Elway's Cherry Creek
2500 East 1st Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elway's Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/
- Phone: 3033995353
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Served Saturdays and Sundays 11AM - 2PM, LUNCH Served Daily 11AM - 5PM, DINNER Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10PM, Friday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM, Sunday 5PM - 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tyler Wiard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for parties of 6 to 65 guests. Personalized menus for celebrations, business luncheons and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Wiard 3033997616
- Entertainment: Eclectic live music Tuesday through Saturday evenings in Elway's Cherry Creek Lounge - enjoy while dining or over inventive hand-crafted cocktails.
A word from Elway's Cherry Creek
Elway's Cherry Creek Colorado Steakhouse offers 100% USDA Prime Beef steaks, hand-cut on the premises, as well as seasonal seafood selections, all in a contemporary and inviting atmosphere. Our fresh menu selections are accompanied by an extensive and reasonably priced wine list and delivered with genuine hospitality and attentive service. With private dining options to accommodate 6 to 65, Elway's Cherry Creek is always the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Elway's Cherry Creek - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Elway's Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)romantic (100)fit for foodies (91)hot spot (76)notable wine list (74)good for groups (72)vibrant bar scene (67)great for lunch (58)neighborhood gem (47)great for brunch (36)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I was so excited to try Elway's. Paid $200 for a meal for two people. Ordered a $50 New York strip and it came out burnt and charred. It tasted gritty and fatty. My Fiances steak was well cooked and the beer battered onion rings were good but for $200 it was a waste of money. I would not return for that price as Outback or Texas RoadHouse has better steaks.Special Features:
- Elways exceeds in all ways!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Outstanding in all ways!!! The outstanding food was only topped by the outstanding service!!! Every detail was perfect - a flawless dining experience!!! Every menu item was done to perfection, and the wine and dessert were simply amazing!!! When in Denver, this is a must visit!!!Special Features:
- Great ServicehowardVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our service was as good as it gets. Very good wine list. Jason is a very good wine sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014I have never had a bad meal nor experience at Elway's Cherry Creek. Even the drive to/from Colorado Springs is worth it. Service personnel were always near to meet our every need. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Most other guest were dressed properly. No one was dining in shorts or cutoffs which makes it a perfect place to bring that special person in your life.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceTwiggyDined on 10/24/2014The food was amazing. The service was very attentive and helpful throughout dinner. Would definitely suggest this restaurant ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair service and prime ribfoodiefoodiefoodieDined on 10/17/2014We were there for a birthday celebration with relatives from out of town. They chose Elways because they had lobster tail on the menu. Lobster was very good. My steak was a tad over done as I asked for medium well. One of our party ordered the prime rib and was very unhappy with it. It was tough and too rare and plain inedible. Our party split the check between the couples and we told the waiter ahead of our ordering. When he delivered the check, it was all mixed up between the couples orders and we had to have it redone. A waiter should pay more attention to that.Special Features:
- Three out of Four were goodMagsterDined on 10/17/2014When I need a reliably excellent place for lunch, I always think of Elways. There were four of us and we ordered two Cherry Creek salads and one Mediterranean salad - all were excellent. The exception was the shrimp salad. It was lackluster in appearance and apparently tasteless. My guest asked for blue cheese dressing hoping that would help, but it didn't. I do recommend Elways and plan to return but certainly won't order the shrimp salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014Fun birthday dinner with dear friends; food was excellent (tho pricey) and I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatLuvnfoodVIPDined on 10/13/2014We come to Elways twice a year to celebrate birthdays. It seemed like the service and food were good, but not great this time.
- Sadly, amissEinajrDined on 10/11/2014We always go each trip to Denver, but this time the service was subpar! BummerSpecial Features:
- Without a hitchEllieDined on 10/11/2014Elway's did not let us down. Every time I go to a couple of other top steakhouses in the area I have to wait a crazy amount of time to be seated. That's with a reservation. Elway's sat us immediately. The food was amazing and service great! Perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodiweejunDined on 10/11/2014We read up on this restaurant before we booked it. A lot of the reviews said the service was poor. We took a chance and truly enjoyed it. The service was good and at no point did we feel ignored. One thing that could be improved is to have the wait staff ask if customers have questions on the menu. I did have to get our waitress's attention on that. Also, sides are enough for two people so they should make recommendations re: don't order au gratin potatoes and the twice baked, mix it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemoonpieDined on 10/10/2014Once in a life time experience. Very enjoyable calm atmosphere with flawless service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy EnchiladasahackerDined on 10/8/2014First time dining there for lunch with a friend for her birthday. Sat in the bar and MJ was excellent! Great service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Not so friendly staffMeluvsFOODsDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I wanted to go somewhere special for our anniversary and chose Elway's. Reading the info on OpenTable, it said the dress code was "business casual". When we got to the restaurant, we were greeted by the hostess who proceeded to look my wife and me up and down as if to make sure what we were wearing was appropriate (and then seemed to disapprove). We were dressed per the dress code that we were given (if not better), yet from the beginning we felt like we weren't welcome. The wait staff wasn't as bad, but seemed to grow annoyed that we didn't want to sit down, immediately order our food, and be ushered out in record time. Food was amazing, and we made the best of the night regardless. However, we will most likely never go back.Special Features:
- The MenuBiteMeDined on 10/5/2014The only thing I feel that could be improved upon is the menu selection. I just didn't feel there was a real good choice of main dishes unless you like Lamb alot. Otherwise the food had a wonderful taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food, drinks, waiter named Ellington, were all excellent!! I have eaten at many five star restaurants this is a six!Special Features:
- Food was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I wen here for our anniversary. The food was delicious. The crab cakes were to die for. I almost canceled my dinner order and just ordered two more dishes of crab cakes. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNumber1ElwayFanDined on 10/3/2014Excellent Food and Service!! Even the water was perfect:) Wish we would have known about the tour. Thank you for making my Son's B-day Dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An expensive disappointmentkarineDined on 10/2/2014I finally book a table for my husband's birthday. I book a table 2 weeks in advance and request a table in a corner/quiet area, keep in mind this was a Thursday night. We show up on time and get seated immediately. Our table is a weird table for 4 people IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RESTAURANT. No intimacy whatsoever, the place is so loud we can barely hear each other. water is served in Mason jars. What???? The appetizer was calamari. Deep fried, nothing fancy about it, I've had better calamari in burger joints. The main course. You have to pay extra for the side, seriously?? I pay $40 for a steak and I can't even get a green bean with it? Overall very disappointed. Won't recommend or come back. Service was good. Lame $150 dinner
- Everyone misses sometimesfwlvr1VIPDined on 10/1/2014After years of great service and great food this experience was an off one. We waited ten minutes past our reservation time, not a big deal. We were then seated right next to the kitchen door, great we'll get our food fast. But then our food arrived tepid, which for meat and potatoes is not a good temperature. The butter wouldn't even melt on the potatoes. Everyone has a bad day.
- overall very goodgottaluvdiningoutDined on 10/1/2014Food was nicely prepaired. One in the party had to return the steak since it was over cooked but a new one was provided very quickly. Service comperable to other steak restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceJankossVIPDined on 9/28/2014We came for salads for dinner after a long drive. It was perfect. Sales are wonderful and it was very relaxing.Special Features:
- JerryJerryDined on 9/28/2014The best filet mignon, off the bone, I have ever had in a restaurant. Cooked perfectly and moist, which is rare for this cut. Service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Good, not greatfood4thoughtDined on 9/27/2014Steaks were very tasty, wine selection was excellent (though pricey). My wife's New York strip steak had quite a bit of inedible gristle. Side dishes, while quite flavorful, were way overpriced for their size. (Our waiter suggested we split two sides, which we did, but they really were not that big). As a "special occasion" dining experience (anniversary), this one was good but not great (great was our expectation; $200 total bill seemed a lot for a moderately good meal.)
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at Elway's several times now, and have never been disappointed. The food is always perfectly prepared, and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014We came here to celebrate my birthday, after seeing a show at the Pepsi Center. We had never had dinner in the dining room, and didn't know what to expect. Everything was outstanding. Our two wait staff were so nice, and the food was excellent. We shared a salad, the walleye fish and chips, and a filet mignon, with an order of creamed spinach. The ambience in the dining room was romantic and comfortable. Thank you for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night with familyDenverdanDined on 9/25/2014Our niece and her boyfriend were engaged on Saturday and we took them to Elway's the next Thursday to celebrate. Our experience was great, very friendly staff, and Kevin our waiter was pleasant and knowledgable. He had menu and drink recommendations that were right on, and was very attentive to our needs as the evening progressed. We all had a great time, and recommend Elway's in Cherry Creek.Special Features:
- SeniorayDined on 9/21/2014As always, a great meal, fantastic service, always a special treat to come in for dinnerSpecial Features:
- a bruch that never lets us downca415coVIPDined on 9/21/2014whenever we are in town we go to elways, particularly for brunch, which is a real bargain really not more than so-called cheaper restaurants when you pick wisely and you get the ambience, food, and service we love the free appetizer of the fresh biscuit with butter & jam (to die for) my husband likes the breakfast (tupical egg & hasbrowns with a side of bacon or sausage (which looked really perfect) I like the blue cheese saladSpecial Features:
- Once again it did not disappoint..KesSEDined on 9/20/2014Had to get a reservation a little later than we liked but it was wonderful. From out of town so we don't get to dine here often but it was as remembered. Food and service were great. I have been to many fine food places around the Denver Metro area and still our favorite. Just need to meet John there sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The food was absolutely delicious. The filet was very tender and cooked as requested. My wife had the halibut with crab cake. Both were done perfectly and served with a tomato based sauce. We shared the brussel sprout hash and it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience.JimbDined on 9/19/2014Elway's is a great place to go for dinner any time but particularly for special occasions. Food is excellent, ambiance is top notch, service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre game lunchJasmin10VIPDined on 9/14/2014Food and service wS great. We go to Elway's often and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetodineandwineDined on 9/13/2014We had a night of remarkable celebration! Our waiter David at Cherry Creek location was a "gem" he made our experience "over the top"! We'll be back for more . . .Special Features:
- Excellent experienceBostonBudDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was great. The service was outstanding. The food was excellent ( a little pricey, but I'm cheap.) Overall a great experience. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was very good as usual but the experience was just not there. Servers were indifferent. We were seated next to the noisy bar and requested a different table. We were then moved next to a screaming baby even though there were numerous other open tables. I had also let Open Table know it was our anniversary when I made the reservation but that was not acknowledged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We had both a birthday dinner and brunch last weekend, and the food was excellent! The biscuits at brunch were the best I have ever eaten....beware!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurantluvit2014Dined on 9/12/2014Elway's is truly a great place special occasions, romantic dinners, and everything in between. We celebtated our 6 year anniversary and it was our first time dining at Elway's. Our servers were Julianna and Ray. I truly loved how attentive Ray was to our needs as well as being well informed on the food. And the food was excellent! We will be dining there again. Thanks so much for an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable...StephanieS24Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance is beautiful, the drinks were perfect, and the good was out of this world! Absolutely to die for! Elways will now be my go-to for any special occasion! I wrote a lengthy review on yelp if anyone is interested... Super in depth on every dish! Look it up at Elways Cherry Creek on yelp! Stephanie S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.