Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brownpalace.com/
- Phone: 3032973111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday 7:00AM - 10:00AM
Lunch:Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch:10:00am - 2:00pm
Holiday Brunches:10:00AM - 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Venturo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz trio during Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Cross Street: Between Broadway & Tremont Place
- Public Transit: Bus: Civic Center; Light Rail: 18th & California
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Brown Palace Hotel has valet parking as you arrive at the entrance of the hotel. Ellyngton's will validate your parking ticket for the Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch.
A word from Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace
Deal makers, politicians and businessmen frequent the restaurant regularly making it the place see and be seen. The hotel main dining room serves traditional breakfast with a twist; deli sandwiches, creative entree's and salads for lunch, as well as our City Search 2006 Best Brunch winning Dom Perignon Sunday Brunch. Three tiers of champagne are offered to complement the experience: Domaine Chandon, Moet et Chandon, and of course, Dom Perignon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (50)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (16)romantic (14)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- probably won't recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014My drink was served with a fruit fly in it which I didn't notice until after taking a sip. While they replaced the drink, they didn't offer anything else. I ordered a lobster BLT. I turned out to be lobster claws, not lobster tail. The lobster was tough, lacked flavor and generally just wasn't very good. Overall the experience was a major disappointment.
- Very NiceCheerMom80Dined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed Brunch. For the price, you are definitely paying to eat at Brown Palace. I feel like there could have been more options but overall was good. One of the options offered was sushi, however it looked like it had been sitting for awhile. Dessert was the highlight of our visit with a fantastic chocolate drink and bananas foster!Special Features:
- Hard to beat911skibumVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ellyngton's is probably one of the best restaurants for lunch in Colorado. The selections and food quality are outstanding along with the food actually being healthy. Hard to beat this combination in my opinion.Special Features:
- Great PlaceSSSKDined on 8/10/2014It is so excited to have a weekend brunch in this historical placeSpecial Features:
- Classic Denver must-try experience!RuedawgDined on 8/10/2014I was here about ten years ago, and virtually nothing has changed since then. I'd like to think that very little has changed since the hotel opened its doors 100 years ago... making this a rare glimpse into history!Special Features:
- Outstanding brunchFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/3/2014I return here for brunch each time I visit Denver. Food and ambience spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014It was a birthday celebration and all went well. The band played happy birthday and the waiter asked their names so all were pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PlaceGamemeatamazingDined on 7/31/2014Excellent service and food selection. This is a great place to take your spouse for a getaway dinner or for work lunches. Excellent location and also a place where you can have a conversations without feeling like you are yelling.Special Features:
- MontyDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated our forty-fourth wedding anniversary with brunch at the Brown Palace... first time! It will not be our last! The staff know how to receive guests and the food exceeded our expectations... delightful variety and deliciously prepared. Jessica, our server was a personable and graciouos young woman who made for a very pleasant experience. Loved the jazz band. Valet service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Comfortable ambiance.TMOHAZ1Dined on 7/20/2014We pondered the actual breakfast menu as we had arrived before the brunch buffet was completely set (10am) and were impressed with several tempting and reasonably priced offerings. The allure of what we had read to be the best brunch in Denver won out, though. Salad bar components, sushi, lamb and prime rib carving station, raw bar, smoked local trout, each wowed us. Moet et Chandon flowed like water (and tasted like honey-coated stars) for only $20 more than the buffet only price. What a great value. Add in the two musicians and a very nice occasion turned really special. Everyone should try this if in Denver on a Sunday. Doubt you will regret it. If so, the dual white and dark chocolate fountain or mini creme brulees should right it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LuvDenverDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed afternoon tea and also the Sunday Brunch. The tea was amazing and the brunch was incredible. The service is amazing. Keep up the great work! I will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful Selectionheartsandcandy17Dined on 7/20/2014The food was absolutely delicious and there was a lot to choose from. I took my husband here for his birthday and it was great. The seafood options were delicious. I was especially impressed with the sushi. I would definitely recommend enjoying this brunch.Special Features:
- OutstandingExcellentVIPDined on 7/13/2014As excellent and you would expect. Have the desserts first is my only recommendation.Special Features:
- Love this BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014The best brunch I have ever had! Amazing jazz band makes the experience even more special as does the delightful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary Brunch!dolphindebbieDined on 7/6/2014Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception at the Brown Palace 6 years ago. We've made it a tradition to celebrate our anniversaries (3 days apart) with brunch at the Brown Palace. We are always made to feel very special, treated like royalty, and the food is just perfect -- tasty and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Great brunch1 Lots of good choices.AnnieDined on 6/29/2014Very enjoyable brunch with friends. Great variety of food-something for all. The one thing that I was disappointed with was the eggs benedict-specially cooked. I prefer the yolk to break out over the muffin and it was a hardcooked yolk. On the other hand, my friend said it looked just the way she liked it. All in all, I would recommend heartily.Special Features:
- FabuloushateditDined on 6/22/2014Fabulous and delicious as usual. No complaints, just a good time. Danny Showers and his band are a great added bonus to the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchweddinggirlDined on 6/22/2014The food and service were amazing. The atmosphere and location were great!Special Features:
- Anmanor86OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Ellyngton's was wonderful! We weren't sure that we'd be able to top our all time favorite brunch location on the San Antonio River Walk but we love this place just as much. The atmosphere was fun and festive, the food was excellent and the music was pretty awesome as well.Special Features:
- amazing venuemilitarypediatricianDined on 6/15/2014a must-try for those who love a variety of food - in abundance - with elegant ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneykathyDined on 6/15/2014We made brunch reservations thru open table but when we got there it was for a different breakfast and not the brunch. Food was very bland and luke warm. Certainly not worth the money we paid.
- Elegant Jazz Buffet BrunchReedelVIPDined on 6/1/2014A predictably elegant Sunday Brunch Buffet with all the expected breakfast fare with omelettes, lamb, roast beef, sushi rolls, raw bar, seafood and a vast selection of sweets. There is no culinary magic here but a well prepared, beautifully presented brunch buffet in the elegant surroundings of the historic Brown Palace. Nice Jazz - I wish the musicians were next to the entrance door and the dessert buffet was with the other food. It might lessen the volume of the very nice jazz combo that can make conversation difficult and it might improve the flow of the room where the jazz group is set up now. Service was very professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday BrunchBrunchbabyDined on 5/18/2014My mom had a wonderful time at brunch on 5/18. Michael took great care of us and made us feel welcome. The food was amazing. The eggs Benedict was the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- GCaseyDined on 5/18/2014Food was incredible and service was amazing. Never needed to ask for anything and could barely get a sip of champagne before they were refilling it! Great place for brunch!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2014I had been told that rather than making the trek down to the Broadmoor, I should try the Brown Palace because their brunch is just as good. It is not. Nor is it as good as many of the other restaurants that do brunch in Denver/Boulder. The presentation is very nice and the room is impressively opulent, but the food is nothing special - in fact, I liked very little of what I ate - and the service is well dressed but lacking. Food: Not much variety overall, the orange juice was not fresh squeezed (though we were told it was), the smoked salmon was cheap and salty, the prepared fish tasted about a day past fresh, and the coffee was awful. Service: Plates weren't bussed, water/coffee glasses empty, needed to ask for new silverware
- GradDadGradDadDined on 5/11/2014Great setting for a food bachanailia, both quantity and quality, for an after grad celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Mother's Day BrunchHappyWifeHappyLifeDined on 5/4/2014A great time was had by entire family in recognition of Mother's Day. Food was great, service impeccable as always, a brunch of unparalleled food choices...Special Features:
- Nice splurgeErinDined on 5/4/2014Very nice selection of brunch items. Fresh berries with clotted cream for pancakes and waffles. Prime rib was excellent. Save room for dessert. The little pastries on lollipop sticks are fantastic.Special Features:
- The following 481 reviews are from the Ellyngton's at the Brown Palace reviews archive.
- Still Power Lunch Central!tcl42Dined on 4/29/2014I can't think of a better place to have a business lunch in the Denver Metro area. From extraordinary staff to top notch foods, Ellyngton's is an important part of our Denver business community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimelessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014This brunch is always special and never disappoints. We haven't been in almost seventeen years and I ask myself why, the BP is history and quality and we are putting in on our calendar for at least an annual visit.Special Features:
- bon apetite brunchDelightedDinerDined on 4/27/2014Excellent service. Excellent shrimp cocktail & cheese selections; Outstanding, diverse food selection-definitely something for everyone; Succulent desserts. Luscious coffee, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuewasnothappyDined on 4/20/2014I would have Ellington's main area; we were the second floor. It was a little overcrowded. Too many kids..NoisySpecial Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofLisaDined on 4/13/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place on a snowy day....Special Features:
- BRUNCHHHISLFDined on 4/13/2014This brunch is the best in the US. I live in Hawaii and there is not anything like this brunch. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014My Family has been enjoying brunch at Ellyngton's for over 20 years; it is Our Place to celebrate special occasions -- and it's amazing how many reasons we can fabricate for a celebration! We love the ambience, the service, and the food. We consider the experience to be well-worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch and eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2014The elegance and staff here at the Brown Palace really makes Ellington's a perfect place to celebrate and have a tasty well laid out brunch. We always have a great time here !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in Denver area!DolfanDined on 4/13/2014My friends and I make this an annual event to celebrate spring. We look forward to brunch at Ellyngton's at The Brown Palace every year! The food is awesome and there's something for everyone - highlights are the fresh large shrimp and crispy bacon. Wait until you see the dessert area with the chocolate fountain! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy brunchDadsthoughtsDined on 4/6/2014Very tasty and varied brunch selection. Impressive seafood bar. Service is first-rate. Ambiance is good, but live music called for just a piano versus a live trio--noise-wise. A wonderful place for that special brunch, but you'll pay for it.Special Features:
- Love Brunch at BPflutewahineDined on 4/6/2014Great place for a splurge for brunch. Delicious food with a lot of variety. Live music, so you get a great musical experience for the price of brunch! Kids that can sit still will love it - mine do! The chocolate fountain is a hit with the kids.Special Features:
- Elegant and DeliciousCarolWDined on 3/30/2014I LOVE the Brown Palace Sunday Brunch at Ellyngton's. The food is top notch and there is plenty of it. The service is attentive without being overbearing. The live music is entertaining. And the desserts - oh my!!! I would highly recommend that you experience this brunch at least once in your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.