Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte
601 S College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.embergrille.com/
- Phone: 7043752600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 6:00 am—10:30 am
Lunch 11:00 am—5:00 pm
Dinner 5:00 pm—10:00 pm
Breakfast 6:00 am —12:00 pm
Lunch 12:00 pm —5:00 pm
Dinner 5:00pm—10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: James Wescoe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on Tuesday's - Sounds of Uptown! Featuring local artists and great happy hour specials from 5pm - 7pm. 7 items for $7 from 5-7pm
- Special Events: Please visit our website at www.embergrille.com for special event details.
A word from Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte
Ignite your culinary desire at Ember Grille and Terrace. Open fire ovens and instinctive service create a sophisticated dining experience for you and your guests. Surround yourself with delicious food and great company at one of Uptown’s most chic locations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It was ok for a quick lunchSayreVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was ok, service was ok. Nice atmosphere. Came in at 2:30 pm not busy, took a long time to get meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, just quietKChaliDined on 9/25/2014Underserved, the food is good and service too. maybe it was a slow week. overall great service and food. a bit pricey, but good consistent food. 4 stars overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Secret.KevinDined on 8/17/2014I hadn't been to Ember Grille for several years. I was nervous that I wouldn't easily get a table since a large contingent of visitors were in town for the weekend; I booked a reservation. Surprisingly we were the largest group that showed up during our 90 minute visit, and we were only one of perhaps six tables that showed up during that whole time...not sure why. The food was well presented and very good. The only constructive criticisms that I had was that there isn't brunch menu -- breakfast was served until noon, but the website didn't not mention the catch. Also, the drinks took a bit too long to reach the table, considering the few amount of other customers. Keep Ember Grille in mind for weekend morning meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceJsprinklesDined on 7/12/2014A group of us were in town for the Justin Timberlake concert and were staying at the Westin so we decided to eat dinner in the hotel and was a great choice! food was awesome and dessert that we had was delish! We had the chocolate cake. Overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 111 reviews are from the Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte reviews archive.
- Chef glad to accommodateBludogVIPDined on 6/15/2014Friends were staying in the downtown area so we picked "some place downtown" to have dinner. We decided to try Ember Grille. One of us is strictly vegan. The chef made a FIVE STAR effort to assure those needs were accommodated. The dish was beautiful and (said to be) delicious. The other meals were not as impressive, though. We tried the "fresh caught" special and a couple of (dinner menu) sandwiches. Three-and-half or four stars, at best. We did take advantage of their wine special and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine for a reasonable price. The place was EMPTY - on a Sunday night. Maybe if the Ember co-operated with nearby parking to validate a ticket for their patrons their business might improve. Maybe???
- Felt like a Friday'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Menu was more like a chain restaurant like Chilis or Fridays than what one would expect from a high end hotel like Westin, mostly sandwiches and the obligatory steak and salmon, not appealing in the least. Waited 5-10 minuites for water, then another 5-10 before a manager finally came over to us. We told him we had been waiting a while to be served and all we got was a wine list to help pass the time. The restaurant was practically empty so no excuse for this. We left and went to Ruth's Chris and had a wonderful meal. Would not try Ember again nor would we recommend it to anyone else. (Rating of Food above was required. I checked Fair simply because we did not eat there but it did not look appealing from the menu)
- Marginal food and ambiencetangoDined on 12/31/2013I ordered the scallop as the main entree and the scallops weren't fresh and tasted a bit rubbery. I think it was overpriced at 25 for the quality. My husband ordered the greens salad which is too sour and short rib is alright. The dessert Pecan pie is nothing to remember about. I think the desserts at the Earth Fare are far more better. Overall, the ambience and setting are more of a better version of canteen, and far away from being fine dinning. We went there on the New Year's Eve, there was some live music which would be better left without. Whoever the singer that night seriously needs some vocal training.
- Good DinnerBretDined on 12/31/2013Food was delicious and unique. Really enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was incredibly slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Service was incredibly slow and the waitress was extremely unattentive. There were 6 diners and only 5 meals came out - one had to wait a good 15 minutes after the others were brought out to the table and that was only after asking the waitress where the meal was. Judging by the temperature of the long awaited meal - I think she forgot to put the order in. The cocktails from the bar were inconsistent from order to order and it was obvious that the Samuel Adams tap needed to be cleaned. Although the food itself as good we won't be eating here again. For a Westin - they need to raise their game a bit.
- We went for the ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013We went for the Christmas Buffet and were quite satisfied with the selection of dishes and the presentation. My wife was only disappointed that they didn't have a cheese tray. Santa wandered through the restaurant and posed with diners at their request. We came as a couple but there were several large parties and the staff handled them well. There wasn't a line to get through the buffet, either, and I think that was due to the way the food lines were arranged. The menu ranged from breakfast omelets to beef and ham to a Cajun seafood dish. I particularly appreciated the fruit, with tasty blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and even good watermelon (which is hard to get at Christmas).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Brunch with SantaKathyDined on 12/25/2013Food selection was wide and the food itself was Prepared well. Favorites were the Belgium waffles, Fresh fruit, omelets, prime rib, and desserts. Santa had a Helper taking photos of families. The ONLY thing I would change would be for the restaurant To have been decorated for the holidays a Little bit more. There was one Christmas tree But that was about it. I would definitely recommend This brunch and would consider returning Next year. The price was reasonable for a Holiday brunch at $36.95 for adults. It was Better than the exhorbitantly priced brunch At the Ballantne Hotel that we went to a few years Ago, and the food was better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Restaurant - It's FineTiffanyDined on 12/7/2013Decent food, just nothing to write home about. We were staying at the Westin so it was convenient.
- Great breakfast meetingChristineVIPDined on 12/5/2013Three of us ate breakfast here and thought the food, presentation and service was very good. We ordered the yogurt/granola, egg white omelet, and the continential breakfast. I can't wait to come back and try the oatmeal pancakes - sounds delicious. I appreciated the individual sized bottles of ketchup, but wish they would have been Heinz ketchup.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BrunchTgivingBrunchDined on 11/28/2013Second time going for Thanksgiving brunch at Ember Grille with the family. We loved the choice, service and ambience. Kids love the fact that breakfast food option available along with traditional thanskgiving options. Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Rissotto were awesome. We had a wonderful experience and would recommend the place to anyone looking for a reasonably priced thanskgiving brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok dining- not greatDatenightDined on 11/16/2013Ten adults met here for a birthday party on a Saturday night. One if few places we could get a reservation for 10. A couple parties were there while we were. Service was slow. Portions were on the (American) small side. Slightly expensive for what we received. Wouldn't be high in my list for a repeat experience.
- The staff was very rude anddisappointedDined on 8/25/2013The staff was very rude and unfriendly, we did not feel welcome in the restaurant. They were not attentive to us and the restaurant was not busy by any means. We were trying to celebrate a birthday but were disappointed by the way we were treated. No one seemed to care about trying to get things done quickly or efficiently
- Not Impressed - Should be BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2013We arrived for Sunday Brunch at 12:15pm to find that they were taking down the breakfast buffet. We had to scramble to get some plates before everything was taken away. What they did have seemed to be sitting for some time. The restaurant used to have a nice brunch but that does not appear to be the case anymore. With the attached hotel having such a substantial downtown presence it is quite surprising that they do not strive to put their investment to work and be The Place To Go in town for great food and great service. Service was pleasant but not exceptional. Would not go back again unless it is improved substantially.
- Good but not great, closeenergy49manVIPDined on 3/2/2013Good but not great, close to our favorite theater.
- Food was yuck. Cold, tasteless.MrsMDined on 2/23/2013Food was yuck. Cold, tasteless. I expected much, much more.Special Features:
- The waitress was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The waitress was very nice but had to be asked multiple times for the same things. In particular we asked for bread twice and coffee with our dessert twice. It was Valentines Day but it was not very busy. Also the ragout sauce with our steaks was way to salty. Too pricey.
- I have eaten steaks at a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I have eaten steaks at a lot of restaurants around the country. This was one of the best.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, OK foodJlovesCLTDined on 2/10/2013Great restaurant, OK food (not the best, but not the worst), easy to access via the attached parking garage, and awesome service!Special Features:
- Fancy but not refinedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013It was dead service was friendly but menu was ok but very plain descriptions we ended up having drinks then leaveing because it was loud and empty on a Friday night could barely hear my boyfriend which was bad for a early valentine dinnerSpecial Features:
- Their Pasta entree was withRobertDined on 1/5/2013Their Pasta entree was with a Garlic Cream Sauce and asked that they substitute it for Garlic and Oil, it was not a problem and turned out outstanding. Thank you.Special Features:
- Waitress was abnoxiously slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Waitress was abnoxiously slow. It took 30 minutes to get our drinks.Special Features:
- The Service was the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The Service was the worst I've ever had in a while. There were many empty tables around so they were not just busy. We waited 45 minutes for our drinks, 1 hour for a fried appetizer, and over 2.5 hours for food. The waitress forgot our order and had to retake it. Not worth it. You can find a lot better places in this economy spend your hard earned money.
- This was a nice restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012This was a nice restaurant, especially if you are staying in the hotel. It was completely empty when we went, but that was probably because there was a college football game going on at the stadium. The hostess seated us at a small table behind a wall despite the fact that we were the only couple there. We asked to move to a 4 top and they happilly agreed. The bar prices are high by local standards. A glass of MacCallan 18 was $50. Specialty martinis were $12 and a domestic beer was $6 I believe. Main courses are reasonable, with a suitable price range. I seem to recall the steak is aroun $30. The chocolate cake dessert is massive and very good. Service was great, but we were alone so it makes sense.
- Quick lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Good fresh & quick. Wings could be a little better Will make it a late night stop offSpecial Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Our waitress was VERY slow and forgot every thing we requested. We had coffee to drink and I had to ask her twice for sweetener and creme. Then my coffee had got warm/cold! Service was terrible!
- Nice hotel restaurant whichOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2012Nice hotel restaurant which was just want we wanted. Good food and quiet so we could do some business. The Shrimp and grits were excellent!Special Features:
- Not bad for a hotel restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2012Not bad for a hotel restaurant. Quiet spot with a diverse menu. It's even better if you forego housekeeping service and get $5 off coupons for hotel dining. Recommended for travelers at the hotel or anyone in the area. Great spot for meeting over a drink in the hotel lobby bar for business.Special Features:
- Burgers, pulled pork and iceburgOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/1/2012Burgers, pulled pork and iceburg salad were all sensational !
- I had a great experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012I had a great experience at Ember Grille - Westin Charlotte. Aubrey was great, and she did a great job!Special Features:
- Too expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2012Food was expensive for what it was. Maybe they charge so much because hotel guests may opt not to leave for dinner but I was very underwhelmed with the food for an $80 meal. They did have good live music.
- My husband and I went to enjoyjagtVIPDined on 7/14/2012My husband and I went to enjoy the patio, which is a hidden gem. The service was great! Although, the food was decent, my shrimp smelled a bit to fishy for my taste. If you want a good patio in downtown consider the Ember Grill.Special Features:
- Since Ember Grille is a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012Since Ember Grille is a hotel restaurant, the ambiance is totally based on the people staying at the hotel. When my husband and I went, it was a very geriatric crowd. Still, the food we ordered was very good. It's definitely not the coolest or best place to eat in Charlotte.
- We went with friends on aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012We went with friends on a Saturday night. At 6:30pm, we were the only group in the entire restaurant ... must have been a slow night at the Westin. It was surprising then, that the service was so slow, not at all attentive. Food was great, however, and the layout also has great potential.
- pricey, but excelllentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/21/2012We decided to try the Ember Grille due to the 1000 points being offered. While pricey, the food was excellent. Hubby opted for Shrimp and grits. I had a blue cheese burger. Both were excellent and we also tried dessert. Not rushed in any way and excellent service.
- Limited menu which leans towardDengigDined on 4/10/2012Limited menu which leans toward hand held cuisine (sandwiches and paninis). The sweet potato tater tots are very good. Since it is in the Westin, the price is on the high side. No parking validation at the Westin's garage, either.
- Restaurant in they Hyatt fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2012Restaurant in they Hyatt from the same kitchen as hotel room service. Maybe it would be better for lunch but for dinner I would rate it fair at best.