106 E Adams Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emberbreck.com/
- Phone: (970) 547-9595
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Scott Boshaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ember offers take-away catering as well as fully-staffed off-site catering services. We can accommodate any need, for parties of any size.
- Private Party Facilities: Ember is the perfect setting for private parties, wedding receptions, birthdays, and business gatherings. Chef Scott can design a personalized menu for your occasion no matter your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Max Everhart 9705479595x
A word from Ember
A new restaurant in Breckenridge built on the reputation and talent of Chef/Owner Scott Boshaw. "Never rest on your laurels," are words Scott lives by and this is evident in his globally-influenced menu and the contemporary styling of this historical Victorian home. We invite you for après-ski at the bar, a casual dinner with friends, or a romantic evening. Put a spark in your night. Let us warm your soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ember reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)romantic (58)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Unique menu, great food and serviceKtravelerDined on 11/4/2014Went here on trip advisor recommendations. Found the menu selections very different but all good . The Bao buns for appetizer was excellent as was the pork loin with crab. Scallop dish was also good although I felt the scallops could have been a little warmer. Our server offered to have a new order sent but was not necessary . Dishes were attractively presented and sauces very different and delicious! Service Very good ! Definitely recommend for a different dining experience- not the usual meat and potatoes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningmyexperienceDined on 10/30/2014Great food, Hip spot, and service was very personable - Loved itSpecial Features:
- Wonderful MealbriankDined on 10/21/2014Great dinner. Interesting and delicious cocktails. Food was excellent. Scallops and pork excelled. Deserts included an inventive ice cream. Our server, Jake, could not have done more. He was very informative and attentive. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome as usuallaurieDined on 10/11/2014Food is always imaginative in its flavor and presentation. Don't pass on the homemade ice cream, you won't get a second chance... they never repeat.Special Features:
- Slow startRubaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our party of four arrived on time. We waited for 10 minutes before we were greeted by anyone. We were then told that they were working on our table. After being seated we waited another 10 minutes before our waiter approached our table. He did not smile - very weird experience. After we were served our beverages we placed our order and he warmed up a little. The food was very good. Not sure if we would return.Special Features:
- Okscott5864VIPDined on 10/10/2014Good but not Great for the money Waiter was kind of a toolSpecial Features:
- DisappointingjdaneseDined on 10/9/2014Ember has just been inconsistent. Sometimes good, but not worth the prices. Most recently, the foods was consistently off temperature (not hit enough) and just not flavorful. The food looks interesting on the menu and in the dish, but just not well conceived, flavor-wise. Disappointing, especially considering the prices. I won't be wasting my money there again.Special Features:
- Loved it!FiybyapDined on 10/4/2014The food was amazing and the server was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummy!HappyCoupleDined on 10/4/2014Our experience was outstanding at Ember. Out waiter Jake was knowledgeable and helpful. The food was yummy. I highly recommend Ember.Special Features:
- Great spot to close out tripdaleuishDined on 10/2/2014Service from jake was outstanding. Food was a great and we followed is advice when we had questions. We will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all round experienceFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great food, wine and service! What more could you ask for? My husband and I went to Embers for a nice dinner. We had a great one. Our favorite resturant in Summit County. We sat at the bar for a drink and Todd knows his wine. We then ordered appitizers (halibut cheeks) and main (buffalo tenderloin, scallops) that were uniquely prepared and were cooked to perfection. One of the best meals we've had in a while. We will be back many more times for dinner and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parSunsetDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Ember several times and enjoyed it very much but we were not that impressed with the food this time. The monkfish was too tough to cut, and the scallops were undercooked. Menu needs refreshing in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's Scott?KeystonekopsDined on 9/26/2014We have dined at Ember twice previously in the last three months. Each time the food was amazing, wonderful, simply outstanding. This time - we had an out of town guest, so of course we took her to our new favorite restaurant- ember! Something was off that night- we think Scott, the talented chef and owner, must have been on vacation! None of our favorites tasted right...the normally beautiful plates looked sad and the portions small. Sauce was smeared down the center. The food wasn't hot, the favors not right, way too heavy seasonings in the chai baked beans and other entrees. We were not only disappointed but embarrassed. We will try again, bu please bring Scott back (and Jake too!)
- Off nightLacklusterDined on 9/26/2014This is my sister's favorite restaurant. We were taking advantage of the 2 for 1 special. The service is usually fantastic so I know the owners would be mortified at the service we received. When our food was finally delivered an hour after we ordered it (the waitress was observed eating dinner in the kitchen at that time), my sisters scallops were cold. Had the waitress even checked in on us, she would have known that dinner was not ok. I got tired of waiting and went to the bar for a glass of wine. The other waitstaff we flagged down were very helpful. The chicken and fish dishes were good.Special Features:
- Pretty blandColoradoFoodTourVIPDined on 9/25/2014Ember was good but nothing was exceptional. When I go to restaurant that markets themselves as an upper tier restaurant I want something exceptional - food was good but flavors were not memorable or special.Special Features:
- A hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Dinner menu is imaginative and our choices were delicious. Cozy,romantic lighting and a controllable noise level. Fun bar with Todd manning the helm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayschowhoundDined on 9/20/2014Creative eclectic dishes. Halibut cheek appetizer is unique and very tasty. Server Jake was very helpful attentive but unobtrusive. Scored a bottle of Merry Edwards Pinot Noir. Something we had read about but never been able to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentlesemoryDined on 9/13/2014The service was very nice and the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat DisappointedHosaDined on 9/11/2014Our favorite in past visits was their crispy bread substitute. Recipe must have changed, hotter, tasted much different,not near as good. Wife's chicken was good, my pork tenderloin was tough. New chief since Summer of 13 ? Ember has been one of our top 3 in Breck, and will try again in Jan. when back to ski.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Eat Here When In BreckenridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/10/2014We make sure we have a least one meal at Ember every time we visit Breckenridge. The food is creative and delicious. I had a rose wine flight that was a great start to our meal. All three were good and they were different from each other -- a nice way to try different types of roses. Our appetizers and entrees were over-the-top fantastic. Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly. He ensured that we were happy in every way. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Impeccable Dining ExperienceSusanJDined on 9/10/2014Ember is a great dining experience with a variety of chef-prepared food items, both appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- Good enoughTeraDined on 9/5/2014Bartender was very talkative with his friends at the bar but a bit standoffish to us, although he was attentive. Menu is very limited, food was good but nothing I would run back for. Service was very good. I have dined at this spot before Ember bought it and I enjoyed it before much better.Special Features:
- TrishaTriTomDined on 9/4/2014We had a bad experience here with service in particular about a year ago, but decided to give it another try. It was well worth it. Everything was perfect---the food was creative and cooked to perfection; the service couldn't have been better! Brandon was knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations on food and wine.Special Features:
- Inattentive ServicejimofseattleVIPDined on 9/3/2014I had a good serving of well-prepared ono, but everything else was unsatisfactory because our waiter lavished attention on a neighboring table while letting us sit for over ten minutes with dirty plates before us. While we were sitting with dirty dishes, another worker cleared tables on the deck that had been vacated thirty minutes earlier. This was not the good experience I had hoped to have.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Great as always!!!! From the service to the food Excellent!! Wonderful nite!Special Features:
- Excellent food, cute, good serviceKyleVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our first time eating at Ember and it was a GREAT surprise. I started with a salad that had lardon croutons and this fabulous "sorbet" dressing that melted into the salad. It was one of the most creative dishes I've had in along time. Very flavorful. My husband had the sweet potato pasta and I had the scallops. Both were delicious. The scallops were seared perfectly and they melted in my mouth. So good! We didn't have room for dessert but next time. Our waiter made excellent recommendations when we asked what he suggested.Special Features:
- One of the BestMeandMyBrideVIPDined on 8/31/2014The fact that Ember is truly one of the best meals we've had anywhere makes this appropriately one of the best meals in Breckinridge. Don't miss this place while in Breckinridge.Special Features:
- Eat here everytime I'm in town.EclecticdinerDined on 8/31/2014Food was wonderful as usual. But this time service was very unfriendly. Kirk needs to remember its a real downer when your server is obviously not interested in serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ember the Best of BreckenridgemelpeggyDined on 8/31/2014Ember is our favorite restaurant in Breckenridge. The food is innovative and delicious. The service staff is efficient and friendly. The maitre de remembered that we were about to go on a trip the last time we were there. That kind of attention is immeasurable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A foodie spot in BreckBabs61VIPDined on 8/30/2014Ember was very good but some food items were better than others. The lamb tacos were delicious as were the tamales but the pork loin was overcooked. Scallops were delicious and our server, Parker was great. Very small restaurant with lovely ambiance but because it is so small if the party before you is running over your reservation sitting may be delayed. Food presentation was lovely.Special Features:
- Disappointed for first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I go to Ember from time to time. It is typically superb. This evening, however, I was very disappointed. After a menus rework, The crab stuffed pork loin dish was not well conceived. Worse, however, the pork was significantly underdone. Very pink and cool. Most of it wasn't really edible for me.
- Must visitValentineGirlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went there during family vacation. We tried the best restaurants in town almost everyday and this was the best of them all. Chef combined food ingredients of various cuisine of the world to form original & creative menu which resulted in extremely tasty dishes. For appetizers, we had the lamp tacos, carnitas in a tamale shell, and calamari. For dinner we had the sweet potato pasta, pork chop, monk fish, and buffalo tenderloin. ALL were absolutely delicious! Waiters were professional, friendly & knowledgeable, and the restaurant had a great energy just like its chef. We are very happy to end our vacation in Breckenridge at Ember's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJimmDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding food! The scallops were tremendous, the chicken was the best ever! Spaghetti squash with the chicken was delightful. Great wine list and just a superb dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentRicycleDined on 8/21/2014My third time at Ember. Exquisite food and service. Would highly recommend as a first choice in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ember, Breckenridge, COgolferladyDined on 8/19/2014Ember, owned by a local chef, should not be missed. The food presentation is excellent, service very good, food is delicious and the ambiance is delightful. There are areas upstairs available for privacy, or a group, should that be what you desire. Eating upstairs or downstairs, or out on the patio on a lovely evening, you will be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...GourmandVIPDined on 8/18/2014I hadn't been to Ember in quite a while. Sometimes, I feel that they try too hard to been innovative and should just stick to preparing good food. One time I was there and they had fried eatable bugs (crickets?) as a garnish...really? In a relaxed ski town? This time, I ordered the scallops which had good flavor, but very mushy...not good. And the risotto was incredibly dry and sticky. I was hungry, so I ate it...my husband's meal was fine...just a starter. I'll give them one more try in the future. We sat at the bar...bartender was great with generous pours!
- EmberKTelVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our dinner at Ember was very good. My wife had the monk fish and thoroughly enjoyed her meal. I had the chicken breast and it was very good. A fine meal in downtown Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Breckenridge SaviorCaraalexDined on 8/10/2014After 4 days on vacation in Breckenridge, CO, my husband and I were begining to wonder if there were any great restaurants in town. Well, after our dining experience at Ember, I can say our answer, thankfully, is "Yes". We had an absolutely wonderful dining experience from the food, to ambience, to the amazing friendly service. We started out the meal with calamari and the duck gumbo, wonderfully complex, tasty dishes. The duck gumbo was a standout dish, but for anyone reading this review it will not be available, it was a daily special. Try the soup. I recomment the smors dessert. Yummy! I can't end this review without complimenting our server, Parker. He helped make this meal a truly memorable experience. Thanks, Parker.Special Features:
- Ignite your taste budsRobbiBVIPDined on 8/9/2014Ember is such a treat in Breckenridge. Make sure and sample one of their inventively creative cocktails with custom infused liquors if you're feeling adventurous. The menu changed seasonally so there's always something new to try. We've never been disappointed with anything we've tried.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Have eaten here several times and it is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. Great menu and serviceSpecial Features: