564 West Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.embeya.com/
- Phone: 3126125640x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11 30am-2 30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Asian
- Executive Chef: Thai Dang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Jefferson and Randolph
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from the Clinton stop on the green and pink line, as well as a few blocks from the 8 bus on Halsted and Randolph.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Embeya offers valet parking. There is also limited street parking on Randolph and Jefferson.
A word from Embeya
Embeya is a collaboration between international hospitality veteran Attila Gyulai (Four Seasons Hotels, Elysian Hotel Chicago), his Wife, Komal Patel (Milborne Real Estate, Sotheby's International) and Chef Thai Dang (3 Michelin L2O, 2 Michelin RIA). The trio united in their shared vision to showcase refined Asian cuisine in a chic and elegant space that is designed by Chicago's renowned Designer Karen Herold (Girl and the Goat, GT Fish, Balena). In addition to being nominated as Food & Wine's People's Best New Chef, and Zagat's Top 30 under 30, Embeya was recently awarded Esquire Magazine prestigious Best New Restaurant Award which honours the top 20 restaurants in the United States.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Embeya reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)special occasion (87)good for groups (61)romantic (54)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Exceeded expectationdistill2diningDined on 9/13/2014Dining space is really lovely not to formal works for large or small groups. The service was impeccable. My out of town guests are seasoned foodies and a fine dining restaurant building contractor. We followed our server's suggestions from wine through cold, warm and main dishes and we were not disappointed. I look forward to next meal at Embeya to sample more of Chef Dang's work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative and deliciousGraceBKVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our dinner at Embeya was outstanding from start to finish - close to a 5 star experience. The space is lovely- large but very comfortable. Papaya salad was bright, crunchy and flavorful. Halibut in Curry was lightly sauced and very flavorful. Heirloom tomatoes, rabbit leg, tofu almond custard all great. We loved the wine list- not overly expensive but different. Service was attentive but not smothering. You were given time to enjoy your meal. Green beans were crisp and tasty. Not overly oily like many can be in Asian restaurants. All around a wonderful evening. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobskiVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were there for a business lunch, party of six. We all ordered from the prix fixe menu and were delighted with the food. Noise/activity level allowed easy conversation amongst the group while still allowing us to feel a certain level of privacy. Looking forward to going back for dinner.Special Features:
- Dlicious1Dined on 9/6/2014THE MOST delicious food ever, friendly and prompt service yet not overbearing, Pristine and sophisticated environment. Perfect for foodie fashionistas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Unknown Spot in the Cityjdwt24Dined on 9/6/2014I don't know why this place is so easy to get into but the food is amazing! I am sure that no matter what is the occasion, this place will meet all your expectations. Even the "chicken" dish on the menu is amazing....definitely need to try this place. Save room for dessert! The cream puff is amazing!Special Features:
- Delicious And Good For YouNeal2kDined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for a superb meal and great ambiance look no further. Out party of four tried the mussels, mango salad, shrimp, chicken, and lobster and every dish was prepared and seasoned to perfection. What was especially nice was that it seemed that all of the dishes were not made with butter nor high in fat. So often dining out is a heath risk, menus will always have low fat options but the "fun" dishes are high in fat. Going to one of the many steakhouses in Chicago is always a treat but at the end of the night all of that food takes its toll and you can walk out asking yourself, "what was I thinking". Not so at Embeya, if you want a great meal in a beautiful room without the gluttony this is the place!Special Features:
- Absolutely original and amazingLizzieDined on 9/6/2014I love this place. I highly recommend this restaurant! The food is original and spectacular! The staff is knowledgable and professional. The decor is amazing. This restaurant is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific in every waySoutherngirlinthemidwestDined on 9/6/2014Warm greeting, beautiful, modern space. Comfortable seating, knowledgeable and attentive wait staff is all there. But the food is the real star. The halibut main dish and the mussel starter were the highlights of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2014The food is outstanding. Just the right touch of vietnamese / thai influence. I had the seafood stew on the server's recommendation and loved it. A bit of a panang curry flavor. Not at all "fishy" even with scallops, mussels, and shrimp. Had a nice kick without blowing out the heat. In general the chef definitely did not dumb down the spice / heat. I like my Asian food "Asian people spicy", and some in my party thought the food was very hot. So the foodies will love it, and those who don't like spice might want to ask for a less spicy dish. Service was perfect. Decor is maybe a little spare and cold, but they're clearly going for that vibe. One knock: no Vietnamese-style coffee. Buy some sweetened condensed milk already! lolSpecial Features:
- Great food. No people.GeoffwithaGDined on 8/27/2014The food was great. The fixed price menu was a good deal. There were not a lot of other people which was great for conversation but makes me worried that Embeya will keep serving lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014When a place is run by people that truly love what they do. You can see it, and feel it. Its amazing how happy, passionate and hospitable everyone is here. Let me also add that the wine list is very well priced and the food is a grand slam. Top 5 in the city for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My "go-to" place in Chicago. Best!LoloVIPDined on 8/23/2014The menu, service, food and ambiance are unsurpassed in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- catcorncatcornDined on 8/22/2014What a find! Delicious all around. We had the steak, prawns, quail. Excellent menu choices. The side of corn was fantastic. Would go back again and again except that i live in Dallas. The services was just right too. Polite, helpful, accommodating. Food pacing from the kitchen was good as well.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Fantastic food. Incredible service. One of the best restaurants that I have been too.Special Features:
- great prix fixe lunchdadwritesVIPDined on 8/11/2014Very good place with an excellent 3-course prix fixe lunch. give it a try..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passion in ChicagoMRWRLDWDVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've been in Chicago for a month now and this is the first restaurant that fits the bill for how a restaurant should run. When the Director is the Manager, the passion exudes throughout the facility, the menu, the wine list, the staff... even the restrooms. Exciting menu, great service in a nice space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence All AroundChicagowifeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Fantastic food - not a single bad dish (and as a party of 4, we tried many). Great service on Thursday night. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Asian FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Sauces were to strong and over powered then taste of the ingredientsSpecial Features:
- LovelyDebbieDined on 8/5/2014Atmosphere was delightful. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and what drinks would best enhance your entree. Food was delicious and I also loved the fact that the majority of the food was gluten and dairy free. Pricing was just right. Lovely place and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Insightful Asian Foodgkg680Dined on 8/3/2014The Sunday Prix Fixe menu was wonderful, much more food than we expected, all delicious. The octopus was over-salted, but everything else was perfect. The creampuff dessert with a rich, green tea flavored filling and the plate of fresh fruits I had never seen or heard of before, were magnificent. Service was as it should be, attentive, but without hovering. My first visit to Embeya was quite nice, I hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRonSDined on 8/3/2014The simply sunday menu is a real treat. We experience foods we would never think of to order. Service is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience for a groupMSOConnorDined on 8/2/2014I brought a group of 10 to Embeya. We had some friends in town, and our other local friends had never been to this spot. They accommodated our group wonderfully. First, we fit well (sometimes group seating can be awkward). The service was great. They recommended the "tasting" menu. This was a great option. There was a ton of tasty food, several courses, and truly we were tasting different things from the menu. My friend said that she was so glad we did that, because she tried new things that she never would have chosen herself. We will be back-especially with a group and/or with out of town friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouisVIPDined on 8/2/2014We loved this place. The food was outstanding and even though it was a busy Saturday night with almost all tables filled, it was easy to hear the conversation at our table. These people know what they're doing.
