NOLA. Manning's Cobb salad was fantastic, check it out. Harrah's was excellent. Both were about $20 each without the "actually we don't have a house wine". We'll see what Vegas and Savannah have to offer.Special Features:
- PerfectionLoveatfirstbiteDined on 9/3/2014From the minute we walked in the front door, we were treated "royally". In addition, the food was perfect, the ambiance sang. Thank you, Emeril and gang, for making our New Orleans trip!Special Features:
- Emeri has a winnergatorDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service. The Jerk Lamb was excellent as was the duck breast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special birthdayjoatDined on 8/30/2014From reception to leaving an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodNOLALoveDined on 8/30/2014We had the Taste of spring four course dinner. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Another great Emeril's restaurantSunRiseEagleVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was wonderful. From the appetizers to the desserts. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye was below poor. Service goodBwilkDined on 8/28/2014Ribeye was really bad for the price .way too much Sinew and fat compared to most ribeyes. I literally had to work to chew and swallow . I am a steak lover , but was very disappointed. However, my wife loved her filet. The atmosphere was quiet and upscale. The best waiting staff I have ever been around. Everyone there was awesome but unfortunately my main course was bad enough to keep me away in the future more than likely. $50 is too much to pay for a tough steak...Special Features:
- Highlight of our New Orleans tripOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014Impeccable. Food, service, the whole experience. My beau and I eat out a lot and have done so in lots of big cities. We agreed our dinner may have been the best we have ever had. Go Emeril and your awesome staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance lacking on 2nd floorweddinganniversarytripDined on 8/23/2014Booked reservation for 845 pmSaturday night after reading ad in hotel magazine. Ad stated that this was a creole restaurant with live entertainment. On arrival we were shuttled to 2nd level of restaurant which was lacking ambiance with tables close to each other and bright lights and no entertainment. Requested to be seated at dining room on ground floor as it appeared that there were at least 3 empty tables, however was denied this request with no reason provided. When waiter arrived once again requested if we could relocate to dining room on ground level, however the waiter was very rude and was not willing to even enquire on on behalf. Only after I stood up and walked towards the hostess stand did this waiter attempt to assist.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundSmitchel66Dined on 8/23/2014We arrived a little early for our reservation and were asked if we wanted to wait at the bar. The wine list was excellent with a wide variety of cocktails as well. When were seated, on time by the way, the staff was extremely trained and very good at their jobs. We had the Taste of Summer. It was a four course small taste of a variety of dishes including dessert. The meal was awesome and the service was precise and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular! What an experience.sabrinahlDined on 8/23/2014The food was beyond belief! The experience was never to be forgotten. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMrsmebensonDined on 8/22/2014We are big Emril Legasse fans. After watching him on TV for years, we had very high expectations of his restaurant and food. We were NOT disappointed. Everything was even better than we anticipated. What an amazingly wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience & food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Hands down one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at! Everything we had was superb. I look forward to eating at Emeril's Delmomico each time I visit New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midweek getawayNolafoodieDined on 8/18/2014From the free valet parking to ultra attentive staff to the gluten free advice given to my wife to the 4 course tasting menu with wine pairing We thoroughly enjoyed our stay caption dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBRmomDined on 8/17/2014I was with a party of 7 for a birthday celebration. We ordered a wide variety of menu items, and were happy with all of our choices. The wine selection was great (Caymus 40 year anniversary cabernet - awesome!); appetizers (charcuterie was incredible...seriously, every bite was better than the last, as well as the best boudin balls I've ever tasted); entrees ranging from fish to steak to pork - all delicious. The only thing I would have skipped the whole evening was the doberge cake dessert, which was actually not like the cake you think of, but some kind of ice cream layered dessert. The bananas foster tableside was incredible. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Great food, but the other patrons in t-shirts and flip flops definately took away from the fine dining experience and did not fit with the cost of the experience. Felt like we were placed in the anyone welcome, glad to have your business despite your not being dressed appropriately area which was too bad as we are locals, had dressed for a nice meal in a nice place and certainly paid for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond 5 StarsdweaverDined on 8/16/2014Staff was amazing! They were so attentive and attention detailed. Food - Well it is Emerl's restaurant. AMAZING!! My only disappointment was that we were seated in the upstairs dinning room and we could not hear the live music.Special Features:
- Food good staff greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Staff at this place is really good. I ordered the taste of summer and was a Tad disappointed, but the my wife had the bone in ribeye and it was awesome. I wish I had ordered off the regular menu and will do so next time. Our waiters were really great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014A dining experience. The head waiter Mario was excellent and the service staff was outstanding. Food was as good as expected and old New Orleans decor was an added treat. Emeril should be proud of this gem I hope he knows how good the chef and staff are.Special Features: