Emerald Loop Bar and Grill
216 N Wabash
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Emerald Loop Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.emeraldloop.com/
- Phone: 3122630200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 2:00pm - 12:00am; Late Night: Kitchen open until 2am; Brunch Buffet: Saturday-Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Public Transit: CTA bus (134, 135, 136, 145, 146), Red Line train (State & Lake), Brown Line train (State & Lake), Green Line train (State & Lake), Purple Line train (State & Lake), Orange Line train (State & Lake), Pink Line train (State & Lake), Metra train (Millennium station), Cabs plentiful
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking metered.
A word from Emerald Loop Bar and Grill
Located in the Loop in the historic 35 East Wacker Drive Building. The fare is traditional Irish and grill favorites. Serving Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Weekend Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emerald Loop Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (30)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Drinks After WorkChitownNewbieeDined on 9/5/2014This place is very affordable for being in the loop. I came here a few times after work to get drinks with coworkers. There is typically always room for large groups (reserve ahead of time), the atmosphere is great, and there are usually beer specials! This month was a Samuel Adams Oktoberfest for under $5! You cannot beat that price in the loop. Service is average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Gem in the Looppgr1998VIPDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food, vast array of beers, attentive courteous staff, great atmosphere, this is a must visit if you in Downtown Chicago.Special Features:
- TONS Of Outdoor SeatingCS440VIPDined on 8/8/2014It's tough to get a good table outside in Chicago during our quick summer... But Emerald Loop has tons of outside space! Great standard bar-type food, good for happy hour with friends after work to share some nachos and enjoy the weather!Special Features:
- Great for groups!GoodPubDined on 8/8/2014We had a group of 12 people ranging in age from 4 to 85. Everone found something they liked and the service was amazing. We had called ahead if time to discuss some dietary restrictions and they were very accommodating. Even at dinner the owner stopped by our table to make sure all out needs were met. The food was resonably priced and great! I will definetly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and Casual!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 8/2/2014This is your place. Restaurant/bar with decent food. If you need to get in and out, the servers will accommodate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food before Chicago TheaterdoanjaneDined on 7/27/2014We came here because we liked your website and decided we would eat here before our concert at the Chicago Theater.Special Features:
- You're best to go after 11LisaDined on 7/26/2014We went there at 9:00 for a breakfast buffet/bloody mary bar. However, they don't serve drinking until 11. (No one told us this when we made the reservations, nor is it on their sign out front.) The buffet wasn't even up and running until close to 9:30, even though they opened at 9. The overall service was very, very slow. The food was good and for $11 all-you-can-eat, it was a good value. I would just recommend going around 10, or even 11 if you want to have a bloody mary with brunch.Special Features:
- Middle of the crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Wifey and I went to the Emerald after making reservations with OpenTable. Got there and even though the place wasn't crowded at all, the hostess was lost about seating us. After finally finding a table for us amid all the empty tables, service was good but the food was mediocre at best. We both had traditional pub food. Prices were OK. Beer selection was limited. This place is average if that is all you are looking for.
- Good dinner before the play!downtowneatsDined on 7/22/2014This was the perfect option for dinner before the show at the Goodman Theater! Wonderful salad options, and the Irish Magner's Pear Cider was delicious!Special Features:
- The Place to Go For Big GamesBigGameGoToDined on 7/13/2014To be clear, my rating for Noise Level is a complement. We always go to Emerald Loop for the big games (World Cup Final 2014) because they welcome customers' enthusiasm for their teams. The wait staff knows how to keep the food and drinks coming without obstructing your view. While there's a health group at the bar, no one gets out of hand and we were able to sit with our kids and the table behind us had like 6 kids with them and feel totally comfortable. The food is delicious!!! and prices are more than reasonable for a downtown Chicago location. I also like to have lunch at Emerald Loop on weekdays when the volume of the patrons isn't quite so high. Can't say enough good things about it!Special Features:
- Pub FoodJimPVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a great place for pub food like a hamburger and fries. Also has an excellent selection of beers. My wife likes the humus dish. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayReggieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Service (Greeter and Server) were great. The menu was satisfactory (nothing bad....nothing great). Clean washrooms. We had dinner (during the FIFA World Cup, so the atmsophere was understandably louder than normal. Limited wine list (adequate options). This was our 3rd time (2x for lunch and 1x for dinner)........it's better for lunch. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Great and Affordable :-)MelsDined on 7/4/2014I will definitely be returning soon! Emerald Loop is a a great restaraunt for group and private occasions. It has a very cozy but live sports bar appeal and the food is excellent and affordable. Truly an awesome find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service could be betterNewInTownDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I made reservations at Emerald Loop before a concert at the Chicago Theatre. We walked in and were seated immediately, but had to wait about 7 minutes for our waitress to appear and take our drink orders. We could tell that she was very busy, and obviously not enough waiters/servers were working that evening. I order the Goat Cheese & Pear Salad while my husband had the Fish and Chips. The salad was delicious, a perfect summer dish, albeit lacking in portion. The fish and chips comes with 2 huge pieces of fish, a generous portion of fries, and green peas. It was also pretty good.Special Features:
- Food was poorNobodyImportantVIPDined on 6/27/2014Stopped in for dinner before theater. Food was pretty bad. The vinaigrette on the salad was mostly water. The fish and chips was mediocre. The fries were limp and the fish was bland. The tartare sauce was just mayonnaise. A pretty dreadful meal.
- Good (and plentiful) foodDowntownDotVIPDined on 6/11/2014A busy pub with far better than typical pub food and specials each day. The goat cheese and pear salad is particularly nice as a summer dish and you can't go wrong with the shepherd's pie if you want a heavier, heartier fareSpecial Features:
- The following 464 reviews are from the Emerald Loop Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- Horrible day at Emerald LoopOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014Came here with co workers for one of their birthdays and the service was SO SO slow and the restaurant was hardly filled so I was incredibly disappointed. When I got my "Monday Special," which was the Mediterranean Turkey Salad, it was disgusting ice berg lettue, w/ 1 green olive, horribly chopped green peppers, and watery dressing. I didn not eat much of it.Special Features:
- Great bar!MollieDined on 5/7/2014Great mohitos and Great bar selection wonderful appetizers the bar and the appetizers might be better than the food. This is a great place to start off your night in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, bad servicemandile23Dined on 4/24/2014Most of our food orders were wrong. I could tell it was an issue with the kitchen - our waitress was great. When she came to the table to check on us, she could tell right away that things were wrong. It took some extra time (or things on the side) to get things right (a common occurrence at Emerald Loop), but the food is great, the drinks are good and we had the time to wait. If we were in a hurry, it might have been a bigger issue.Special Features:
- Easter brunchRichDined on 4/20/2014We stopped in after Easter Mass--five of us-- three adults and a teen and pre-teens. Great brunch, great service, great atmosphere. Marvelous time. (some colored Easter eggs and decs might be a nice touch for next year).Special Features:
- Good before showFoodExplorerDined on 4/17/2014We went before a concert at the chicago theater. Close parking garage and brief walk to theater. Burger and nachos or wrap sandwiches are ok. Fish and chip were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip the food, stay for the gameChillyPalmerDined on 3/27/2014Great place for a cold beer and sports game but not your better bar food.Special Features:
- Terrible Management ServiceSportsFanaticDined on 3/27/2014Went here to watch the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament with a group of about 20. We called previously to make sure they would be playing sound for the game. When we showed up and our game started, there was no sound. We politely asked them to turn on the sound and they said no. We told them how we called and were told there would be sound. They basically accused us of lying. We also asked them to turn the game that we were watching on one of the larger TV's and they also said no, that they couldn't because they were "programmed" that way. But, after 1/2 of their bar cleared out 1/2 way thru our game. They suddenly were able to turn on the sound and switch the channel for us. They treated us so poorly. We will never go back.
- Downtown Hot Spotpgr1998VIPDined on 3/21/2014Emerald Loop has a vibrant bar scene combined with an amazing Menu. Order a fancy cocktail here; or stick to the beer (they have several good choices on tap), or something simple, like a bourbon on the rocks. While you drink, watch the game on the many big screen TV's . Conor O'Keefe and his staff make you feel comfortable the moment you walk in. A great place to eat and dine in the heart of Downtown Chicago.Special Features:
- Only real complaint is thatBSBMDined on 3/17/2014Only real complaint is that the doors let in lots of wind which made restaurant cold. They need to install a revolving door. Otherwise, a fine pub. Went there for St. Patricks day and considering crowds etc, they did a nice job. I would go back for another Guiness any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- st.paddy loveDetroitChicagolovinDined on 3/14/2014I really loved the layout and the hostess was nice. The fish tacos were off the chain. Also the server I think was just busy all day because she didn't check on us at all.Special Features:
- A great "go to" spot in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014A great "go to" spot in the Loop. Always great food and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a bar and a good restaurantEspoDined on 3/9/2014We went here before a show at the Chicago Theater. The hotel we were staying at gave us a coupon for a free app. We asked if we could susbstitute a wedge salad. Our server asked the manager & she said that was fine. Wedge salad was excellent! We had a couple drinks too. Server recommended a beer - Affligem & my dining partner LOVED it. We decided to order the Emerald burger w/fries & a blackened chicken sandwich w/the mac n cheese ($2 upcharge). The burger was cooked perfectly & the chicken was good too. Only problem is they mixed up the sides but no biggie. However the mac n' cheese was NOT worth the extra $2. it was bland & had no flavor. Actually the fries were better. I am not sure if it was an off night for the mac n' cheese or what!Special Features:
- Hit or missmandile23Dined on 3/6/2014We've been here before a show several times and I feel like it's always hit or miss. I've tried many of their salads and am always underwhelmed. We really do not like any of their dressings and the veggie salad was tiny. but I've had a steak there that was good and my sister loved their burger. We had iffy service once, but every other time, they've been attentive and helpful. We'll keep going there before shows because it is convenient - but we'll keep crossing our fingers that we order 'correctly' each time.Special Features:
- Nice TimeBR1964Dined on 3/2/2014Clean, friendly Great service , Price is just right,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsYummyDined on 2/18/2014Our waitress was great, the food was very good and plentiful. Definitely recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Late Dinner SuccessJeanieVIPDined on 2/5/2014Emerald Loop is always yummy and, working industry hours myself, I enjoy being able to have a nice dinner (and drinks OF COURSE) after a long shift, as their kitchen stays open late. The music is another of my favorite features to the place, playing mostly 90's and early 2000's alternative. The reason for four stars on the food is that they have changed their menu since the last time I was here and it no longer includes two of my favorite items, the spinach and artichoke dip and the Crazy Twist burger. Bummer, BUT they now have some DELICIOUS potato leek soup (my favorite kind) in a hefty portion, which is pretty unique. Service from Holly is always very personal and genuine. In short, we really appreciate your establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of noise but good foodWineloverDined on 1/24/2014Good beer selection. Not many choices but what they have is good solid Irish and American foodSpecial Features:
- Popular bar after work. AOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/22/2014Popular bar after work. A group of us with tickets to Goodman find it convenient (3 block walk to theater) and reasonably priced for Downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish Goodies & Pleasant StaffnomnomnomDined on 1/21/2014Loved the fried pickle ships (I've had elephant & castles which are more of a sandwich pickle fried - I prefer the fried pickle chips). Our waitress made this experience, she had an Irish accent, was super friendly, checked on us regularly. We went here for a 5:45pm reservation - they put up a little reserved sign which kinda made it feel special..but then again it was kinda awkward because it's more of a bar and I don't think too many people make reservations (there was a group of guys who did though). My meal was really good - I got the cajun shrimp mac n cheese, the shrimp was seasoned very well, I got a daisy cutter, it was $4.75 which is kinda unheard of downtown. My boyfriend said his hickory burger was okay, nothing fancy.Special Features:
- great food!ChiCityGirl3Dined on 1/18/2014Met up with friends, so we were a group of 7. The staff was accommodating and the food was great! Lots of options for bar food, but everything was tasty. I'd come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mix of traditional IrishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Great mix of traditional Irish and American fare. Friendly, competent service.Special Features:
- Good service ok foodDinnerisgood4uDined on 12/28/2013The service was great and they were open late. The food was okSpecial Features:
- Good for a night out with friendsstasiaVIPDined on 12/20/2013This place looked small from the outside, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I would say we were pleasantly surprised. Came in a group of 8, and they sat us on time, provided great service, and were perfectly fine splitting checks. The food was pretty good, considering I feel it's more of a bar/happy hour spot than a restaurant. But they really did a nice job making it still have that full-service restaurant feel even though you're kind of surrounded by the bar scene. I'd go back with a group of friends, but it's a little too noisy for a date or more intimate gathering of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful food even worse serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013The food was cold and dry. Service was non existent. We walked in and stood at the hostess podium waiting for someone to acknowledge us for a good 5 minutes. Awful awful place. Will NOT be coming back!