Elway's Cherry Creek
2500 East 1st Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elway's Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/
- Phone: (303) 399-5353
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Served Saturdays and Sundays 11AM - 2PM, LUNCH Served Daily 11AM - 5PM, DINNER Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10PM, Friday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM, Sunday 5PM - 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tyler Wiard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for parties of 6 to 65 guests. Personalized menus for celebrations, business luncheons and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Wiard 3033997616
- Entertainment: Eclectic live music Tuesday through Saturday evenings in Elway's Cherry Creek Lounge - enjoy while dining or over inventive hand-crafted cocktails.
A word from Elway's Cherry Creek
Elway's Cherry Creek Colorado Steakhouse offers 100% USDA Prime Beef steaks, hand-cut on the premises, as well as seasonal seafood selections, all in a contemporary and inviting atmosphere. Our fresh menu selections are accompanied by an extensive and reasonably priced wine list and delivered with genuine hospitality and attentive service. With private dining options to accommodate 6 to 65, Elway's Cherry Creek is always the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Elway's Cherry Creek - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Elway's Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)fit for foodies (104)romantic (98)good for groups (84)notable wine list (81)hot spot (78)vibrant bar scene (68)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (54)great for brunch (33)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- So.Good.MrsTDined on 11/22/2014I had high expectations for this place and it met my expectations. The Calamari was amazing, the salad was delicious and the streak was INCREDIBLE! Let's not forgot dessert. There are no words to describe the apple cranberry bread pudding. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!LARRYDined on 11/21/2014As soon as I walked in, I noticed that the ambience was great. We were seated immediately and within two minutes, we were greeted by a waiter and waitress. Once we ordered drinks, they arrived within five minutes, and after ordering our meal, it arrived within 15 minutes. The food was excellent beyond my expectations, and the prices are very reasonable. Elway's has been a great dining experience for my date and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnercharlesDined on 11/19/2014the booth for 5 adults and space for baby chair was cramped, requiring 4 adults to be on the booth side. the management was prompt and organizing an alternative round table that was created on the spot while we waited at the lounge. very good intervention and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDrmickjrVIPDined on 11/19/2014Elway's at Cherry Creek is very good to excellent, consistently. No ups and downs across the menu or from visit to visit. For lunch I love the salads, which are substantial and delicious. This time I enjoyed the shrimp salad, which I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried Casual Burger at the Bar - Excellent!!FoodCriticVIPDined on 11/17/2014Hanging at the bar, a cocktail, some wine and a great casual dinner - while I often do so, you don't HAVE to get apps, steak, veggies, potatoes and the whole big and heavy meal at Elway's - what we did worked out great. Plus the bartenders are awesome and provide the best service in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FabulousMondoDined on 11/14/2014Pound for pound…..one of the best restaurants in the world. The lamb chops are the best I have ever had…..and I have had lamb chops all over the world in the best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Super piano bar; prices not outrageous. Steak was the best part of the meal and worth the cost; twice baked potato was good size but not exceptional taste; $12.00 for a green salad is a bit much. We expected to pay more for the name but all the food should match the hype not just the meat. Service was exceptional; two waiters took very good care of us; wine concierge was available for any questions. Wine list is exceptional. Staff is very responsive to special occasions. Ambiance wasn't as "special" as we thought it would be; noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th Birthday Dinnerfriendship4brunchDined on 11/13/2014We brought out two boys here for all of our first times, to celebrate my son turning 10. He requested a fancy dinner and this is where we brought him. He was overjoyed with the extra attention that he received, the amazing food quality, phenomenal service, and overall ambiance. He will definitely want to come back and we all enjoyed it. Our 7 year old enjoyed his first filet mignon, he's had plenty of steak just not this, and was blown away with it. My husband had the pork chops and I had the Elway's Salmon. The birthday boy had Buffalo which he had never had and loved. The chef came out and made a special trip to greet him and talk to him. Then, Aneidra Nichols came back out and delivered an amazing birthday dessert platter that truly was over the top and so nice. My son posted for a picture with her with a huge smile on his face and she was beyond kind to him. We will come back and do this again. Thank you for a great birthday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodistaVIPDined on 11/12/2014We dine at Elway's often and always enjoy it. It is a superior restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The food was fine as my wife and I had lunch on a Sunday. My medium Smash Burger was actually cooked to order and was a fine burger but my wife's omelet was ordered "without goat cheese". I noticed my wife's plate had something left to side after she finished and asked what it was. When she said "goat cheese" I asked the waiter what he had written as our order. When he didn't say the omelet "without goat cheese" I told him that she did say without and he responded "sorry". Considering Mr. Elway succeeded in football because of his attention to detail, I am sure considers that a key requirement of his employees. I felt this was a poor reflection on an otherwise nice lunch.Special Features:
- GreatJafeyVIPDined on 11/9/2014The service we get in the bar area is perfect nearly every time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014I've eaten here before but my husband hadn't so I took him for his b'day/anniversary. Everything was delicious, especially the wine! Unfortunately my husband ordered the Wagyu steak which was 2/3 fabulous and 1/3 SUPER tough. I guess this was sort of a known issue and they were going to discuss whether to keep it on the menu or not. We were told we'd be given an app on our return. Not a deal breaker but unfortunate.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014I have dined at Elway's several times over the last few years. It is always a great experience. The food and service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant.onomanx2Dined on 11/8/2014The food is always incredible and the ambience perfect! The service was a little less than Excellent this visit. My companion was slightly underdressed but was certainly acceptable for early dinner. The server seemed to have a superior, judgemental attitude about this. Our money is as green as anyone else's. Overall...love Elway's and will return.Special Features:
- Great time with clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014I entertained clients and had a great experience. Service was great and it doesn't bother that I am a huge John Elway fan even though I live in Kansas CitySpecial Features:
- Nice night outtrekmanDined on 11/3/2014Being in the wine business I visit many restaurants. Elway's was very enjoyable. The food was very enjoyable and prepared perfect. The service was great. I will return next time I am in DenverSpecial Features:
- Excellent FoodcasualcasualDined on 11/1/2014We celebrated my Dad's 75th birthday at Elways and found the experience pleasant overall, it was a bit noisy but the service was good and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh... At bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I gave it two stars because the ambience is nice, also very quiet. I ordered the Grouper, it really was nothing special. My husband ordered the prime rib and it really was not very good. It was very under cooked. The sides are big so plan on sharing. Overall their are better steak restaurants for either the same price or cheaper. I can not comment on dessert because we chose to go to a small ice cream down the street, which I believe was the best choice.
- Rather noisyKaleunDined on 10/30/2014Great food and service. Great drinks. Dining room is rather noisy, but otherwise excellentSpecial Features:
- Git sumKarnivoreDined on 10/30/2014After many, many, many decades of practice - I consider myself an expert at eating steak - The Porterhouse was perfectly cooked cold in the middle, slightly crisped and glazed on the outside; few restaurants, no matter how well reviewed or thought of actually get it just right. Service was considerate and appropriate as my dining partner and I were in heavy conversation which the staff managed professionally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Great service, food prepared perfect. Cherry Creek venue is perfect.Special Features:
- DisappointedBroncofanDined on 10/26/2014I was so excited to try Elway's. Paid $200 for a meal for two people. Ordered a $50 New York strip and it came out burnt and charred. It tasted gritty and fatty. My Fiances steak was well cooked and the beer battered onion rings were good but for $200 it was a waste of money. I would not return for that price as Outback or Texas RoadHouse has better steaks.Special Features:
- Elways exceeds in all ways!!!CDeanDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding in all ways!!! The outstanding food was only topped by the outstanding service!!! Every detail was perfect - a flawless dining experience!!! Every menu item was done to perfection, and the wine and dessert were simply amazing!!! When in Denver, this is a must visit!!!Special Features:
