Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
77 Sands Blvd.
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pasands.com/dining.html
- Phone: 4847777777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian that is 25 years of age or older while they are dining. All minors will also be escorted to and from Emeril's Chop House by Sands Security. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stacy Calles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril's Chop House can customize your private event with exquisite food, wine & service for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lonigro (484)7777534 x
- Cross Street: East Third Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: An on-site parking garage is available for all diners to utilize for free.
Valet parking is also available at Sands Bethlehem for a fee. Please visit the porte-cochère located at the main entrance near the water feature.
A word from Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
In the casual and comfortable setting of Emeril's Chop House, the warm design evokes the timeless craftsmanship of American industry– bronze metal ribboned screens outline the entrance, earth tone colors of leather & beige mohair furnishings contrast with the restaurant’s transparent reflective surfaces & circular crystal pendant light fixtures. The chef’s food bar has a leather panel front & hand finished white-washed oak millwork, & overlooks the open-action kitchen. Two curved wine cellars with polished steel wine racks separate the private dining areas from the rest of the space, & are encircled with a splash of red on the custom carpets. The restaurant’s combination of craftsmanship & elegance is perfectly reflected in the original artwork by local artist Michael Kessler, who achieves his effect with layer upon layer of acrylic paint on wood panel & relies on natural gesture to create his organic forms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)notable wine list (107)fit for foodies (104)romantic (85)good for groups (43)hot spot (30)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Weekend AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I never get away (we have two small boys) but we got away for the night and traveled to the Sands for the first time. Our first stop was Emerils Chop House. The food was very good. We had a little of everything, Filet, Seafood Pasta, Calamari, Truffle Butter, Truffle Chips and BBQ Shrimp. Everything was priced right and I would definitely come back. The only two minor hiccups were.... Calamari were cooked great but the sauce tasted a little like bbq sauce. The service was not really notable. Not really friendly or not friendly, not the most attentive, the only time they were on top of it was when we were payingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent as always! Food was delicious and service was impeccable. This is one on my favorite places.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014First time at chop house. The food was outstanding from the apps to the desert. The waitress was great could have not been nicer. It was just a great time for are family. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emerils Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014the steak was great. and the wine list was large. Overall great place.Special Features:
- One of Best Steakhouse ExperiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was one of the best steakhouse experiences my partner and I have ever had. Food outstanding, Service outstanding. I can't say enough about what an enjoyable experience it was! Did not disappoint at all and actually surpassed very lofty expectations!Special Features:
- Amazing Steak!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decide at the last minute to head to Sands for some shopping, gambling and a nice dinner. The restaurant is very pretty inside and we were seated away from the gambling floor so it was quiet and very relaxing. WE each ordered the filet mignon. We shared a baked potato which was loaded with cheese, bacon and sour cream! The potato was MORE than enough to share. The steak melted in your mouth! You could almost cut it with your fork. The sauces they served on the side were fabulous as well. I had ordered a Caesar Salad that was delicious but way too big for one person. We enjoyed the dinner, our server was great! Highly suggest you try Emeril's Chophouse!Special Features:
- Nice!BBrunoDined on 8/29/2014My wife is still talking about it! The specials were incredible! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was great and the service was right on the money. It was my birthday and they presented me with a desert topped with a candle. I had the cowboy steak and it was perfectly cooked. My wife had the lamb chops and was very pleased. The wait staff was friendly and helpful throughout the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MwalshMwalshDined on 8/29/2014Second time even better than the first time. Comos on the money well worth the price Scallops were cooked just rightSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food But Kitchen Was SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service was great. Long wait for dinner to be served. 8pm reservation but food not out until 10pm on what appeared to be a slow Wednesday in the restaurant. Been here several times and never had an issue and will go back but management needs to make sure orders are delivered more timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTennisboyDined on 8/26/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at the Chophouse. I had the t-bone steak which delicious and cooked to the perfect temperature which I ordered. however the roasted garlic cauliflower could been better. I felt it was a bit on the dry side and needed sauce, perhaps A hollandaise. the bread served with the meal was very good. the service was also very good, friendly waitresses. as a side note the background noise from the slot machines was a little distracting from The dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service for the Price ...NoanieDined on 8/24/2014The food was very good (although Ruth's Chris is still our 'best pick' for steak) but for the price tag the service was truly abysmal. After seating we were promised a bread basket. Time passes. Eventually a waitress arrives to take our dinner orders. I mentioned that no one had taken our drink order as yet. She did that and at the same time took our dinner order. Time passes. I see our drinks on the bar waiting to be picked up. Time passes. My started salad arrives ... before my drink. Finally the waitress sees the drinks sitting on the bar and they arrive. Bread basket wandered to our table some time after all that. For $150 including tip, I expect service and food to come in the correct order. Think twice.
- Not GoodMarieDined on 8/23/2014The purpose of the visit to this restaurant was to celebrate a birthday. We are a group of over fifty plus women who enjoy good socializing. The service was terrible we waited over an hour for the food. The waitress never came to check in on us. The manager did take the price of five steaks off the bill. It was not about the price. It was about the staff not providing the service promised. The reservations was last weekend in the sand Casino.
- Best steak aroundYumyumDined on 8/23/2014It is the best steak in the U.S. that I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Surf and TurfLilredDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. I had eaten previously at Emeril's Italian Kitchen but wasn't sure what to expect here. The wine list is notable and the servers are very knowledgeable. The calamari was very good. It was in a spicey tomato sauce with peppers. The sauce is in the bottom of the bowl so mix it up before you eat it. We both had Caesar salads which were more like a lunch-size for me and very very good. Sharp parm strip on top was a nice touch and ground pepper was offered. I had the Touranados of Beef and Scallops which was prepared perfectly. My husband had the filet and lobster. While the lobster type was not his favorite, it was prepared correctly, just the stringy type not the solid white meat type.Special Features:
- badude01Dined on 8/23/2014Perfect! Perfect service. Perfect food! Desert with peaches and peanut butter worth the caloriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014I had read several reviews before going. Now I am surprised that not many mention the noise level in this restaurant. They might as well have put the tables right on the casino floor. “DING DING DING DING WHEEL… OF… FORTUNE!!!!!” The food and service was OK, not great at these prices. The 18 0z $48 strip was ordered rare and came out medium but we kept it because the quality was good enough to bear overcooking. My biggest complaint was the side of “white truffle chips” with parmesan. I asked before ordering how they were prepared. I was told they are like potato chips, shaved thin, fried and seasoned with cheese. Now, I know that truffles are expensive and I did not expect a large portion for $14 but I did not expect potato chips.Special Features:
- NjoygdDined on 8/19/2014Exceeded our expectations on all levels important to us. Our food was so good - everything well prepared and very flavorful. Service was great - team was friendly and professional. Very unpretentious. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGreatDined on 8/19/2014If Gordon Ramsey had a chance to review Emeril's Chop House, he would likely pan the place, the good and its service and need to redo the place and all that comprises it, just like he dies on tv. One special: Not only is the french onion soup the worst I have ever had, it is downright dangerous. It is served in cast iron bowls. Ridiculous! Both my wife and I had burnt hands as a result.
- Blackbear55Dined on 8/17/2014My mon and I had a great time we love the relaxed feel of the place. The food was great and the service was excellent. Can't wait to go back and try more dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants, Shula's being the other. The food is superb and the seating area is not congested.Special Features:
- great experiencegkep27Dined on 8/16/2014The wine list is extensive. Appetizer and steaks were amazing. The atmosphere great for a romantic date. The service was just the right amount of attentive. The only thing wrong was the cauliflower side dish was under cooked and over powered with nutmeg and the fingerling potatoes were not as delicious as the menu description would have you believe, but who really goes there for the sides? Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for an anniversaryCynsaeDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating the 2nd anniversary of our first date. We were 15 minutes late being that we were not familiar with the area. We didn't have to wait long to be seated and our servers waited on us well. As soon as we sat down, they told us happy anniversary. The ambience was great, we felt a little overdressed...lol. The food was great, I had filet mignon and my boyfriend had rack of lamb. At the end we were surprised with a plate with 4 godiva chocolates with fruit and "happy anniversary" written in chocolate and a candle. What a way to end a great date. We will be coming back, such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjmhmDined on 8/16/2014we went here to celebrate our one year anniversary. the staff was very wonderful and congratulated us. the appetizer and drinks were excellent. my meal was perfect, my husband's filet was definitely rushed (little too cripsy on the outisde and red on the inside). but over all, we'd recommend the place!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Terrific food, lovely atmosphere. We were seated in a quiet corner, which was appreciated. A place to go for a special occasion! Would love to return.Special Features:
- your wallet will hate youBillios996Dined on 8/16/2014The steaks are great and seared perfectly. Prime cuts are super tender and flavorful, didn't try any dry aged cuts. This is not a cheap dining experience. Be prepared for ~$150/couple with an app, a shared side, and a couple drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlanDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, wonderful environment, great wait staff. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- MwalshMwalshDined on 8/15/2014Rib eye was delish, cooked just right, well seasoned. Rack lamb very good. Great service good drinks. Very good bread tastes of more. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!3LavsDined on 8/14/2014The service was phenomenal! All of the employees have a great personality and truly seem to enjoy where they work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!afamilyaffairx6Dined on 8/12/2014The family was celebrating several events and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Emeril's. The wait staff that took care of us were just wonderful and had a terrific sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleUnhappy0Dined on 8/12/2014The food was absolutely terrible. No flavor what so ever. I've dined at many restaurants in my lifetime and I certainly would not recommend Emeril's Chophouse to anyone. Emeril's cooks need to out more "BAM" into their food!
- ScottDined on 8/12/2014Sensational experience in every possible way, but, most off all, as measured by how we were treated by our wait staff and by the GM. I would highly recommend as a destination for a top 5 meal of the year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayDined on 8/11/2014The food, service and ambience was excellent. Our waiter was charming and made us feel at home. Would return without hesitation.Special Features:
- Ok food, overpriced, pay for nameCujo16Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I ate here for a nice evening out away from the kids. The ambience is very nice and the service was top notch. The prices are pretty high, but everything is extra. Salad... extra, sides...extra. The wines are ridiculously expensive. We bought a half bottle of the cheapest wine for $25. They say you get 2.5 glasses out of it... no. You get 1 each. The salads ($9 a piece) were quite large but not very flavorful. The side dishes are made to split. They were good but again at $9 a piece. The filet was good, but not over the top. When you pay $38 for just the filet you would hope for the best. It's a nice restaurant, but you easily spend $100. Save yourself some $ and go to Outback where you can get more for less.Special Features:
- Great place for food and drinksWinnersDined on 8/10/2014Waitress service was excellent as was the menu. The wine list was terrific. Overall a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcelentRickDined on 8/10/2014I have read a few poor reviews on here about Emerils Chop House. I can't believe they dined at the same place. We have, every time, enjoyed our meals there. Never touch the salt and pepper shakers, the flavors of the food stand by themselves. Another fine meal at Emerils!Special Features:
- Out of winegrafton05146Dined on 8/9/2014Out of first wine selection. Common Pinot Noir and under $100, forced us into the higher dollar section, would have expected consideration. Service was suspect, staff wasn't on the same page. Had to ask for an ordered side dish, one server was getting us water the other asking us if we wanted coffee.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was outstanding, as was the services. All of the wait staff was extremely attentive. I wouls HIGHLY recommend this place!Special Features:
- $$$ Very good!!!spiceladyNJ78Dined on 8/7/2014This was my first visit to Emeril's Chop House.The service was very good.The waiter and waitress was very friendly and the food was very tasty and filling. I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends. Love it!Will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!!!Medic673Dined on 8/7/2014Great food!! My wife and I were there for our 10 th anniversary. Everything was awesome!! We can't wait to come back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.