9519 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.embersbayridge.com/
- Phone: 7187453700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Franklyn Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Embers Steakhouse
Embers Steakhouse is conveniently located in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. This steakhouse offers comfortable, warm surroundings and attentive service to compliment our exclusive casual fine-dining experience. Our specialty is Dry-Aged Beef grilled to perfection every time! We invite you to come in for lunch or dinner and enjoy our famous T-Bone for two, our Rib Eye with Huajillo Jus, our Filet Mignon, Prime Rib or Lamb Chops. At Embers, we also serve delicious crab cakes, grilled fish selections and regularly offer great pasta specials. Our menu also features a variable wine list which is always evolving! Enjoy wine by the glass or bottle. We also have a separate room for private events which holds up to 25 people, seated. For a la carte dining or a special occasion, Embers offers valet parking. We are closed on Mondays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Embers Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Bay Ridge ›
Embers Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2014I don't know why it took me so long to find Embers, but sure glad I did. Simply stated, this is a wonderful place.Special Features:
- kingkennDined on 10/9/2014Embers was a great suggestion from OPEN TABLE. I had the 20 ounce Rib Eye for $40.00, and it was PERFECT! I usually put salt on everything but it wasn't necessary on this night. Carlos My Pedro, our maitre d', was EXCELLENT! Suggestive, informative and always accessible. It was even better that we went on 1/2 price THURSDAY where bottles of wine are literally half priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatTheRavenDined on 10/4/2014You can't beat he prices at this Bay Ridge staple, ( $25.00) 14 oz sirloin steak dinner. Our dinner was the porterhouse for 2, with 2 sides and a bottle of house wine. The bill was $100.00 and the service was very good, the meat was cooked as ordered. However, if you are expecting your NYC steakhouse entree, you won't find it here. Simply, the food is good but not steakhouse great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueBayRidgeNewbieDined on 10/3/2014I have been going to Embers for 20 years. I used to live close to Peter Luger but always preferred Embers. An excellent value. Service is always attentive and the ambiance is comfortable/cozy. Had a great meal there last Friday with my nephew--a real steak lover. He was very impressed with the food and the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpurbSurpurbDined on 9/27/2014Best filet I've ever had. Period. Service was second to none. Truly, great food.Special Features:
- what a wonderful experiencedragonlady221Dined on 9/25/2014It has been several years since I had the pleasure of eating at Embers and I am so glad that it remains the wonderful experience I remember. The service and the food, absolutely great. And, food which was wrapped, was prepared with terrific attention to detail.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemHughDined on 9/23/2014Great food and great service. You cant go wrong! My wife and I had steaks that were cooked to perfection and the potato pie is killer. and on top of that the prices are so reasonable. Embers is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation does not fitSteakJunkieDined on 9/10/2014Went to Embers because I heard a lot of good things and I couldn't get a last minute reservation at a Manhattan steak house. The wait staff was very good. The steak however was not as juicy as I'd hoped or as big. I ended up using the house steak sauce which was very good just to give the steak some flavor. The sides looked liked they've been sitting somewhere for a little while and the salad was very small. Overall the price was manageable however I would've paid more if they gave more.
- Wonderful Meal, Great ServiceCatwithaCDined on 9/7/2014The food at Embers is always excellent, and this time was no exception. The wait staff is very friendly and could not be more accommodating. Everyone in my party was very pleased and left very happy!!Special Features:
- Great meal without steakhouse price1ynkefanDined on 9/6/2014I've been going to Embers for 10 years now. I always have a great food experience. You get just the right amount food, and they're just as good as other expensive steak houses I have been to. Always a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014nice menu. good service. great glass of house cabernet. will go back.Special Features:
- Service and food was outstandingLorryDined on 8/23/2014Everyone was very friendly, atmosphere fantastic, all of the food was absolutely delicious and would highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner w/ the in lawsDgirl518Dined on 8/22/2014my in laws to be were in from Florida and its always been one of their favorites and it was still great, couldnt go wrong with the pre- fixe they offered, the steaks were great, we enjoyed our dinner and company. i will be back again soon!!Special Features:
- Always great to come here.JGRODined on 8/8/2014Friendly atmosphere, superb food specially steaks. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- enjoyed the service and the foodannmarieVIPDined on 7/28/2014I will be going there on a regular basis. The staff is very friendly and food great.Special Features:
- Great placefoodieDined on 7/18/2014Great food and service.... Steaks are cooked perfectly and very reasonably priced!!!! Go with the dry aged selections, and definitely get the potato pie!
- MoelabDined on 7/17/2014We went for my wife's birthday with our son and DIL. We are never disappointed here. Always good food and good service at a good price.Special Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Embers Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Great Father's Day dinner!RobertDined on 6/14/2014Incredible steaks, great overall experience! Nice atmosphere for a great meal, looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jilloDined on 6/14/2014Embers is a great place to celebrate that special occasion with friends. The food is to die for. The porterhouse steak for two is so soft it practically melts in your mouth. For dessert the peach melba is a must have. I have been to embers on many occasions I was never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service fair fooddisappointed14Dined on 6/14/2014Went in for lunch waited 15 minutes for menu. Once we received menu ordered cold antipasto (delicious) then waited 45 minutes for sandwiches which where fair. This place is a staple in neighborhood and I have been here before. Lunch states on menu sandwich comes with fries and pickle and when asking fornpickle waiter said only burgers come with pickles ridicilous. Quite pricey and even the the bill was done wrong on the high side. In all terrible experience will never go back againSpecial Features:
- Amazing steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This is the place to go for a steak dinner. They have fresh, high-quality beef, and they certainly know how to prepare it. Had the filet mignon, one of the best I've had in quite a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annmarieVIPDined on 5/14/2014enjoyed this place loved it being in the neighborhood great service and good steaks will go again. thanks for the great serviceSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Porterhouse for TwoBayRidgeFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2014Ember's Steakhouse has a lovely, quiet ambiance; the staff was attentive, the Porterhouse steak was cooked perfectly and was absolutely delicious. Their potato pie is a "must have" side dish. The caesar salad was cold and crispy but could have used more dressing. Nice quiet bar and the bartender, Tom, could not have been nicer when we joined him for after dinner drinks. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embers a treat...DinerMcEaterVIPDined on 4/15/2014...as usual, always have a great time for dinner, just right for adult diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bay Ridge bestBuddyDined on 4/14/2014The best meal I have had since moving to the Ridge 4 years ago in an area of good restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what they once wereGregVIPDined on 3/25/2014I remember embers being an upscale cool steakhouse to go to and now it seemed like a glorified diner. There were two people in the whole restaurant and the modern look they were trying to achieve is far worse than what it once looked like. It used to look like a traditional steakhouse which is what people want. Service was great and people were nice but i won't be back unfortunately. I knew I was in trouble when I walked in and some employee was in front smoking a cigarette and walked in with me. Classy restaurants wouldn't let that happen.
- Birthday celebrationBonnie1202Dined on 3/22/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. We have been to many of the steakhouses in Bay Ridge and we had never gone to Embers. Since they have been there for a long time, I wanted to try it. Did not disappoint. I had the double pork chop cooked with Hot Cherry Peppers. It was delicious but so big I could not finish. Took it home and had it the next night. Enjoyed it just as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencealmarDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful restaurant in the heart of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Everything about the dinner was perfect. The drink from the bar was great,the salad was perfect and the steak we shared was wonderful. Just make sure to save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse in BrooklynsunshineDined on 3/15/2014Returned after long absence and was very happy to see the Embers very much as good as ever. Very good quality steak, service and atmosphere. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent....RmacDined on 3/10/2014Better steaks & better prices than Peter Lugers ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hosted a party for nineMargieDined on 3/7/2014I hosted a party for nine people and everything was great. The food, service and value was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Brooklyn Gem!HDinerDined on 2/27/2014I hand' been to Embers in quite some time, but needed a place to meet my brother for dinner. I am happy to report that Embers was just as good as I remembered it being. This is a terrific go-to place that I will be visiting again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak In NeighborhoodBorisDined on 2/23/2014We went to grab dinner on a Sunday night. The kitchen was closing at 8:30 and we were running late. The Maitre D was kind enough to sit us at 8:20 with no issues. First off we had the calamari and muscles in red sauce. Both were fresh and tasty. Our friend ordered the aged t-bone and we order the aged porterhouse for two. Can you say DELICIOUS? The steaks were the bomb definitely worth the price. If you're considering outback or embers you should probably go to outback because you have no idea what a real steak is. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner at embers last weekend. We always enjoy a new dining experience in Brooklyn not wanting to feel we need to travel to Manhattan to have a nice meal. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Loved it!MarchicDined on 2/14/2014The staff was great. Nice patrons, and most importantly, delicious food! It's not cheap, but you def get what you pay for. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood steakhouseDoc255VIPDined on 2/14/2014The steak was good and nice renovated bar and dining room. Service wS attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines dinnertaranjrDined on 2/14/2014we went for valentines day the food was delicious the service was a little slow but the overall experience was great will be returning soonSpecial Features:
- Off night perhapsTraceyPDined on 2/5/2014Went early with my father and grown children. There was one other table of two there. Service was extremely slow, food came out sporadically and only room temperature. Bad night perhaps.
- took too longralphDined on 2/2/2014The food was excellent... from beginning to end ... outstanding ... But we entered the restaurant @ 2:30pm and didn't leave until 6:30pm ... there were two other tables working at the time ... We were a table of 12, but It just took way too long to bring out each course ...Special Features:
- $eriously? Move on...BayRidgeProfDined on 1/18/2014Wow. So sorry we planned a dinner with old friends at this place. There seemed to be NOBODY IN CHARGE!!! On a Saturday peak dinner hour and it seemed to be run by the waiters alone...if there was a maitre 'd we sure didn't see any sign of him/her... We were given the choice of two cramped, poorly situated tables and we felt overlooked and unimportant. It took a LONG time to be approached...a LONG time to get drinks...a LONG time to get our order. When the order came. not one was correct. Not ONE! Potato was wrong or veggie was wrong or cut of (expensive) meat was wrong. Seriously? And all this came to close to $300.00 for 4 people with no appetizers, only 2 glasses of wine (total-- not each...) and one martini. (skimpy martini.)