- Best dining experience in ChicagostravaiginDined on 8/2/2014We've been here twice - every single menu item is superb. Cocktails are interesting and delicious; food is surprising, delightful and satisfying; service even on a busy night was attentive without pageantry. Terrific wine list!Special Features:
- Everything in BalanceJohnVIPDined on 8/2/2014The team at Embeya hold their professional skills and welcoming warmth in a perfect balance. The restaurant is at once chic and cool while making customers feel they've arrived at home from the first greeting at the door. The owners have the kind of single minded devotion to service and food that a great restaurant needs. Everyone from the bartenders to the chef and the servers are at the top level. The food is just amazing. Having eaten here on at least a dozen occasions since it opened, we often bring friends to acquaint them with our favorite place. The one problem we always have is simply, "How can we order EVERYTHING!" Embeya is a Chicago gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally current foody placejanschoiceVIPDined on 8/2/2014We decided to try something new and glad we went to Embeya. Atumosphere is casual, so don't overdress. Choose several appetizers and an entre each and share. We had the new corn and tomato appetizers which were fabulous - a bit spicey, but fabulos. Grilled quail was also tastey. My entre was the chicken that melted in my mouth - total a keeper dish for the restaurant. The rabbit was also great. If I had one mediocre comment, it would be the wine selection menu, which is extensive, but not well organized. For example, there are several pages of reislings, but in no specific order. The waiter indicated they were in the order of "body", but they should have been in the order of dryness. A few well placed headers to describe would help.Special Features:
- luvtoeatVIPDined on 7/31/2014We ate lunch here, and enjoyed the food. The portions were just enough to get full off of, but not enough to share.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-theatre dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014We had goodman theatre tickets and we got the best deal - $29 each for prix fix - it was delicious and plentiful! An Unbelievable value!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, innovative foodStill67Dined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed the delicious offerings at this lovely restaurant. It was a nice evening, so we ate outside. The noise level inside seemed like it may have been a little high. Everything was amazingly delicious, from the innovative cocktails to the complex flavors of the entrees. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- "Spectacular" doesn't say enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything was spot on, from the hostess greeting, to the last goodby, it couldn't have been better. Our server was excellent, had marvelous suggestions, and provided ideas for the next visit...which is a definite. The suggested wine pairings were unusual, but again, perfect. We can't wait to go back with some friends so they can enjoy this excellent find too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to faveLoloVIPDined on 7/18/2014I keep bringing everyone who wants to go out to dinner here. Regardless of their level of pickiness they have loved it without exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A312LocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014Would never recommend this place to anyone. The service was very good and the ambience is quite lovely, but the food is tasteless and very expensive. It was a major disappointment.
- Relaxed elegance and excellent foodKlaasneusVIPDined on 7/17/2014A wonderful experience: relaxed elegance, excellent food (compliments to the chef as always) and the warm personal touch of owners Kumal and Attila! Embeya stays a firm favourite for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting menunycdinerVIPDined on 7/14/2014interesting flavours, knowledgeable waiter and good value. the space is gigantic which makes an ambience a little tougher but it's such a pretty space.
- RaugajMeLunchDined on 7/11/2014Food was very good. Service was very slow there were not many people for lunch.Special Features:
- Always perfectLgrisolaVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is to die for. Healthy. Delicious. Beautiful. Service is always attentive but unobtrusive. I am so grateful for the food and flavors Embeya brings to the Loop. At night, the candles and beautifully designed interior make it one of the city's most romantic dinner choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014limited selection, menu different from one online, signficant use of coconut in sauces.Special Features:
- Finally Made It!!!UnderwhelmedVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have been trying to get to Embeya since they opened, and I have finally made it! Always ended up deciding not to go out for Asian, what a mistake. This place is phenomenal and it is surprising that they are not more popular. Cocktails were great. Food was great. Cant seem to say more other than I will be back as soon as I can. It is very satisfying to find a restaurant who can deliver amazing flavor and prep without the use of fats and salts like butter and bacon and other heavy meats and sauces. I had the duck to start and it was one of the most flavorful, but also lightest duck dish I have ever had. Usually leave after a great meal and I feel like I want to nap, but not here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!FoodLoverDined on 7/3/2014My husband, son and I dined for dinner. We heard great things about Embeya - and happened to be hanging out downtown and found an early reservation available. The food was amazing! Green papaya and the Crispy Duck appetizer were out of this world. Spring rolls were presented in a creative way and were delicious. For mains, we had the Mussels, Lobster and Rabbit. We tried two desserts, roasted peanut mousse and tropical jackfruit ice cream - my husband liked them but I thought they were just ok. We will be back, next time dressed for a night out and sans our 7 year old Mussel lover. Service was attentive, even given we had a kid with us and were dressed for a picnic instead of an early dinner out. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!winegeekDined on 7/1/2014We loved the restaurant, sharing 5 starters and 4 entrees for our group of 5, and each dish was outstanding! The eggplant, scallops and halibut were the favorites of the table. The service was great as well.Special Features: