106 E Adams Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emberbreck.com/
- Phone: 9705479595x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Scott Boshaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ember offers take-away catering as well as fully-staffed off-site catering services. We can accommodate any need, for parties of any size.
- Private Party Facilities: Ember is the perfect setting for private parties, wedding receptions, birthdays, and business gatherings. Chef Scott can design a personalized menu for your occasion no matter your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Max Everhart 9705479595x
A word from Ember
A new restaurant in Breckenridge built on the reputation and talent of Chef/Owner Scott Boshaw. "Never rest on your laurels," are words Scott lives by and this is evident in his globally-influenced menu and the contemporary styling of this historical Victorian home. We invite you for après-ski at the bar, a casual dinner with friends, or a romantic evening. Put a spark in your night. Let us warm your soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ember reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)romantic (31)special occasion (30)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Expected MoreNancySGVIPDined on 7/19/2014Saw some really good reviews about this place, but I must admit we were disappointed. They really tried to be creative and inventive, but sometimes it just didn't work. The redneck salads sounded great, but it really needed more than the sorbet for a dressing - it was dry and not as flavorful as it could be. We were seated in the main dining room, which I think would be nice in the winter. It was just so-so in the summer. food was good, just not as great as we had read. Gluten free friendly (GF menu available), so that is a big plus if you need it.Special Features:
- Reliably good foodNjwatxDined on 7/18/2014Ember has a quiet, intimate setting indoors and a beautiful, spacious patio outdoors. There's no problem hearing a conversation with your dinner partner inside, even when the restaurant is full. The food is unique and tasty. They served my scallops in an over-sized plate with the food arranged in one corner, making me think they forgot the rest of my order! I think hearty eaters would be disappointed with the portion sizes, but that does not stop us from going back to enjoy Ember whenever we visit Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embers does it rightboulder4foodDined on 7/18/2014We had one of the best dining experiences during our visit to Embers on Friday night. The food was amazing, and the service was just perfect. This was a great find for our one day visit to Breckenridge. My wife is a vegan, and the chef created something special for her, and she couldn't say enough about how wonderful and unique it was. Our waiter even got her to go back to the kitchen to thank the chef. Great wine, great food, great service, its the trifecta!!Special Features:
- Inventive food, romantic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I made this our one "no kids" dinner during our week in Breck. It was a great choice. Great food and even better service. And I loved that it wasn't the type of place to slap down a giant platter of food with portions big enough for an entire family to share; it was sized just right.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014We had a great dinner at Ember this week. We tried the cocktails, appetizers, and main dishes and everything was outstanding! We had the scallops, the pork and the vegetarian sweet potato bucatini for our entrees. All were exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceMikeDined on 7/16/2014This place is a gem! Wonderful food combinations presented beautifully! The chef is dynamic and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemOrrlfrdVIPDined on 7/15/2014Don't often write I review but felt compelled this time. The restaurant was amazing from the romantic atmosphere to the outstanding food. Every dish was prepared beautifully. We had the roasted tomato soup which I believe was a special that evening and it was to die for. For our entrée we had the scallops which again were amazing. You won't go wrong on this dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuLuv2dineDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our meal but it wasn't memorable. Nice atmosphere but tables are a bit small. Good cocktail menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Visit to EmberTraciPDined on 7/12/2014We made a reservation(recommended)and had a terrific experience. Jake was our server he took excellent care of us, even recommended a nice N/A drink for me(pregnant)while my husband had a delicious sour beer. We started with the Peach Caprese, a great combination of sweet and salty, a nice snack to kick off the evening. We ordered Buffalo and Waygu Beef for dinner, both terrific and included the most thoughtful, creative sides to really compliment the meal. For dessert, we had the Coconut Cream Pie, which was exceptional, especially the tingly taste of the habanero mousse, again, who would have thought to pair creamy coconut and a spice like habanero. Overall,a wonderful experience, we will make this a regular stop every time we visit BreckSpecial Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014The chef is consistently creative both with unusual flavors and beautiful presentation--always something new and delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful Creative MenugreenvalleyDined on 7/8/2014This is a very sophisticated place. Excellent food, nice selection of wines, friendly and attentive service. We had wonderful scallops in a pistachio crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal expertly preparednemanickVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had an amazing meal at Ember. We started with cocktails with Todd the bartender. He thoughtfully and creatively prepared delicious drinks that went well with the summer season. We proceeded to try everything on the "Kindle" menu (small plates) and thoroughly enjoyed each dish. The best were the lamb cheek tacos and venison carnitas standing out above the rest. Our waiter brought the dishes out in a great order, and explained each dish in detail.Special Features:
- Nice FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2014Food was good, great service. Not the best patio for outdoor dining in Breck.
- Fanastic will go againWpos57Dined on 7/7/2014My wife and I went to Ember for the first time and loved it.The staff was amazing the food was even better.I ordered the Scallops and they were the best I ever had they just melted away they were not chewy at all.My wife ordered the Pork Lion stuffed with crab with a Mac n Cheese which she just loved.The thing we liked best was it was very relaxing atmosphere we will most definitely go again.Special Features:
- Always a delighful surpriseDarleneVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have dined there dozens of times and it is always wonderful!Special Features:
- Ember was fantasticKeystonekopsDined on 7/5/2014Our party of 4 dined during the busy July 4th weekend. The service was outstanding, and the food was simply amazing. The appetizers, including the peach caprese pizza and the venison carnitas were delicious, inventive and as beautiful to look at as they were to eat! Our main courses ranged from seared scallops, divinely prepared and presented, to succulent steak and delicious monkfish. Each entree was accompanied by an array of tantalizing sauces and garnishes! And each was a visual treat - artfully prepared and presented. Chef Scott is exceptionally talented, and Max and Jake did a tremendous job of welcoming and serving our group. If you love great food and creative presentations, go directly to Ember! You will be so glad that you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014This was a pleasant surprise. Interesting blend of culinary influences.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRamToughDined on 6/29/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday in from out of town, might have been the best food I have ever had. The staff was friendly and on top of their game. If you are in this area and celebrating something special this is a great place to do it.Special Features:
- Try the cocktails.BreckTouristaDined on 6/28/2014The bartender mixes cocktails that are complex and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedBionicaDined on 6/27/2014I am a foodie and the cuisine here is spectacular....really interesting sauces. The best scallops I've ever had.....I know, 'she ordered scallops in the mountains?! Really!' The sauce was made with St. Germaine which I've never had before.....it was so yummy. We sat at the bar and if you want a lively fun experience, sit there even if tables are available. We got to know all the dinners.....only 8 others and it was a very fun evening. We were celebrating a birthday.....perfect place to go.Special Features:
- City feel in the MountainsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014My wife and I were able to enjoy a date night alone at Ember during our family vacation to Beeckeniridge. Their specialty drinks were unique and full had multiple layers of flavor. We even requested custom drinks with jalapeño vodka that were excellent if you like a little spice. For appetizers we had the lamb cheek tacos that had a nice Asian/Mexican fusion flair. We shared the Waygu beef as our meal and thoroughly enjoyed it. Many people hear that a place is good for foodies and assume you get small portions. We had plenty to eat and left full. Finally, our server, Parker made the entire experience come together with attention and care that few waiters give to their tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RodAVIPDined on 6/21/2014The menu is not extensive but has some excellent choices and they change it about 3 times a year. My wife had crab stuffed pork loin and I had a wagu steak. Both tasted great. The service was excellent. Our waiter, Jake, was very attentive and friendly. We'd recommend to anyone visiting Breck.
- Our Favourite Restaurant in BreckLoveTOEatDined on 6/17/2014We love this place--the ingredients are always creative and unusual and work so well together. We took a couple of New Yorkers there and THEY were impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Breckenridge Spot off Main StOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014Jake was fun, fast and knowledgable as a server. Although menu was not extensive, it had great flavors and sauces and sides were tastefully matched to entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeStanLVIPDined on 6/13/2014Chef, Scott Boshaw, does amazing things with excellent ingredients. The plates come out like art. The flavors are sensational. Food like this would be competitive with fine restaurants in San Francisco or NYC, but would cost three times as much. The place is very homey-comfortable and the service is very good. Wine list is quite broad and priced very reasonably. Ask for Jake the waiter; the guy with the crazy hats.Special Features:
- Great place!Denver77Dined on 6/12/2014Great service, ambiance, and unique entrees! Service was wonderful! Cocktails were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and DrinkERaz5280Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent and original food. I had the elk which was outstanding but my wife's chicken was the best. It was a chicken breast with a Side of carrot infused buffalo wing style sauce. Super creative and delicious. Todd the bartender would give the Dos Equis guy a run for his title of " Most Interrsting Man In the World." Ate at the bar and loved Todd's foodie insights. Only gripe was a long-ish wait at check in. Everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerDR07Dined on 5/31/2014Ember is a great find in Breckenridge. The menu is very small, but well thought-out; a different spin on fusion. The food is very visually appealing as well. Service was also great.Special Features:
- The following 537 reviews are from the Ember reviews archive.
- Perfect occasion spotAandADined on 5/24/2014A perfect intimate spot for a foodie's Friday night, a date, or a special occasion. The food was wonderful - 5 star plates in a small mountain town setting. The service was spot on, everyone was friendly, and we were very happy with our choice to celebrate a special day.Special Features:
- EmberOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2014Creative menu and excellent staff and service. I just would be one of Breckenridge's is top-of-the-line restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find5u7chVIPDined on 4/19/2014Every dish we ordered was great and the rest of the menu looked great.Special Features:
- Local ChefTexasskibunny21Dined on 4/9/2014Elk was extremely tough almost chewy.. Quail was way too spicy.. Pear salad wS excellent and wine was excellent.. Service was perfect..Special Features:
- The menu had a lot of goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014The menu had a lot of good options and we really enjoyed the food. The server made a perfect wine reocmmendation. All of the staff were friendly and accomdating. . Overall it was a great experience and we already recommended Ember to others..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary in every way!TeganDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I were regulars at Cafe Alpine and absolutely mourned its closing. After moving to Boulder from Breck and finding out that Scott, a Cafe Alpine Chef, took the helm and opened Ember, we couldn't wait to visit. Because Cafe Alpine was a beloved, first class restaurant, our expectations were high, yet Ember still seriously impressed us! Our waiter, Jeff, was perfect and the food, OH MY, the food! From appetizers to dessert, every scrumptious offering was creatively and expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Great wine list too! Plus, Ember offers you the option of sampling delights at an upscale, happening bar if you're not up to dinner just like its predecessor. Dining experience worthy of a bucket list. A Breck must do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2014Ember excels at providing a true chefs-inspired surprise at every corner. All of the culinary creations are presented well and are fantastic. I have enjoyed the elk and scallops and have thoroughly enjoyed the gourmet creations.Special Features:
- Nice dinner out in BreckenridgeDenverdinerDined on 4/1/2014We had a very nice dining experience at Ember. The food was delicious and the service was spectacular. A good place to take that special loved one for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our faves in BreckOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2014My favorite mixed drink of all time is the Sexy Woman! It is sweet and spicy! We love the spicy pampadams and dip to munch on instead of bread. This time we split a delicious pear and cheese salad to start followed by quail stuffed with cornbread over a spicy barbecue sauce. We loved it so much our waiter took us to the kitchen to meet the chef. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really First RatePragmatistDined on 3/30/2014Accommodating staff, excellent food, great location. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- Unique choices - great presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant in what used to be a historic home in the middle of Breckenridge. Our group of four each ordered a different unique option off of the menu. Each of us enjoyed our own special choice with a nice wine pairing from the extensive wine list. The menu is not too long - but each choice is well thought out. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times and excellent mealConniemccDined on 3/21/2014We dined at Ember while on vacation with friends. The meal was fabulous. I had the scallops and the otter 3 in our party had the elk. We all loved out meals! Jake G was our waiter and had superb recommendations from the appetizers to the wine and entrees. Would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.