Ellina Restaurant and Bar
430 E. Hyman Ave.
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ellina Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ellinaaspen.com/
- Phone: 9709252976
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30 pm - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Miguel Diaz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ellina Restaurant and Bar
Aspen's hottest dining spot fills with glasses clinking in anticipation of a fantastic meal. This is Ellina. We would like to invite you to a genuinely unique experience. Named for the region of Valtellina in northern Italy, Ellina brings together old world values and new world vision.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ellina Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cocktails were excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013Cocktails were excellent, we'd go back for drinks. Dinner menu seemed a bit too limited. A nice place, but ambiance wasn't what we were expecting for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Bit overpriced but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2013Went with my family. Great food and service. Did think it was overpriced however.Special Features:
- A dining sensation!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013I live in Aspen and somehow have only been here one other time. This is an error I will be correcting. For 2 days after the meal my husband and I talked about how delicious and unique and special the food was. The bruschetta appetizer is so delicious it is beyond words. I did not want to share!! We did a combination of appetizers and side dishes, because we couldn't choose. All were so amazing! My husband did order the salmon too and the preparation was like no other - it was fantastic. My friend, who does not like salmon LOVED it and had several bites - she didn't know salmon could taste like that!! The service from our waiter and the sommelier was above and beyond, which is not always the case in Aspen, sad to say!Special Features:
- Overpriced with only fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013When we arrived we were seated promptly at a table in the back corner of the space, and because we were an awkward 5 the seating arrangement was cheerfully rearranged so that one could sit at the head of the table. Our waiter was initially attentive, but after a single round of drinks seemed to forget that we might want to order anything additional to drink. As the restaurant filled, the noise level became a bit overpowering and the wait staff was increasingly absent. Once our food arrived it was pretty good, if a bit oily. The octopus appetizer was interesting, salads were small and nothing special. The veal scallopini was good but there was nothing particularly creative in the presentation for the price.Special Features:
- food was superb and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2013food was superb and service prompt and polite.....
- beautiful atmostphere. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013beautiful atmostphere. Food was not superb but was very good.Special Features:
- prefer eating at the bar...theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2013prefer eating at the bar...the lights are way too bright and unattractive!!!! rope lights glaring in your face...
- We went to Ellina to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/19/2013We went to Ellina to celebrate my husband's birthday. We enjoyed our dinner and thought the food was very good. The portions are not huge, however. The artichoke bruschetta was delicious but only large enough for the 5 of us to each have one small bite. Also be aware that if you want a refill on your coffee, they will charge you $5 per cup, as they make each cup individually. Overall, we really liked this restaurant and would recommend it.Special Features:
- There were very noticibleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2013There were very noticible service issues. The staff seemed hectic and on edge. Our food took an unacceptable long time to come out. Those at our table that ordered steaks did not get a steak knife. We noticed staff snapping at each other and that surrounding tables were also getting edgy waiting for their food. The food was, however, quite tasty. The specialty drinks were also quite delicious and unlike the food, came to our table soon after ordering.
- The wine steward did a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2013The wine steward did a wonderful job of helping us navigate the massive wine menu. We did have to have our wine decanted due to it being too cool (they store wines at a much cooler than normal temperature). The famous artichoke bruschetta was average at best. I had the tomato soup that was apparently made w/o any seasoning outside of tomatoes and some cream. It lacked any memorable flavor. I had the housemade peppered fettucini.....once again it lacked the taste one would expect of a high end restauraunt. The pork chop entree was a homerun. Our desserts were wonderful!Special Features:
- Always my favorite meal inFood4uDined on 12/27/2012Always my favorite meal in aspen. Really interesting menu.everyone was thrilled with the food. Service is great and the ambiance is warm.Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere, but hefoodieVIPDined on 12/23/2012Lovely atmosphere, but he food is only fair, overpriced and portions are small. Excellent somelier and wine list, but very disappointed in the quality of the food.
- Jill knew the wine list inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012Jill knew the wine list in and out. Max was a great server, never waited for anything. I will go back again and I can't wait to sit at the bar.Special Features:
- Food was excellent with niceDavidBDined on 9/22/2012Food was excellent with nice presentation. Nice table outside. Calamari was some of the best I'd ever had. Wine selection was extensive but a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2012Had a great time at Ellina! The food was delicious and the service was great. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wine. This was my first visit to Aspen, and I was recommended Ellina by a friend. The ambience is great, and the decor is very modern but cozy. I will definitely be returning to Ellina on my next trip to Aspen!Special Features:
- Everything we ordered wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012Everything we ordered was delicious! The ambience was great.Special Features:
- The hostess was terrific-ElspethDined on 7/31/2012The hostess was terrific- very friendly and recommended some really good appetizers. The bruschetta was terrific- like nine I've ever tried and the calamari also very good. Dinner was just fair. Cute place but I wouldn't race back.
- At first, we thought the menuDuckmanDined on 7/5/2012At first, we thought the menu might be too limited for a large group. However, everyone found a number of items that they really enjoyed. We shared four different appetizers. The bruchetta and cheese plates were especially good. We had almost one of every main course from fish, chicken, beef to the special duck. All were excellent. The wine list is quite extensive and maybe a little over-priced, which is not too surprising for Aspen. Although, it was not too hard to find wines that were quite well matched with the food at a reasonable price. We have brought a group to Aspen for the past 15 years; this was one of the best dinners we have had.Special Features:
- excellent service...waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012excellent service...waiter suggested cocktails and menu items as he became familiar with our tastes....great 'people watching'location...very hip....has a great vibeSpecial Features:
- Top notch Italian restaurantBeliciousDined on 6/16/2012This is a small restaurant that really packs a punch with outstanding food and a wine list that offers you choices thru out Italy.The pasta is made on the premises and is absolutely divine. Generous portions of entrees has nobody leaving hungry. A bar is available for casual dining and the main dining room has exposed stone walls that makes you feel like you are eating in a wine cellar.Special Features:
- The artichoke app is a mustOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/15/2012The artichoke app is a must every time I go to aspen.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteSfpdoddVIPDined on 6/7/2012This is one of our favorite spots in Aspen. Artichoke Bruschettta is habit-forming!! The wine list and sommelier are terrific!!Special Features:
- I love their artichoke heartsuzi0088Dined on 3/29/2012I love their artichoke heart dish, it is out of this world. Our food was great, the desserts did not do anything to me.Special Features:
- very good...especially theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2012very good...especially the appetizers were very original and it would have been nice to try all of them.
- Way overpriced compared toJerryVIPDined on 2/25/2012Way overpriced compared to the best restaurants in Aspen.
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/20/2012Great food, great service, but the noise level made the experience unbearable. There were several tables of 10 -20 people. Even with our table of 4, we had to yell to be heard. We ate our food and left as soon as we could. The restaurant could reduce the noise level if they wanted to, but apparently don't want to.
- As advertised. The food, service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/19/2012As advertised. The food, service, and ambiance were all gr3eat. Would recommend it to others. It is expensive, but I thought worth the price.Special Features:
- Awesome...Nice staff...coolOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2012Awesome...Nice staff...cool crowd and mouthwatering food. Expensive but worth it...Special Features:
- Great Little PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2012All 4 of us loved our food! The calamari appetizer was fantastic! Meals were truly appropriate portions, and the house-made gelato was a delightful ending. Should also mention we had excellent service!
- I happened upon this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012I happened upon this restaurant while searching for a place to eat on line in Aspen. When I saw the Octopus dish I knew that would be the place to go. Let me tell you how ecstatic I was with this dish. The meat was grilled with a slight char but remained soft and not the least bit chewy. The texture was complemented by a slightly piquant sauce which was deliciously sopped up by the toast underlying the hearty serving. Every bite was sheer bliss! While the remainder of the meal was good experimental and well presented it did not live up to the standard set by the octopus. We shared an interesting ceviche dish with blood orange caviar which was quite interesting but did not pack the powerful taste of the earlier dish.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2012One of the best restaurants in Aspen. Great menu with perfect wine paringSpecial Features:
- Outstanding wine service andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Outstanding wine service and food. Highly recommend. As good as any and better than many Aspen fine dining restaurants.Special Features:
- No complaints. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/21/2012No complaints. Service was quick and friendly. Food very good. Cozy atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food at Ellina is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2012The food at Ellina is consistently good, although hardly a bargain. Service in the last few years has been spotty--one time it's slow and surly, another time they may bend over backwards. I still love the place and will go back, though. The food is worth it, even if the wine list is woefully overpriced.Special Features:
- food was delicious, pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/18/2012food was delicious, prices a bit high, nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Solid Choice in Overrated AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/26/2011Aspen - is there a more over-rated/over-priced dining scene in the USA? Among the myriad poor-to-mediocre choices with indifferent service and a whopping check adding insult to injury, Ellina is a solid, somewhat off-the-radar exception. Our meal was very good. Service was attentive and efficient despite a large crowd. Spaghettini in a spicy tomato sauce with prawns was tasty; mushroom ravioli in a truffled cream sauce was outstanding; haddock served over a velvety yellow tomato sauce and a large potato/leek filled ravioli was perfectly cooked; veal scallopini was the lone disappointment - salty and dull. Not cheap, but we're in Aspen ... In all, a good choice in this town.Special Features:
- Disappointing food. DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/25/2011Disappointing food. Dinner was brought after 1 hr of waiting. It was clear that my pasta and shrimp dish had been sitting for a long time and was reheated. The freshly made pasta was mush, and the shrimp were so chewy I had a hard time cutting it with my knife. I told the waitress but no one cared. Also I was puzzled by enormous cheese appetizer where cheese was drowned in balsamic vinegar.
- My husband and I very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/23/2011My husband and I very much enjoyed our meal here. We started with the artichoke bruschetta which was delicious, then moved on to the pork belly, beet salad and ended with the pasta. I tried the pepper fettuccini which was quite good and my husband loved his truffle ravioli. The service was warm and attentive without being overbearing. The space felt intimate without being hushed or pretentious. If you are considering any other Italian restaurants, we also dined at Casa Tua while in Aspen and would hands down recommend Ellina over Casa Tua.Special Features:
- Server spilled a beer andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2011Server spilled a beer and half of a martini on us. Replaced beer. Requested new martini, which we were charged for! Manger informed of charge and only took off price of spilled martini and replacement. They couldn't have comped the spilled drinks, and minimally the appetizers? Or a round of drinks for our table? We went home with 2 sweaters needing dry cleaning. Even had to ask for new, dry, napkins after the spill! Food was very good, but service makes this unrecommendable.