174 E. Gore Creek Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/Vail
- Phone: 9707547818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly 5:30pm-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tyler Wiard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of 10 to 200 are assured the same great Elway's food and experience through our professional event planners.
- Private Party Contact: Linnea Bergman 3033997467x
A word from Elway's Vail
The perfect place to celebrate a special milestone or simply savor a great dinner, a glass of wine or handcrafted cocktail, Elway’s Vail is the ideal setting for any occasion. Enjoy an outstanding meal served with genuine hospitality in an environment that is uniquely Colorado. Open for dinner nightly in the heart of Vail Village at The Lodge at Vail and less than a block from Vail Mountain's Vista Bahn Express Lift (#16), Elway's features USDA hand cut prime steaks on an award-winning menu chock full of Colorado lamb, fresh fish and creative side dishes. An affordable wine list boasts over 350 selections. The lively bar offers classic cocktails alongside unique appetizers. Dine indoors in the casual mountain setting or après ski in the Colorado mountain sun on the covered or sunny outdoor patios. Parties of 25 to 200 are assured the same great Elway's food and experience through our professional event planners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elway's Vail reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)great for outdoor dining (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (13)scenic view (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- first class servicejennVIPDined on 8/24/2014i was injured in a leg brace and sulley came over with a pillow and blanket and offered a wheel chair. first class service. all of the staff was very nice and worked well together. Elway's does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCoreyDined on 8/21/2014The steaks that my wife and I had were outstanding. The wine was very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!Cacodd1234Dined on 8/20/2014Great place to spend a special occasion and the view of Vail mountain just added to it. Wonderful food and service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VailDinerDined on 8/16/2014It was fabulous. Great food, great service, and a perfect steak house atmosphere.Special Features:
- Steak wise is excellent, but can...Foodlover1Dined on 8/3/2014Excellent steakhouse restaurant, definitely needs to improve side orders and desserts. Would be nice to see some Elway's memorabilia in the restaurant. Good wine list, great location, outstanding patio/terrace. Service it's ok but they can do better. Congrats, by the way my kids loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Quality of food outstanding. Jim does an excellent job of picking out wines.Special Features:
- ElwaysRonnieDined on 7/21/2014We enjoyed having dinner at Elway's. Everything was great. We will return for sureSpecial Features:
- Awesome eveningGreatVIPDined on 7/12/2014One of the best meals in a long time!! The steak was done perfectly and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scopedopeDined on 7/12/2014Very nice experience. A little pricy but probably the norm for Vail.Special Features:
- Perfect Steaks in the GardenKiwiLizDined on 7/6/2014A lovely night out introducing our friends from Hawaii too Vail. The steaks were perfectly prepared and the service was friendly and attentive. The outdoor seating surrounded by all the colorful gardens made for a memorable evening..Special Features:
- a luscious dinner in VailreldaDined on 7/3/2014This is our second time eating at this fabulous restaurant..... the sea bass was cooked to perfection. The Brussels sprouts were amazing. Again, the meal was more than super, the attention to detail on presentation, and our needs was impeccable. The rest of the group all chose meat for dinner and there were no complaints on taste, or presentation.Special Features:
- Disappointed - Need a RefundJosieDined on 6/20/2014We went to Elway's to celebrate a 50th birthday. Unfortunately our waiter, Ross, did not even acknowledge this happy event. Our steaks were burned on the outside and raw on the inside. Instead of correcting this issue our waiter swapped our steaks... I've never seen anything like this at a fine dining establishment. Overall thoroughly disappointed - I would like my money back.
- Not the sameSpenceDined on 6/18/2014Though our meal was good, it was not great. The menu was more extensive than the airport Elway's but the lack of summer traffic in Vail probably creates challenges for a restaurant being on top of it's came. Everything except the steak was very good, but not great. The steak definitely had been on hand to long... people who prefer meat very rare can spot instantly the taste when mean has started to turn. We would return in the winter with enthusiasm and no apprehension, but not in the summer unless we see a number of great reviews coming in.Special Features:
- Disappointed........YuckVIPDined on 6/17/2014Had hoped to have a great steak dinner and was very disappointed. The ribeye was badly charred and had been heavily over salted. The Caesar salad was embarrassing for a steak place and we had the smallest serving of $9 broccoli I've ever been served. The best part of the meal was the blue cheese olives in the martinis!! Overpriced and poorly executed.........
- underwhelmedwanderlustDined on 6/17/2014Beautiful evening to be outdoors. Drinks were exceptional. Short Rib was large portioned, tasty but more of a piece of brisket than a rib, mashed potatoes delicious. Artichoke usually enjoyable but on the 'skinny' side. Ahi salad - salad was fresh and multilayered in taste, but ahi was quite bland. Turtle cheesecake - loss - plain cheese cake with a load of pecans in a very diluted and tasteless chocolate sauce. No rich chocolate or caramel taste or substance. You know the waiter KNOWS it is a no go when most is left on the plate and no inquiry as to wanting it to be boxed or if you liked it.
- Football and ffoodnot compatibledmcleanDined on 6/14/2014The ambience is great. Service is very good--the staff was very efficient. I planned on the filet mignon, but our server suggested the NY strip was tastier. He then went into a lesson on how the meat was butchered and prepared so that it has a distinctive charred, but not burnt exterior. The in house butchers insure each cut is worth the $50 you're shelling out for a hunk of meat with no sides. Our salads were wet -- I would expect a restaurant of this calibre to have a salad spinner. Guess what else. My first cut into my steak was all grissle. Our side of potatoes au gratin were inedible. They were greasy potatoes in a casserole dish that I would have been embarrassed to serve. All in all, I suggest looking for better value in Vail.
- Not like Cherry Creek Elways at allLisaJaneDined on 6/11/2014I have been going to the Elways at Cherry Creek for years to celebrate my friend's birthday. We decided to go to Vail this time. First, the place was almost empty, which was a shock. Very little "Elway stuff" on the walls. Then we found out that some of our very favorite things on the menu weren't on the menu as we were still technically in the off season. (Mid June). So were were disappointed. Food and experience is not as good as Cherry Creek and I am not sure if we will return or just go back to Cherry Creek.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We were in Vail during the GoPro Games and were concerned about being able to find a quiet place for dinner. Elways not only fit the bill, but made it a memorable night! The service was excellent, from being greeted and seated right away on a covered patio to a wait team who took care of us throughout the leisurely meal. Steaks were cooked just as we requested and sides were well prepared and large enough to share. Desert, consisting of a scoop of ice cream and shot of a liquore of choice was unique and fun. Than kyou for a great evening!Special Features:
- Elegant, nice experienceJlc007Dined on 5/31/2014The service was as good as we've had at any steakhouse. Our server Ross was engaging, smart and kind. Steaks were perfect. This was a good choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Doesn't compare to Elway's qualityFoodieCriticVIPDined on 5/31/2014My honey and I are big fans of Elway's restaurants and frequent the two in Denver (downtown and Cherry Creek) on a regular basis. While the service is decent at the Elway's in Vail, the food quality just does not compare to the Denver locations. We shared a steak the last time we dined at the Vail location and it looked like it had been aged for a little too long. Even the server made a comment that the steak might look a little different in this lighting (on the patio). We love Elway's but after the third try in Vail, I can't say that we will go back.
- Delicious!!!Lynn44Dined on 5/18/2014This was the second time we were at the Elway's in Vail!!!! The filet is the best steak I have ever heard.......just delicious. The yukon mashed potatoes are my favorite...the waiter told me that they we gluten free. A relaxing evening with excellent food and we had great service.Special Features:
- The following 249 reviews are from the Elway's Vail reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014Staff courteous and attentive. Can not recommend a steak house that is unable to cook a steak. We were delivered 6 steak knives, none of which could cut the "New York strips" we ordered. The steak was tasty and cooked properly but NOT a New York Strip, and too tough to be cut by even 6 of their steak knives. Baked potato good and mushrooms good. Chocolate cake tasted like typical "box cake". The place should be perfect but it is far from it. Wish they could get it together.
- DisappointedBermudafoodieDined on 4/26/2014Having been to Elways in Den many times I expected much better service and it was almost empty that night. Being known for their steaks , the quality of the beef was fabulous but we both had requested MR and they were M. That might seem silly but we went there for a juicy steak! We didn't say anything since service was so poor we didn't want to wait any longer! We both live in the valley and I think I'll go back to Elways in Denver for my next steak fix! Many thanks for asking.Special Features:
- Good but not greatVailskibumDined on 4/20/2014Had dinner at Elways last Sunday. Food was good but not the best we had during our week in Vail. There are much better options for high end food on Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just finerichardDined on 4/19/2014Excellent food. Great location in Vail Village. Great Bulgarian waitor named Vasil. Good kids menu. Great steak. One of the best hamburgers ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dear Johnmyrnabird57Dined on 4/16/2014There was a fine dining atmosphere. John's salad was ample and outstanding. Elway's salmon with shrimp and lump crab was fresh and delectable. The service was impeccable. For my birthday celebration, we were served a scrumptious chocolate dessert on the house. Plus, I was given a special gift of Elway's steak seasoning. It was a pricey evening, but I'm worth it!Special Features:
- Overrated hot spotskimausVIPDined on 4/10/2014We were excited to try this hot spot but we had a hard time finding much positive with this experience. The atmosphere was very stark. The restaurant had way too many families with out of control kids and the food was not memorable. Our filet mignon steak was served on a white plate, no garnish and wasn't tender. Red pepper soup and Ahi tuna appetizer was good. Compared to our dinner earlier in the week at Russels Steakhouse, atmosphere, food and service was lacking. Comparing to my birthday meal at Flame Steakhouse with similar price point, the atmosphere and service at Flame were outstanding. Flame's steak came served on a sizzling platter with awesome sauces described in mouthwatering detail by our server. Just don't get the Elways hypeSpecial Features:
- Great experienceKlhowlsDined on 3/29/2014Pretty much what you expect in a prime steakhouse. The steaks were great, cooked perfectly with a nice char on the outside and the sides were fairly unique and tasty. The service was great and would recommend this place to people who love prime steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1TDineVIPDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I eat at the best steakhouses across the US & this was hands down the best start to finish meal we've ever had. Bone in-filet was awesome along with everything else we are. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick with meatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Meat was without par. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. Not a degree above or below requested doneness. Crab cakes were ok, as was the Mac n cheese. Drinks strong and service fast and pro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't Live Up to the NameFoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2014The service was merely acceptable. The food was average, particularly given the prices. The name and reviews attracted us, but we won't be back. The restaurant doesn't deliver the value expected from its pricing. There are many better options in Vale.
- Ruined my eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2014The good was ok but when paying with a check card drWing from am account with more than smoke funds, I was told the card was declined. I paid with another card. Upon checking with the bank I was informed the restaurant had reversed charges. The embarrassment ruined the evening and really the trip. Avoid this place at all costs
- Great Choice in VailPSCVDined on 3/19/2014Great choice for steaks & seafood. Delicious food and excellent service. Never an empty glass on the table, plates cleared quickly. Friendly but professional staff.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre service.Bran1devDined on 3/13/2014We thought the food was great. However, we thought the service was decent, but disengaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Excellent ServiceAuntBDined on 3/10/2014I took my friend out to thank her for letting me stay with her in Vail. We may have found a new place to make an annual event. I had heard of Elway's and always wanted to try it (especially since I was such a big fan of his while he was playing for the Bronco's!). Everything we had was absolutely delicious and we had a wonderful waiter who was very personable and very attentive! He really added to the enjoyment of our meal. The flavor of the rib-eye steak was superb and it was so tender. We had the Brussels Sprout Hash side dish which I probably never would have ordered without my friend suggesting it and I loved it! This is an expensive restaurant, but in this case I felt that the meal, and overall experience, was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, great steaksSteveDined on 3/9/2014Hard to find, tucked away in a lodge, but well worth the effort. We went for an early dinner and were not disappointed with the food and service. Staff were very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu item preparations. A good selection of wines and beers, and pretty awesome steaks. Mine had a little too much surface salt added during the flash cooking, but the New York cut was very tasty, tender, and cooked to order. Salads and the one side (asparagus) we had were generous and tasty. Toward the end of the meal the restaurant filled, and the noise level started to get uncomfortable in the main room where we were seated. On our way out, we learned of a separate quiet room near the fireplace that can be requested.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!BZappVIPDined on 3/7/2014The food was absolutely amazing! I would highly recommend ordering the lamb fondue for a starter! I enjoyed the short rib and my husband and friend enjoyed the bone in rib eye. We would highly recommend this location to others visiting the area and will definitely be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddinemuchDined on 3/6/2014Great service but disappointed in the New York Strips. ORDER the fillet instead. 1 of us had the fillet and it was outstanding. The other had a strip that was suppose to be medium-rare but came almost medium well. They offered to redo but that's always awkward. Liked the atmosphere but wouldn't hurry back since there are so many great restaurants in Vail.
- Had a reservation but waitedJohnDined on 2/25/2014Had a reservation but waited 30 minutes after arrival to be seated. Once waiter inquired about cocktails-wine and found out our group was not ordering any, its like we became second class customers to him. Total time spent at Elways' was 2.5 hrs! Tasty food but bad service.
- Great steaks and more.Dancingspirit9Dined on 2/25/2014Elway’s has steaks that rival the best New York steak houses. I love lamb and they have the best at Vail. The staff is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. They also offer lighter fare at the bar.Special Features: