Emerald Loop Bar and Grill
216 N Wabash
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Emerald Loop Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emeraldloop.com/
- Phone: (312) 263-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 2:00pm - 12:00am; Late Night: Kitchen open until 2am; Brunch Buffet: Saturday-Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Public Transit: CTA bus (134, 135, 136, 145, 146), Red Line train (State & Lake), Brown Line train (State & Lake), Green Line train (State & Lake), Purple Line train (State & Lake), Orange Line train (State & Lake), Pink Line train (State & Lake), Metra train (Millennium station), Cabs plentiful
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking metered.
A word from Emerald Loop Bar and Grill
Located in the Loop in the historic 35 East Wacker Drive Building. The fare is traditional Irish and grill favorites. Serving Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Weekend Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emerald Loop Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)great for lunch (24)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Family Gathering to Watch FootballOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014My family of 6 met in Chicago to watch the Packers game. I made a reservation the day before online for a table for 6 with a special note that we'd like a table that could see the Packer game. When we arrived, a wonderful horseshoe booth right in front of a TV with the Packer game channel already on was waiting for us. Our server was wonderful, checking on us often, but not pressuring us to leave or order more. The food was very good too. I'll definitely go there again for our annual family football gathering in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLunchladyDined on 11/5/2014I met a friend I had not seen for a while and the server was very accommodating with our very long lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking at InstructionsNoneDined on 11/2/2014I wish they would pay attention to instructions. I always ask to reserve a High Top Table and I always have to ask them for one. Gets annoying when I dine there about 2-3 times a month.Special Features:
- Good for some beer and appetizers!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/2/2014The pretzel appetizer and nachos were great. Also enjoyed some nice seasonal beer although the were out of most of them. Good place to enjoy a game, beer and appetizers.Special Features:
- good food, disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014It's a nice establishment--the food and beer was good and the prices reasonable. I was disappointed in the service though. I came with a group of 10 on a Saturday night for dinner and drinks (a reservation is a must). Our server was pretty inattentive and it took an act of congress to have our plates cleared and be presented with the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014I read of the Emerald Loop in one of the info mags in our hotel room and was lucky enough to get a rez for 9 of us for brunch. Their weekend brunch is wonderful and plentiful. They have everything from the customary scrambled eggs, country potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham, to the made to order waffles and omelets, plus much more all for $11. They also have $7 Bloody Marys and Mimosas. The service was great. There are plenty of beers on tap. I would highly recommend the Emerald Loop Bar and GrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cheap brunchkatiecowgirlDined on 10/19/2014I eat brunch in Chicago about 3 or 4 times a year. Emerald Loop is at the bottom end for price, $11 a person, coffee extra ($2.50), suitable for times when you have already blown more than you should on steaks and wine. There is a wide enough array of sausages and bacon and scrambled eggs (probably powdered) and made-to-order omelets along with French toast, pancakes, bagels, pastries and fresh fruit that you could not possibly ask for more for the price. Huge TVs for football or whatever, major bar if you need it. Irish ambience.Special Features:
- Great after theatreDebiJDined on 10/17/2014Wanted someplace new to go after a show at the Chicago Theatre. We had great service and great food at a great price. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cheapeaterDined on 10/5/2014best deal on a sunday brunch in the city! they also have made-to-order omlets, fresh fruit and cheap breakfast drinks including bloody Mary's great location for state street shoppingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grab a pint and a gameOnesmilingmomDined on 9/30/2014We were looking for a low key place to watch a baseball game, have a beer and casual food. Great bar. Fantastic beer selection. Burgers were delish. Mac and cheese - yum!! Service was awesome. We will go back next time we are in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Fun AtmosphereChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great place to grab a bite! The food is ok but the atmosphere, the service, and the drinks are exceptional! A great find in the Loop! I can't speak higher of the people that work there from servers to hostesses.Special Features:
- Best brunch deal in the cityCCCcDined on 9/28/2014Great find! Clean and friendly staff not busy and very reasonable priced and nice selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neb32Dined on 9/14/2014Very good food, best Scotch prices in town! Will visit again.Special Features:
- Drinks After WorkChitownNewbieeDined on 9/5/2014This place is very affordable for being in the loop. I came here a few times after work to get drinks with coworkers. There is typically always room for large groups (reserve ahead of time), the atmosphere is great, and there are usually beer specials! This month was a Samuel Adams Oktoberfest for under $5! You cannot beat that price in the loop. Service is average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Gem in the Looppgr1998VIPDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food, vast array of beers, attentive courteous staff, great atmosphere, this is a must visit if you in Downtown Chicago.Special Features:
- TONS Of Outdoor SeatingCS440VIPDined on 8/8/2014It's tough to get a good table outside in Chicago during our quick summer... But Emerald Loop has tons of outside space! Great standard bar-type food, good for happy hour with friends after work to share some nachos and enjoy the weather!Special Features:
- Great for groups!GoodPubDined on 8/8/2014We had a group of 12 people ranging in age from 4 to 85. Everone found something they liked and the service was amazing. We had called ahead if time to discuss some dietary restrictions and they were very accommodating. Even at dinner the owner stopped by our table to make sure all out needs were met. The food was resonably priced and great! I will definetly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and Casual!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 8/2/2014This is your place. Restaurant/bar with decent food. If you need to get in and out, the servers will accommodate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 476 reviews are from the Emerald Loop Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- food before Chicago TheaterdoanjaneDined on 7/27/2014We came here because we liked your website and decided we would eat here before our concert at the Chicago Theater.Special Features:
- You're best to go after 11LisaDined on 7/26/2014We went there at 9:00 for a breakfast buffet/bloody mary bar. However, they don't serve drinking until 11. (No one told us this when we made the reservations, nor is it on their sign out front.) The buffet wasn't even up and running until close to 9:30, even though they opened at 9. The overall service was very, very slow. The food was good and for $11 all-you-can-eat, it was a good value. I would just recommend going around 10, or even 11 if you want to have a bloody mary with brunch.Special Features:
- Middle of the crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Wifey and I went to the Emerald after making reservations with OpenTable. Got there and even though the place wasn't crowded at all, the hostess was lost about seating us. After finally finding a table for us amid all the empty tables, service was good but the food was mediocre at best. We both had traditional pub food. Prices were OK. Beer selection was limited. This place is average if that is all you are looking for.
- Good dinner before the play!downtowneatsDined on 7/22/2014This was the perfect option for dinner before the show at the Goodman Theater! Wonderful salad options, and the Irish Magner's Pear Cider was delicious!Special Features:
- The Place to Go For Big GamesBigGameGoToDined on 7/13/2014To be clear, my rating for Noise Level is a complement. We always go to Emerald Loop for the big games (World Cup Final 2014) because they welcome customers' enthusiasm for their teams. The wait staff knows how to keep the food and drinks coming without obstructing your view. While there's a health group at the bar, no one gets out of hand and we were able to sit with our kids and the table behind us had like 6 kids with them and feel totally comfortable. The food is delicious!!! and prices are more than reasonable for a downtown Chicago location. I also like to have lunch at Emerald Loop on weekdays when the volume of the patrons isn't quite so high. Can't say enough good things about it!Special Features:
- Pub FoodJimPVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a great place for pub food like a hamburger and fries. Also has an excellent selection of beers. My wife likes the humus dish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayReggieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Service (Greeter and Server) were great. The menu was satisfactory (nothing bad....nothing great). Clean washrooms. We had dinner (during the FIFA World Cup, so the atmsophere was understandably louder than normal. Limited wine list (adequate options). This was our 3rd time (2x for lunch and 1x for dinner)........it's better for lunch. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great and Affordable :-)MelsDined on 7/4/2014I will definitely be returning soon! Emerald Loop is a a great restaraunt for group and private occasions. It has a very cozy but live sports bar appeal and the food is excellent and affordable. Truly an awesome find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itImnotelvisDined on 7/3/2014I highly recommend this place for lunch. The food was very tasty and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service could be betterNewInTownDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I made reservations at Emerald Loop before a concert at the Chicago Theatre. We walked in and were seated immediately, but had to wait about 7 minutes for our waitress to appear and take our drink orders. We could tell that she was very busy, and obviously not enough waiters/servers were working that evening. I order the Goat Cheese & Pear Salad while my husband had the Fish and Chips. The salad was delicious, a perfect summer dish, albeit lacking in portion. The fish and chips comes with 2 huge pieces of fish, a generous portion of fries, and green peas. It was also pretty good.Special Features:
- Food was poorNobodyImportantVIPDined on 6/27/2014Stopped in for dinner before theater. Food was pretty bad. The vinaigrette on the salad was mostly water. The fish and chips was mediocre. The fries were limp and the fish was bland. The tartare sauce was just mayonnaise. A pretty dreadful meal.
- Good (and plentiful) foodDowntownDotVIPDined on 6/11/2014A busy pub with far better than typical pub food and specials each day. The goat cheese and pear salad is particularly nice as a summer dish and you can't go wrong with the shepherd's pie if you want a heavier, heartier fareSpecial Features:
- Horrible day at Emerald LoopOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014Came here with co workers for one of their birthdays and the service was SO SO slow and the restaurant was hardly filled so I was incredibly disappointed. When I got my "Monday Special," which was the Mediterranean Turkey Salad, it was disgusting ice berg lettue, w/ 1 green olive, horribly chopped green peppers, and watery dressing. I didn not eat much of it.Special Features:
- Great bar!MollieDined on 5/7/2014Great mohitos and Great bar selection wonderful appetizers the bar and the appetizers might be better than the food. This is a great place to start off your night in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, bad servicemandile23Dined on 4/24/2014Most of our food orders were wrong. I could tell it was an issue with the kitchen - our waitress was great. When she came to the table to check on us, she could tell right away that things were wrong. It took some extra time (or things on the side) to get things right (a common occurrence at Emerald Loop), but the food is great, the drinks are good and we had the time to wait. If we were in a hurry, it might have been a bigger issue.Special Features:
- Easter brunchRichDined on 4/20/2014We stopped in after Easter Mass--five of us-- three adults and a teen and pre-teens. Great brunch, great service, great atmosphere. Marvelous time. (some colored Easter eggs and decs might be a nice touch for next year).Special Features:
- Good before showFoodExplorerDined on 4/17/2014We went before a concert at the chicago theater. Close parking garage and brief walk to theater. Burger and nachos or wrap sandwiches are ok. Fish and chip were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip the food, stay for the gameChillyPalmerDined on 3/27/2014Great place for a cold beer and sports game but not your better bar food.Special Features:
- Terrible Management ServiceSportsFanaticDined on 3/27/2014Went here to watch the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament with a group of about 20. We called previously to make sure they would be playing sound for the game. When we showed up and our game started, there was no sound. We politely asked them to turn on the sound and they said no. We told them how we called and were told there would be sound. They basically accused us of lying. We also asked them to turn the game that we were watching on one of the larger TV's and they also said no, that they couldn't because they were "programmed" that way. But, after 1/2 of their bar cleared out 1/2 way thru our game. They suddenly were able to turn on the sound and switch the channel for us. They treated us so poorly. We will never go back.
- Downtown Hot Spotpgr1998VIPDined on 3/21/2014Emerald Loop has a vibrant bar scene combined with an amazing Menu. Order a fancy cocktail here; or stick to the beer (they have several good choices on tap), or something simple, like a bourbon on the rocks. While you drink, watch the game on the many big screen TV's . Conor O'Keefe and his staff make you feel comfortable the moment you walk in. A great place to eat and dine in the heart of Downtown Chicago.Special Features:
- Only real complaint is thatBSBMDined on 3/17/2014Only real complaint is that the doors let in lots of wind which made restaurant cold. They need to install a revolving door. Otherwise, a fine pub. Went there for St. Patricks day and considering crowds etc, they did a nice job. I would go back for another Guiness any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- st.paddy loveDetroitChicagolovinDined on 3/14/2014I really loved the layout and the hostess was nice. The fish tacos were off the chain. Also the server I think was just busy all day because she didn't check on us at all.Special Features: