Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
77 Sands Blvd.
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pasands.com/dining.html
- Phone: 4847777777x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian that is 25 years of age or older while they are dining. All minors will also be escorted to and from Emeril's Chop House by Sands Security. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stacy Calles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril's Chop House can customize your private event with exquisite food, wine & service for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lonigro (484)7777534 x
- Cross Street: East Third Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: An on-site parking garage is available for all diners to utilize for free.
Valet parking is also available at Sands Bethlehem for a fee. Please visit the porte-cochère located at the main entrance near the water feature.
A word from Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
In the casual and comfortable setting of Emeril's Chop House, the warm design evokes the timeless craftsmanship of American industry– bronze metal ribboned screens outline the entrance, earth tone colors of leather & beige mohair furnishings contrast with the restaurant’s transparent reflective surfaces & circular crystal pendant light fixtures. The chef’s food bar has a leather panel front & hand finished white-washed oak millwork, & overlooks the open-action kitchen. Two curved wine cellars with polished steel wine racks separate the private dining areas from the rest of the space, & are encircled with a splash of red on the custom carpets. The restaurant’s combination of craftsmanship & elegance is perfectly reflected in the original artwork by local artist Michael Kessler, who achieves his effect with layer upon layer of acrylic paint on wood panel & relies on natural gesture to create his organic forms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)notable wine list (94)fit for foodies (92)romantic (86)good for groups (36)hot spot (30)late-night find (19)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Terrible from start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014First we waited 30 minutes for the very slow waitstaff to take our order. The appetizer was mediocre. My beet salad came with beets that still had the root and other beets that had brown spots. The entree they brought me was not what I ordered and when I finally received the pasta and cheese it was oily and the cheese sauce had separated. Finally I ordered the banana cream pie, which I had before at Emeril's in New Orleans and was amazing. This version tasted like it was a boxed frozen pie. I could only eat a few bites it was so bad. I can't believe Emeril allows his name to be associated with this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Awesome restaurant! great food and staff would definitely go back food was cooked perfectly expensive but worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I chose Emerils Chop House to celebrate our anniversary. It was an amazing experience frim the food to the service. I have never had a wait staff that was so attentive. And the filets we had were done perfectly and just melted in your mouth. My hat's off to everyone at the Chop House, you do an amazing job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paying for the nameSuzy2258Dined on 9/19/2014For was not the best calamari tough and chewy. Soup very good. Caesar salad ok but have had better jar dressing. Pasta had very little crab and 3 medium sized shrimp. Not hot just warm. Tuna was supposed to be seared cooked ok but the sesame seeds seemed to be not seared with the tuna and no seasoning what so ever. Also noodles underneath were just warm not hot. On both dishes we were warned the plates were very hot but the food was not. Very disappointing expected to be much better. Maybe that is why it was very easy to get a Friday night dinner reservation. On a plus the wait staff was very good.
- The food was great!RedwineDined on 9/15/2014Stephanie was an awesome server. We went there for our friend's 25th anniversary and it was an excellent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible. need I say moredaveDined on 9/15/2014The food was terrible. The service was the worst. There's a reason they can't fill the place. It was just terrible.
- Great Experience, as usualtravelgirl93Dined on 9/13/2014Second time in the Chophouse, and it didn't disappoint. We had the same waiter, William, and he was outstanding, as usual. I got my duck confit and frisee salad, and filet. Cooked beautifully, and tasted delicious. We didn't get a side this time, as it was too much to eat last time we were here. I definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Atmosphere very cold, boring, uninteresting. Food is pricey but that is ok if food is good but this is not the case. We ordered one filet which was ok, nothing special and one pasta dish. Faralle with shrimp, lobster and king crab. Honestly pretty lame..lobster overcooked, shrimp very fishy tasting crab was good but overall the dish was bland somewhat tasteless and below average. I've been to all three Emerills restaurants in Sands Casino and really have nothing positive to say about any of them..Sorry Emerill 3 strikes and you are out..If I had one positive the martinis were very good.
- Chop houseBigfoodieDined on 9/12/2014The food was great! The servers were on top of things. Though when I was seated we passed empty tables just to be seated in a bad location because they probably thought I didn't have money even though I still tipped 30% the oysters were a little small, other than that the place was great and I'd love to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once and doneeattunaDined on 9/12/2014This was kind of a bucket list place to go and I'm glad we did it on the way to do something worth while so the night was not a total loss. I was disappointed with the amount and quality of the highly priced dish. The service staff was great but our meal took a very long time to be served. We won't go backSpecial Features:
- Emeril's Chop HouseJaneDined on 9/10/2014Great food, with a nice atmosphere, great choice of dinner music played at a level that allowed conversation. Out servers were friendly and efficient...very nice service. A bit pricey, but worth the cost.Special Features:
- inconsistentprochef317Dined on 9/9/2014Restaurant has declined since it first opened. I order the same items as I always have since I enjoy them so much and it's different every time. Fried oyster app used to be incredible. This most recent time, the oysters were over-breaded and tough. The bechamel sauce did not taste fresh. The tomato jam that accompanies the dish has evolved from a delicious garnish to grape tomatoes that have been coated in sugar and roasted until soft. The bacon rasher is a quarter of the size it used to be and not the standard or quality I remember. The entrees came out immediately after our apps and we're lukewarm at best. I've had several great meals here and several disappointing meals. Wine list has declined in quality and price.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerPattyDined on 9/6/2014The service, food quality and overall dining experience was great. We loved the cauliflower and sweet potato sides, and both enjoyed our steaks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014the food was extremely salty. the service was great.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, but....ClassyDinerDined on 9/4/2014You get your money's worth at a quality restaurant. Baseball caps should not be worn at the dining table. It degrades the classy ambience of the restaurant and I might as well have gone to a diner. Or a burger joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationDdog24Dined on 9/2/2014Service was slow getting our drinks. Food was delicious. Restaurant was not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend AwayCasinoManDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I never get away (we have two small boys) but we got away for the night and traveled to the Sands for the first time. Our first stop was Emerils Chop House. The food was very good. We had a little of everything, Filet, Seafood Pasta, Calamari, Truffle Butter, Truffle Chips and BBQ Shrimp. Everything was priced right and I would definitely come back. The only two minor hiccups were.... Calamari were cooked great but the sauce tasted a little like bbq sauce. The service was not really notable. Not really friendly or not friendly, not the most attentive, the only time they were on top of it was when we were payingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent as always! Food was delicious and service was impeccable. This is one on my favorite places.Special Features:
- drnatDined on 8/31/2014Had another wonderful meal at the Chop House! Will our waiter was outstanding. Anticipated our every need as always.Dana was as pleasant as can be! Oysters were fresh and delicious. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingshoeyDined on 8/31/2014First time at chop house. The food was outstanding from the apps to the desert. The waitress was great could have not been nicer. It was just a great time for are family. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Emerils Chop Houseonthetown22Dined on 8/31/2014the steak was great. and the wine list was large. Overall great place.Special Features:
- One of Best Steakhouse ExperiencesScrapper5Dined on 8/30/2014This was one of the best steakhouse experiences my partner and I have ever had. Food outstanding, Service outstanding. I can't say enough about what an enjoyable experience it was! Did not disappoint at all and actually surpassed very lofty expectations!Special Features:
- Amazing Steak!!!Jerseygirl157Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decide at the last minute to head to Sands for some shopping, gambling and a nice dinner. The restaurant is very pretty inside and we were seated away from the gambling floor so it was quiet and very relaxing. WE each ordered the filet mignon. We shared a baked potato which was loaded with cheese, bacon and sour cream! The potato was MORE than enough to share. The steak melted in your mouth! You could almost cut it with your fork. The sauces they served on the side were fabulous as well. I had ordered a Caesar Salad that was delicious but way too big for one person. We enjoyed the dinner, our server was great! Highly suggest you try Emeril's Chophouse!Special Features:
- Nice!BBrunoDined on 8/29/2014My wife is still talking about it! The specials were incredible! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was great and the service was right on the money. It was my birthday and they presented me with a desert topped with a candle. I had the cowboy steak and it was perfectly cooked. My wife had the lamb chops and was very pleased. The wait staff was friendly and helpful throughout the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MwalshMwalshDined on 8/29/2014Second time even better than the first time. Comos on the money well worth the price Scallops were cooked just rightSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food But Kitchen Was SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service was great. Long wait for dinner to be served. 8pm reservation but food not out until 10pm on what appeared to be a slow Wednesday in the restaurant. Been here several times and never had an issue and will go back but management needs to make sure orders are delivered more timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTennisboyDined on 8/26/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at the Chophouse. I had the t-bone steak which delicious and cooked to the perfect temperature which I ordered. however the roasted garlic cauliflower could been better. I felt it was a bit on the dry side and needed sauce, perhaps A hollandaise. the bread served with the meal was very good. the service was also very good, friendly waitresses. as a side note the background noise from the slot machines was a little distracting from The dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service for the Price ...NoanieDined on 8/24/2014The food was very good (although Ruth's Chris is still our 'best pick' for steak) but for the price tag the service was truly abysmal. After seating we were promised a bread basket. Time passes. Eventually a waitress arrives to take our dinner orders. I mentioned that no one had taken our drink order as yet. She did that and at the same time took our dinner order. Time passes. I see our drinks on the bar waiting to be picked up. Time passes. My started salad arrives ... before my drink. Finally the waitress sees the drinks sitting on the bar and they arrive. Bread basket wandered to our table some time after all that. For $150 including tip, I expect service and food to come in the correct order. Think twice.
- Not GoodMarieDined on 8/23/2014The purpose of the visit to this restaurant was to celebrate a birthday. We are a group of over fifty plus women who enjoy good socializing. The service was terrible we waited over an hour for the food. The waitress never came to check in on us. The manager did take the price of five steaks off the bill. It was not about the price. It was about the staff not providing the service promised. The reservations was last weekend in the sand Casino.
- Best steak aroundYumyumDined on 8/23/2014It is the best steak in the U.S. that I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Surf and TurfLilredDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. I had eaten previously at Emeril's Italian Kitchen but wasn't sure what to expect here. The wine list is notable and the servers are very knowledgeable. The calamari was very good. It was in a spicey tomato sauce with peppers. The sauce is in the bottom of the bowl so mix it up before you eat it. We both had Caesar salads which were more like a lunch-size for me and very very good. Sharp parm strip on top was a nice touch and ground pepper was offered. I had the Touranados of Beef and Scallops which was prepared perfectly. My husband had the filet and lobster. While the lobster type was not his favorite, it was prepared correctly, just the stringy type not the solid white meat type.Special Features:
- badude01Dined on 8/23/2014Perfect! Perfect service. Perfect food! Desert with peaches and peanut butter worth the caloriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/20/2014I had read several reviews before going. Now I am surprised that not many mention the noise level in this restaurant. They might as well have put the tables right on the casino floor. “DING DING DING DING WHEEL… OF… FORTUNE!!!!!” The food and service was OK, not great at these prices. The 18 0z $48 strip was ordered rare and came out medium but we kept it because the quality was good enough to bear overcooking. My biggest complaint was the side of “white truffle chips” with parmesan. I asked before ordering how they were prepared. I was told they are like potato chips, shaved thin, fried and seasoned with cheese. Now, I know that truffles are expensive and I did not expect a large portion for $14 but I did not expect potato chips.Special Features:
- NjoygdDined on 8/19/2014Exceeded our expectations on all levels important to us. Our food was so good - everything well prepared and very flavorful. Service was great - team was friendly and professional. Very unpretentious. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGreatDined on 8/19/2014If Gordon Ramsey had a chance to review Emeril's Chop House, he would likely pan the place, the good and its service and need to redo the place and all that comprises it, just like he dies on tv. One special: Not only is the french onion soup the worst I have ever had, it is downright dangerous. It is served in cast iron bowls. Ridiculous! Both my wife and I had burnt hands as a result.
- Blackbear55Dined on 8/17/2014My mon and I had a great time we love the relaxed feel of the place. The food was great and the service was excellent. Can't wait to go back and try more dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants, Shula's being the other. The food is superb and the seating area is not congested.Special Features:
- great experiencegkep27Dined on 8/16/2014The wine list is extensive. Appetizer and steaks were amazing. The atmosphere great for a romantic date. The service was just the right amount of attentive. The only thing wrong was the cauliflower side dish was under cooked and over powered with nutmeg and the fingerling potatoes were not as delicious as the menu description would have you believe, but who really goes there for the sides? Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for an anniversaryCynsaeDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I were celebrating the 2nd anniversary of our first date. We were 15 minutes late being that we were not familiar with the area. We didn't have to wait long to be seated and our servers waited on us well. As soon as we sat down, they told us happy anniversary. The ambience was great, we felt a little overdressed...lol. The food was great, I had filet mignon and my boyfriend had rack of lamb. At the end we were surprised with a plate with 4 godiva chocolates with fruit and "happy anniversary" written in chocolate and a candle. What a way to end a great date. We will be coming back, such a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.