174 E. Gore Creek Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/Vail
- Phone: 9707547818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly 5:30pm-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tyler Wiard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 10 to 200 are assured the same great Elway's food and experience through our professional event planners.
- Private Party Contact: Linnea Bergman 3033997467x
A word from Elway's Vail
The perfect place to celebrate a special milestone or simply savor a great dinner, a glass of wine or handcrafted cocktail, Elway’s Vail is the ideal setting for any occasion. Enjoy an outstanding meal served with genuine hospitality in an environment that is uniquely Colorado. Open for dinner nightly in the heart of Vail Village at The Lodge at Vail and less than a block from Vail Mountain's Vista Bahn Express Lift (#16), Elway's features USDA hand cut prime steaks on an award-winning menu chock full of Colorado lamb, fresh fish and creative side dishes. An affordable wine list boasts over 350 selections. The lively bar offers classic cocktails alongside unique appetizers. Dine indoors in the casual mountain setting or après ski in the Colorado mountain sun on the covered or sunny outdoor patios. Parties of 25 to 200 are assured the same great Elway's food and experience through our professional event planners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elway's Vail reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (18)good for groups (12)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I order the half-racj of lamb and found it underwhelming with minimal amount of meat and fatty. The server also said the mashed potatoes were family sized but they were not. In general Elway's was good, but the one downtown I think is better. It seemed the one in Vail is the kind of second class.Special Features:
- SPECIALKevyDined on 10/8/2014From the hostess to the servers, from the wine to the food, this dinning experience for my wife and I was simply put.....SPECIAL! Thank you Elways of Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent quality and value!Imafoodie1962Dined on 10/5/2014Husband and I visited the Vail area for our 30th anniversary. We happened to hitthe last day of the Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week. The two offerings for $20.14 each a delicious lamb shank and equally delicious Colorado rainbow trout. Both meals came with perfectly cooked asparagus as well as a potato side fit for each dish. The wait staff was very attentive and very friendly. Wine is a little pricey at $39 for half a bottle of domestic. Overall experience was romantic, delicious and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFancyfoodiesx2Dined on 10/3/2014Wonderful service with knowledgeable staff. Superb dishes and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2014We had a very romantic dinner here. We shared a shrimp cocktail with a very spicy sauce that was outstanding. I had the rocky mountain trout that was so delicious that it melted in my mouth. My husband had salmon that was very good. Our waiter was great. They serve a very nice martini too. We would love to return to try their steaks. Great find in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub ParDinerFromDenverDined on 9/27/2014It was the beginning of Restaurant Week in Vail and our expectations were that the Elway's Vail would be the same high quality as their restaurant in Cherry Creek. Unfortunately our reservations were not honored until 35 minutes after our designated time. The hostess staff were not professional and overall the restaurant was under-resourced and unable to accommodate the demands being placed on it by a full house of diners. The plates were warm but not as hot as they should be - at that point we didn't want to chance sending it back not knowing when we would receive replacement dish. Lack of service is the biggest area of improvement for this restaurant.
- Not so great this timeStanVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a so-so dinner on Saturday night. They appeared to be overwhelmed with the crowd and our service was awful. We have been there many times before, including hosting our wedding party there this summer, and had excellent experiences. This time was an exception and not much fun.
- MargaritaHard2impressDined on 9/27/2014We went in September for our anniversary. I liked the ambiance because it wasn't too crowded and it was quiet. We sat on the patio and the view of the courtyard was very nice. The staff was very friendly and right away said happy anniversary to us, they even gave us a dessert to help us celebrate. The trout I ordered was very delicious and my husbands lamb was tasty but a bit chewy. Overall the experience was great!Special Features:
- Nice meal, great service.N2foodzDined on 9/12/2014Nice meal and great service with an adequate wine list. Ordered the grilled artichokes as appetizers and they were a little charred and dry but still very ediable. The rest of the meal was just as described on the menu. Very well prepared and flavorful. The service was responsive, friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. Overall a nice dinner with friends over good food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2014Pricey, $53 for a steak that came out undercooked and the spice coat on the outside was burnt which ruined the taste of the steak, and to top it off no side came with the steak, not worth your time or money.
- Terrible serviceMeatzDined on 9/6/20148pm reservation. There was only four tables of guests currently dining; so needless to say, service should have been more available. Entree was served before I finished my salad; we asked if we could wait for the main course so we could enjoy our cocktails and apps. Server told us they were already ready. He was not friendly, and at the end of the meal, we inherited another server. I had to get out of my seat to retrieve the bill because no one checked on us once dessert was served. Sad also to say, filet was burnt on one side and over seasoned with salt. Would I come here again? Absolutely not. Been to Elways both in Cherry Creek and downtown Denver and never had this type of horrible service for "fine dining".Special Features:
- Amazing Time!!!Mir2014Dined on 9/5/2014Staff was absolutel amazing even though we showed up about 25min before they stopped serving dinner, food was outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- first class servicejennVIPDined on 8/24/2014i was injured in a leg brace and sulley came over with a pillow and blanket and offered a wheel chair. first class service. all of the staff was very nice and worked well together. Elway's does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCoreyDined on 8/21/2014The steaks that my wife and I had were outstanding. The wine was very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!Cacodd1234Dined on 8/20/2014Great place to spend a special occasion and the view of Vail mountain just added to it. Wonderful food and service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VailDinerDined on 8/16/2014It was fabulous. Great food, great service, and a perfect steak house atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Steak!BoppyVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been to Elway's a few times. We are always very content when leaving. Full bellies with delicious food, great service!Special Features:
- Steak wise is excellent, but can...Foodlover1Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent steakhouse restaurant, definitely needs to improve side orders and desserts. Would be nice to see some Elway's memorabilia in the restaurant. Good wine list, great location, outstanding patio/terrace. Service it's ok but they can do better. Congrats, by the way my kids loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Quality of food outstanding. Jim does an excellent job of picking out wines.Special Features:
- ElwaysRonnieDined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed having dinner at Elway's. Everything was great. We will return for sureSpecial Features:
- Awesome eveningGreatVIPDined on 7/12/2014One of the best meals in a long time!! The steak was done perfectly and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scopedopeDined on 7/12/2014Very nice experience. A little pricy but probably the norm for Vail.Special Features:
- Perfect Steaks in the GardenKiwiLizDined on 7/6/2014A lovely night out introducing our friends from Hawaii too Vail. The steaks were perfectly prepared and the service was friendly and attentive. The outdoor seating surrounded by all the colorful gardens made for a memorable evening..Special Features:
- a luscious dinner in VailreldaDined on 7/3/2014This is our second time eating at this fabulous restaurant..... the sea bass was cooked to perfection. The Brussels sprouts were amazing. Again, the meal was more than super, the attention to detail on presentation, and our needs was impeccable. The rest of the group all chose meat for dinner and there were no complaints on taste, or presentation.Special Features:
- The following 259 reviews are from the Elway's Vail reviews archive.
- Disappointed - Need a RefundJosieDined on 6/20/2014We went to Elway's to celebrate a 50th birthday. Unfortunately our waiter, Ross, did not even acknowledge this happy event. Our steaks were burned on the outside and raw on the inside. Instead of correcting this issue our waiter swapped our steaks... I've never seen anything like this at a fine dining establishment. Overall thoroughly disappointed - I would like my money back.
- Not the sameSpenceDined on 6/18/2014Though our meal was good, it was not great. The menu was more extensive than the airport Elway's but the lack of summer traffic in Vail probably creates challenges for a restaurant being on top of it's came. Everything except the steak was very good, but not great. The steak definitely had been on hand to long... people who prefer meat very rare can spot instantly the taste when mean has started to turn. We would return in the winter with enthusiasm and no apprehension, but not in the summer unless we see a number of great reviews coming in.Special Features:
- Disappointed........YuckVIPDined on 6/17/2014Had hoped to have a great steak dinner and was very disappointed. The ribeye was badly charred and had been heavily over salted. The Caesar salad was embarrassing for a steak place and we had the smallest serving of $9 broccoli I've ever been served. The best part of the meal was the blue cheese olives in the martinis!! Overpriced and poorly executed.........
- underwhelmedwanderlustDined on 6/17/2014Beautiful evening to be outdoors. Drinks were exceptional. Short Rib was large portioned, tasty but more of a piece of brisket than a rib, mashed potatoes delicious. Artichoke usually enjoyable but on the 'skinny' side. Ahi salad - salad was fresh and multilayered in taste, but ahi was quite bland. Turtle cheesecake - loss - plain cheese cake with a load of pecans in a very diluted and tasteless chocolate sauce. No rich chocolate or caramel taste or substance. You know the waiter KNOWS it is a no go when most is left on the plate and no inquiry as to wanting it to be boxed or if you liked it.
- Football and ffoodnot compatibledmcleanDined on 6/14/2014The ambience is great. Service is very good--the staff was very efficient. I planned on the filet mignon, but our server suggested the NY strip was tastier. He then went into a lesson on how the meat was butchered and prepared so that it has a distinctive charred, but not burnt exterior. The in house butchers insure each cut is worth the $50 you're shelling out for a hunk of meat with no sides. Our salads were wet -- I would expect a restaurant of this calibre to have a salad spinner. Guess what else. My first cut into my steak was all grissle. Our side of potatoes au gratin were inedible. They were greasy potatoes in a casserole dish that I would have been embarrassed to serve. All in all, I suggest looking for better value in Vail.
- Not like Cherry Creek Elways at allLisaJaneDined on 6/11/2014I have been going to the Elways at Cherry Creek for years to celebrate my friend's birthday. We decided to go to Vail this time. First, the place was almost empty, which was a shock. Very little "Elway stuff" on the walls. Then we found out that some of our very favorite things on the menu weren't on the menu as we were still technically in the off season. (Mid June). So were were disappointed. Food and experience is not as good as Cherry Creek and I am not sure if we will return or just go back to Cherry Creek.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We were in Vail during the GoPro Games and were concerned about being able to find a quiet place for dinner. Elways not only fit the bill, but made it a memorable night! The service was excellent, from being greeted and seated right away on a covered patio to a wait team who took care of us throughout the leisurely meal. Steaks were cooked just as we requested and sides were well prepared and large enough to share. Desert, consisting of a scoop of ice cream and shot of a liquore of choice was unique and fun. Than kyou for a great evening!Special Features:
- Elegant, nice experienceJlc007Dined on 5/31/2014The service was as good as we've had at any steakhouse. Our server Ross was engaging, smart and kind. Steaks were perfect. This was a good choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Doesn't compare to Elway's qualityFoodieCriticVIPDined on 5/31/2014My honey and I are big fans of Elway's restaurants and frequent the two in Denver (downtown and Cherry Creek) on a regular basis. While the service is decent at the Elway's in Vail, the food quality just does not compare to the Denver locations. We shared a steak the last time we dined at the Vail location and it looked like it had been aged for a little too long. Even the server made a comment that the steak might look a little different in this lighting (on the patio). We love Elway's but after the third try in Vail, I can't say that we will go back.
- Delicious!!!Lynn44Dined on 5/18/2014This was the second time we were at the Elway's in Vail!!!! The filet is the best steak I have ever heard.......just delicious. The yukon mashed potatoes are my favorite...the waiter told me that they we gluten free. A relaxing evening with excellent food and we had great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Staff courteous and attentive. Can not recommend a steak house that is unable to cook a steak. We were delivered 6 steak knives, none of which could cut the "New York strips" we ordered. The steak was tasty and cooked properly but NOT a New York Strip, and too tough to be cut by even 6 of their steak knives. Baked potato good and mushrooms good. Chocolate cake tasted like typical "box cake". The place should be perfect but it is far from it. Wish they could get it together.
- DisappointedBermudafoodieDined on 4/26/2014Having been to Elways in Den many times I expected much better service and it was almost empty that night. Being known for their steaks , the quality of the beef was fabulous but we both had requested MR and they were M. That might seem silly but we went there for a juicy steak! We didn't say anything since service was so poor we didn't want to wait any longer! We both live in the valley and I think I'll go back to Elways in Denver for my next steak fix! Many thanks for asking.Special Features:
- Good but not greatVailskibumDined on 4/20/2014Had dinner at Elways last Sunday. Food was good but not the best we had during our week in Vail. There are much better options for high end food on Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just finerichardDined on 4/19/2014Excellent food. Great location in Vail Village. Great Bulgarian waitor named Vasil. Good kids menu. Great steak. One of the best hamburgers ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dear Johnmyrnabird57Dined on 4/16/2014There was a fine dining atmosphere. John's salad was ample and outstanding. Elway's salmon with shrimp and lump crab was fresh and delectable. The service was impeccable. For my birthday celebration, we were served a scrumptious chocolate dessert on the house. Plus, I was given a special gift of Elway's steak seasoning. It was a pricey evening, but I'm worth it!Special Features:
- Overrated hot spotskimausVIPDined on 4/10/2014We were excited to try this hot spot but we had a hard time finding much positive with this experience. The atmosphere was very stark. The restaurant had way too many families with out of control kids and the food was not memorable. Our filet mignon steak was served on a white plate, no garnish and wasn't tender. Red pepper soup and Ahi tuna appetizer was good. Compared to our dinner earlier in the week at Russels Steakhouse, atmosphere, food and service was lacking. Comparing to my birthday meal at Flame Steakhouse with similar price point, the atmosphere and service at Flame were outstanding. Flame's steak came served on a sizzling platter with awesome sauces described in mouthwatering detail by our server. Just don't get the Elways hypeSpecial Features: