1881 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/downtown
- Phone: (303) 312-3107
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7am -10:00am; A la Carte Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am -2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm - 6:00pm - includes $3 Coors Light, $5 select glasses of wine and Prosecco, 1/2 price select bar menu appetizers. COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, HAPPY HOUR, BAR AND DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Bogart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Always the perfect setting, ELWAY'S Downtown welcomes your celebrations, events and business gatherings. We offer seating accommodations for 6 to 50 people.
ELWAY'S Room: Accommodates up to 12 guests.
Mile High Room: Seats up to 20 guests.
Hall of Fame Room: Hosts a maximum of 50 guests.
The Semi-Private Room is a partially enclosed area of the restaurant that can accommodate up to 70 guests.
To begin planning your personalized event and menu, please contact Jenni Boyer at (303) 312-3135 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All events include 8% tax and 21% gratuity.
Lunch events include a room facilitation fee, and dinner events have a minimum total for food and beverage sales.
- Cross Street: 18th & Curtis St
- Public Transit: ELWAY'S Downtown is located within walking distance to multiple bus and light rail stops. We are happy to assist in offering directions.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet services are offered through The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. All guests of ELWAY'S Downtown receive complimentary valet parking.
A word from ELWAY'S Downtown
ELWAY'S Downtown offers 100% USDA Prime steaks, hand-cut on the premises, an award-winning wine selection and a comfortable, memorable and attentive dining experience. Enjoy our outdoor terrace complete with HD TV's. With multiple private dining options to accommodate 6 to 50 people, ELWAY'S Downtown is the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
ELWAY'S Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
ELWAY'S Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not what it used to be.londonmo123VIPDined on 11/24/2014We were regular visitors to Elways but had not been there in two years. The roast chicken is totally different and nowhere near as good as it was, very disappointing. Elways is now inout mind a decent restaurant but not the great one it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I had dined at Elways at cherry creek..had a better experience there...service was adequate but was lacking at times. The food is great although seemed a bit overpriced this time around...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 11/18/2014We had an excellent time at Elway's. Lee was an outstanding server and my bone-in filet was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver visitorsVisitors2VIPDined on 11/14/2014Had table reservation but ended up eating at bar and had a great time. Martinis and wine excellent as well as chicken corn chowder and scallops. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and SlowLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/11/2014We were looking forward to a nice dinner with a friend from out of town. The food was good; service exceptionally slow and inattentive; and outrageously noisy. Elways at Cherry Creek is better if you have to have an Elways.Special Features:
- Out of town visitorsVisitors2VIPDined on 11/10/2014Perfect steak enough to share. Wait staff offered opened bottle of wine another table rejected for 1/3 menu price, allowed tasting before deciding, very happy with this choice and even happier with $40 for 3.5 glasses as opposed to $120 for 4. We are going back tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great, service needs polisheatallthingsDined on 11/7/2014Great: First courses were all delicious (red pepper soup, BLT salad, beet-mozzarella salad), though the dressing on the beets was too mustardy. Mains were excellent: two of us had 8 oz NY strips, perfectly seasoned and cooked exactly how we wanted; the other had ahi tuna, which was seared perfectly. Sides were also tasty, esp. rice with duck. Creminis were also good, but the portion was a bit skimpy. Lastly, we were impressed by the wine list and found a terrific tempranillo. Needs improvement: pace and timing of service could use some work. The meal progressed a little too quickly overall, and the main problem was that our mains were served before we finished our first course. This was pretty annoying for such a high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- Started off well, finished weakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014My Wife and I went there for our 2nd Anniversary. We were from out of town and were super excited to try one of the best steak houses in Denver. The service started out well as we had two servers that were going to give us the best experience. All the food came out on time and was fairly good. I have had better steaks for a cheaper price, but still enjoyed what we got. Once we ordered our 2nd set of drinks they never ended up coming. After 15-20 minutes one of the servers finally stopped by our table and we told her that we were ready for the check and to cancel the 2nd set of drinks. We feel that both of them were going thru the steps and really didnt make it an experience that we were hoping for.
- We love Elway's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We had an amazing time at Elway's. Amber and Michael are great bartenders who were so fun, we canceled our reservation for a table and ate our meal at the bar. Food was outstanding - the Lambchop Fondue was out of this world and we will definitely go back just for that!Special Features:
- Not worth ithennypennyDined on 10/30/2014The food was overpriced and not top quality as you would expect for the location (in the Ritz Carlton). We were expecting much more.
- ExcellentViktorDined on 10/26/2014Everything about the restaurant was great. They absolutely listened to my request from open table. We're in a quiet setting with the table set for an anniversary. Rose pedals on the table and a gift from Elway'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedCryoFXVIPDined on 10/25/2014While in Denver on vacation my wife and I decided to try Elway's. I opted for a fish special. Was told that they were out of the special but that the steaks were the best in the nation, etc. etc. So I got a steak and have to say I've had much better. Although they say they are aged on site, my steak did not appear to be properly aged and the cut was less than spectacular. The cooking / temperature was spot on. Our service was really good which makes this hard to write. My wife's dish was salmon and that was okay but have had better. For the price, neither of us felt we received what we paid for. This is an expensive restaurant that does not really delivery. Better steak is had at "less high end" places in Denver for sure.
- Best steaks in DenverChiefDined on 10/21/2014Great food, service a little slow but it was a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the name fool ya!kidsaregoneDined on 10/21/2014Service was great and as expected. Food was average. It was just average and didn't exceed any expectations. I didn't see anything related to Elway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I flew in the Broncos game and since he is a huge Elway fan we wanted to try out the restaurant. Your restaurant was outstanding. The food and service was amazing..Special Features:
- Great, but overwhelmedValhalladinerDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent, the service was pretty great, except servers came to my table every two minutes to fill up our drinks. Yes, they were getting empty. But I would like a good ten minute gap between being served as to have a decent conversation with my date. Over all pleased thoughSpecial Features:
- Awesome strip steakRentsniteoutDined on 10/16/2014I ordered the strip steak. Second best steak I've had and 46 years. Truly excellent flavor not masked by any added spices. My husband had the lamb chops which he devoured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurantDickVIPDined on 10/12/2014Absolutely outstanding in every category , the staff is super friendly, and the quality of food impeccable , be sure to try the Colorado rack of lamb.Special Features:
- Great WaitstaffKimmieJDined on 10/9/2014Our waiters were so friendly and accommodating!!!!!Special Features:
- always dependableTammyDined on 10/8/2014It's always good food, service and atmosphere. I frequent Elways and will continue to do soSpecial Features:
- Simply OutstandingAndrewDined on 10/3/2014Everything about Elway's Downtown was exceptional. The food, the atmosphere, the service, everything. Could not have asked for a better experience, unless John Elway himself had been there.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 10/2/2014My partner and I spent our 21st Anniversary dining at Elway's downtown location and we had a wonderful time. Phil, Amber, Chris and Scott...all of them made the two of us feel very special that evening. I had the Ribs "off the bone" with mashed potatoes and Jeff had the Rack of Lamb with brussell sprouts. Both were great and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!TheSeekerDined on 10/2/2014The meal and service were so good we went back the next night, first time I've ever done that! Our primary server, Lee, was all over everything including adjusting a light that was shining directly on one of my colleagues. Not quite sure how it could have been better, will try to go back on return business trips to Denver.Special Features:
- Awesome!Guff64Dined on 9/23/2014Outstanding service, excellent wine list. Waiter went out of his way to let me "build" a dish that wasn't on the menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buckDined on 9/23/2014This a one time experience. Way to expensive Very nice place Beer was warmSpecial Features:
- swanVIPDined on 9/22/2014This is one of the best steakhouses in the country. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Came from Miami to celebrate 40th bday. Table was romantic for the two of us. When I booked in August I advised of bday celebration, but nothing. However, crab cakes are the second best I have ever had. Most importantly the drinks, the drinks were terrific. Also we planned to eat an full course meal, but the starters and side of creamy Mac n cheese quickly filled us up that we have obliged ourselves to return to eat what we initially went there to eat STEAK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularsharpcoloradoDined on 9/16/2014Service is top notch. If this is your first time, and you love steak, get the bone in rib eye. From calamari to creme brulee, this is the place to go for a dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Steaklovers Steak ExperienceDuglas61VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great steak experience. Any steakhouse which offers a bone in filet on their regular menu exceeds my expectations. The seasoning on the steak created a crust and the flavors were amazing. The Brussels sprouts were prepared very well laced with shallots and garlic. Service was very attentive and engaged.Special Features:
- MeatsunmomDined on 9/14/2014Meat is the speciality here, steak, filet, buffalo, you name it and they know how to prepare it. Very good.Special Features:
- Majorly disappointedSteakDined on 9/13/2014We show up for our 8:30 reservation 10 minutes early, and are told it will be just a minute and we can go enjoy a glass of wine at the bar. So we then proceed to sit around for 40 minutes until 9:00. In the mean time, many groups who came after us were promptly seated. My wife and I could no longer wait, so we thanked the hostess and explained we had to go find a restraunt that would seat us. What is the point of a reservation !?!?Special Features:
- Delicious SteakTomVDined on 9/13/2014If you're a meat eater, can't go wrong here. Had the bone-in ribeye and it may very well be the best steak I've ever eaten (and I've eaten at a lot of the most popular steakhouses in the country).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We so enjoyed our dining experience at Elway's. The restaurant was very pretty, the service was very good and the steaks were outstanding. Everyone loved their salads & soup. I would highly recommend Elway's to anyone who has the opportunity to eat at one. We live in Florida & I do not believe there are any here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSS99Dined on 9/10/2014Our dinner took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Between the appetizer to the salad - 20 minutes wait and between the salad and steak it was 30 minutes! When we asked to check on our steaks - she said the kitchen was behind although 4 other tables that arrived after us were served before us. In addition the buffalo steak that one person at our table had was very overseasoned which made the steak inedible.Lastly since it was my son's birthday and he wanted dessert, we were able to order the choc cake quickly, however even that took 15 minutes to arrive! They did end up comping our appetizer and the inedible steak but that did not take away from this negative experience and although we eat out frequently at nice restaurants we will not return here.Special Features:
- Good food. Decent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We got there early they sent us to the bar but they never came to seat us. We had to go back to hostess stand to remind them we were there. Other than that it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great lunch with my friend for her birthday. The waitress was very friendly and made her birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serverCookiemonsterDined on 9/3/2014Food was great! The server, Scott, was wonderful.Special Features:
- Elways AlwaysTuesdays13Dined on 9/3/2014It Was My first Time Here And Elways Provided The Best Dining Experience I've Ever Had. The Waitstaff Was Extremely Friendly And I Felt Like I Was Being Pampered. If You Have The Opportunity To Go To Elways, Do It! You Won't Forget It OR Regret It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Elway's. As always the food was delicious. We love the lobster cocktail as an appetizer. Delicious! The steak is always cooked perfectly and tastes delicious. The only disappointment was the service of being seated. We arrived 30 minutes early. We did not mind sitting in the bar and knew that might happen. However, when we checked in, they said they would seat us as it got closer to our reservation time. There were tables available so it seemed like they could have sat us. Maybe they had a particular table set aside for us. I am not sure. It would have been nice to know the status or timing of when they thought they would seat us.Special Features:
- Didn't Quite Hit the MarkTravelLoversLocalLoversDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were looking for a unique and romantic dinner while in town and thought with a sport legend behind an establishment we couldn't go wrong. While the service was great, the restaurant didn't quite hit the mark like we were hoping. For high-priced, fine dining, I would expect the restaurant to be much less noisy and create an ambiance. The steaks were yummy but nothing to write home about. Overall, we were slightly disappointed by the restaurant, especially considering the price point for a meal, and will not likely return on our future trips to the city.Special Features: