Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brownpalace.com/
- Phone: (303) 297-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday 7:00AM - 10:00AM
Lunch:Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch:10:00am - 2:00pm
Holiday Brunches:10:00AM - 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Venturo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz trio during Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Cross Street: Between Broadway & Tremont Place
- Public Transit: Bus: Civic Center; Light Rail: 18th & California
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Brown Palace Hotel has valet parking as you arrive at the entrance of the hotel. Ellyngton's will validate your parking ticket for the Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch.
A word from Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace
Deal makers, politicians and businessmen frequent the restaurant regularly making it the place see and be seen. The hotel main dining room serves traditional breakfast with a twist; deli sandwiches, creative entree's and salads for lunch, as well as our City Search 2006 Best Brunch winning Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch. Three tiers of champagne are offered to complement the experience: Domaine Chandon, Moet et Chandon, and of course, Dom Perignon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (52)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (19)romantic (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great celebration spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014Always love the quality of the food and ambience here for celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional, Historic and AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The Brown Palace is a Denver landmark and Ellyngton's for brunch just never disappoints. The buffet tables are beautiful with a full range of well-maintained, delicious, fresh options for even the pickiest eaters. All egg items are cooked to order at a chef's station and there is a carving station with beef, pork and house-made bacon. If you choose the champagne option, your glass is never empty. Service is impeccable with very friendly, attentive staff. Can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014just a very nice brunch with great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchBusinessTravelerVIPDined on 11/9/2014We were a party of 5, and we all enjoyed everything we ate. The food was simply wonderful. The sushi, prime rib and pork shoulder were out of this world delicious. The only disappointment was in the dessert department. The servers were rather rude and did not restock items as they were depleted--even though the trays of cookies and eclairs were right next to them. Several people asked for them and were rudely (and incorrectly) informed there were plenty of those items already out. (I was very content with the chocolate fountain, so this was not an issue for me!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014You can't beat the Brown Palace for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Great BrunchFreidaDined on 10/19/2014We went to the Brown Palace for Sunday Brunch. We had been there last Christmas and wanted to enjoy it again. The food was great, the service very good and the experience wonderful. I recommend it!Special Features:
- Fabulous1degreeDined on 10/19/2014Elegant, sumptuous. Everything you might expect from an icon. Service was impeccable. I loved the prime rib, the shrimp cocktail, the bananas foster, and much much more. I wish I lived in Denver and I would be there every Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/19/2014Ellington's is supposed to be a "formal" brunch. They have NO dress code. You will pay 52.00 to sit next to people wearing football jerseys. Totally classless, they need to institute a dress code. The Brown Palace is one of the most historic hotels in Denver and you feel like you're at an embassy suites free breakfast.Special Features:
- Always been my favoritePatrickVIPDined on 10/16/2014Ellyngton's is a classic. A man can wear a suit and feel right. When I treat a client to lunch, Ellyngton's is my top choice.Special Features:
- A Denver IconHighCountryFoodieDined on 10/12/2014I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at Ellyngton's. I took my wife for Sunday brunch, October 2014. Complimentary valet parking if you get your ticket validated by the restaurant host. The ambience is dripping with history from the time you walk into the hotel until you're seated at your table. Our waiter was so attentive. He definitely earned a 25% tip. He was personable, told us everything we needed to know about the buffet, kept or drink glasses full the entire meal (water, orange juice and champagne). The musical entertainment was perfect. Not too loud to have a conversation but loud enough to feel like nearby tables couldn't hear your conversation. The food was amazing. Everything I tried was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014An exceptional dining experience: food, service, atmosphere woven together seldom found in Denver restaurant. Appreciated the attentive but not intrusive care by the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunchuberwenchDined on 9/28/2014Went for Sunday brunch with my 17 year old daughter and my mother in law. My daughter observed that she was the youngest in the place by at least 20 years, which was true. They may not offer a child's priced brunch option, which I appreciated because I am not fond of little kids licking the utensils at a buffet bar and running around the restaurant after they've eaten while the parents sit at their table ignoring them. Excellent attentive service (even though it's a buffet) and lovely piano music (live). My first choice for a special occasion brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Was wonderful. Great atmosphere good food choices.Special Features:
- Terrific!FredVIPDined on 9/21/2014We stayed at the Brown Palace and went to Ellington's for Sunday brunch. It was just terrific! Great food, outstanding service, a wonderful jazz trio. And an all-around experience that was well worth the money. I'm going back and I just can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing settingKatLondonDined on 9/17/2014Beautiful restaurant and inside of hotel is worth seeing! Food good too.Special Features:
- Great Business Lunch RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Ellyngton's is a beautiful restaurant in historic hotel downtown with great service and a perfect location for a business lunch. We dined here specifically because we wanted a quiet place to discuss a business interest and the quiet atmosphere makes that possible. Wait staff is unobtrusive and professional. Service is outstanding. Food is beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch Ever!FoodloverVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a must do at least one time, although once may not be enough. It's pricey but the quality is there. Everything was so delicious we couldn't stop eating. Beautiful displays, excellent staff, amazing food all in a beautiful hotel, who could ask for more?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- probably won't recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014My drink was served with a fruit fly in it which I didn't notice until after taking a sip. While they replaced the drink, they didn't offer anything else. I ordered a lobster BLT. I turned out to be lobster claws, not lobster tail. The lobster was tough, lacked flavor and generally just wasn't very good. Overall the experience was a major disappointment.
- Very NiceCheerMom80Dined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed Brunch. For the price, you are definitely paying to eat at Brown Palace. I feel like there could have been more options but overall was good. One of the options offered was sushi, however it looked like it had been sitting for awhile. Dessert was the highlight of our visit with a fantastic chocolate drink and bananas foster!Special Features:
- Hard to beat911skibumVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ellyngton's is probably one of the best restaurants for lunch in Colorado. The selections and food quality are outstanding along with the food actually being healthy. Hard to beat this combination in my opinion.Special Features:
- Great PlaceSSSKDined on 8/10/2014It is so excited to have a weekend brunch in this historical placeSpecial Features:
- Classic Denver must-try experience!RuedawgDined on 8/10/2014I was here about ten years ago, and virtually nothing has changed since then. I'd like to think that very little has changed since the hotel opened its doors 100 years ago... making this a rare glimpse into history!Special Features:
- Outstanding brunchFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/3/2014I return here for brunch each time I visit Denver. Food and ambience spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014It was a birthday celebration and all went well. The band played happy birthday and the waiter asked their names so all were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 502 reviews are from the Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace reviews archive.
- Excellent PlaceGamemeatamazingDined on 7/31/2014Excellent service and food selection. This is a great place to take your spouse for a getaway dinner or for work lunches. Excellent location and also a place where you can have a conversations without feeling like you are yelling.Special Features:
- MontyDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated our forty-fourth wedding anniversary with brunch at the Brown Palace... first time! It will not be our last! The staff know how to receive guests and the food exceeded our expectations... delightful variety and deliciously prepared. Jessica, our server was a personable and graciouos young woman who made for a very pleasant experience. Loved the jazz band. Valet service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Comfortable ambiance.TMOHAZ1Dined on 7/20/2014We pondered the actual breakfast menu as we had arrived before the brunch buffet was completely set (10am) and were impressed with several tempting and reasonably priced offerings. The allure of what we had read to be the best brunch in Denver won out, though. Salad bar components, sushi, lamb and prime rib carving station, raw bar, smoked local trout, each wowed us. Moet et Chandon flowed like water (and tasted like honey-coated stars) for only $20 more than the buffet only price. What a great value. Add in the two musicians and a very nice occasion turned really special. Everyone should try this if in Denver on a Sunday. Doubt you will regret it. If so, the dual white and dark chocolate fountain or mini creme brulees should right it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LuvDenverDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed afternoon tea and also the Sunday Brunch. The tea was amazing and the brunch was incredible. The service is amazing. Keep up the great work! I will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Selectionheartsandcandy17Dined on 7/20/2014The food was absolutely delicious and there was a lot to choose from. I took my husband here for his birthday and it was great. The seafood options were delicious. I was especially impressed with the sushi. I would definitely recommend enjoying this brunch.Special Features:
- OutstandingExcellentVIPDined on 7/13/2014As excellent and you would expect. Have the desserts first is my only recommendation.Special Features:
- Love this BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014The best brunch I have ever had! Amazing jazz band makes the experience even more special as does the delightful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary Brunch!dolphindebbieDined on 7/6/2014Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception at the Brown Palace 6 years ago. We've made it a tradition to celebrate our anniversaries (3 days apart) with brunch at the Brown Palace. We are always made to feel very special, treated like royalty, and the food is just perfect -- tasty and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Great brunch1 Lots of good choices.AnnieDined on 6/29/2014Very enjoyable brunch with friends. Great variety of food-something for all. The one thing that I was disappointed with was the eggs benedict-specially cooked. I prefer the yolk to break out over the muffin and it was a hardcooked yolk. On the other hand, my friend said it looked just the way she liked it. All in all, I would recommend heartily.Special Features:
- FabuloushateditDined on 6/22/2014Fabulous and delicious as usual. No complaints, just a good time. Danny Showers and his band are a great added bonus to the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchweddinggirlDined on 6/22/2014The food and service were amazing. The atmosphere and location were great!Special Features:
- Anmanor86OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Ellyngton's was wonderful! We weren't sure that we'd be able to top our all time favorite brunch location on the San Antonio River Walk but we love this place just as much. The atmosphere was fun and festive, the food was excellent and the music was pretty awesome as well.Special Features:
- amazing venuemilitarypediatricianDined on 6/15/2014a must-try for those who love a variety of food - in abundance - with elegant ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneykathyDined on 6/15/2014We made brunch reservations thru open table but when we got there it was for a different breakfast and not the brunch. Food was very bland and luke warm. Certainly not worth the money we paid.
- Elegant Jazz Buffet BrunchReedelVIPDined on 6/1/2014A predictably elegant Sunday Brunch Buffet with all the expected breakfast fare with omelettes, lamb, roast beef, sushi rolls, raw bar, seafood and a vast selection of sweets. There is no culinary magic here but a well prepared, beautifully presented brunch buffet in the elegant surroundings of the historic Brown Palace. Nice Jazz - I wish the musicians were next to the entrance door and the dessert buffet was with the other food. It might lessen the volume of the very nice jazz combo that can make conversation difficult and it might improve the flow of the room where the jazz group is set up now. Service was very professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday BrunchBrunchbabyDined on 5/18/2014My mom had a wonderful time at brunch on 5/18. Michael took great care of us and made us feel welcome. The food was amazing. The eggs Benedict was the best I've ever had.Special Features: