1881 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/downtown
- Phone: 3033123107x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7am -10:00am; A la Carte Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am -2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm - 6:00pm - includes $3 Coors Light, $5 select glasses of wine and Prosecco, 1/2 price select bar menu appetizers. COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, HAPPY HOUR, BAR AND DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Bogart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Always the perfect setting, ELWAY'S Downtown welcomes your celebrations, events and business gatherings. We offer seating accommodations for 6 to 50 people.
ELWAY'S Room: Accommodates up to 12 guests.
Mile High Room: Seats up to 20 guests.
Hall of Fame Room: Hosts a maximum of 50 guests.
The Semi-Private Room is a partially enclosed area of the restaurant that can accommodate up to 70 guests.
To begin planning your personalized event and menu, please contact Jenni Boyer at (303) 312-3135 or at email@example.com.
All events include 8% tax and 21% gratuity.
Lunch events include a room facilitation fee, and dinner events have a minimum total for food and beverage sales.
- Cross Street: 18th & Curtis St
- Public Transit: ELWAY'S Downtown is located within walking distance to multiple bus and light rail stops. We are happy to assist in offering directions.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet services are offered through The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. All guests of ELWAY'S Downtown receive complimentary valet parking.
A word from ELWAY'S Downtown
ELWAY'S Downtown offers 100% USDA Prime steaks, hand-cut on the premises, an award-winning wine selection and a comfortable, memorable and attentive dining experience. Enjoy our outdoor terrace complete with HD TV's. With multiple private dining options to accommodate 6 to 50 people, ELWAY'S Downtown is the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
ELWAY'S Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
ELWAY'S Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)notable wine list (45)romantic (34)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (23)great for lunch (19)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Elway's:Denver's Big DisappointmentJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/13/2014With great anticipation, we arrived 20 minutes early for our 8 pm reservation (by Open Table) at Elway's inside beautiful Denver Ritz-Carlton.We would have to wait to be seated.No problem-restaurant was crowded and noisy.At 8 pm, our inquiry about reservation was met with tart response "Your reservation is for 8 on the dot." It was 8 on the dot.Several minutes later, another hostess came over to us - misidentifying us -apparently our reservation meant nothing.It's tough to remain hospitable on a busy night - staff did not attempt at even fake hospitality.They were tired and beat and so was the food and service at Elway's. My soup was not bad-chicken special was a plate of glop, enjoyed only by a pesky fruit fly that had dinner with us.Poor!Special Features:
- open table mistakemanyaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everything about our dinning experience was good. But I was upset because I made the reservation on open table and when we got there to check in there was some confusion about our reservation. Then the next day I got an email from open table saying that we did not honor our reservation and were a no show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was better than most, service was better than most! It was so loud at the ritz it seemed like a cafeteria, the pic on the website was misleading as far as what the dining area was to be! Spent over $200 for two people for what was good but not great! Won't go back!! I've had a better dining experience for $150 n tipped $60 due to the overall experience, one will not get that at elways!!Special Features:
- Elway's Downtown...Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014If someone wants to take you to Elway's Downtown, you say "Yes"!!! It is pricy...$53 for the bone-in rib eye...but it is one of the best steaks you will ever enjoy. I think our waitress might have been flirting with my wife, or both, but that's how good the service is. The menu at first glance looks like overpriced bar food, but order anything and you won't be disappointed. I had the coconut shrimp appetizer...only 3 shrimp...but these were prawns(large shrimp, with small shrimp flavor), amazing! The drinks are strong, and BOTH of our waiters were great with helping us make beverage and food choices. You will not walk out of Elway's hungry or dissatisfied...broke maybe...but not hungry.Special Features:
- DisappointedHannahDined on 8/9/2014I was hoping to have a romantic evening with my boyfriend at a nice restaurant. The ambiance was great but the food left a lot to be desired. It was over priced and I was not impressed. My boy friends steak was over cooked. I made the mistake of ordering a sald and could have done better at panera.Special Features:
- A little disappointing this timefrancoincDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I love Elways - this time was a bit of a letdown. Everything we had tonight was something we've had in the past - ind it just didn;t live up to the quality we've come to expect from Elways. Her steak tacos lacked the flavor she loved the last time, my artichok was undercooked and lamb was very fatty. They also were out of the wine we usually get there. We will be back hoping that this was an isolated incident
- Needs a remodelJeepDined on 8/8/2014Elway's has great food. Problem is the decor. Bright lights shining down on a wall of mirrors make the experience more like a Denny's. Probably won't go back there even though I eat a lot of lunches in downtown Denver.Special Features:
- Always a good choicedinerDined on 8/7/2014Lunch at Elway's is always a treat. I meet a friend there about every six months, and we usually stay for about two hours. We are never rushed. Servers do not give you the sense that they are hustling you to finish and leave. Yes, it is pricey, but it is such a luxury to be there that I never mind the cost. I did notice this time that more and more people coming into the Ritz and Elway's were dressed as though they had been to the beach or at a ballgame--to my mind, way too casual for such a nice place. Free valet a nice extra too. The food is just fine, but the service and the ambience are the restaurant's best qualities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good, but...johnVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, the wine list broad, if overly expensive, and the service was attentive. Our only real complaint was the noise level, which is exacerbated by the hard surfaces thriughout. A nice evening which would have been even better if we had been able to hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- Always dependableTammyDined on 7/31/2014You can always count on Elway's for good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsMoooVinOnDined on 7/28/2014This is a First Class restaurant! I didn't know what to expect, but Mr. Elway's notoriety lead me and my business associates to have dinner. The food, atmosphere and service were beyond expectations (and I'm comparing to Ruth's Chris, where I dined the night before).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakhouseDeltaMarkDined on 7/27/2014If you like an excellent steakhouse, Elway's will not disappoint. Great ambience inside the Ritz Carlton hotel. It's expensive like any other top steakhouse. Excellent food and presentation.Special Features:
- DON'T BOTHER!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014The best thing about the dinner was the bread. My husband and I both got appetizers, my husband the coconut shrimp woch had an extremely vinegary sauce, and I got the shrimp cocktail that was fairly decent. I got a salad with the white balsamic dressing that was very heavy on the vinegar. For entrees, I ordered the strip that was so grisly I could barely cut it with my steak knife (the waitress said you could cut their steaks with a fork - NOT). I sent it back and opted for a filet instead, which was much better than the strip (which is my favorite cut of meat). This dinner cost us $240.00+ with the tip. I've had way better steaks at Ted's Montana grill & it will cost you about a third of the money. THIS PLACE IS OVER RATED & OVER PRICED!!
- Great Steak and SeafoodLovingDenverDined on 7/27/2014All in all a great experience. It was a little dark inside so we opted to sit out on the patio which was nice. Would have gave the food outstanding but the asparagus was under cooked. The service was a little slow but this could have been due to us sitting outside.Special Features:
- DisappointingPearlDined on 7/21/2014Mushy shrimp that made my daughter ill (3 for $17), prime rib that was dried out and dark on the surface from air exposure, tough stringy asparagus and no visit apology from the manager or the chef when we had to send items back to the kitchen. Presentation of food resembled what you might expect in a diner. "Man Cave" décor. We will not return to this restaurant.
- Birthday dinnerZLewisDined on 7/19/2014The experience I had was horrible. Service was sub par at best. I expected much more from this place. I would not dine there again. I order a 14 oz steak and 4 oz of it was fat. From the time I sat down to the time I got any apitizers or salad was about an hour. And, the place was not even busy.
- Tres' YummyajronlineVIPDined on 7/17/2014I was treated to a business lunch by one of my favorite vendor representatives, and it was delicious from beginning to end. We started with the chicken corn chowder, very tasty and rich, and then on to the tenderloin salad. The tenderloin was perfectly prepared, at just the right temperature, with a crisp seasoning crust around the outside. I would recommend the iceberg over the Caesar. An enormous slab of chocolate cake that we couldn't possibly have finished and still gotten out the door for dessert, and we were completely happy with the meal. Our server was Scott, who was, as the hostess described him, "awesome". Friendly, attentive, and efficient service, along with the great food, made this a 5 star dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service overcomes foodCakewalkVIPDined on 7/14/2014Poor service from the onset when the hostess was MIA for several minutes leaving us ungreeted. She shows up and seats us at the worst table possible in a half empty place. We get her to move us, but she neglects to tell anyone so we sit for 8-10 minutes and not a single server comes to the table Finally get a server assigned. My date orders the salmon, and asks for the cream seafood toping on the side. You guessed it, the kitchen delivers the salmon swimming in cream sauce. Send it back to the kitchen, wait 8-10 minutes for it to come back. Our female wine steward was excellent. she go out of her way to recommend excellent wines and she even bought us water and bread when the serving staff electing to "go on strike" that night.
- Great food and service. $$$$boulderDined on 7/14/2014Great food and great service. Pricey though but worth it.Special Features:
- Price does not equal experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014If you are looking for a quality steakhouse in downtown denver I would suggest going elsewhere. The food was moderate at best. High priced steak houses tend to be very good, not this one....
- Great dinnerJeanWDined on 7/12/2014The service was wonderful and the food delicious. My friend and I shared a mediterranean salad (highly recommend) and John's salmon. Both were fantasticSpecial Features:
- Great for celebrating anniversarySmathyDined on 7/6/2014Our service was top-notch. The artichoke appetizer is not to be missed. Our dishes were excellent, although they could have been a bit less salty. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it3030Dined on 7/4/2014For the money you're spending, you're better off going somewhere else. Food was bland. Presentation was horrible. $180 for 2 people, without ordering any drinks. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Notable serviceDocJulieDined on 7/1/2014I read the mixed reviews on service, and our experience was excellent. We were a few minutes early, but we're seated right away. The water and wine list were brought promptly and the food arrived at appropriate amount of time. The filet was cooked to perfection and delicious ( somewhat salty, but good). The wine list has nice selections. For a special treat, I'd say Elway's would be a great choice.Special Features:
- Jeans? Really??????RestaurantPoliceDined on 6/27/2014The hostess was smug, off-putting and tried to seat us at the worst table in the back, to which I objected. This table was not much of an improvement;I was tempted to ask for a third table. The food servers were great and very friendly. We especially like the gal from Argentina. The biggest problem: Elway's NEEDS to institute a dress code. There were too many people in jeans and t-shirts. When dining at a very expensive restaurant, I expect the clientele to be appropriately dressed, and not appearing to have been prowling the streets. I wear jeans to those kinds of restaurants, but when it comes to elegant restaurants, people should dress more respectably. The prices border on being unreasonable, especially awash in a sea of blue jeans.Special Features:
- Original shine has tarnishedDiningoutDined on 6/26/2014We have always believed that Elways downtown was on apt with Capital Grille. Our visit proved otherwise. Our server brought the wrong champagne twice, was short with us and not accommodating in the least. The steak was seasoned but lacked taste. We chose to finish the night at the bar which was filthy. One bartender seemed to be working very hard, while her bar backs and other bartenders just watched her. No one wiped down the bar. We will not be back.Special Features:
- First time visitRicksReviewDined on 6/26/2014I had heard good reviews about Elway's. This was my first visit. I took some clients there for lunch. The food was very good. However, the service was horrible even though there were wait staff swirling around us constantly it was like our table did not have a waiter. It took a while to take our order. They then came back and filled our drink glasses. After that no one came to our table again for the rest of the meal. Seriously! That's no exaggeration! After we finished and we were ready to go we waited almost 15 minutes for someone to take our plates. I finally had to flag someone down that was not waiting on our table. After my clients left I shared with the hostess how bad the service was and gave her my card. No one ever called me.
- Horrible SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014The worst stake of my life, literally. I got the bone-in ribeye and it had stringy tough veins in it. I ended up not eating more than 1/3. I told the waitress who took it back to the chef. She later returned and said the chef agreed with me, that it was the second bone-in ribeye that had been sent back that night and that they were having a problem with their supplier (whatever that means). They did comp me the steak, taking it off of the bill. My mate had the prime rib which he said was amazing--he asked for it still-cold in the middle rare and they delivered (which isn't always possible with prime rib, which is oven prepared).
- gmolinaDined on 6/19/2014This place is AMAZING! Best prime rib I have ever tasted. It was my birthday and the hostess presented me with a birthday gift bag filled with Elway spices and marinates for steak. I thought it was very thoughtful. In addition, great drinks and sides as well. Definitely recommended for a special occasion or if you are looking for a night out at a great place.Special Features:
- Great night!WolfieDined on 6/19/2014Incredible wine list with some hard to find wines. The food was fantastic and the wait team superb. I'll definitely go back the next time that I'm in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/19/2014I had the Bone-In ribeye. It was delicious. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just average; overpricedDiner123Dined on 6/15/2014No complaints about the service. Wait staff was professional and courteous. However, the food was just so-so for the very high prices. I could have gotten a much better steak and salad for half the cost.
- DisappointingdineINdenverDined on 6/14/2014The hostess absolutely ruined the experience. We arrived roughly 30 minutes early to a relatively dead restaurant. She encouraged us to sit at the bar until our table was ready, upon when she would come and get us, so she said. Flash forward 45 minutes, 8:15 on an 8 PM reservation and I had to send the bartender to check on the status of our table. Again, upon arrival this place had many open tables, so I really don't understand why we were not sat before, or at our reservation time. However, this could have been an honest mistake. The icing on the cake, the attitude from this woman when she approached us at the bar! She was the farthest thing from apologetic and seemed almost annoyed that we had asked to be sat AFTER our reservation time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014Compared to other high end steak houses, not as good. Also did not like the dual server concept. You would think 2 servers would be better service but it was opposite of that.
- TootsDined on 6/7/2014The service was overall bad. The food was good, when it finally came. The sommilier Gail was terrific. Heather, our waitress was bad. I think she forgot about us. We waited 40 minutes for some bread and butter, and they finally took our order. Our order arrived at 9:50 p.m.; we got there at 8:00 p.m. We sent someone to look for the waitress and he disappeared, too. We refused to let it spoil our wedding anniversary. We are never going back.
- Gone Way DownhillBobbyKDined on 6/3/2014Just ate at Downtown unit of famed Elway's. Used to be top notch, now, not so much. While our table had two waiters, they never helped. Wrong food served. Had to wait a couple of minutes to get a waiter to bring steak knifes. At a steak place. They may have redone the bar but ruined the whole place. At $150+ per head, not worth it.
- enjoyable and deliciousMORTYDined on 5/31/2014this was our first time eating at Elway's. the food was excellent along with the service. a very enjoyable friendly atmosphere. the lamb chop fondue appetizer was GREAT!Special Features:
- love the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014took out of town friends here. The food is great. This time, the restaurant was very noisy due to some large parties sitting next to us. Not much the restaurant could do about it, but still made it uncomfortable to talk. Also , seemed like the chairs were too short for the table, which I couldn't quite figure out. I'll go back and give them another chance though. Great steak, uptown atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food, but disappointingHides8Dined on 5/31/2014The food was EXCELLENT! Best steak we've had in years, and the lamb was delicious too. However, we made reservations for 8:00pm and upon arrival were told that they were full and we'd have to wait. What's the point of making a reservation if you have to wait?! They had availability on the patio, so we decided to try it. Unfortunately, service is never the same on the patio...we were very disappointed. It was quiter outside than inside, so that was ok. As the night cooled off though, it was a little too cold, even with one of the warmers nearby. Overall, I think I'd rather travel the longer distance to the Elway's in Cherry Creek than take my chances at this location again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Great food and stunning ambiance. It took them 30 minutes to seat us after our reservation time. Service was attentive, but food was very slow between appetizers and entree. Extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.