Ellerbe Fine Foods
1501 W. Magnolia Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ellerbe Fine Foods
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellerbefinefoods.com/
- Phone: 8179263663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30 - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Molly McCook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lea Lewis 8179263663
- Special Events: We have a private dinning room that can accommodate up to 50 people or you are able to have the entire restaurant that seats up to 120 people.
A word from Ellerbe Fine Foods
Ellerbe Fine Foods is a restaurant and market focused on fresh, seasonal, and local ingredients. Ellerbe’s relaxed yet stylish atmosphere provides the perfect backdrop for an evening lingering over fine food and wine, a business lunch, a nice meal before a show, dining with friends, special occasions, or a nightcap of dessert and coffee. In-season and local foods not only taste better but are better for you. Chef Molly McCook uses this principle in her cuisine, making for a constantly evolving seasonal menu of locally grown, sustainable products, bringing ingredients from our partner farmers to your plate. Our wines and many of these products are also available for sale in our on-site market, so you can continue the Ellerbe experience at home and beyond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ellerbe Fine Foods - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Ellerbe Fine Foods reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (78)notable wine list (60)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (44)great for lunch (27)good for groups (23)hot spot (21)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Dinner at Ellerbe Fine Foods surpassed our expectations. Every detail was divine, and our service was impeccable. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- a once in a while treatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Ellerbe's fine foods was a place I had wanted to visit since driving by and seeing the inviting curtains that hung around the patio. They offered a time to sit, reminisce, and enjoy a delightful meal. All of their invitings were fulfilled. My wife and I enjoyed our time and our meal. We won't frquent often solely due to the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014my favorite restaurant in the DFW area. Everything I've had here is really good.Special Features:
- DisappointingRip2014Dined on 10/9/2014I was interested to see how they brought the various local suppliers into their menu. Ordered an appetizer of their frog legs which were very good but had a oily cole slaw with pickled cucumbers and other veggies with it that somewhat ruined the crispiness of the frog legs. also order their "Porterhouse" steak which was more like a small, tough piece of poor quality beef that was covered with so many sauces that it lost itself in the flavor department. Another party ordered fish dish which was good but salty. Bread was forgettable as was the final dessert which was described as an elegant chocolate dish but it was more of a very small tasteless chocolate concoctment with a very minor bit of chocolate syrup.Special Features:
- ZinbobDined on 10/9/2014Another superb meal. This is by far our favorite restaurant in the DFW area.Special Features:
- Delicious food!straycatDined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed our dinners very much! Wine list is nice as well as the variety on the menu. All in all, a wonderful nite. We will be back!Special Features:
- Disappointedbister8Dined on 10/4/2014Unfortunately we were told that everything was very good at this restaurant. That was not our experience. I ordered the pork porterhouse and it was about the worst dish I've ever had. It still gives me nightmares! Poorly cooked with a rather unpleasant paprika sauce. Fatty and really awful. My husband ordered the rack of lamb medium, but most of it was rare and flavorless. We should have returned both dishes, but didn't. Husband also had the homemade chocolate ice cream which was sort of a pudding consistency and not good. The bright notes: excellent sweet potato soup and delicious bread pudding. Menu online can't be trusted. It showed halibut, which is what I really wanted, but it was not on the menu at the restaurant. Too bad.Special Features:
- candiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014Always great meal! Great wine and amazing deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeJLIIDined on 9/26/2014We had another great lunch at Ellerbe. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Farm to Table in FWlepeDined on 9/25/2014The menu was seasonal and all ingredients were purchased that morning at the local farmers market. Vegetarian options were available in all courses. Dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- A Special PlaceTexanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ellerbe's is the place to go for truly "fresh daily" entrees that are prepared to perfection. The menu varies, but the quality and selection never disappoints with fish, pork, beef, and chicken options. The wine and specialty beer selection is adequate for most. Don't plan on cocktails, but do expect excellent service and the ability to visit and enjoy your dining experience without the drone and background noise found in most restaurants today. Again, our most recent visit was par excellence!Special Features:
- Great site for a celebrationWFPBdietDined on 9/19/2014Ashley, our server, was a gem. She was beyond helpful and accommodating. We took friends to celebrate their 50th anniversary, and we had many requests for our special needs. We follow a whole foods, plant based diet with no additional oil added, and we've been doing that for over four years. They had trouble...as do almost all chefs...understanding that we wanted no additional oil in our food. We cook glorious meals at home, and none of them start with, " sauté in olive oil." But retraining chefs is a huge undertaking. Check out Del Sroufe, the chef who wrote Better than Vegan. The produce was exceptionally fresh and delicious; too much oil in everything. The breads were not whole grain. My husband never compromises and leaves there hungrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4forksDined on 9/13/2014Ellerbe fine foods is a wonderful restaurant specializing in farm to table cuisine. Great presentation of food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant ExperienceJCTriRunnerDined on 9/11/2014I selected Ellerbe's for a quiet, elegant birthday dinner. It was a wonderful experience. With my reservation I mentioned the occasion was a birthday and they suggested a Birthday cake for the desert. It was a great idea and a welcome surprise. It was delivered with style. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtoknowDined on 9/6/2014Food and service were outstanding. The temperature had been near 100 for days, so the restaurant was not prepared for the lower temperature brought on by a rain storm. Even though we were allowed to change tables, I never was really comfortable. However, excellent hot food and wine kept my mind off my chill. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RMKluvfoodwineDined on 9/6/2014We loved this place! From the little details like the napkins, simple flowers in a vase, serving dishes, etc. And then came the food...everything was creative and delicious. It was our first time there and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014we went for my birthday with a large group and had a fabulous time! The food was very good- especially the rabbit papardelle. The cheese board was a little lacking and only really enough for two people, but everything else was wonderful. excellent service, very great wine selection. I recommend again and again.Special Features:
- Fine DinningLove2FineDineDined on 9/6/2014I love the quaint atmosphere, the service was excellent and the food was very fresh and just delectable. They had a great wine selection. We were very pleased and will recommend it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finedineDined on 9/5/2014Every meal I have enjoyed at Ellerbes is exquisite. The menu is flavorful and ambitious and offers something for everyone. Fresh is the name of the game here and that makes all the difference. There is no restaurant in Fort Worth or Dallas that compares.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewIrvintxDined on 9/2/2014The squash soup was unremarkable. It lacked flavor. The frogs legs, ocra, rabbit and fish dishes were excellent. We did not have dessert.Special Features:
- JBuckDined on 8/28/2014My meal was unique, memorable and absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find in Fort WorthstratpilotVIPDined on 8/15/2014A little bit away from the downtown steakhouses is a fabulous restaurant with unique, delicious food, great service, and a neighborhood feel. My wife and I went to Ellerbe the other night after checking out the Kimball museum. It is located in a small building which looks like it used to be a house or gas station. Once inside, there is no mistaking this for anything other than a fine restaurant - nicely spaced tables, lots of attentive staff, and the energy of people enjoying themselves. The waitress explained that the food is mostly local and because of that, the menu changes often based on availability. I ordered the pork jowl (a bit of a culinary stretch for me) which was served with cheese hominy and other goodies - great!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a great night out just us too. We took our time were not rushed. We scored a great bottle of wine and enjoyed some great food with elegant flavors. Just a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellerbe Fine FoodsGammyDined on 8/14/2014We had a delightful evening with our kids. Food was delicious, service great, waitress very knowledgeable about all the entrees and appetizers. They called and confirmed our reservation the day before which was nice especially for people who might forget to cancel a reservation.Special Features:
- High HopesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014I'd heard great things about this restaurant. The valet and ladies at the greeting counter were excellent. The concept of farm to table held true-to-form and was reflected in the quality of the meal ingredients. Unfortunately, as a traveler who eats frequently, the entrees didn't seem to have the right balance in their meals. As I shared, I heard great things and would like to give them another chance but do not plan to use the same server staff.
- Expected way more.edchDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Food was cold, undercooked and lacked flavor. Other restaurants in the area offer better food. Not worth what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great experienceSparkyDined on 8/6/201426th wedding anniversary. Decided to try something new. Found this little gem of a resteraunt. Had a great time. Good food. Friendly staff. Quaint setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love FoodFoodie7Dined on 8/6/2014We found this restaurant several years ago when it opened. We have been coming here ever since. The food is excellent always and always imaginative. The ambiance is very good. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommend this establishment to one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BronxBoyDined on 8/2/2014We frequent Ellerbe Fine Foods for special occasions and a time to treat ourselves. It has a wonderful relaxing atmosphere The staff are knowledgeable about the menu selections and the wine list. We totally enjoyed our last visit.Special Features:
- Bree (food n staff) terrificMGandSEDined on 7/30/2014Brought out of town family. Staff Bree was on fire with top notch wine descriptions, item explanations and flavor profiles. Could not have been better evening. Prob best meal we've had this year, pork jowl, quail, steak. Starters recommended were okra, meat n cheese, and heirloom tomatoes from Farmer Scott. Bree is a KEEPER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!CaincanDined on 7/30/2014Had lunch with a dear friend. Wanted somewhere very classy but also fun... Ellerbe's hit the spot. The food was excellent, and the restaurant has a personality all it's own. What a happy place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeRobertDined on 7/29/2014Every time I've been to Ellerbe's the food has been amazing (5 times). The frequent changes to the menu prove that they are intent on only serving the best, freshest foods. The location is small, but elegant, and the service is always good. Expect to spend a good deal of your hard-earned money, but for special occasions or romantic outings it's well worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!BillDined on 7/26/2014Very tasty. The chef is top notch and for the price it is unbelievable! Entrees run 20$ to 30$.Special Features:
- ExcellencelovesatelliteDined on 7/26/2014Ellerbe is high on the list of exceptional dining in Fort Worth. The atmosphere is vibrant and the ever-changing (or should I say "evolving"?) menu achieved opulent variety without overwhelming us. The wait staff didn't hesitate to explain any finer ingredients foreign to our pallets. They also made impeccable recommendations from the wine list. The whole experience was very enjoyable and rejuvinating. When we received our food, it was perfectly cooked. We're looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jan35Dined on 7/24/2014Ellerbee's is a great place to meet a friend(s) for lunch. The food and service have always been good and you know that you'll be able to have a nice conversation without interference while you are dining. An added "plus" is its convenience when driving from the mid-cities.Special Features:
- Gem1BeachtimeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Ellerbe's never let's us down. Excellent food and service. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Really special.utktDined on 7/22/2014We went as a large group to try everything - ordered many appetizers, all different entrees, and every dessert. It was all spectacular. The ambiance was comforting and lovely, the food was interesting and beautifully executed, and the servers really knew what they were doing and were a pleasure. Just great. Will return when we are back in town.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDDuncanDined on 7/19/2014We had an awesome experience, the food was fantastic, the service was perfect. We will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedFoodie4EverDined on 7/19/2014Ellerbe's has been a favorite for years, but Saturday night was not good. The appetizer was "Warm Brie and Peaches"...I got a TINY piece of toast with a small taste of brie and NO peaches. Really?? They did bring it on a plate when I asked where the peaches were, but come on...$11 and you can't put one of the two ingredients from the name? My halibut was delicious! The dessert (bread pudding) was also delicious. My husband had the steak....it was THE TOUGHEST piece of meat I have ever had in a restaurant! The flavor was okay, but not that great. We told the waitress about the meat, but she just apologized. My husband had never been there and will never go back.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We celebrated out anniversary here and had a wonderful time and an outstanding meal. The food, from starters to entres to desserts, was spectacular. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.