564 West Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.embeya.com/
- Phone: 3126125640x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11 30am-2 30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Asian
- Executive Chef: Thai Dang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Jefferson and Randolph
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from the Clinton stop on the green and pink line, as well as a few blocks from the 8 bus on Halsted and Randolph.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Embeya offers valet parking. There is also limited street parking on Randolph and Jefferson.
A word from Embeya
Embeya is a collaboration between international hospitality veteran Attila Gyulai (Four Seasons Hotels, Elysian Hotel Chicago), his Wife, Komal Patel (Milborne Real Estate, Sotheby's International) and Chef Thai Dang (3 Michelin L2O, 2 Michelin RIA). The trio united in their shared vision to showcase refined Asian cuisine in a chic and elegant space that is designed by Chicago's renowned Designer Karen Herold (Girl and the Goat, GT Fish, Balena). In addition to being nominated as Food & Wine's People's Best New Chef, and Zagat's Top 30 under 30, Embeya was recently awarded Esquire Magazine prestigious Best New Restaurant Award which honours the top 20 restaurants in the United States.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Embeya reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)special occasion (84)good for groups (57)romantic (56)notable wine list (44)hot spot (42)neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (11)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great food. No people.GeoffwithaGDined on 8/27/2014The food was great. The fixed price menu was a good deal. There were not a lot of other people which was great for conversation but makes me worried that Embeya will keep serving lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014When a place is run by people that truly love what they do. You can see it, and feel it. Its amazing how happy, passionate and hospitable everyone is here. Let me also add that the wine list is very well priced and the food is a grand slam. Top 5 in the city for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My "go-to" place in Chicago. Best!LoloVIPDined on 8/23/2014The menu, service, food and ambiance are unsurpassed in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- catcorncatcornDined on 8/22/2014What a find! Delicious all around. We had the steak, prawns, quail. Excellent menu choices. The side of corn was fantastic. Would go back again and again except that i live in Dallas. The services was just right too. Polite, helpful, accommodating. Food pacing from the kitchen was good as well.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Fantastic food. Incredible service. One of the best restaurants that I have been too.Special Features:
- great prix fixe lunchdadwritesVIPDined on 8/11/2014Very good place with an excellent 3-course prix fixe lunch. give it a try..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passion in ChicagoMRWRLDWDVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've been in Chicago for a month now and this is the first restaurant that fits the bill for how a restaurant should run. When the Director is the Manager, the passion exudes throughout the facility, the menu, the wine list, the staff... even the restrooms. Exciting menu, great service in a nice space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence All AroundChicagowifeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Fantastic food - not a single bad dish (and as a party of 4, we tried many). Great service on Thursday night. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Asian FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Sauces were to strong and over powered then taste of the ingredientsSpecial Features:
- Delightful Insightful Asian Foodgkg680Dined on 8/3/2014The Sunday Prix Fixe menu was wonderful, much more food than we expected, all delicious. The octopus was over-salted, but everything else was perfect. The creampuff dessert with a rich, green tea flavored filling and the plate of fresh fruits I had never seen or heard of before, were magnificent. Service was as it should be, attentive, but without hovering. My first visit to Embeya was quite nice, I hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRonSDined on 8/3/2014The simply sunday menu is a real treat. We experience foods we would never think of to order. Service is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience for a groupMSOConnorDined on 8/2/2014I brought a group of 10 to Embeya. We had some friends in town, and our other local friends had never been to this spot. They accommodated our group wonderfully. First, we fit well (sometimes group seating can be awkward). The service was great. They recommended the "tasting" menu. This was a great option. There was a ton of tasty food, several courses, and truly we were tasting different things from the menu. My friend said that she was so glad we did that, because she tried new things that she never would have chosen herself. We will be back-especially with a group and/or with out of town friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouisVIPDined on 8/2/2014We loved this place. The food was outstanding and even though it was a busy Saturday night with almost all tables filled, it was easy to hear the conversation at our table. These people know what they're doing.
- Best dining experience in ChicagostravaiginDined on 8/2/2014We've been here twice - every single menu item is superb. Cocktails are interesting and delicious; food is surprising, delightful and satisfying; service even on a busy night was attentive without pageantry. Terrific wine list!Special Features:
- Everything in BalanceJohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014The team at Embeya hold their professional skills and welcoming warmth in a perfect balance. The restaurant is at once chic and cool while making customers feel they've arrived at home from the first greeting at the door. The owners have the kind of single minded devotion to service and food that a great restaurant needs. Everyone from the bartenders to the chef and the servers are at the top level. The food is just amazing. Having eaten here on at least a dozen occasions since it opened, we often bring friends to acquaint them with our favorite place. The one problem we always have is simply, "How can we order EVERYTHING!" Embeya is a Chicago gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally current foody placejanschoiceVIPDined on 8/2/2014We decided to try something new and glad we went to Embeya. Atumosphere is casual, so don't overdress. Choose several appetizers and an entre each and share. We had the new corn and tomato appetizers which were fabulous - a bit spicey, but fabulos. Grilled quail was also tastey. My entre was the chicken that melted in my mouth - total a keeper dish for the restaurant. The rabbit was also great. If I had one mediocre comment, it would be the wine selection menu, which is extensive, but not well organized. For example, there are several pages of reislings, but in no specific order. The waiter indicated they were in the order of "body", but they should have been in the order of dryness. A few well placed headers to describe would help.Special Features:
- luvtoeatVIPDined on 7/31/2014We ate lunch here, and enjoyed the food. The portions were just enough to get full off of, but not enough to share.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-theatre dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014We had goodman theatre tickets and we got the best deal - $29 each for prix fix - it was delicious and plentiful! An Unbelievable value!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, innovative foodStill67Dined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed the delicious offerings at this lovely restaurant. It was a nice evening, so we ate outside. The noise level inside seemed like it may have been a little high. Everything was amazingly delicious, from the innovative cocktails to the complex flavors of the entrees. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- "Spectacular" doesn't say enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything was spot on, from the hostess greeting, to the last goodby, it couldn't have been better. Our server was excellent, had marvelous suggestions, and provided ideas for the next visit...which is a definite. The suggested wine pairings were unusual, but again, perfect. We can't wait to go back with some friends so they can enjoy this excellent find too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to faveLoloVIPDined on 7/18/2014I keep bringing everyone who wants to go out to dinner here. Regardless of their level of pickiness they have loved it without exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A312LocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014Would never recommend this place to anyone. The service was very good and the ambience is quite lovely, but the food is tasteless and very expensive. It was a major disappointment.
- Relaxed elegance and excellent foodKlaasneusVIPDined on 7/17/2014A wonderful experience: relaxed elegance, excellent food (compliments to the chef as always) and the warm personal touch of owners Kumal and Attila! Embeya stays a firm favourite for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting menunycdinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014interesting flavours, knowledgeable waiter and good value. the space is gigantic which makes an ambience a little tougher but it's such a pretty space.
- RaugajMeLunchDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good. Service was very slow there were not many people for lunch.Special Features:
- Always perfectLgrisolaVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is to die for. Healthy. Delicious. Beautiful. Service is always attentive but unobtrusive. I am so grateful for the food and flavors Embeya brings to the Loop. At night, the candles and beautifully designed interior make it one of the city's most romantic dinner choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014limited selection, menu different from one online, signficant use of coconut in sauces.Special Features:
- Finally Made It!!!UnderwhelmedVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have been trying to get to Embeya since they opened, and I have finally made it! Always ended up deciding not to go out for Asian, what a mistake. This place is phenomenal and it is surprising that they are not more popular. Cocktails were great. Food was great. Cant seem to say more other than I will be back as soon as I can. It is very satisfying to find a restaurant who can deliver amazing flavor and prep without the use of fats and salts like butter and bacon and other heavy meats and sauces. I had the duck to start and it was one of the most flavorful, but also lightest duck dish I have ever had. Usually leave after a great meal and I feel like I want to nap, but not here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!FoodLoverDined on 7/3/2014My husband, son and I dined for dinner. We heard great things about Embeya - and happened to be hanging out downtown and found an early reservation available. The food was amazing! Green papaya and the Crispy Duck appetizer were out of this world. Spring rolls were presented in a creative way and were delicious. For mains, we had the Mussels, Lobster and Rabbit. We tried two desserts, roasted peanut mousse and tropical jackfruit ice cream - my husband liked them but I thought they were just ok. We will be back, next time dressed for a night out and sans our 7 year old Mussel lover. Service was attentive, even given we had a kid with us and were dressed for a picnic instead of an early dinner out. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!winegeekDined on 7/1/2014We loved the restaurant, sharing 5 starters and 4 entrees for our group of 5, and each dish was outstanding! The eggplant, scallops and halibut were the favorites of the table. The service was great as well.Special Features:
- Breath of Fresh AirQuasiVeganFoodieVIPDined on 7/1/2014Had a great business lunch at Embeya last week. Both my colleague and I thought our meals were great - very creative, good value in the prix fixe, and delicious. The papaya salad with or without the proposed beef jerky is refreshing and a large enough portion to share as a first course. I ordered the sea bass and my friend had the seafood stew. Both sauces were worthy of savoring with the generous helping of rice we were provided. Most importantly, it's worth saving room for the creme puff dessert filled with matcha (fine green tea) creme. This is really a dessert worthy of eatting and large enough to share. Sooo good! We sat outside this time, but the inside ambiance is elegant and a little private. Discrete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- david TrebilocockwinesnobDined on 6/28/2014The best meal I"ve had in years, an all around fabulous dining experience , I came with my family and my youngest son (19) said that was his favorite restaurant ever now how's that for a complimentSpecial Features:
- Not as good as I hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was sub par based on what a friend that had dined there previously had said. The drinks were pretty good. The atmosphere is very cool, so that was nice. Overall, I would go back, but I hope for better food and service!
- Impeccable servicetlc916VIPDined on 6/27/2014Lived up to the hype. Lovely ambience, unique cocktails, exquisite food and perfect service. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious exotic selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014We love this place! This was our third time dining there. The whole fish entree is not to be missed. The green papaya appetizer is a must. Terrific mussels! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Try itRPMancusoVIPDined on 6/25/2014Outstanding ambiance, food and service. You will not be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!FoodieByDefaultDined on 6/25/2014I've been here on at least 5 separate occasions and can't say enough about how enjoyable both the service and food is at Embeya. It was my colleagues first time dining here and they both enjoyed the cuisine and admire the fab décor of course.
- Go To FaveLoloVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is my favorite place to go currently in Chicago. The ambience is both eclectic and soothing. I love the location. The food is exceptional-great items and seasonings. Combination brings out the best in every selection. The service is first class-attentive, not intrusive. I feel that they care about my experience. And the owners? Lovely, wise, authentic stars sharing this earth and sky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience.Free2bDined on 6/21/2014The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was exceptional, although the portions were slightly small for the price. We would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Love Embeys4happydinersVIPDined on 6/20/2014This is a very special restaurant with fabulous food, great service and beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.