1881 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/downtown
- Phone: 3033123107x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7am -10:00am; A la Carte Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am -2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm - 6:00pm - includes $3 Coors Light, $5 select glasses of wine and Prosecco, 1/2 price select bar menu appetizers. COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, HAPPY HOUR, BAR AND DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Bogart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Always the perfect setting, ELWAY'S Downtown welcomes your celebrations, events and business gatherings. We offer seating accommodations for 6 to 50 people.
ELWAY'S Room: Accommodates up to 12 guests.
Mile High Room: Seats up to 20 guests.
Hall of Fame Room: Hosts a maximum of 50 guests.
The Semi-Private Room is a partially enclosed area of the restaurant that can accommodate up to 70 guests.
To begin planning your personalized event and menu, please contact Jenni Boyer at (303) 312-3135 or at email@example.com.
All events include 8% tax and 21% gratuity.
Lunch events include a room facilitation fee, and dinner events have a minimum total for food and beverage sales.
- Cross Street: 18th & Curtis St
- Public Transit: ELWAY'S Downtown is located within walking distance to multiple bus and light rail stops. We are happy to assist in offering directions.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet services are offered through The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. All guests of ELWAY'S Downtown receive complimentary valet parking.
A word from ELWAY'S Downtown
ELWAY'S Downtown offers 100% USDA Prime steaks, hand-cut on the premises, an award-winning wine selection and a comfortable, memorable and attentive dining experience. Enjoy our outdoor terrace complete with HD TV's. With multiple private dining options to accommodate 6 to 50 people, ELWAY'S Downtown is the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
ELWAY'S Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
ELWAY'S Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)notable wine list (52)romantic (46)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (34)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I flew in the Broncos game and since he is a huge Elway fan we wanted to try out the restaurant. Your restaurant was outstanding. The food and service was amazing..Special Features:
- Great, but overwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent, the service was pretty great, except servers came to my table every two minutes to fill up our drinks. Yes, they were getting empty. But I would like a good ten minute gap between being served as to have a decent conversation with my date. Over all pleased thoughSpecial Features:
- Awesome strip steakRentsniteoutDined on 10/16/2014I ordered the strip steak. Second best steak I've had and 46 years. Truly excellent flavor not masked by any added spices. My husband had the lamb chops which he devoured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurantDickVIPDined on 10/12/2014Absolutely outstanding in every category , the staff is super friendly, and the quality of food impeccable , be sure to try the Colorado rack of lamb.Special Features:
- Great WaitstaffKimmieJDined on 10/9/2014Our waiters were so friendly and accommodating!!!!!Special Features:
- always dependableTammyDined on 10/8/2014It's always good food, service and atmosphere. I frequent Elways and will continue to do soSpecial Features:
- Simply OutstandingAndrewDined on 10/3/2014Everything about Elway's Downtown was exceptional. The food, the atmosphere, the service, everything. Could not have asked for a better experience, unless John Elway himself had been there.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 10/2/2014My partner and I spent our 21st Anniversary dining at Elway's downtown location and we had a wonderful time. Phil, Amber, Chris and Scott...all of them made the two of us feel very special that evening. I had the Ribs "off the bone" with mashed potatoes and Jeff had the Rack of Lamb with brussell sprouts. Both were great and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!TheSeekerDined on 10/2/2014The meal and service were so good we went back the next night, first time I've ever done that! Our primary server, Lee, was all over everything including adjusting a light that was shining directly on one of my colleagues. Not quite sure how it could have been better, will try to go back on return business trips to Denver.Special Features:
- Awesome!Guff64Dined on 9/23/2014Outstanding service, excellent wine list. Waiter went out of his way to let me "build" a dish that wasn't on the menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buckDined on 9/23/2014This a one time experience. Way to expensive Very nice place Beer was warmSpecial Features:
- swanVIPDined on 9/22/2014This is one of the best steakhouses in the country. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Came from Miami to celebrate 40th bday. Table was romantic for the two of us. When I booked in August I advised of bday celebration, but nothing. However, crab cakes are the second best I have ever had. Most importantly the drinks, the drinks were terrific. Also we planned to eat an full course meal, but the starters and side of creamy Mac n cheese quickly filled us up that we have obliged ourselves to return to eat what we initially went there to eat STEAK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularsharpcoloradoDined on 9/16/2014Service is top notch. If this is your first time, and you love steak, get the bone in rib eye. From calamari to creme brulee, this is the place to go for a dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Steaklovers Steak ExperienceDuglas61VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great steak experience. Any steakhouse which offers a bone in filet on their regular menu exceeds my expectations. The seasoning on the steak created a crust and the flavors were amazing. The Brussels sprouts were prepared very well laced with shallots and garlic. Service was very attentive and engaged.Special Features:
- MeatsunmomDined on 9/14/2014Meat is the speciality here, steak, filet, buffalo, you name it and they know how to prepare it. Very good.Special Features:
- Majorly disappointedSteakDined on 9/13/2014We show up for our 8:30 reservation 10 minutes early, and are told it will be just a minute and we can go enjoy a glass of wine at the bar. So we then proceed to sit around for 40 minutes until 9:00. In the mean time, many groups who came after us were promptly seated. My wife and I could no longer wait, so we thanked the hostess and explained we had to go find a restraunt that would seat us. What is the point of a reservation !?!?Special Features:
- Delicious SteakTomVDined on 9/13/2014If you're a meat eater, can't go wrong here. Had the bone-in ribeye and it may very well be the best steak I've ever eaten (and I've eaten at a lot of the most popular steakhouses in the country).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We so enjoyed our dining experience at Elway's. The restaurant was very pretty, the service was very good and the steaks were outstanding. Everyone loved their salads & soup. I would highly recommend Elway's to anyone who has the opportunity to eat at one. We live in Florida & I do not believe there are any here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSS99Dined on 9/10/2014Our dinner took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Between the appetizer to the salad - 20 minutes wait and between the salad and steak it was 30 minutes! When we asked to check on our steaks - she said the kitchen was behind although 4 other tables that arrived after us were served before us. In addition the buffalo steak that one person at our table had was very overseasoned which made the steak inedible.Lastly since it was my son's birthday and he wanted dessert, we were able to order the choc cake quickly, however even that took 15 minutes to arrive! They did end up comping our appetizer and the inedible steak but that did not take away from this negative experience and although we eat out frequently at nice restaurants we will not return here.Special Features:
- Good food. Decent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We got there early they sent us to the bar but they never came to seat us. We had to go back to hostess stand to remind them we were there. Other than that it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great lunch with my friend for her birthday. The waitress was very friendly and made her birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serverCookiemonsterDined on 9/3/2014Food was great! The server, Scott, was wonderful.Special Features:
- Elways AlwaysTuesdays13Dined on 9/3/2014It Was My first Time Here And Elways Provided The Best Dining Experience I've Ever Had. The Waitstaff Was Extremely Friendly And I Felt Like I Was Being Pampered. If You Have The Opportunity To Go To Elways, Do It! You Won't Forget It OR Regret It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Elway's. As always the food was delicious. We love the lobster cocktail as an appetizer. Delicious! The steak is always cooked perfectly and tastes delicious. The only disappointment was the service of being seated. We arrived 30 minutes early. We did not mind sitting in the bar and knew that might happen. However, when we checked in, they said they would seat us as it got closer to our reservation time. There were tables available so it seemed like they could have sat us. Maybe they had a particular table set aside for us. I am not sure. It would have been nice to know the status or timing of when they thought they would seat us.Special Features:
- Didn't Quite Hit the MarkTravelLoversLocalLoversDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were looking for a unique and romantic dinner while in town and thought with a sport legend behind an establishment we couldn't go wrong. While the service was great, the restaurant didn't quite hit the mark like we were hoping. For high-priced, fine dining, I would expect the restaurant to be much less noisy and create an ambiance. The steaks were yummy but nothing to write home about. Overall, we were slightly disappointed by the restaurant, especially considering the price point for a meal, and will not likely return on our future trips to the city.Special Features:
- luvElway'sluvagoodmealDined on 8/30/2014Brought friends with us for dinner; it was their first time. From the moment we were greeted until the time we left, we were pampered at a leisurely pace. We all had steak and the spices used for the steak are unbelievable. It is hard to believe there are 32 spices on the steak, but what an amazing flavor -- unparalleled to any other restaurant. Service was incredible, well-informed, polite and yet courteous. Desserts were portioned well -- not too much and not too little. We had the key lime pie, turtle cheesecake and ice cream. All were wonderful. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayALHJVIPDined on 8/29/2014I was not very impressed. The prime rib was good, not great...and it was tough to cut. I ordered it rare, and it was medium rare. The dessert was awful! No one in my group ate more than a bite. Disappointed.Special Features:
- It was our first time in there.SikhanthaDined on 8/29/2014It was alright, the food was good and we will come back to visit again.Special Features:
- Visiting from upstate NYMikeDDined on 8/28/2014I recommended Elway's to take my sister's BF out to dinner for his birthday and they could not stop raving about how great the food was. I obviously made a great choice and they will want to go back to Elway's when they return to Colorado for another visit.Special Features:
- Overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing the best meal we have ever had. Loved the service they were awesome and very friendly. Gave us great recommendations I would have never ordered the cream corn had it not been for them. We were celebrating my Dads 90th birthday wanted it to be special we were not disappointedSpecial Features:
- NOT the choice for restaurant week.CapHillMistressDined on 8/26/2014My boyfriend and I chose this over many other restaurants that are participating in restaurant week. We hadn't been before and it was a good chance for us to test the menu. Boy am I glad I did before paying exorbitant prices for a mediocre meal. At least I assume, we didn't get regular menus (other diners did), our only choice was restaurant week menus. Salad was boring, both of our prime ribs were tough. The saving grace was his red pepper soup (Delicious!). Maybe it was because we are younger, but the service we got was sub-par. We both felt as if we were being ignored, something we encounter at times, but we expected more from Elway's, especially considering the fact that we were celebrating his birthday. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Made even the basics distinctiveEddyDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed another restaurant this week, in this same class of steakhouse. That experience was good, but Elways was distinctively better. Made the basics come alive like creamed corn and mashed potatoes. Pick a place for these two side items? Heck no. But everything that was served, everything, exceeded expectations. Steak was great too, of course. Great culinary experience. Loved the dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful date nightPinkyDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night. The service, the food and the venue were fantastic. From the host to services were excellent. My husband had a prime rib and I had the sirloin. The corn and mashed potatoes were great. My husband was skeptical in the beginning, because of the not appealing caesar salad, at the end he was sold by wonderful meal we had. Meat was cooked perfectly according our wish. We can go with different dessert than peach cobbler. Overall was a wonderful night for us.Special Features:
- Don't Do Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I guess its good if u want to get a mediocre steak but as soon as u answer "Yes" that u are with Restaurant Week, they will completely disregard u as a REAL customer. My boyfriend and I, along with what seemed like all the other R. Weekers were seated in the back right next to the kitchen. The cesar was good but when they say "small", they mean it. 4 bites, tops! My steak (Top sirloin) was overcooked and had more grizzle than meat. Judging from how hot the plate was, it was under the hot lamps for a while. The mashed potatoes are good but thats not why u go. for dessert, u have 1 option, peach cobbler/crumble. Its good, but I like options. All in all, I've heard that this is a great restaurant, just not for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Very good, but not quite thererod1916Dined on 8/24/2014Elways was very good. There, I said it. The food was good, the service was decent, the ambiance was OK. Given the price we paid for the meal, I would have expected more. There are other places around town (in the same price range) that are outstanding and memorable. We had a good steak, but not one that we will remember down the road. The service was acceptable, but not outstanding. The noise level and ambiance was a slight step above a casual steak place, but not to the level one would expect. For our special occasion meals my wife and I both agree that this would be top 10 in Denver. Just not at the top of the top 10, which means we likely will go somewhere else when we are looking for that special place in the future.Special Features:
- Great CelebrationLoriWolfeDined on 8/24/2014We went to Elway's for a birthday celebration, and our waiter went above and beyond to make it special. He brought out a container of steak seasoning as a gift. In addition, he brought a free dessert for the birthday boy as well as an additional dessert for me as I am gluten free. It was so very special.Special Features:
- ElwaysFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This will be my last time going to this restaurant. The service was horrible. I did not see my server until we were done with our meal. I had the steakand it was burnt and really DRY! My husband got the prime rib and it was not cooked the way he wanted, also completely dry! I would not recommend Elway to any of my friends. For being a high end restaurant, everything was horrible.Special Features:
- First timerluvfreshfishDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time here, and it won't be our last! The recommendations from Heather and assistant Scott were spot on! The sirloin melted in your mouth and was done perfectly! Hubby had prime rib and he didn't talk during the whole time - it was that good! The house specialty creamed corn was homemade goodness. Never waited for water, or to have dirty dishes taken off table. Great experience!!Special Features:
- FoodReviewsDined on 8/22/2014The food was not at all what I expected. The steak was burned, lobster was very salty, the shrimp was battered but not cooked enough so it was doughy. The only thing I liked was the creamed corn and the water!!Special Features: