Elway's Cherry Creek
2500 East 1st Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elway's Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/
- Phone: 3033995353
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Served Saturdays and Sundays 11AM - 2PM, LUNCH Served Daily 11AM - 5PM, DINNER Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10PM, Friday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM, Sunday 5PM - 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tyler Wiard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for parties of 6 to 65 guests. Personalized menus for celebrations, business luncheons and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Wiard 3033997616
- Entertainment: Eclectic live music Tuesday through Saturday evenings in Elway's Cherry Creek Lounge - enjoy while dining or over inventive hand-crafted cocktails.
A word from Elway's Cherry Creek
Elway's Cherry Creek Colorado Steakhouse offers 100% USDA Prime Beef steaks, hand-cut on the premises, as well as seasonal seafood selections, all in a contemporary and inviting atmosphere. Our fresh menu selections are accompanied by an extensive and reasonably priced wine list and delivered with genuine hospitality and attentive service. With private dining options to accommodate 6 to 65, Elway's Cherry Creek is always the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Elway's Cherry Creek - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Elway's Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (207)fit for foodies (99)romantic (99)hot spot (82)great for lunch (80)good for groups (77)vibrant bar scene (77)notable wine list (75)neighborhood gem (60)great for brunch (58)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Pre game lunchJasmin10VIPDined on 9/14/2014Food and service wS great. We go to Elway's often and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetodineandwineDined on 9/13/2014We had a night of remarkable celebration! Our waiter David at Cherry Creek location was a "gem" he made our experience "over the top"! We'll be back for more . . .Special Features:
- Excellent experienceBostonBudDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was great. The service was outstanding. The food was excellent ( a little pricey, but I'm cheap.) Overall a great experience. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was very good as usual but the experience was just not there. Servers were indifferent. We were seated next to the noisy bar and requested a different table. We were then moved next to a screaming baby even though there were numerous other open tables. I had also let Open Table know it was our anniversary when I made the reservation but that was not acknowledged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We had both a birthday dinner and brunch last weekend, and the food was excellent! The biscuits at brunch were the best I have ever eaten....beware!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurantluvit2014Dined on 9/12/2014Elway's is truly a great place special occasions, romantic dinners, and everything in between. We celebtated our 6 year anniversary and it was our first time dining at Elway's. Our servers were Julianna and Ray. I truly loved how attentive Ray was to our needs as well as being well informed on the food. And the food was excellent! We will be dining there again. Thanks so much for an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable...StephanieS24Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance is beautiful, the drinks were perfect, and the good was out of this world! Absolutely to die for! Elways will now be my go-to for any special occasion! I wrote a lengthy review on yelp if anyone is interested... Super in depth on every dish! Look it up at Elways Cherry Creek on yelp! Stephanie S.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodFatDaddyVIPDined on 9/12/2014The hostess was good, the food was great and the waiter was in the weeds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly disappointing...EF28Dined on 9/11/2014I took my wife for our 10th anniversary and wished I'd chosen a different restaurant. The atmosphere was the best thing about the dinner. We had the roasted artichoke and calamari for appetizers. The artichoke was good but the calamari was just average run of the mill calamari that you can get at your local bar and grill. Nothing special. For dinner, I had the 22oz Rib-eye and it was the worst steak I've had in a long time. Absolutely no flavor. My wife ordered the filet which was better than mine but not much. We had sides of corn and french fries. Both OK. The best part of the whole meal was the dessert they gave us for our special night. The total cost: $280. For that amount, I would rather go to Outback 4 times! Eat at your own risk.Special Features:
- great service great steakwaymoregooderDined on 9/6/2014From the moment we got there to when we left, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elway's steak is still the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014I have taken friends and family and to date, I have not been disappointed. The steak was world-class once again and the service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Another great anniversary dinnerasmcburnieDined on 9/5/2014This is the fourth year in a row we’ve gone to Elway’s for our anniversary (we moved to Denver in 2011). Once again, the food and service were terrific. Unfortunately, it was a Friday and the restaurant was hosting a dinner for a major PGA golf tournament, which meant that there was a wait (even with reservations) and considerably more noise than we have experienced on previous visits. Dinner itself was nice and leisurely – no pressure to eat and leave, which we appreciated. Even with the noise and crowd, we still look forward to spending next anniversary at Elway’s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a hair in my beet saladjimmydDined on 9/5/2014I have invited one of my best customer from Grand Junction - he and his wit own Enstrom Candy- I was served a beet sale- found this long hair in the salad- I did not want to destroy the evening meal by pointing it out but I was grossed out - I know these things happen but it was less than desirable for a $350 dollar meal...Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicePowderPupDined on 9/5/2014Elway's rings the bell again. It was a 5-star experience from our arrival at the valet to our last bite of the sumptuous desserts. #7's flagship restaurant has never disappointed us in the 7+ years we have been dining there. Whether we are celebrating a milestone, an accomplishment, or entertaining out-of-town guests, Elway's Cherry Creek has never fumbled. Truly, the most consistently excellent food and service experience in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company LunchMandaDined on 9/3/20144 of us from work celebrated meeting a huge deadline with Elway's on a Wednesday afternoon. The staff was friendly and helpful. I ate way too much but every bite was worth it! If you only have an hour for lunch, you may not make it back in time. However, I'll take slower service for great food that comes out hot and correct. The Peach Salad and the Banana Pudding was most delicious! I hope to be coming back soon for evening dining.Special Features:
- Unbelievable dining experienceNawlinsgalDined on 9/2/2014Brandi was our server and she is so professional. We moved away from Denver just 3 Months ago and we are missing Denver so came back and Elways was top on our list before we headed back to Nashville. We always get the short ribs and Brussel sprouts-our favorite entree. The blueberry bread pudding with lemon ice cream-yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Very ImpressedrnansenDined on 9/2/2014I had the 16 oz. NY strip cooked medium. The steak was cooked medium however the outside was so charred that it tasted terrible. All I could taste was burnt seasonings. I have had better steaks for $10 at a bar and grill. For the price of the food and the quality I would not recommend it. I will definitely not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Elways is not a place to which I would take children. It has an adult atmosphere and an adult menu selection. Because it is fairly pricey (easy to spend close to $100/person) I would consider Elways a "special occasion" restaurant and not a restaurant I would choose on the spur of the moment because I had a long day at work. The food was tasty and there were some unique items on the menu, but in the end, it is a "steak place" serving good steaks. The service was quite good - waiters were not intrusive, but were available and solicitous of customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still WonderfulMommaDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I haven't been to Elway's Cherry Creek for several years (We live about 50 miles away). We were pleased to find it was still a fabulous dining experience. The ambiance is warm and inviting the service is impeccable and the food is outstanding! I hope it doesn't take us years to get back again.Special Features:
- elwayskburg2Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great experience. Everyone was very generous and helpful. Great service and amazing food. The rack of lamb and au gratin potatoes were delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceDenverCoupleDined on 8/30/2014This was the worst service we have ever received at what was classified as an upscale restaurant. We were not seated until 20 min after our reservation. The attitude of everyone from the greeters, waiter and food server was extremely poor. It was an hour before we even had our salads. Another hour before entree. The food was OK but not great, the steaks were coojed as ordered the rare one did have too much burnt char to the point of being black in spots. I will stick with places like Ruth Chris where the service is 100x better in the future. This is not an upscale restaurant but has the prices of one.
- ExcellentGreatfoodDined on 8/30/2014I took my wife here for our 14th anniversary. I made my reservations online and asked for a rose to be placed on the table for when we arrived. Although they could not do that, they did get an excellent desert that came out after dinner that had happy anniversary on it. I think that is going above and beyond what I expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent as was the service and ambience. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I expect from Elwaysadot99Dined on 8/28/2014Great service. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts cooked perfectly and delicious. The problem is that the steak was not great. Usually you get melt-in-your mouth steak at Elways, but this time it was kind of dry and hard to chew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elways5280Dined on 8/27/2014Overall a great evening with friends. We had to wait 25 minutes past the scheduled time of our reservation to be seated, but once at the table, the service was prompt and friendly. We were relatively close to the bar, which was loud, vibrant and packed.Special Features:
- Love elwaysJadolfinnDined on 8/26/2014Had a great time! Food was phenomenal and the wine selection was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine establishmentTerryDined on 8/25/2014Good food, good service, an all around enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elway's always pleasesYumYumDined on 8/24/2014Restaurant Week in Denver prompted us to revisit Elway's. Our memory served us well. The food was fabulous. We started with the crunchy coconut shrimp, salad and delicious charred red pepper soup and enjoyed the perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked sirloin steaks with creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli with an extra side of green beans. The sweet treat at the end was an upscale homemade DingDong. We had a most enjoyable and delicious dining experience. We are planning to return this week to celebrate with our son's new University of Denver college roommate and his parents as an introduction to Denver!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Heard Elway's was really good and was looking forward to it. However, I found the food lacking. The fire roasted pepper soup was good but nothing exciting. The prime rib was lacking seasoning. For the price and taste I would drive to Parker and go to the Hickory House.
- Elways Cherry CreekDontgetoutenoughDined on 8/21/2014First time at that location. The food and service were excellent. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGuidoVIPDined on 8/18/2014For a steak house you would expect they would know how to prepare a decent steak but not so. The steak I had was so over seasoned it was almost inedible. It had way too much salt and pepper and was slightly over cooked. The rest of the meal was fine.
- Consistent Elways ExperienceSquidH8rDined on 8/17/2014Great salads, great steaks, and an overall consistent experience time after time. Dining at Elways does not disappoint.Special Features:
- snooky5Dined on 8/16/2014We were a little disappointed this time. Crab legs were great except there was too much garlic in the butter; au gratin potatoes and brussel sprouts not as good as usual.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationBoogsDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated out wedding anniversary at Elways. Service was great and food was amazing!Special Features:
- A Touchdown at Elway'sImmLawDined on 8/15/2014I have been to all the usual steakhouses but this was my first visit to Elway's while on a business trip to Denver. Despite a Friday night time slot the pace was unhurried. The food selections and preparation was absolutely first rate. The service was impeccable. I would definitely go back on my next visit to Denver.Special Features:
- Another wonderful lunchJankossVIPDined on 8/15/2014We tried different salads this week and they were all good. Service good. Ambiance great. Mellon be back again,Special Features:
- A bit priceyHellerDined on 8/14/2014Expect to spend 40-50 for dinner and everything alacarteSpecial Features:
- worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I stopped here on vacation. The food and service were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outFoodlover25Dined on 8/10/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday. We all enjoyed our wine selection. She ordered the filet, our son the prime rib, and I ordered the sirloin. The were outstanding. Our server was very accommodating. To end the evening we ordered the Do It Yourself Smores which are a lot of fun. Highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lila42Dined on 8/10/2014Elway's is amazing. I have been here for dinner many times and always loved it. Brunch was also pretty good. I had the Elway breakfast. Eggs, potatoes and bacon. It was good. Pretty much the same eggs and potatoes and bacon I could get at most places, but it cost a whole lot more. Also, we got there at 11:00 and it was empty. So the atmosphere that you get on a busy Saturday night just wasn't there. I will always go to Elway's for dinner, but I would probably skip brunch just because I can get the same food for the half the price elsewhere with a bit more hustle and bustle. But if a lovely, quiet dining experience is what you are looking for, you can't beat it. Also, the service is superb. The wait staff are top notch.Special Features: