Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
77 Sands Blvd.
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pasands.com/dining.html
- Phone: (484) 777-7777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Bar opens at: 4:30pm
Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian that is 25 years of age or older while they are dining. All minors will also be escorted to and from Emeril's Chop House by Sands Security. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stacy Calles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Emeril's Chop House can customize your private event with exquisite food, wine & service for 20-80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Lonigro (484)7777534 x
- Cross Street: East Third Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: An on-site parking garage is available for all diners to utilize for free.
Valet parking is also available at Sands Bethlehem for a fee. Please visit the porte-cochère located at the main entrance near the water feature.
A word from Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem
In the casual and comfortable setting of Emeril's Chop House, the warm design evokes the timeless craftsmanship of American industry– bronze metal ribboned screens outline the entrance, earth tone colors of leather & beige mohair furnishings contrast with the restaurant’s transparent reflective surfaces & circular crystal pendant light fixtures. The chef’s food bar has a leather panel front & hand finished white-washed oak millwork, & overlooks the open-action kitchen. Two curved wine cellars with polished steel wine racks separate the private dining areas from the rest of the space, & are encircled with a splash of red on the custom carpets. The restaurant’s combination of craftsmanship & elegance is perfectly reflected in the original artwork by local artist Michael Kessler, who achieves his effect with layer upon layer of acrylic paint on wood panel & relies on natural gesture to create his organic forms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)fit for foodies (104)romantic (79)notable wine list (73)good for groups (59)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (19)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great changesDianeVIPDined on 11/24/2014Emeril's has always been impressive for their steaks, but they have increased the stakes even more! With additional flavors of New Orleans in their appetizers and an expanded entree offering, they have improved upon an already good thing. Our 2 Servers were simply wonderful - friendly, good conversationalists, and excellent at making us feel more than welcome. Going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServicdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014I had dinner on a Saturday night. Customer service needs a lot of work. Our wator/waitress did not ask for beverages 10 minutes after being seated. We did not get our food for 60 minutes after putting the order in. It was not busy for this to happen. There were empty tables around us. The food was amazing ! It was worth every dollar spent. But because the customer service was horrible I will not be going back. I do not recommend emeralds chop house to individuals who find great value in customer service.Special Features:
- LovelyFullySatisfiedDined on 11/22/2014Enjoyed dinner with another couple. Service was top notch, timely, friendly and not intruding, nor rushing. We felt comfortable staying for 2 hours. Some familiar dishes with just a surprising twist, like the bacon on the wedge salad and the truffle chips...the steak of course was delicious! All four of us enjoyed our choices. Just lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely come back!!!HappyBirDined on 11/22/2014Everything we ate was outstanding and the service was top-shelf! Experience was one of the best we have encountered!Special Features:
- SPORTVIPDined on 11/20/2014Eaten here about 5 times, perfer the Italian Table, even though it was very good. We had no problems with the food or service. Very knowledgeable servers at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Anniversary DinnergottaloveruthchrisDined on 11/19/2014To celebrate our anniversary,we customarily go to the Mohegan Sun for an overnight and dine at Ruth Chris. This year we decided to go to the Sands and dine at Emeril's Chop House. We were seated and greeted by two servers, one whom we never saw again until she brought our check. We each ordered the Caesar Salad; one steak special and one fish special. The salads were tasteless. The steak dish was well presented but tasteless. The fish was just plain lousy. And after being served, no one returned to check on us! Having said this, we certainly will not return. There is absolutely no comparison or substitute for Ruth Chris!
- Dinner and service was exceptionalBenzDined on 11/15/2014It was my wife and I first time there. Everything from the reservation to our team waiters to the food were incredible. Highly recommend and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependable.FoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious evening.ShamrockDined on 11/15/2014The cocktail and entrees were excellent followed by the dessert that complimented the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Emeril's chop houseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014We have dined at the chop house before and have enjoyed our visit. This time we did enjoy the atmosphere and the waiters were very good however, we felt the food was not as good as usual and for the price not as good a value as the Italian table, for example. We will probably dine there again however, we were somewhat disappointed with what was a fair to good experience in a place where we expected exceptional, especially at the prices paid. D. CetaniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 out 4 liked the meal, 1 returned theirs twicebarbaraDined on 11/14/2014As a steak house, the chef should accommodate the customer as the meal is requested. When a person prefers their steak well done, it should be well done regardless of how the chef likes it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outraschaDined on 11/14/2014We had a lot of fun, our waiter was just wonderful! William you were great! He put up with 7 women asking for all kinds of special requests with charm and ease. The food was wonderful, we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BklynmichDined on 11/11/2014My husband and I had dinner at the Chophouse after an afternoon of gambling and were looking forward to a relaxing dinner.....my husband ordered the bean and tomato soup which was puréed and a little bland but his main course of salmon was cooked perfectly and in his words "perfect". I ordered the beef tips and shrimps over a bed of mushroom risotto with a drizzle of arugula pesto. It was one of the nights specials and it was delish....my only complaint was that it was served in a bowl and had a difficult time cutting the beef tips....We only had a glass of wine each as we had a 2 hour drive back to NY....I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan on going back... PS the bar made me the best cappuccino ever...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chop housedocodockDined on 11/9/2014nice place was pleased with service, food and how we were treated made us feel special---Special Features:
- Fabulous!StatenIslanderVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had to wait this time for our reservation but the Host offered us dessert for our patience and inconvenience. Great service and food!Special Features:
- Not what was expectedBeeOpenDined on 11/8/2014You shouldn't have to say, "Well, what can you expect from an East Coast casino restaurant?" But that seems to be the case here. My expectations of this Emeril restaurant were way too high.
- Slow ServiceDissapointedDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I were looking forward to a nice dinner out. We arrived on time and we were seating right away. The waiter wasn't very friendly. He didn't come back to check on us very often. The worst part was the long wait for our food. It took 45 minutes for our dinner to arrive!! This was way to long to wait for our meal. The waiter never came over to apologize for the long wait or even explain why. I don't know if our food had just been sitting and waiting to be delivered. My steak was dry and not that warm. The table we were sitting at had air conditioning blowing right down on us, so I was freezing the whole time even though I had a sweater on. I have dinned here before, so I was very disappointed at the service.Special Features:
- "THE" Place for Steak!Sonnyandsher4everDined on 11/7/2014We recently ate at the chop house during our stay at the Sand's casino in Bethlehem Pennsylvania. Assuming that the meal would be large, I ordered just the blue cheese wedge salad and French onion soup, thinking that I might sneak a bite of my wife's cowboy ribeye steak. The waiter brought it out, having had the kitchen cut it in half for us to share. It was huge, and more importantly, it was delicious! It was done medium Pittsburgh style. Might be the best steak ever had! Only criticism we have is that it was a little too dark in the restaurant, and it was a bit cold sitting near the window. Considering everything else though it was a 100% enjoyable experience. Understandably pricey, but worth every penny. GO there!!!Special Features:
- Yummy foodBuddiesDined on 11/5/2014My friends and I love the food but apparently they had more reservations then they were prepared for, therefore, we waited an hour for our meal. It was, however, very delicious and worth the wait!Special Features:
- ExcellentHappyDined on 11/4/2014The service was great. Everyone made you feel at home and treated us like royalty. The food was amazing and so fresh nd light.Special Features:
- best meal in a long time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Food was incredible, service outstanding and price amazing for quality! Definitely a place to go. Will absolutely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We used comps for meal! It was goodDandypoker14Dined on 11/2/2014Servers were very nice! Caesar salad was missing something! Fingerling potatoes were terrible!steaks were delicious! My daughter ordered tuna and received salmon instead! She didn't notice until bill came that a mistake was made! Salmon was good for her! Atmosphere wasn't all that great! Kinda boring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it for the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our reservation was at 8:15 and we didn't get seated until 9. The wedge salad was good. I got the 9 oz filet which was not very tasty. Thankfully they give me 3 different dipping sauces but without them it was average at best. My wife got the salmon and the next day her comment to me while she was eating her left overs was "I always say I wish I could make salmon like this. Last night was this first night, I didn't say that. I make better salmon." We also got a side of asparagus which was way too salty. In summary the food, was fair but for the price I expected more. If you live in the area like I won't recommend this place when there are so many other good choices in the area. We won't be returning.
- Best Steak I ever hadDomfDined on 11/1/2014I must say, the Cowboy Rib Eye was one of the best tasting steaks I have ever had. Waiter and waitress were wonderful and attentive. Excellant time at Emeril's!!!Special Features:
- One and OnlyschmausDined on 11/1/2014Emeril's Chop House is the "one and only" restaurant I visit when I decide to treat myself to dinner while at the SANDS. The ambience is welcoming and comfortable yet gourmet and special. Each dish's recipe is designed thoughtfully and with a heart for the culinary art. No matter what I choose from the menu, I am never disappointed and am allowed to savor the dish which is complimented with a very fine glass of wine. I would highly recommend a visit to Emeril's Chop House at the SANDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Husband & I had a great dinner. Food was excellent (Ribeye Steak, Sweet Potatoes, Bean w/onions) The steak could be cut with a butter knife. Was by-far one of the best steaks we've had in quite a while. Best bring your appetite with you when you go....at 22ozs., we had to split it & still had a filling meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I always love it when you go to the maître d in a half empty restaurant on time for your reservation and he studies the table chart for 5 minutes before seating. Sorry but emmerils chophouse isn't le bec fin. The service was a little slow maybe by design but efficient. The food was good . A little overpriced but expected in casino venue.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayAJ2006Dined on 10/30/2014We celebrated my son's 21st birthday with great Irish whiskey, succulent steaks, salads, side dishes and amazing desserts. The waitresses and the hostesses were friendly, providing excellent service. We have been in the past and the food was good but not exceptional. This time everything was truly exceptional and we will continue to go to Emeril's chop house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local food criticMangiastaDined on 10/30/2014The best steaks around. Best wedge I've ever had. The shrimp apps are fantastic along with honestly everything on the menu. Love emerils!!! Got a glimpse of the bone in pork chop last visit, MADONE!!!!! Can't wait to try it!!! Best restaurant in the Lehigh valley. Would love to see a 3-5 lb whole lobster added to the menu, that would cap it off nicely!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, Good Foodkrang00Dined on 10/28/2014Overall a good dining experience, however, the food wasn't as good as I expected. For the price I would have rather gone to Shula's or another steak restaurant.Special Features:
- sandsmaggielouVIPDined on 10/26/2014had a great time food amazing servers were perfectSpecial Features:
- Great Food & serviceIlovefinediningDined on 10/26/2014Four of us were there on Sunday night. We were treated royally and the food and wine were mostly delicious. One friend had the same dish I ordered, scallops and beef tips. She loved it, but I found the scallops too salty. Otherwise, it was lovely! I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huge disappointmentdisappointmentDined on 10/26/2014we were looking forward to the well touted restaurant. it is not inexpensive by any stretch of the imagination. we weren't looking for a bargain, we were looking for a culinary experience. when you see prices like that you expect the experience and the level of food to be just as extraordinary. just not so. the food was acceptable and the service was VERY slow. they were not very busy, it was a sunday night. i asked for a glass of chardonnay 3 times, which i finally received 1 hour later. our food took 1 1/2 hours to come out to the table with prompting by us because we had tickets to a show. we thought two hours was a satisfactory amount of time to have dinner before a show. continued below...
- As expectedmaiello79Dined on 10/25/2014Chef Emeril's made his name on top quality service and food. Our experience lived up to his name. We go every year to celebrate our wedding anniversary and every year the experience fits the occasion. We'll be back next yearSpecial Features:
- BamCatandBobDined on 10/25/2014Our experience at Emeril's Chop House was perfect. The atmosphere, attention to service and detail makes us want to return again and again. We began with perfectly executed cocktails at the bar prior to being seated. Our starters were the James River Fried Oysters and Prime Steak Tartar. The oysters were fried perfectly and combined Andouille and three cheese béchamel. The steak tartar rich and flavorful. We ordered the Creekstone Filet Mignon and the Prime New York Strip and both were cooked precisely medium rare along with the creamed spinach. We ended with the New York Style Cheese Cake which was smooth as silk. in addition, I was treated to a slice of birthday cake since we were celebrating my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and wonderful food.CampyDined on 10/25/2014Had a great experience at Emeril's this past weekend. First time dinning at this establishment. Modern and vibrant atmosphere. Wonderful service. The food was very good but a bit overpriced. Overall it was a wonderful expereince.Special Features:
- Great night out at Emeril'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Wait staff very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu items, and attentive. Cocktails were unique and inventive, as well as tasty. Food was well prepared and served in a timely manner. Had the cowboy ribeye and loaded fingerling potatoes, both were delicious (steak was pricey, but worth it, I think). The restaurant's interior was attractive, clean and neat. The only negative was that the view from our seating location was not very appealing--you are looking out at the valet parking line, and beyond that some rather dull landscaping and city streetscape; still, it was nice to be seated near a window that offered an exterior view, which was a relief from all the sensory overload brought on by the casino environment. Still a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakfatandhappyDined on 10/24/2014We immediately were taken to our table and the wait staff was superb. The food was delicious and you must try the banana cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!MikeOVIPDined on 10/23/2014We have gone to Emeril's Chop House about 20 times and have always had a terrific experience! The staff and food are terrific. The food is always cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this for a special occasion or business meeting with a client. You will not be disappointed! We will go again in a month or two.Special Features:
- What an overproiced dissapointmentChuckVIPDined on 10/22/2014Let's start by arriving in the cocktail area and wanting to have a drink before dinner. Waiter told me "this is their busy night so can't provide service to our table." $36 for a dozen tiny oysters. The rib-eye was paper thin and way over-seasoned. Crab leg was ice cold despite being told it would come out steamed. The three shrimp side dish was a $14 joke. Waited 15 minutes before out plates were cleared and the exorbitant check (for the poor service and food) was brought. Next time we will have a slice of pizza at the food court.