Elm Street Oyster House
11 West Elm Street
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Elm Street Oyster House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elmstreetoysterhouse.com/
- Phone: (203) 629-5795
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Kulhanek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Elm Street Oyster House
Elm Street Oyster House is a little gem of a restaurant, located right off Greenwich Avenue, in the heart of downtown. We offer the finest quality seafood from raw oysters to yellowfin tuna and king salmon, in a casual, friendly, elegant atmosphere. We have a world class wine list and a knowledgeable, accommodating staff. You will not find a better seafood restaurant in Fairfield County Connecticutt, guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Elm Street Oyster House - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Elm Street Oyster House reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Consistently GreatmslitchdinerDined on 11/20/2014Lovely lunch and excellent service. Host and server were very welcoming and the lunch was delicious. Will come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super MealJblackleVIPDined on 11/19/2014We frequent the ESOH and are rarely disappointed. Had dinner last week. Clam Chowder, Salmon (times 2) and a nice "house wine". Uniformly excellent. Bar and restaurant are smallish so the company holiday party seated at the table at the window raised the overall noise level considerably. Not usually an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemDannyDined on 11/14/2014New England fish chowder, mahi mahi, and flounder stuffed with crab meat were excellent. Our waiter's service was exceptional! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 11/13/2014My wife had stuffed flounder, I had mahi mahi. Both were excellent, as was the chowder. The service was just right. We came as a result of a Restaurant Week promotion. Thanks for the opportunity to try your great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food; bit hurriedGaryVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I ate at the Oyster House with a friend on Saturday night. The main courses (sesame encrusted tuna and monkfish) and the chocolate dessert were excellent. The New England clam chowder appetizer, however, was mostly potatoes in a watery mix. Service was a little hurried - if you put your fork down, your plate was gone. But certainly this is a very good restaurant.Special Features:
- Elm Street for the Win!yumyumDined on 11/4/2014Elm Street Oyster House was a fantastic place for a romantic anniversary dinner. The specials were great - excellent wine bottles! My boyfriend had the paella with half a lobster in it and I had the scallops. All amazing - apps and dessert were killer too. Not cheap but you definitely get quality food that is worth every penny!Special Features:
- A favorite.gdray4361Dined on 10/31/2014Not my first time here. The service was knowledgeable and friendly. The were ready with explanations and suggestions. As usual, the food was outstanding. A nice selection of appetizers and entrees. The is the place to go if you're a seafood lover.Special Features:
- Great SpotNothappyDined on 10/3/2014Fresh food and great service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- consistently great food!newyorkroxDined on 9/28/2014I love this place! Every time we go, it is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmed212203Dined on 9/23/2014for a seafood-centric place, the seafood wasnt that good. seemed like thawed an hour ago, not super fresh. fish and chips was heavily breaded, not much fish. just meh across the board. too many better places in town for me to go back. also no bar -just beer/wine.
- charleneVIPDined on 9/20/2014Always a reliable and delicious meal. We love the Pearl Group places, Ruby, especially. Elm Street was a nice meal with good friends and everyone was happy with what they ordered.Special Features:
- true to formmesameoneVIPDined on 9/16/2014great oyster selection, fresh seafood. skilled chefs, great wine list. chateau pinot from Sonoma my personal favSpecial Features:
- Occasional dinerFood2freakDined on 9/10/2014Always a gem. The best oysters and clams, friendly accommodating service. A little noises, but worth it for the food. Fun for foodie lunch.Special Features:
- Hurry Up and Eat!eatermomVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a go-to place for us. We love the food, but notice the portions are shrinking. In addition, the service borders on rude. We've gotten the the check served along side the dessert or coffee. Wine pours are a bit stingy, but we love the half price Sunday night wines.
- delicious seafoodLmontNYCerDined on 8/30/2014We've tried all the Pearl Restaurants and Elm Street Oyster House has the most delicious food. My Paella was as good as I have ever had. Our guests loved their blackened swordfish, calamari, and soft shell crabs. And, the sides were as good as the fish! Great brussell sprouts and sweet potato hash.Special Features:
- Great foodCustomerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent flavor and presentation. Wine list good but could benefit from some strong Californias like BV, Sterling, Acacia, Hewitt, Provenance, and there are some excellent Rosenblum Zinfandel Reserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidlocalDined on 8/28/2014They know how to do seafood, hands down. Always reliable and you can have whichever seafood you want in any way you like it. Sides and salads are great also. A few tables outside facing the street, nice also. Not too formal and very good every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Outstanding food, great place..what more could you ask? We had paella, shrimp po boys-excellent. The mini crab cake appetizer should not be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NCCNCAMCDined on 8/6/2014Elm Street Oyster House always delivers. Crab cakes and salmon were excellent.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmospherejfoodhVIPDined on 8/2/2014Nice location - off Greenwich Avenue Food was good but not special Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 315 reviews are from the Elm Street Oyster House reviews archive.
- ArtyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Very overpriced for such mediocre food with poor service
- xyz123VIPDined on 7/18/2014this has always been one of my favorite restaurants. i eat almost anything on the menu and everything is delicious. i tried something different this time instead of the tuna, and had the fish tacos which were excellent. nice to sit outside as wellSpecial Features:
- Elm Street Oyster House is goodLoganDined on 6/14/2014We had a great meal at Elm Street. We had to wait 10 minutes for our table to sit inside as it was chilly outside but Manager was very congenial. We had a drink at the bar and the bartender ask others to make room for us, very friendly place. Great oysters, tuna and guacamole and great service. We will go back soon.Special Features:
- Very good, very priceyShouldUDined on 6/13/2014Met a client for lunch. Parking always an issue. One appetizer, two lunch entrees, a glass of wine, two beers: $150 with tip. Food is good but not fantastic.Special Features:
- Great seafood, friendly staffGRfoodiesDined on 6/12/2014A great little find in Greenwich; staff is friendly and knowledgeable, seafood is always terrific. Selection great. Wine list OK+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went late afternoonLenoxVIPDined on 5/25/2014delicious meal (glazed salmon and sushi grade grilled tuna with sauteed bok choy). Love that they do not close between lunch and dinner--a rarity in CT. at 4pm, noise was not an issue and by 4.30pm it started to fill up. Only negative, bread and breadsticks were so so.Special Features:
- Outstanding SeafoodclgcoVIPDined on 5/24/2014If you like seafood, this is the place for you. The food gets five stars. The variety of the menu gets five stars and the service is outstanding. The entrees vary in price from $18 to $34. Great atmosphere and value.Special Features:
- Vibrant place, mediocre foodABWalerDined on 5/23/2014Maple glazed Salmon was a cloying odd taste that went unfinished by one of our party. Seafood paella had good shell fish, but mushy and very salty rice. Cheesecake dessert, even though tiny, also went unfinished.Special Features:
- Worth it despite some minor issuesBedfordNYVIPDined on 5/11/2014One of our favorite seafood/fish restaurants. Arrived on time for our reservation for 3 people and was told it would be as long as 30 minutes to be seated. We spotted an empty table for 2 and asked if we could fit there (yes). Seated under a very cold a/c vent and asked twice before it was adjusted. The restaurant is small so they don't have a lot of flexibility when tables don't turn quickly, but we always enjoy dining here; prices are on the higher side but food quality is excellent.Special Features:
- Attentive staffCustomerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Staff is just superb in theiur attention to patrons' needs. Very, very impressive.Special Features:
- Wonderful seafood findGRfoodiesDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful, fresh seafood primarily, as the name would imply. Some delightful seafood appetizers, followed by well prepared entress, at a relatively reasonable price. Can get a little noisy if the crowd is "energetic", as was the case on our last visit. Service is great, wine list good, food terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fluffy1Dined on 5/4/2014We like the cozy atmosphere and it's low noise level. Great for two people or a small party. The seafood courses are beyond expectation. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lobster roll!NiteoutdiningDined on 4/25/2014Bustling Friday night business with high noise levels – that however did not detract but only added to the vibrancy of the restaurant.when after considerable period of time our food did not arrive, the host was kind enough to come over to explain that it had been dropped and they were starting over. He then proceeded to bias around of drinks. Frankly, he could have gotten away with saying nothing. They left us with a great feeling and the food was spectacular from trout to lobster roll to softshell crabs to halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Expert from Ft Lauderdale123mlmDined on 4/11/2014Heavenly food, oysters were wonderful, fish perfect and sides were exceptional. Excellent service and even though very busy we were take care of right away. Small dining area so a little crowded but only adds to charm of this special occasion restaurant. We cannot wait to go back and try moreSpecial Features:
- Surprised at the sizeKristieDined on 3/30/2014Great little bistro atmosphere. All the staff were wonderfully friendly. Certainly added to the experience. Tables a bit tight together although I understand the reason. Such a small dining room ..they need to get as many tables as possible into the space available. Our reservation was early so the restaurant was fairly empty and that allowed for us to have conversatuons while enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Noise is OppressiveDiscriminatingDinerDined on 3/29/2014Elm Stree has wonderful food, but lately the noise level has become intolerable. I left the resraurant frustrated at being unable to communicate with our friends and with a splitting headache.
- Only one complaintDisappointedVIPDined on 3/28/2014I love the Elm Street Oyster House! The food is fantastic, the service is very good and the location is great. My only gripe is that the tables are on top of one another and that does take away from the ambience/privacy. I realize this is necessary due to the size of the restaurant, but sometimes it can effect the overall experience.Special Features:
- Noise with SeafoodCJK123Dined on 3/8/2014The seafood is as good as ever at this small Greenwich restaurant. The dining room is as cramped as ever and you can enjoy your own and your neighbors converstion while eating great seafood.Special Features:
- Too small to workSessiLeighDined on 3/7/2014Restaurant in chic part of Greenwich is very, very small. Had to ask to change tables after being seated at a table worthy of 6 year olds. No space to get legs under tiny table and no space to actually eat and cut food. Next table was a much larger booth and this was fine. Fried oysters were good and scallops as entre were okay. The so-called butter bathed lobster tails had no butter flavor and needed salt to get some taste--- seemed to be frozen so long that taste left. Restaurant is popular but food is very mundane for the prices.
- A bit of a disappointment.PatriceDined on 3/7/2014This has been my favorite restaurant for well over 15 years. I made a reservation and was placed at a table that was a couple of inches away from the other table on one side and close enough to a table on the other side that staff had to brush against our table every time they went by. Finally, I saw a table open up and asked for it they did move us, but that table should have never been there. The next couple moved there requested a move as well. My favorite meal is the sesame crusted tuna. The last time I had it, it was amazingly fresh and seared perfectly. This piece seemed much smaller, which might explain why it was more than seared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.