1881 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/downtown
- Phone: 3033123107x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7am -10:00am; A la Carte Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00am - 2:00pm, Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am -2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Daily 4:00pm - 6:00pm - includes $3 Coors Light, $5 select glasses of wine and Prosecco, 1/2 price select bar menu appetizers. COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH, HAPPY HOUR, BAR AND DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Bogart
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Always the perfect setting, ELWAY'S Downtown welcomes your celebrations, events and business gatherings. We offer seating accommodations for 6 to 50 people.
ELWAY'S Room: Accommodates up to 12 guests.
Mile High Room: Seats up to 20 guests.
Hall of Fame Room: Hosts a maximum of 50 guests.
The Semi-Private Room is a partially enclosed area of the restaurant that can accommodate up to 70 guests.
To begin planning your personalized event and menu, please contact Jenni Boyer at (303) 312-3135 or at email@example.com.
All events include 8% tax and 21% gratuity.
Lunch events include a room facilitation fee, and dinner events have a minimum total for food and beverage sales.
- Cross Street: 18th & Curtis St
- Public Transit: ELWAY'S Downtown is located within walking distance to multiple bus and light rail stops. We are happy to assist in offering directions.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet services are offered through The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. All guests of ELWAY'S Downtown receive complimentary valet parking.
A word from ELWAY'S Downtown
ELWAY'S Downtown offers 100% USDA Prime steaks, hand-cut on the premises, an award-winning wine selection and a comfortable, memorable and attentive dining experience. Enjoy our outdoor terrace complete with HD TV's. With multiple private dining options to accommodate 6 to 50 people, ELWAY'S Downtown is the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
ELWAY'S Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
ELWAY'S Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)notable wine list (55)romantic (47)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (20)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Steaklovers Steak ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great steak experience. Any steakhouse which offers a bone in filet on their regular menu exceeds my expectations. The seasoning on the steak created a crust and the flavors were amazing. The Brussels sprouts were prepared very well laced with shallots and garlic. Service was very attentive and engaged.Special Features:
- MeatsunmomDined on 9/14/2014Meat is the speciality here, steak, filet, buffalo, you name it and they know how to prepare it. Very good.Special Features:
- Majorly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We show up for our 8:30 reservation 10 minutes early, and are told it will be just a minute and we can go enjoy a glass of wine at the bar. So we then proceed to sit around for 40 minutes until 9:00. In the mean time, many groups who came after us were promptly seated. My wife and I could no longer wait, so we thanked the hostess and explained we had to go find a restraunt that would seat us. What is the point of a reservation !?!?Special Features:
- Awesome dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We so enjoyed our dining experience at Elway's. The restaurant was very pretty, the service was very good and the steaks were outstanding. Everyone loved their salads & soup. I would highly recommend Elway's to anyone who has the opportunity to eat at one. We live in Florida & I do not believe there are any here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSS99Dined on 9/10/2014Our dinner took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Between the appetizer to the salad - 20 minutes wait and between the salad and steak it was 30 minutes! When we asked to check on our steaks - she said the kitchen was behind although 4 other tables that arrived after us were served before us. In addition the buffalo steak that one person at our table had was very overseasoned which made the steak inedible.Lastly since it was my son's birthday and he wanted dessert, we were able to order the choc cake quickly, however even that took 15 minutes to arrive! They did end up comping our appetizer and the inedible steak but that did not take away from this negative experience and although we eat out frequently at nice restaurants we will not return here.Special Features:
- Good food. Decent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We got there early they sent us to the bar but they never came to seat us. We had to go back to hostess stand to remind them we were there. Other than that it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Had a great lunch with my friend for her birthday. The waitress was very friendly and made her birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serverCookiemonsterDined on 9/3/2014Food was great! The server, Scott, was wonderful.Special Features:
- Elways AlwaysTuesdays13Dined on 9/3/2014It Was My first Time Here And Elways Provided The Best Dining Experience I've Ever Had. The Waitstaff Was Extremely Friendly And I Felt Like I Was Being Pampered. If You Have The Opportunity To Go To Elways, Do It! You Won't Forget It OR Regret It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Elway's. As always the food was delicious. We love the lobster cocktail as an appetizer. Delicious! The steak is always cooked perfectly and tastes delicious. The only disappointment was the service of being seated. We arrived 30 minutes early. We did not mind sitting in the bar and knew that might happen. However, when we checked in, they said they would seat us as it got closer to our reservation time. There were tables available so it seemed like they could have sat us. Maybe they had a particular table set aside for us. I am not sure. It would have been nice to know the status or timing of when they thought they would seat us.Special Features:
- Didn't Quite Hit the MarkTravelLoversLocalLoversDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were looking for a unique and romantic dinner while in town and thought with a sport legend behind an establishment we couldn't go wrong. While the service was great, the restaurant didn't quite hit the mark like we were hoping. For high-priced, fine dining, I would expect the restaurant to be much less noisy and create an ambiance. The steaks were yummy but nothing to write home about. Overall, we were slightly disappointed by the restaurant, especially considering the price point for a meal, and will not likely return on our future trips to the city.Special Features:
- luvElway'sluvagoodmealDined on 8/30/2014Brought friends with us for dinner; it was their first time. From the moment we were greeted until the time we left, we were pampered at a leisurely pace. We all had steak and the spices used for the steak are unbelievable. It is hard to believe there are 32 spices on the steak, but what an amazing flavor -- unparalleled to any other restaurant. Service was incredible, well-informed, polite and yet courteous. Desserts were portioned well -- not too much and not too little. We had the key lime pie, turtle cheesecake and ice cream. All were wonderful. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okayALHJVIPDined on 8/29/2014I was not very impressed. The prime rib was good, not great...and it was tough to cut. I ordered it rare, and it was medium rare. The dessert was awful! No one in my group ate more than a bite. Disappointed.Special Features:
- It was our first time in there.SikhanthaDined on 8/29/2014It was alright, the food was good and we will come back to visit again.Special Features:
- Visiting from upstate NYMikeDDined on 8/28/2014I recommended Elway's to take my sister's BF out to dinner for his birthday and they could not stop raving about how great the food was. I obviously made a great choice and they will want to go back to Elway's when they return to Colorado for another visit.Special Features:
- Overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The food was amazing the best meal we have ever had. Loved the service they were awesome and very friendly. Gave us great recommendations I would have never ordered the cream corn had it not been for them. We were celebrating my Dads 90th birthday wanted it to be special we were not disappointedSpecial Features:
- NOT the choice for restaurant week.CapHillMistressDined on 8/26/2014My boyfriend and I chose this over many other restaurants that are participating in restaurant week. We hadn't been before and it was a good chance for us to test the menu. Boy am I glad I did before paying exorbitant prices for a mediocre meal. At least I assume, we didn't get regular menus (other diners did), our only choice was restaurant week menus. Salad was boring, both of our prime ribs were tough. The saving grace was his red pepper soup (Delicious!). Maybe it was because we are younger, but the service we got was sub-par. We both felt as if we were being ignored, something we encounter at times, but we expected more from Elway's, especially considering the fact that we were celebrating his birthday. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Made even the basics distinctiveEddyDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed another restaurant this week, in this same class of steakhouse. That experience was good, but Elways was distinctively better. Made the basics come alive like creamed corn and mashed potatoes. Pick a place for these two side items? Heck no. But everything that was served, everything, exceeded expectations. Steak was great too, of course. Great culinary experience. Loved the dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful date nightPinkyDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I had a wonderful date night. The service, the food and the venue were fantastic. From the host to services were excellent. My husband had a prime rib and I had the sirloin. The corn and mashed potatoes were great. My husband was skeptical in the beginning, because of the not appealing caesar salad, at the end he was sold by wonderful meal we had. Meat was cooked perfectly according our wish. We can go with different dessert than peach cobbler. Overall was a wonderful night for us.Special Features:
- Don't Do Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I guess its good if u want to get a mediocre steak but as soon as u answer "Yes" that u are with Restaurant Week, they will completely disregard u as a REAL customer. My boyfriend and I, along with what seemed like all the other R. Weekers were seated in the back right next to the kitchen. The cesar was good but when they say "small", they mean it. 4 bites, tops! My steak (Top sirloin) was overcooked and had more grizzle than meat. Judging from how hot the plate was, it was under the hot lamps for a while. The mashed potatoes are good but thats not why u go. for dessert, u have 1 option, peach cobbler/crumble. Its good, but I like options. All in all, I've heard that this is a great restaurant, just not for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Very good, but not quite thererod1916Dined on 8/24/2014Elways was very good. There, I said it. The food was good, the service was decent, the ambiance was OK. Given the price we paid for the meal, I would have expected more. There are other places around town (in the same price range) that are outstanding and memorable. We had a good steak, but not one that we will remember down the road. The service was acceptable, but not outstanding. The noise level and ambiance was a slight step above a casual steak place, but not to the level one would expect. For our special occasion meals my wife and I both agree that this would be top 10 in Denver. Just not at the top of the top 10, which means we likely will go somewhere else when we are looking for that special place in the future.Special Features:
- Great CelebrationLoriWolfeDined on 8/24/2014We went to Elway's for a birthday celebration, and our waiter went above and beyond to make it special. He brought out a container of steak seasoning as a gift. In addition, he brought a free dessert for the birthday boy as well as an additional dessert for me as I am gluten free. It was so very special.Special Features:
- ElwaysFoodieDined on 8/23/2014This will be my last time going to this restaurant. The service was horrible. I did not see my server until we were done with our meal. I had the steakand it was burnt and really DRY! My husband got the prime rib and it was not cooked the way he wanted, also completely dry! I would not recommend Elway to any of my friends. For being a high end restaurant, everything was horrible.Special Features:
- First timerluvfreshfishDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time here, and it won't be our last! The recommendations from Heather and assistant Scott were spot on! The sirloin melted in your mouth and was done perfectly! Hubby had prime rib and he didn't talk during the whole time - it was that good! The house specialty creamed corn was homemade goodness. Never waited for water, or to have dirty dishes taken off table. Great experience!!Special Features:
- FoodReviewsDined on 8/22/2014The food was not at all what I expected. The steak was burned, lobster was very salty, the shrimp was battered but not cooked enough so it was doughy. The only thing I liked was the creamed corn and the water!!Special Features:
- I love #7'sLoRoDined on 8/22/2014I love John Elways restaurant. Don't fear the price tag. You will not be disappointed. Ever time we've been there we've spent some money but it is worth every penny!!! SO... SO... GOOD!!!Special Features:
- SDSueDDined on 8/21/2014If you are looking for a premium steak look no further! The Steaks were cooked perfectly medium & medium rare as ordered. Inside is a bit loud so we chose to eat outside on a beautiful evening. We are from Chicago on vacation and would recommend this all our friends & family here in Denver & in Chicago if they visit Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How it's supposed to beClassicDined on 8/20/2014Had a great experience from beginning in the bar with apps to dinner including a ny strip that could be mistaken for a tender juicy filet with amazing flavor, perfectly prepared sides and a couple of entertaining social wait staff members. The night was capped off upon retuning to the bar for desert - 4 different ones that were all awesome - and desert coffees after the Rockies actually won a game! Bar was hoppin at 11pm on weds night too - great place - definitely go back.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014It was our anniversary the night we ate at Elways. (or didn't eat) the bread came right away, my husband ordered oysters and they came right away. We ordered and sat there for at least 25 minutes. No one showed back up nor did our meal come. We left. Stopped and had a sundae on the way home. Not a perfect Anniversary to say the least.
- Elway's:Denver's Big DisappointmentJimmyMacVIPDined on 8/13/2014With great anticipation, we arrived 20 minutes early for our 8 pm reservation (by Open Table) at Elway's inside beautiful Denver Ritz-Carlton.We would have to wait to be seated.No problem-restaurant was crowded and noisy.At 8 pm, our inquiry about reservation was met with tart response "Your reservation is for 8 on the dot." It was 8 on the dot.Several minutes later, another hostess came over to us - misidentifying us -apparently our reservation meant nothing.It's tough to remain hospitable on a busy night - staff did not attempt at even fake hospitality.They were tired and beat and so was the food and service at Elway's. My soup was not bad-chicken special was a plate of glop, enjoyed only by a pesky fruit fly that had dinner with us.Poor!Special Features:
- open table mistakemanyaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Everything about our dinning experience was good. But I was upset because I made the reservation on open table and when we got there to check in there was some confusion about our reservation. Then the next day I got an email from open table saying that we did not honor our reservation and were a no show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Food was better than most, service was better than most! It was so loud at the ritz it seemed like a cafeteria, the pic on the website was misleading as far as what the dining area was to be! Spent over $200 for two people for what was good but not great! Won't go back!! I've had a better dining experience for $150 n tipped $60 due to the overall experience, one will not get that at elways!!Special Features:
- Elway's Downtown...Awesome!Levi13Dined on 8/9/2014If someone wants to take you to Elway's Downtown, you say "Yes"!!! It is pricy...$53 for the bone-in rib eye...but it is one of the best steaks you will ever enjoy. I think our waitress might have been flirting with my wife, or both, but that's how good the service is. The menu at first glance looks like overpriced bar food, but order anything and you won't be disappointed. I had the coconut shrimp appetizer...only 3 shrimp...but these were prawns(large shrimp, with small shrimp flavor), amazing! The drinks are strong, and BOTH of our waiters were great with helping us make beverage and food choices. You will not walk out of Elway's hungry or dissatisfied...broke maybe...but not hungry.Special Features:
- DisappointedHannahDined on 8/9/2014I was hoping to have a romantic evening with my boyfriend at a nice restaurant. The ambiance was great but the food left a lot to be desired. It was over priced and I was not impressed. My boy friends steak was over cooked. I made the mistake of ordering a sald and could have done better at panera.Special Features:
- A little disappointing this timefrancoincDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I love Elways - this time was a bit of a letdown. Everything we had tonight was something we've had in the past - ind it just didn;t live up to the quality we've come to expect from Elways. Her steak tacos lacked the flavor she loved the last time, my artichok was undercooked and lamb was very fatty. They also were out of the wine we usually get there. We will be back hoping that this was an isolated incident
- Needs a remodelJeepDined on 8/8/2014Elway's has great food. Problem is the decor. Bright lights shining down on a wall of mirrors make the experience more like a Denny's. Probably won't go back there even though I eat a lot of lunches in downtown Denver.Special Features:
- Always a good choicedinerDined on 8/7/2014Lunch at Elway's is always a treat. I meet a friend there about every six months, and we usually stay for about two hours. We are never rushed. Servers do not give you the sense that they are hustling you to finish and leave. Yes, it is pricey, but it is such a luxury to be there that I never mind the cost. I did notice this time that more and more people coming into the Ritz and Elway's were dressed as though they had been to the beach or at a ballgame--to my mind, way too casual for such a nice place. Free valet a nice extra too. The food is just fine, but the service and the ambience are the restaurant's best qualities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good, but...johnVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, the wine list broad, if overly expensive, and the service was attentive. Our only real complaint was the noise level, which is exacerbated by the hard surfaces thriughout. A nice evening which would have been even better if we had been able to hear each other across the table.Special Features:
- Always dependableTammyDined on 7/31/2014You can always count on Elway's for good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsMoooVinOnDined on 7/28/2014This is a First Class restaurant! I didn't know what to expect, but Mr. Elway's notoriety lead me and my business associates to have dinner. The food, atmosphere and service were beyond expectations (and I'm comparing to Ruth's Chris, where I dined the night before).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.