Elway's Cherry Creek
2500 East 1st Ave
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Elway's Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elways.com/
- Phone: 3033995353
- Hours of Operation:
BRUNCH Served Saturdays and Sundays 11AM - 2PM, LUNCH Served Daily 11AM - 5PM, DINNER Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10PM, Friday - Saturday 5PM - 11PM, Sunday 5PM - 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tyler Wiard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for parties of 6 to 65 guests. Personalized menus for celebrations, business luncheons and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Wiard 3033997616
- Entertainment: Eclectic live music Tuesday through Saturday evenings in Elway's Cherry Creek Lounge - enjoy while dining or over inventive hand-crafted cocktails.
A word from Elway's Cherry Creek
Elway's Cherry Creek Colorado Steakhouse offers 100% USDA Prime Beef steaks, hand-cut on the premises, as well as seasonal seafood selections, all in a contemporary and inviting atmosphere. Our fresh menu selections are accompanied by an extensive and reasonably priced wine list and delivered with genuine hospitality and attentive service. With private dining options to accommodate 6 to 65, Elway's Cherry Creek is always the perfect setting for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Elway's Cherry Creek - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Elway's Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (191)romantic (88)fit for foodies (84)great for lunch (77)good for groups (71)notable wine list (69)hot spot (68)vibrant bar scene (66)neighborhood gem (50)great for brunch (49)great for outdoor dining (29)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Elways is not a place to which I would take children. It has an adult atmosphere and an adult menu selection. Because it is fairly pricey (easy to spend close to $100/person) I would consider Elways a "special occasion" restaurant and not a restaurant I would choose on the spur of the moment because I had a long day at work. The food was tasty and there were some unique items on the menu, but in the end, it is a "steak place" serving good steaks. The service was quite good - waiters were not intrusive, but were available and solicitous of customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still WonderfulMommaDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I haven't been to Elway's Cherry Creek for several years (We live about 50 miles away). We were pleased to find it was still a fabulous dining experience. The ambiance is warm and inviting the service is impeccable and the food is outstanding! I hope it doesn't take us years to get back again.Special Features:
- elwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great experience. Everyone was very generous and helpful. Great service and amazing food. The rack of lamb and au gratin potatoes were delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014This was the worst service we have ever received at what was classified as an upscale restaurant. We were not seated until 20 min after our reservation. The attitude of everyone from the greeters, waiter and food server was extremely poor. It was an hour before we even had our salads. Another hour before entree. The food was OK but not great, the steaks were coojed as ordered the rare one did have too much burnt char to the point of being black in spots. I will stick with places like Ruth Chris where the service is 100x better in the future. This is not an upscale restaurant but has the prices of one.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I took my wife here for our 14th anniversary. I made my reservations online and asked for a rose to be placed on the table for when we arrived. Although they could not do that, they did get an excellent desert that came out after dinner that had happy anniversary on it. I think that is going above and beyond what I expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent as was the service and ambience. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I expect from Elwaysadot99Dined on 8/28/2014Great service. Broccoli and Brussels sprouts cooked perfectly and delicious. The problem is that the steak was not great. Usually you get melt-in-your mouth steak at Elways, but this time it was kind of dry and hard to chew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elways5280Dined on 8/27/2014Overall a great evening with friends. We had to wait 25 minutes past the scheduled time of our reservation to be seated, but once at the table, the service was prompt and friendly. We were relatively close to the bar, which was loud, vibrant and packed.Special Features:
- Fine establishmentTerryDined on 8/25/2014Good food, good service, an all around enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elway's always pleasesYumYumDined on 8/24/2014Restaurant Week in Denver prompted us to revisit Elway's. Our memory served us well. The food was fabulous. We started with the crunchy coconut shrimp, salad and delicious charred red pepper soup and enjoyed the perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked sirloin steaks with creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli with an extra side of green beans. The sweet treat at the end was an upscale homemade DingDong. We had a most enjoyable and delicious dining experience. We are planning to return this week to celebrate with our son's new University of Denver college roommate and his parents as an introduction to Denver!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Heard Elway's was really good and was looking forward to it. However, I found the food lacking. The fire roasted pepper soup was good but nothing exciting. The prime rib was lacking seasoning. For the price and taste I would drive to Parker and go to the Hickory House.
- Elways Cherry CreekDontgetoutenoughDined on 8/21/2014First time at that location. The food and service were excellent. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGuidoVIPDined on 8/18/2014For a steak house you would expect they would know how to prepare a decent steak but not so. The steak I had was so over seasoned it was almost inedible. It had way too much salt and pepper and was slightly over cooked. The rest of the meal was fine.
- Consistent Elways ExperienceSquidH8rDined on 8/17/2014Great salads, great steaks, and an overall consistent experience time after time. Dining at Elways does not disappoint.Special Features:
- snooky5Dined on 8/16/2014We were a little disappointed this time. Crab legs were great except there was too much garlic in the butter; au gratin potatoes and brussel sprouts not as good as usual.Special Features:
- A Touchdown at Elway'sImmLawDined on 8/15/2014I have been to all the usual steakhouses but this was my first visit to Elway's while on a business trip to Denver. Despite a Friday night time slot the pace was unhurried. The food selections and preparation was absolutely first rate. The service was impeccable. I would definitely go back on my next visit to Denver.Special Features:
- Another wonderful lunchJankossVIPDined on 8/15/2014We tried different salads this week and they were all good. Service good. Ambiance great. Mellon be back again,Special Features:
- A bit priceyHellerDined on 8/14/2014Expect to spend 40-50 for dinner and everything alacarteSpecial Features:
- worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I stopped here on vacation. The food and service were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outFoodlover25Dined on 8/10/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday. We all enjoyed our wine selection. She ordered the filet, our son the prime rib, and I ordered the sirloin. The were outstanding. Our server was very accommodating. To end the evening we ordered the Do It Yourself Smores which are a lot of fun. Highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Lila42Dined on 8/10/2014Elway's is amazing. I have been here for dinner many times and always loved it. Brunch was also pretty good. I had the Elway breakfast. Eggs, potatoes and bacon. It was good. Pretty much the same eggs and potatoes and bacon I could get at most places, but it cost a whole lot more. Also, we got there at 11:00 and it was empty. So the atmosphere that you get on a busy Saturday night just wasn't there. I will always go to Elway's for dinner, but I would probably skip brunch just because I can get the same food for the half the price elsewhere with a bit more hustle and bustle. But if a lovely, quiet dining experience is what you are looking for, you can't beat it. Also, the service is superb. The wait staff are top notch.Special Features:
- JumpinJeanDined on 8/9/2014This was our 3rd time at Elway's in Cherry Creek. We've been to Elway's at the Ritz Carlton as well. This is our go to place when we want a special night out. The food is always fabulous as is the service. The only thing that could make it perfect is if Mr. Elway himself would pop by our table!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Best experience ever very friendly and fast very politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElwaysElwaysVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always outstanding. Great steaks and sides. Outstanding service and very vibrant.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJohnMcGDined on 8/8/2014Always great food and great service. The best Colorado lamb in the city if not the country. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFridaynitedineDined on 8/8/2014This is hands down a great dinner place. They definitely know how to prepare and serve great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchJankossVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a lovely lunch we had. My friend and I had salads, she the Cherry Creek and I the special of prosciutto wrapped peaches and Buratta. Both were wonderful. Her husband had the grouper sandwich. The service was perfect. We will return soon for a chance to try more of the many salads offered on the lunch menu.Special Features:
- Great food & ServiceTroymontDined on 8/6/2014First time there, seated immediately and great service all evening. Four of us were there for about four hours and it worked out to be about $100 per person but was what you would expect from a very nice place. We had a very enjoyable evening and would recommend it to anyone for a special time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong with Elway's!PuckLuck16Dined on 8/6/2014This really is the perfect restaurant. It works great for lunch and dinner. There are plenty of items on the menue for the foodie or picky eater. The Chili is really something special and encourage you to start off with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Visiting from Chitown and had a high quality dinner, and the steak was superb!
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Our experience was fabulous. Everything was perfectly prepared and served by a professional and pleasant staff.
- BroomfieldBillyDined on 8/2/2014Elway's is always a Hall of Fame experience. Bravo!Special Features:
- Always good!sandyhecoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Expensive, but worth the price! Try their Tempura Walleye, absolutely scrumptious!!Special Features:
- tamangelwhitDined on 8/1/2014My girlfriends and I really enjoyed our lunch together....it had been 30 years since we all got together and this was a great place to do it! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NnpBCDined on 7/30/2014Ellington was wonderful. The food was great. Look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantCasualDined on 7/29/2014Very nice! Was impressed by the abienance from the moment I walked in. Service was very good. Our server was very pleasant and professional. The food was top notch. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DenverfoodiegalVIPDined on 7/29/2014Thank you once again for a great meal! Excellent service too!Special Features:
- ExcellentEnjoyableVIPDined on 7/29/2014We've been to Elways in Cherry Creek numerous times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Food only topped by great servicehotdishDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Elway's Cherry Creek. The food and the service were excellent. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. We were able to have a nice conversation without talking over the other diners. The food was delicious, cooked exactly the way we ordered it.Special Features:
- Should be a dress code!SailorDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and were very nicely dressed for the occasion. Seated next to us was a family very poorly dressed. Man was in tank top and wearing visored cap. Many other patrons were arriving in jeans and shorts. We were visually offended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.