- Great ServicehowardVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our service was as good as it gets. Very good wine list. Jason is a very good wine sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingTopsindiningDined on 10/25/2014I have never had a bad meal nor experience at Elway's Cherry Creek. Even the drive to/from Colorado Springs is worth it. Service personnel were always near to meet our every need. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Most other guest were dressed properly. No one was dining in shorts or cutoffs which makes it a perfect place to bring that special person in your life.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceTwiggyDined on 10/24/2014The food was amazing. The service was very attentive and helpful throughout dinner. Would definitely suggest this restaurant ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair service and prime ribfoodiefoodiefoodieDined on 10/17/2014We were there for a birthday celebration with relatives from out of town. They chose Elways because they had lobster tail on the menu. Lobster was very good. My steak was a tad over done as I asked for medium well. One of our party ordered the prime rib and was very unhappy with it. It was tough and too rare and plain inedible. Our party split the check between the couples and we told the waiter ahead of our ordering. When he delivered the check, it was all mixed up between the couples orders and we had to have it redone. A waiter should pay more attention to that.Special Features:
- Three out of Four were goodMagsterVIPDined on 10/17/2014When I need a reliably excellent place for lunch, I always think of Elways. There were four of us and we ordered two Cherry Creek salads and one Mediterranean salad - all were excellent. The exception was the shrimp salad. It was lackluster in appearance and apparently tasteless. My guest asked for blue cheese dressing hoping that would help, but it didn't. I do recommend Elways and plan to return but certainly won't order the shrimp salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014Fun birthday dinner with dear friends; food was excellent (tho pricey) and I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatLuvnfoodVIPDined on 10/13/2014We come to Elways twice a year to celebrate birthdays. It seemed like the service and food were good, but not great this time.
- Sadly, amissEinajrDined on 10/11/2014We always go each trip to Denver, but this time the service was subpar! BummerSpecial Features:
- Without a hitchEllieDined on 10/11/2014Elway's did not let us down. Every time I go to a couple of other top steakhouses in the area I have to wait a crazy amount of time to be seated. That's with a reservation. Elway's sat us immediately. The food was amazing and service great! Perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodiweejunDined on 10/11/2014We read up on this restaurant before we booked it. A lot of the reviews said the service was poor. We took a chance and truly enjoyed it. The service was good and at no point did we feel ignored. One thing that could be improved is to have the wait staff ask if customers have questions on the menu. I did have to get our waitress's attention on that. Also, sides are enough for two people so they should make recommendations re: don't order au gratin potatoes and the twice baked, mix it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemoonpieDined on 10/10/2014Once in a life time experience. Very enjoyable calm atmosphere with flawless service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy EnchiladasahackerDined on 10/8/2014First time dining there for lunch with a friend for her birthday. Sat in the bar and MJ was excellent! Great service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Not so friendly staffMeluvsFOODsDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I wanted to go somewhere special for our anniversary and chose Elway's. Reading the info on OpenTable, it said the dress code was "business casual". When we got to the restaurant, we were greeted by the hostess who proceeded to look my wife and me up and down as if to make sure what we were wearing was appropriate (and then seemed to disapprove). We were dressed per the dress code that we were given (if not better), yet from the beginning we felt like we weren't welcome. The wait staff wasn't as bad, but seemed to grow annoyed that we didn't want to sit down, immediately order our food, and be ushered out in record time. Food was amazing, and we made the best of the night regardless. However, we will most likely never go back.Special Features:
- The MenuBiteMeDined on 10/5/2014The only thing I feel that could be improved upon is the menu selection. I just didn't feel there was a real good choice of main dishes unless you like Lamb alot. Otherwise the food had a wonderful taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food, drinks, waiter named Ellington, were all excellent!! I have eaten at many five star restaurants this is a six!Special Features:
- Food was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I wen here for our anniversary. The food was delicious. The crab cakes were to die for. I almost canceled my dinner order and just ordered two more dishes of crab cakes. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNumber1ElwayFanDined on 10/3/2014Excellent Food and Service!! Even the water was perfect:) Wish we would have known about the tour. Thank you for making my Son's B-day Dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.