Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
77 Sands Blvd.
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pasands.com/dining.html
- Phone: 4847777777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian that is 25 years of age or older while they are dining. All minors will also be escorted to and from Emeril's Chop House by Sands Security. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stacy Calles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril's Chop House can customize your private event with exquisite food, wine & service for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lonigro (484)7777534 x
- Cross Street: East Third Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: An on-site parking garage is available for all diners to utilize for free.
Valet parking is also available at Sands Bethlehem for a fee. Please visit the porte-cochère located at the main entrance near the water feature.
A word from Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
In the casual and comfortable setting of Emeril's Chop House, the warm design evokes the timeless craftsmanship of American industry– bronze metal ribboned screens outline the entrance, earth tone colors of leather & beige mohair furnishings contrast with the restaurant’s transparent reflective surfaces & circular crystal pendant light fixtures. The chef’s food bar has a leather panel front & hand finished white-washed oak millwork, & overlooks the open-action kitchen. Two curved wine cellars with polished steel wine racks separate the private dining areas from the rest of the space, & are encircled with a splash of red on the custom carpets. The restaurant’s combination of craftsmanship & elegance is perfectly reflected in the original artwork by local artist Michael Kessler, who achieves his effect with layer upon layer of acrylic paint on wood panel & relies on natural gesture to create his organic forms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)notable wine list (100)romantic (91)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (43)hot spot (31)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- great steaks!ThorDined on 7/25/2014Third time here and they keep getting better and better. I had a ribeye and its the best I ever had. Good service, felt like a King!Special Features:
- CGMan60CGMan60Dined on 7/24/2014I brought my 2 brothers with me for a nice steak dinner. The appetizers of calamari and beef tips in risotto were wonderful. The filet mignon and NY strip steaks were cooked to perfection and almost melted in your mouth. The sides of mushrooms with onions, baked cauliflower and the very large baked potato were very tasty. The waiter and waitress were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great... butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014After having a BAD dining experience on Thanksgiving at Emeril's Chophouse (for the second time), and after notifying the manager about my sub-par food, and received unsatisfactory apology, we have not gone to Emeril's Chop House in a LONG time. The Italian table- never a problem ever! This time, food was GOOD, but my lobster & duck confit- well over-cooked). Salads & sides were scrumptious. Wait staff Kaenya (spelling), and Dana were top-notch! Unfinished pork tenderloin & cauliflower were bagged w/o pork tenderloin! Ouch! For a $ 150 bill (incl 20% tip, I expected perfection; was slightly disappointed again, but it was better than Thanksgiving which was bad!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014I have been here many times and never had a bad or disappointing meal. We had reservations for 6 and two of the people were running late and couldn't make it. I am so glad, I always told them how good The Chop house food is. THis was the absolute worst meal I have ever had from there. I have had better steaks from the Golden Corral then the one they gave me. I will not be running to go back, especially because the staff had the I don't care attitude.
- Best night everMoCrawfordDined on 7/19/2014I placed a reservation noting that, if possible, I would like to be sat in a quiet area. I made the request because my boyfriend had been serving overseas for the past four months and this was our first day face to face and I was hoping for an intimate setting to reconnect. The staff, especially our servers Danny and Duran, went above and beyond the entire night to ensure we had an amazing reunion. My boyfriend was speechless at the kindness and generosity he was met with. He said he had never been welcomed home with such love before. It warmed my heart to see the kindness of complete strangers. I will never be able to express how much that night meant to both of us. All I can say is thank you! -Also, the food was amazing!Special Features:
- jerseygirlDined on 7/19/2014the servers were very attentive and recommended a nice wine to compliment our meals. Food was excellent, exceeded our expectations. Good value for the prices, portion sizes were large enough for leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Always amazing food, locally sourced items abound on the menu with the dishes superbly executed as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- filet mignonskookdiner47Dined on 7/19/2014filet was tender and cooked perfectly. mushrooms & onions were delicious.Special Features:
- attoniDined on 7/18/2014Another wonderful delicious dinner at Emerils Chop House. The wedge salad is the best and also we tried the onion soup which was also very good. The filet mignon melted in your mouth. My husband and I shared the mashed potatoes as it was a lot. We didn't even finish it. The wait staff is superb! So attentive! Will be back again.Special Features:
- Tasty but a little heavybrody99Dined on 7/18/2014Everything we got was tasty, my husband loved the calamari. I got the fried oysters which were in a very heavy sauce. It filled me up for the rest of my dinner. I got the Petit Filet which was cooked to perfection (rare) and was tasty but I was still full from the the oysters and couldn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. My husband loved the lobster, shrimp, crab pasta. Overall it was wonderful food and was my fault for not getting oysters on the half which would have been lighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yankee7Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, ambviance and wait staff... Great choice before the John Fogerty showSpecial Features:
- Emeril's Chophouse @ Sand's CasinoNorbDined on 7/18/2014We had a fantastic 1st time dining experience at Emeril's Chophouse coupled with last night at the Italian Table. We highly recommend the meat & cheese board. Our service was superb. We appreciated the special dessert for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!neednightoutDined on 7/17/2014Celebrated our 10th anniversary here with dinner and drinks. Service was exemplary from start to finish. Food was excellent. Started out with fried oysters; steaks for dinner w/ curried cauliflower and fingerling potatoes as sides - excellent choices! We were too full for dessert, but they brought out cute little cannoli cream-filled ice sugar cones dipped in chocolate to celebrate our anniversary. Special dinner for a special occasion! Only down-side I would say is the noise from the slot machines, but you're in a casino so it's par for the course. Would recommend for a special/memorable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Bad HereJohnnybmsDined on 7/17/2014Had a great experience, the food was excellent. My wife and I had the beef tip risoto and it was excellent. I had a filet mignon which was like butter and she had a special that was excellent. The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Meet PeopleBarb12Dined on 7/15/2014We love all Emeril's restaurants. We especially enjoy sitting at the bar at the Chop House because you meet so many interesting people and have such a good time and we enjoy sharing different items with each other, so we usually get a couple of apps and then split an entrée. The drinks are generous and always perfect. I would recommend Emeril's Chop House any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agree with othersSkyPADined on 7/14/2014It is unfortunate that this is an Emeril's brand. I have not been to Las Vegas but I have eaten at the Universal Studios location. That one contained an upstairs that the made the price fit the service and food. Compared with the Chicago Chop House, this was not close. Far to noisy for the price. There are several steak houses and fine restaurants in Casinos but this is not one of them. It is just too substandard of a location to be worthy of the Emeril's brand.
- Don315Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent place to dine for special occasions. It was my daughter's birthday and the service and the meal was outstanding. Definitely a place to add to my must return to list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly excellentJeffVIPDined on 7/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised to have an absolutely excellent meal in Bethlehem PA! We travel the world (Geneva, Hong Kong, Singapore) and eat at top restaurants. This food compared with the quality at the best hotels and restaurants. Like I said, very surprising.
- beanbottomDined on 7/8/2014Our meal was excellent, actually moaned while eating. A little on the pricey side but the best steaks we've had in some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillsreviewDined on 7/7/2014The food and service was excellent!! Danny and Duran took care of our table, they were both great.Special Features:
- DeliciouscsrrfoodiesDined on 7/7/2014We went for my husband's birthday and we both ordered the filet. It was delicious and the sides that we ordered were all very good as well. We plan on coming back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS PERFECTCUTIEFOODIEDined on 7/5/2014I LOVE THIS PLACE. EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE DINED HERE WITH MY BOYFRIEND , OR EVEN MOM WE RECIEVE NOTHING BUT AMAZING SERVICE. THE FOOD IS ALWAYS AMAZING MOST IMPORTANTLY. ITS NOT ONE OF THOSE PLACES WHERE DEPENDING ON THE DAY YOU GO THE FOOD IS A HIT OR MISS. I HAVE DINED HERE OVER 15X AND ALL 15X ITS BEEN EXCFELLENT.THE BEST STEAK I HAVE EVER HAD. THEY GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO MAKE YOU FEEL SPECIAL AND MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME. IF I COULD CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PLACE IT WOULD BE NOTHING BECAUSE ITS LITEREALLY PERFECT. LOL. EVEN THOUGH SOME OF THE TABLES ARE CLOSE TO EACHOTHER AND OTHER PARTYS MAY BE SITTING CLOSE TO YOU, YOU CANNOT HEAR THE CONVOS AND THE NOISE LEVEL IS VERY COMFORTABLE. THANKS EVERYONE XOXOXOXOSpecial Features:
- Tried AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/20142 out 3 steaks cooked perfectly. 1 steak was ordered medium rare came out medium well. Oh well try and try again. Apps were sub par - Fried Calamari sitting in sauce & Tuna tartar fresh but totally bland. They need to pick up their game.
- WonderfulJRM32Dined on 7/5/2014I must say from start to finish, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the amount of food given! It was delicious!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Both food and service were outstanding. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A steakhousekellyambDined on 7/4/2014This is mostly a steakhouse. Food is good and service is great. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014I had the best veal ever, I was going to order the Veal chop but they had a special Veal steak that was out of this world. tender meat, well season, the potatoes and asparagus cooked to perfection. I couldn't have enough. The service was spectacular.Special Features:
- ehhhcoolbeansDined on 6/29/2014Food was fantastic. Atmosphere was sub par. Not the cozy, high end steakhouse I was hoping for.Special Features:
- attoniDined on 6/29/2014DINNER WAS EXCELLENT. I HAVE HAD MANY FILET MIGNON'S IN MY TIME. THIS ONE WAS PERFECT! IT WAS SO SOFT AND TENDER, I WAS ABLE TO CUT IT WITH A BUTTER KNIFE. THE BEST I EVER HAD AND I'VE HAD THEM AT MORTONS, RUTH'S CRIST. SALADS ARE PERFECT, ESPECIALLY THE SALAD WEDGE. GREAT PLACE FOR DINNER WHILE STAYING AT THE SANDS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKraftyjaDined on 6/26/2014This was my 5th time at Emeril's and the food quality and service is always consistently good. They have one of the best veal chops I have ever had and their banana crime pie is the BEST I ever had. They have a nice selection of wines and cocktails and the service is always spot on. I also believe their pricing is very fair for the level of quality and services you get there. Good for a special occasion that won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Pricey & Not so SpecialSMAASUEDined on 6/25/2014The entrees were very pricey and the presentation was disappointing. I ordered the veal chop and it was large but not exceptional in terms of seasoning or taste in general. I added the "Oscar" option which resulted in the chop being place on top of about 8 spears of asparagus with a mound of crab meat on the side. That was a $56 entrée. My appetizer was calamari with peppers. It was tasty and fairly priced at $12. Desserts were another disappointment. We tried the banana cream pie and the reverse peanut butter cup. We were not impressed by either but those were also fairly priced. The highlight of the visit was the very warm and pleasant young wait staff and a good bartender!
- Expecting more...RTIERDined on 6/21/2014I was really excited to have dinner at Emeril's for the second time. Our first visit was outstanding, great food and service, a really enjoyable time. This time just wasn't the same. As expected this is an expensive place for dinner. What wasn't expected was our overcooked steaks and being ignored. We ordered medium steaks and they were well done and very dry. Our service in the beginning was great but as soon as our food arrived it was non existent. We would have said something about the steaks if the wait staff stopped by, but we were pretty much finished when they finally did ask us how things were. What was weird was the wait staff continually checked up on the table next to us but we were ignored. So would I go back? Probably not.
- Lamb fattyPgk49Dined on 6/21/2014Ordered rack of lamb medium. Served rare. Sent back n discovered it was excessively fatty greater than 50%. Server n manager notified. Offered alternative choice n was deducted from bill. Lamb rack French cut should be inspected by chef n whoever orders the meats. It's inexcusable for a $48 entreeSpecial Features:
- sadly, this is why Emeril is passeooutriggerDined on 6/21/2014service tries to please but the staff behind the scenes fails miserably the so called managers are unenthusiastic, they should try to be on the front lines
- Fun4allDined on 6/20/2014Me and my friends came for my birthday!!! Have never been ... This being our first time!!! We are all in the hospitality business... We were greeted by the hostess both friendly and professional ... Took us right over to our table.. I hope I don't get his name wrong?!?! But I believe it was Darnell ??? He was very accommodating .. Efficient ... And friendly...a great asset to the restaurant :)))) we were joking around with him and he played along... Always good to see that your server is happy to be at work... It really shined through with him... And yes we will all def be back... Great food .. Service and drinks!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodshellreviewsDined on 6/20/2014The restaurant had some great food and a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HMMNJDined on 6/19/2014We have dinned at the chop house several times and it is always a superb experience,from food,wind and staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014revisited and will come back. Service good for adults. A little too slow for older teenagers, however still good to get them out of the fast food mentality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing out of the ordinaryFrankieDined on 6/17/2014Service was spotty and had to wait more than 20 minutes for entrees. Never refilled water. Food portions were on the small side. Would eat there again but it would not be high on my listSpecial Features:
- A wonderful night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My husband and I bought Earth, Wind, and Fire tickets for my father-in-law for Fathers Day. The band was playing at the Sands in Bethlehem, PA so, being that we are from Scranton, PA, we thought this was the perfect opportunity to go. We were a little skeptical about the casino, but were pleasantly surprised that it looked, and felt, just like a casino out of A.C.!! Anyway, we made dinner reservations to Emeril's Chop House, to have a meal before the concert. Again we were a little skeptical going in, but the staff was amazing as was the food! A great way to start the evening and the band was great as well!! We had a great night.Special Features: