106 E Adams Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emberbreck.com/
- Phone: 9705479595x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Scott Boshaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ember offers take-away catering as well as fully-staffed off-site catering services. We can accommodate any need, for parties of any size.
- Private Party Facilities: Ember is the perfect setting for private parties, wedding receptions, birthdays, and business gatherings. Chef Scott can design a personalized menu for your occasion no matter your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Max Everhart 9705479595x
A word from Ember
A new restaurant in Breckenridge built on the reputation and talent of Chef/Owner Scott Boshaw. "Never rest on your laurels," are words Scott lives by and this is evident in his globally-influenced menu and the contemporary styling of this historical Victorian home. We invite you for après-ski at the bar, a casual dinner with friends, or a romantic evening. Put a spark in your night. Let us warm your soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ember reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)special occasion (66)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (10)scenic view (10)good for groups (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ExcellentlesemoryDined on 9/13/2014The service was very nice and the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat DisappointedHosaDined on 9/11/2014Our favorite in past visits was their crispy bread substitute. Recipe must have changed, hotter, tasted much different,not near as good. Wife's chicken was good, my pork tenderloin was tough. New chief since Summer of 13 ? Ember has been one of our top 3 in Breck, and will try again in Jan. when back to ski.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Dining ExperienceSusanJDined on 9/10/2014Ember is a great dining experience with a variety of chef-prepared food items, both appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- Good enoughTeraDined on 9/5/2014Bartender was very talkative with his friends at the bar but a bit standoffish to us, although he was attentive. Menu is very limited, food was good but nothing I would run back for. Service was very good. I have dined at this spot before Ember bought it and I enjoyed it before much better.Special Features:
- TrishaTriTomDined on 9/4/2014We had a bad experience here with service in particular about a year ago, but decided to give it another try. It was well worth it. Everything was perfect---the food was creative and cooked to perfection; the service couldn't have been better! Brandon was knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations on food and wine.Special Features:
- Inattentive ServicejimofseattleVIPDined on 9/3/2014I had a good serving of well-prepared ono, but everything else was unsatisfactory because our waiter lavished attention on a neighboring table while letting us sit for over ten minutes with dirty plates before us. While we were sitting with dirty dishes, another worker cleared tables on the deck that had been vacated thirty minutes earlier. This was not the good experience I had hoped to have.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Great as always!!!! From the service to the food Excellent!! Wonderful nite!Special Features:
- Excellent food, cute, good serviceKyleVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our first time eating at Ember and it was a GREAT surprise. I started with a salad that had lardon croutons and this fabulous "sorbet" dressing that melted into the salad. It was one of the most creative dishes I've had in along time. Very flavorful. My husband had the sweet potato pasta and I had the scallops. Both were delicious. The scallops were seared perfectly and they melted in my mouth. So good! We didn't have room for dessert but next time. Our waiter made excellent recommendations when we asked what he suggested.Special Features:
- One of the BestMeandMyBrideVIPDined on 8/31/2014The fact that Ember is truly one of the best meals we've had anywhere makes this appropriately one of the best meals in Breckinridge. Don't miss this place while in Breckinridge.Special Features:
- Eat here everytime I'm in town.EclecticdinerDined on 8/31/2014Food was wonderful as usual. But this time service was very unfriendly. Kirk needs to remember its a real downer when your server is obviously not interested in serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ember the Best of BreckenridgemelpeggyDined on 8/31/2014Ember is our favorite restaurant in Breckenridge. The food is innovative and delicious. The service staff is efficient and friendly. The maitre de remembered that we were about to go on a trip the last time we were there. That kind of attention is immeasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A foodie spot in BreckBabs61Dined on 8/30/2014Ember was very good but some food items were better than others. The lamb tacos were delicious as were the tamales but the pork loin was overcooked. Scallops were delicious and our server, Parker was great. Very small restaurant with lovely ambiance but because it is so small if the party before you is running over your reservation sitting may be delayed. Food presentation was lovely.Special Features:
- Disappointed for first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I go to Ember from time to time. It is typically superb. This evening, however, I was very disappointed. After a menus rework, The crab stuffed pork loin dish was not well conceived. Worse, however, the pork was significantly underdone. Very pink and cool. Most of it wasn't really edible for me.
- Must visitValentineGirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went there during family vacation. We tried the best restaurants in town almost everyday and this was the best of them all. Chef combined food ingredients of various cuisine of the world to form original & creative menu which resulted in extremely tasty dishes. For appetizers, we had the lamp tacos, carnitas in a tamale shell, and calamari. For dinner we had the sweet potato pasta, pork chop, monk fish, and buffalo tenderloin. ALL were absolutely delicious! Waiters were professional, friendly & knowledgeable, and the restaurant had a great energy just like its chef. We are very happy to end our vacation in Breckenridge at Ember's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJimmDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding food! The scallops were tremendous, the chicken was the best ever! Spaghetti squash with the chicken was delightful. Great wine list and just a superb dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentRicycleDined on 8/21/2014My third time at Ember. Exquisite food and service. Would highly recommend as a first choice in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ember, Breckenridge, COgolferladyDined on 8/19/2014Ember, owned by a local chef, should not be missed. The food presentation is excellent, service very good, food is delicious and the ambiance is delightful. There are areas upstairs available for privacy, or a group, should that be what you desire. Eating upstairs or downstairs, or out on the patio on a lovely evening, you will be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...GourmandVIPDined on 8/18/2014I hadn't been to Ember in quite a while. Sometimes, I feel that they try too hard to been innovative and should just stick to preparing good food. One time I was there and they had fried eatable bugs (crickets?) as a garnish...really? In a relaxed ski town? This time, I ordered the scallops which had good flavor, but very mushy...not good. And the risotto was incredibly dry and sticky. I was hungry, so I ate it...my husband's meal was fine...just a starter. I'll give them one more try in the future. We sat at the bar...bartender was great with generous pours!
- EmberKTelVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our dinner at Ember was very good. My wife had the monk fish and thoroughly enjoyed her meal. I had the chicken breast and it was very good. A fine meal in downtown Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Breckenridge SaviorCaraalexDined on 8/10/2014After 4 days on vacation in Breckenridge, CO, my husband and I were begining to wonder if there were any great restaurants in town. Well, after our dining experience at Ember, I can say our answer, thankfully, is "Yes". We had an absolutely wonderful dining experience from the food, to ambience, to the amazing friendly service. We started out the meal with calamari and the duck gumbo, wonderfully complex, tasty dishes. The duck gumbo was a standout dish, but for anyone reading this review it will not be available, it was a daily special. Try the soup. I recomment the smors dessert. Yummy! I can't end this review without complimenting our server, Parker. He helped make this meal a truly memorable experience. Thanks, Parker.Special Features:
- Ignite your taste budsRobbiBVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ember is such a treat in Breckenridge. Make sure and sample one of their inventively creative cocktails with custom infused liquors if you're feeling adventurous. The menu changed seasonally so there's always something new to try. We've never been disappointed with anything we've tried.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Have eaten here several times and it is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. Great menu and serviceSpecial Features:
- The bestJimenaDined on 8/7/2014Simply the best retaurant in Breckenridge!! I come every summer and find great surprises in the menu! My favorite restaurant by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner in BreckPhageDined on 8/2/2014First, if you go here make a reservation. Too many people were turned away during our dinner because they didn't have reservations. The restaurant is well appointed and contemporary. Our server, Jake, was great! A server who knows the menu, has an informed opinion, and can serve with grace is a true gem. We found the menu to be so much more than expected in Breck. Wonderful, creative food pairings left us wanting to come back again. Serving sizes were more than adequate - the hardest choice of the night was the decision to brush my teeth or not; the lingering tastes were that good.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner SpotSusanJDined on 8/1/2014We've visited this restaurant for several years and I must say this was one of the best meals we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden Gem!SCSIDDined on 7/29/2014Ember is the best place we ate on our four-day escape to Breckenridge. It's not on Main Street (though only 1/2 block off the main drag), so I hardly ever saw lines when we walked past. I could see how the menu might scare some people away. The ingredients in the course descriptions don't always look like they would work well together, but the chef does a great job of making a balanced dish that tastes great. I had the Monkfish, and it was fantastic! If the altitude hadn't been bothering me on that particular day, I would have gone for something off the "kindle" menu as well. We chose the fudge chocolate ice cream swirled with pecans and bacon, with a maple glaze for desert, and were not disappointed. Definitely check this place out!Special Features:
- New Breck FavoriteNightontheTownDined on 7/29/2014We had an absolutely awesome dinner here last week. The monkfish was some of the best I've ever had, the scallops were incredible. We had a very nice bottle of a light red Italian wine by Fontanabianca recommended by our server. Parker was awesome, there when you needed him, knowledgeable about the menu with excellent recommendations, making it a great experience. We really didn't want it to be over so we went to the bar after dessert for a nightcap. Try the Coconut Cream Pie with Habanero Mousse for a flavor explosion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!debbers5Dined on 7/29/2014We went there for a birthday dinner and they didnt disappoint. Their duck pizza appetizer was wonderful; the scallops encrusted with pistachios were superb and the chocolate/bacon ice cream was the best! The wine list covers a nice selection of different regions, grapes, etc. Our server was attentive and engaging. He was helpful in deciding on one of their specialty drinks and also with our dinner choices. A great experience and not too hard on the budget considering the quality.Special Features:
- AngelaAngelaFromIowaDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I were on vacation from the midwest and celebrated his birthday at Ember with a romantic dinner. The decor/building is unique and comfortable. The staff was excellent providing great friendly service and were very knowledgeable about the dishes. Everything we ordered was very good and I recommend the lamb cheek tacos and venison carnitas for local fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Breckenridge!LisaJaneDined on 7/26/2014We had a great meal. From the beginning to end, the staff goes the extra mile to make the dining experience exceptional. The food was delicious. The bar is a fun place for a cocktail and some small plates. Great bartender and fun cocktails. I will return!Special Features:
- Terrific!RasgueadoDined on 7/24/2014Outstanding food and service. The chef has a great sense of flavor pairings and culinary creativity. I look forward to returning to Ember whenever opportunities arise to go to Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreNancySGVIPDined on 7/19/2014Saw some really good reviews about this place, but I must admit we were disappointed. They really tried to be creative and inventive, but sometimes it just didn't work. The redneck salads sounded great, but it really needed more than the sorbet for a dressing - it was dry and not as flavorful as it could be. We were seated in the main dining room, which I think would be nice in the winter. It was just so-so in the summer. food was good, just not as great as we had read. Gluten free friendly (GF menu available), so that is a big plus if you need it.Special Features:
- Reliably good foodNjwatxVIPDined on 7/18/2014Ember has a quiet, intimate setting indoors and a beautiful, spacious patio outdoors. There's no problem hearing a conversation with your dinner partner inside, even when the restaurant is full. The food is unique and tasty. They served my scallops in an over-sized plate with the food arranged in one corner, making me think they forgot the rest of my order! I think hearty eaters would be disappointed with the portion sizes, but that does not stop us from going back to enjoy Ember whenever we visit Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embers does it rightboulder4foodDined on 7/18/2014We had one of the best dining experiences during our visit to Embers on Friday night. The food was amazing, and the service was just perfect. This was a great find for our one day visit to Breckenridge. My wife is a vegan, and the chef created something special for her, and she couldn't say enough about how wonderful and unique it was. Our waiter even got her to go back to the kitchen to thank the chef. Great wine, great food, great service, its the trifecta!!Special Features:
- Inventive food, romantic atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I made this our one "no kids" dinner during our week in Breck. It was a great choice. Great food and even better service. And I loved that it wasn't the type of place to slap down a giant platter of food with portions big enough for an entire family to share; it was sized just right.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014We had a great dinner at Ember this week. We tried the cocktails, appetizers, and main dishes and everything was outstanding! We had the scallops, the pork and the vegetarian sweet potato bucatini for our entrees. All were exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceMikeDined on 7/16/2014This place is a gem! Wonderful food combinations presented beautifully! The chef is dynamic and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemOrrlfrdVIPDined on 7/15/2014Don't often write I review but felt compelled this time. The restaurant was amazing from the romantic atmosphere to the outstanding food. Every dish was prepared beautifully. We had the roasted tomato soup which I believe was a special that evening and it was to die for. For our entrée we had the scallops which again were amazing. You won't go wrong on this dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuLuv2dineDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our meal but it wasn't memorable. Nice atmosphere but tables are a bit small. Good cocktail menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Visit to EmberTraciPDined on 7/12/2014We made a reservation(recommended)and had a terrific experience. Jake was our server he took excellent care of us, even recommended a nice N/A drink for me(pregnant)while my husband had a delicious sour beer. We started with the Peach Caprese, a great combination of sweet and salty, a nice snack to kick off the evening. We ordered Buffalo and Waygu Beef for dinner, both terrific and included the most thoughtful, creative sides to really compliment the meal. For dessert, we had the Coconut Cream Pie, which was exceptional, especially the tingly taste of the habanero mousse, again, who would have thought to pair creamy coconut and a spice like habanero. Overall,a wonderful experience, we will make this a regular stop every time we visit BreckSpecial Features: