Ellerbe Fine Foods
1501 W. Magnolia Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ellerbe Fine Foods
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellerbefinefoods.com/
- Phone: (817) 926-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30 - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Molly McCook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lea Lewis 8179263663
- Special Events: We have a private dinning room that can accommodate up to 50 people or you are able to have the entire restaurant that seats up to 120 people.
A word from Ellerbe Fine Foods
Ellerbe Fine Foods is a restaurant and market focused on fresh, seasonal, and local ingredients. Ellerbe’s relaxed yet stylish atmosphere provides the perfect backdrop for an evening lingering over fine food and wine, a business lunch, a nice meal before a show, dining with friends, special occasions, or a nightcap of dessert and coffee. In-season and local foods not only taste better but are better for you. Chef Molly McCook uses this principle in her cuisine, making for a constantly evolving seasonal menu of locally grown, sustainable products, bringing ingredients from our partner farmers to your plate. Our wines and many of these products are also available for sale in our on-site market, so you can continue the Ellerbe experience at home and beyond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ellerbe Fine Foods - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Ellerbe Fine Foods reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)special occasion (89)neighborhood gem (74)notable wine list (62)romantic (48)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (30)good for groups (27)hot spot (24)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Our favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2014This was our third visit - brought visiting family this time. As with our prior two visits, the food was absolutle fantastic. At our table we ordered the red fish, the lamb, the pheasant and a couple orders of the pork porterhouse. Everyone loved their food. We will continue to recommend the restaurant to our friends and to visit whenever we can. It will be even better once they have the opportunity to install the wine bar. Can't wait! Special thank you to Scott, who provided friendly, attentive, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014I can't speak highly enough of our experience here. Everything was perfect from the food to the service. We loved it so much, we went back the next afternoon for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationMrshDined on 11/22/2014We could not have asked for a more perfect experience to celebrate our 30th anniversary than the one provided by Ellerbe Fine Foods. Our server, Brie, was outgoing, fun and attentive, providing great suggestions to make our dinner the best it could be. She recommended an andouille sausage appetizer that wasn't on the menu and it was divine. Richard, the general manager and wine connoisseur, suggested two wines for our table of 4 that were not on the list, and they were both perfect accompaniments to our meals of steak or venison. Finishing our meal with an amazing butternut squash cake, we left very satisfied and ready to return soon to try the pork porterhouse that had sold out with a few more wines that Richard can recommend. Chef Molly McCook knows how to bring grandmother's favorite dishes to the table using fresh, local market offerings. You will feel like you are home. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Such a freshness and novelty of combined flavors in the food here! Service was knowledgeable and attentive. The wine list is excellent. A must for dining in Fort Worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is not up to standardssmittyDined on 11/15/2014Second visit. We enjoyed the menu and service. However, the food product was not so great. The pork chop porterhouse was too tough to eat and the lamb was too greasy. The salad was excellent and dessert superb. Pretty pricy for fair food.Special Features:
- LOVELYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014lovely food, ambience, service, and wine! The waiter was attentive, knowledgeable of both food and wine menus. the restaurant has a positive atmosphere and quiet enough to have a conversation. great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and unique...AnniversaryCelebratorsVIPDined on 11/13/2014I'm often looking for restaurants to meet someone for a business discussion. I needed something in the south Fort Worth area and found Ellerbe's through Open Table. Excellent choice -- good food, attentive service, casual ambiance and a noise level that made conversation easy. The menu was unique enough to make it a memorable experience, assisted by a waiter who with a great personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchJamesDined on 11/12/2014Ellerbe is my go-to for medical district lunch with friends for special occasion or to do business when a meal makes sense. The fare is light or heavy, depending on your choice, and the menu is uncomplicated without too many choices. Cost is not too high, and a good value given the extremely fresh ingredients - seems like just harvested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eagerbeaverDined on 11/11/2014Ellerbe Fine Foods always provides an excellent dining experience with frequent new items that are wonderful. Service is outstanding. It can be recommended without hesitation.Special Features:
- Love This PlacelovegreatfoodDined on 11/8/2014We went to Ellerbe's to celebrate my birthday - there were 4 of us. We all ordered different things, and all any of us could say was "wonderful". Our server was absolutely amazing-friendly, helpful, attentive. All servers were extremely efficient and personable. I personally had the Gulf Drum and it was delicious. I love the way Ellerbe's puts so many different flavors in each dish. When I think of a special occasion, I always think of Ellerbe's because I have never been disappointed. Oh, and by the way, the okra appetizer was still the best ever!!!Special Features:
- Worth it.BobbyDined on 11/7/2014The restaurant is an old gas station. It's now a beautiful place to dine for special occasions. The food is unusual and amazing. The butternut squash soup is especially good. The food, though a bit expensive, is totally worth it. Great experience!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014As usual the food was stellar and the service was remarkable. This is our favorite Fort Worth Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014First time at Ellerbes for my birthday dinner with family and we all loved it. Fresh farm-to-table food, prepared excellently and served with attention to detail.Special Features:
- My go to spotcowgirlDined on 10/29/2014Whenever there is a special occasion or even just for something yummy, Ellerbee's is my choice. All the menu choices are fresh and delicious. BTW, the bread pudding is the best on the planet!! And the wait staff is fab.Special Features:
- Foodie wannabeWishfulfoodieDined on 10/29/2014Very enjoyable lunch. The food was delicious. My only comment was that the Catfish Po 'Boy was on way too thick of bread. Impossible to eat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I chose Ellerbe to take my wife for our anniversary. The food was exceptional and unique with a wonderful and knowledgeable waitstaff. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend for an out of the ordinary dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, yet loudeLOUDerbeDined on 10/25/2014Only complaint: very noisy - sound bounced off the walls. Had to almost shout to hear each other. Possibly because we were in center of room. Possibly because we are older diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 10/24/2014Food was good, service amusing but the wine was overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The food was the best I've had in a long time. My husband actually said, "I don't want it to end." We are so glad we choose Ellerbe for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artdocentdma1Dined on 10/18/2014Dinner at Ellerbe Fine Foods surpassed our expectations. Every detail was divine, and our service was impeccable. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- a once in a while treatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Ellerbe's fine foods was a place I had wanted to visit since driving by and seeing the inviting curtains that hung around the patio. They offered a time to sit, reminisce, and enjoy a delightful meal. All of their invitings were fulfilled. My wife and I enjoyed our time and our meal. We won't frquent often solely due to the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014my favorite restaurant in the DFW area. Everything I've had here is really good.Special Features:
- DisappointingRip2014Dined on 10/9/2014I was interested to see how they brought the various local suppliers into their menu. Ordered an appetizer of their frog legs which were very good but had a oily cole slaw with pickled cucumbers and other veggies with it that somewhat ruined the crispiness of the frog legs. also order their "Porterhouse" steak which was more like a small, tough piece of poor quality beef that was covered with so many sauces that it lost itself in the flavor department. Another party ordered fish dish which was good but salty. Bread was forgettable as was the final dessert which was described as an elegant chocolate dish but it was more of a very small tasteless chocolate concoctment with a very minor bit of chocolate syrup.Special Features:
- ZinbobDined on 10/9/2014Another superb meal. This is by far our favorite restaurant in the DFW area.Special Features:
- Delicious food!straycatDined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed our dinners very much! Wine list is nice as well as the variety on the menu. All in all, a wonderful nite. We will be back!Special Features:
- Disappointedbister8Dined on 10/4/2014Unfortunately we were told that everything was very good at this restaurant. That was not our experience. I ordered the pork porterhouse and it was about the worst dish I've ever had. It still gives me nightmares! Poorly cooked with a rather unpleasant paprika sauce. Fatty and really awful. My husband ordered the rack of lamb medium, but most of it was rare and flavorless. We should have returned both dishes, but didn't. Husband also had the homemade chocolate ice cream which was sort of a pudding consistency and not good. The bright notes: excellent sweet potato soup and delicious bread pudding. Menu online can't be trusted. It showed halibut, which is what I really wanted, but it was not on the menu at the restaurant. Too bad.Special Features:
- candiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014Always great meal! Great wine and amazing deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeJLIIDined on 9/26/2014We had another great lunch at Ellerbe. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Farm to Table in FWlepeDined on 9/25/2014The menu was seasonal and all ingredients were purchased that morning at the local farmers market. Vegetarian options were available in all courses. Dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- A Special PlaceTexanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ellerbe's is the place to go for truly "fresh daily" entrees that are prepared to perfection. The menu varies, but the quality and selection never disappoints with fish, pork, beef, and chicken options. The wine and specialty beer selection is adequate for most. Don't plan on cocktails, but do expect excellent service and the ability to visit and enjoy your dining experience without the drone and background noise found in most restaurants today. Again, our most recent visit was par excellence!Special Features:
- Great site for a celebrationWFPBdietDined on 9/19/2014Ashley, our server, was a gem. She was beyond helpful and accommodating. We took friends to celebrate their 50th anniversary, and we had many requests for our special needs. We follow a whole foods, plant based diet with no additional oil added, and we've been doing that for over four years. They had trouble...as do almost all chefs...understanding that we wanted no additional oil in our food. We cook glorious meals at home, and none of them start with, " sauté in olive oil." But retraining chefs is a huge undertaking. Check out Del Sroufe, the chef who wrote Better than Vegan. The produce was exceptionally fresh and delicious; too much oil in everything. The breads were not whole grain. My husband never compromises and leaves there hungrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4forksDined on 9/13/2014Ellerbe fine foods is a wonderful restaurant specializing in farm to table cuisine. Great presentation of food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant ExperienceJCTriRunnerDined on 9/11/2014I selected Ellerbe's for a quiet, elegant birthday dinner. It was a wonderful experience. With my reservation I mentioned the occasion was a birthday and they suggested a Birthday cake for the desert. It was a great idea and a welcome surprise. It was delivered with style. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtoknowDined on 9/6/2014Food and service were outstanding. The temperature had been near 100 for days, so the restaurant was not prepared for the lower temperature brought on by a rain storm. Even though we were allowed to change tables, I never was really comfortable. However, excellent hot food and wine kept my mind off my chill. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RMKluvfoodwineDined on 9/6/2014We loved this place! From the little details like the napkins, simple flowers in a vase, serving dishes, etc. And then came the food...everything was creative and delicious. It was our first time there and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014we went for my birthday with a large group and had a fabulous time! The food was very good- especially the rabbit papardelle. The cheese board was a little lacking and only really enough for two people, but everything else was wonderful. excellent service, very great wine selection. I recommend again and again.Special Features:
- Fine DinningLove2FineDineDined on 9/6/2014I love the quaint atmosphere, the service was excellent and the food was very fresh and just delectable. They had a great wine selection. We were very pleased and will recommend it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finedineDined on 9/5/2014Every meal I have enjoyed at Ellerbes is exquisite. The menu is flavorful and ambitious and offers something for everyone. Fresh is the name of the game here and that makes all the difference. There is no restaurant in Fort Worth or Dallas that compares.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewIrvintxDined on 9/2/2014The squash soup was unremarkable. It lacked flavor. The frogs legs, ocra, rabbit and fish dishes were excellent. We did not have dessert.Special Features:
- JBuckDined on 8/28/2014My meal was unique, memorable and absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.