Ellerbe Fine Foods
1501 W. Magnolia Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76104Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ellerbe Fine Foods
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellerbefinefoods.com/
- Phone: 8179263663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30 - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Molly McCook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Lea Lewis 8179263663
- Special Events: We have a private dinning room that can accommodate up to 50 people or you are able to have the entire restaurant that seats up to 120 people.
A word from Ellerbe Fine Foods
Ellerbe Fine Foods is a restaurant and market focused on fresh, seasonal, and local ingredients. Ellerbe’s relaxed yet stylish atmosphere provides the perfect backdrop for an evening lingering over fine food and wine, a business lunch, a nice meal before a show, dining with friends, special occasions, or a nightcap of dessert and coffee. In-season and local foods not only taste better but are better for you. Chef Molly McCook uses this principle in her cuisine, making for a constantly evolving seasonal menu of locally grown, sustainable products, bringing ingredients from our partner farmers to your plate. Our wines and many of these products are also available for sale in our on-site market, so you can continue the Ellerbe experience at home and beyond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ellerbe Fine Foods - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Ellerbe Fine Foods reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (92)neighborhood gem (87)romantic (55)notable wine list (53)great for outdoor dining (37)great for lunch (32)good for groups (24)hot spot (16)great for brunch (11)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- JBuckDined on 8/28/2014My meal was unique, memorable and absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find in Fort WorthstratpilotVIPDined on 8/15/2014A little bit away from the downtown steakhouses is a fabulous restaurant with unique, delicious food, great service, and a neighborhood feel. My wife and I went to Ellerbe the other night after checking out the Kimball museum. It is located in a small building which looks like it used to be a house or gas station. Once inside, there is no mistaking this for anything other than a fine restaurant - nicely spaced tables, lots of attentive staff, and the energy of people enjoying themselves. The waitress explained that the food is mostly local and because of that, the menu changes often based on availability. I ordered the pork jowl (a bit of a culinary stretch for me) which was served with cheese hominy and other goodies - great!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014We had a great night out just us too. We took our time were not rushed. We scored a great bottle of wine and enjoyed some great food with elegant flavors. Just a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellerbe Fine FoodsGammyDined on 8/14/2014We had a delightful evening with our kids. Food was delicious, service great, waitress very knowledgeable about all the entrees and appetizers. They called and confirmed our reservation the day before which was nice especially for people who might forget to cancel a reservation.Special Features:
- High HopesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014I'd heard great things about this restaurant. The valet and ladies at the greeting counter were excellent. The concept of farm to table held true-to-form and was reflected in the quality of the meal ingredients. Unfortunately, as a traveler who eats frequently, the entrees didn't seem to have the right balance in their meals. As I shared, I heard great things and would like to give them another chance but do not plan to use the same server staff.
- Expected way more.edchDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Food was cold, undercooked and lacked flavor. Other restaurants in the area offer better food. Not worth what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great experienceSparkyDined on 8/6/201426th wedding anniversary. Decided to try something new. Found this little gem of a resteraunt. Had a great time. Good food. Friendly staff. Quaint setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service!JackDined on 8/6/2014Difficult to find great food, great wine, and great service in the same place. Usually one of those suffers. Not at Ellerbe's. Molly's kitchen produces best food in Fort Worth using local products! Richard works the wine list with Molly's help and has some of the best selections in Fort Worth. Wait staff has some really experienced waiters who know how not to intrude but how to stay alert. Always surprised with the joy of each dinner at Ellerbe's!Special Features:
- Love FoodFoodie7Dined on 8/6/2014We found this restaurant several years ago when it opened. We have been coming here ever since. The food is excellent always and always imaginative. The ambiance is very good. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Highly recommend this establishment to one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BronxBoyDined on 8/2/2014We frequent Ellerbe Fine Foods for special occasions and a time to treat ourselves. It has a wonderful relaxing atmosphere The staff are knowledgeable about the menu selections and the wine list. We totally enjoyed our last visit.Special Features:
- Bree (food n staff) terrificMGandSEDined on 7/30/2014Brought out of town family. Staff Bree was on fire with top notch wine descriptions, item explanations and flavor profiles. Could not have been better evening. Prob best meal we've had this year, pork jowl, quail, steak. Starters recommended were okra, meat n cheese, and heirloom tomatoes from Farmer Scott. Bree is a KEEPER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!CaincanDined on 7/30/2014Had lunch with a dear friend. Wanted somewhere very classy but also fun... Ellerbe's hit the spot. The food was excellent, and the restaurant has a personality all it's own. What a happy place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeRobertDined on 7/29/2014Every time I've been to Ellerbe's the food has been amazing (5 times). The frequent changes to the menu prove that they are intent on only serving the best, freshest foods. The location is small, but elegant, and the service is always good. Expect to spend a good deal of your hard-earned money, but for special occasions or romantic outings it's well worth it. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!BillDined on 7/26/2014Very tasty. The chef is top notch and for the price it is unbelievable! Entrees run 20$ to 30$.Special Features:
- ExcellencelovesatelliteDined on 7/26/2014Ellerbe is high on the list of exceptional dining in Fort Worth. The atmosphere is vibrant and the ever-changing (or should I say "evolving"?) menu achieved opulent variety without overwhelming us. The wait staff didn't hesitate to explain any finer ingredients foreign to our pallets. They also made impeccable recommendations from the wine list. The whole experience was very enjoyable and rejuvinating. When we received our food, it was perfectly cooked. We're looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jan35Dined on 7/24/2014Ellerbee's is a great place to meet a friend(s) for lunch. The food and service have always been good and you know that you'll be able to have a nice conversation without interference while you are dining. An added "plus" is its convenience when driving from the mid-cities.Special Features:
- Gem1BeachtimeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Ellerbe's never let's us down. Excellent food and service. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Really special.utktDined on 7/22/2014We went as a large group to try everything - ordered many appetizers, all different entrees, and every dessert. It was all spectacular. The ambiance was comforting and lovely, the food was interesting and beautifully executed, and the servers really knew what they were doing and were a pleasure. Just great. Will return when we are back in town.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDDuncanDined on 7/19/2014We had an awesome experience, the food was fantastic, the service was perfect. We will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedFoodie4EverDined on 7/19/2014Ellerbe's has been a favorite for years, but Saturday night was not good. The appetizer was "Warm Brie and Peaches"...I got a TINY piece of toast with a small taste of brie and NO peaches. Really?? They did bring it on a plate when I asked where the peaches were, but come on...$11 and you can't put one of the two ingredients from the name? My halibut was delicious! The dessert (bread pudding) was also delicious. My husband had the steak....it was THE TOUGHEST piece of meat I have ever had in a restaurant! The flavor was okay, but not that great. We told the waitress about the meat, but she just apologized. My husband had never been there and will never go back.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We celebrated out anniversary here and had a wonderful time and an outstanding meal. The food, from starters to entres to desserts, was spectacular. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive but not intrusiveJoeyDined on 7/15/2014What I liked the most was the fact that they really paid attention to the "special requests" made from the Open Table reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always InterestingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Best in Fort Worth for something other than steak and potatoes.Special Features:
- From Indiana visiting Ft. WorthDiningproVIPDined on 7/9/2014Found Ellerbe on opentable . Great service from Scott our server, very professional and attentive. Wife had Quail and I had Rabbit which were absolutely delicious. Presentation excellent. From farm to table is their daily menu theme. A must try. A dining pleasure without being rushed. AWESOMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKelsanDined on 7/9/2014We felt so welcomed when we spent our 20th anniversary with Richard and Scott. The crew at Ellerbe Fine Foods are wonderful and caring people. The food, as always, was over the top! Loved every moment of the experience. We continue to return to Ellerbe's for special occasions and spur of the moment great meals.Special Features:
- What a find!AwinnerDined on 7/5/2014It was our first time here! The name caught my eye when I was glancing through google as my name was Ellen. I looked through the menu and saw that they had Pork Belly. Immediately I said to my husband, let's try it. We asked for a 4 top and got it. We were served by Michael, wh gave us fantastic service and had answers to all of our questions. We will ask to have him again. Well said and done, we will dine there again, and I am sure we will have the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLizzyDined on 7/1/2014Always good service and great food. Great wine selection. The staff have always been very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellerbe Restaurant Fort WorthFortWorthCowgirl21Dined on 6/28/2014Celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this past weekend and dined at Ellerbe Fine Foods Restaurant. The service and the food were both outstanding. Scott, who was our waiter, was delightful He was a well of great information as well as making the dining experience enjoyable and lively. We loved the fresh local farmer's market ingredients that they used in the meal preparation. The presentation was highly appealing. I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- A Metroplex GemOreosandChardonnayVIPDined on 6/28/2014We happened upon Ellerbee's one month after opening and considered it the best mistake that has ever happened for us dining wise! Since then they have become our favorite restaurant in the metroplex and while we don't go as often as we would like, we have never been disappointed with any dish, morsel or bite! This place takes farm to fork to a whole new level and their staff is informative and excellent at figuring out what each person should order based on their likes and dislikes. Bree, our server during this visit, was probably one of the most adept servers we've encountered at wine pairing. The Fort Worth dining scene is fortunate to have this gem and Chef Molly deserves all her accolades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Unique menu filled with great fresh options. Molly has to be best chef ever. Wonderful atmosphere and service was great and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DissapointsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/25/2014Another great meal at Ellerbe's. Found a wonderful cab franc on the list, the Alchemist which is a Relic wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at Ellerbe'sSpoxDined on 6/21/2014Delicious and memorable dinner. My steak was prepared with perfection in mind. Wine pairing was superb. Sophisticated and yet relaxing atmosphere. Make time to dine at this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Wonderful!WKMKBDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I once again traveled a good distance from North Dallas to celebrate our wedding anniversary at Ellerbe's. This is our fourth trip to celebrate such an occasion. The farm to table concept is executed to perfection. Time after time we have found Ellerbe's consistently wonderful. The charm of the space never wanes. Service is impeccable and the food is simply amazing. Best kept secret in the DFW metroplex. And don't forget to inquire about the mint ice cream....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding mealSteveVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is a great establishment that we regularly visit - the food and service is outstanding and consistently so.Special Features:
- A true farm to table restaurantTxfoodieDined on 6/11/2014Our waiter Joe was warm and friendly. He made a great suggestion for a wine to go well with our group of four's food selections if rabbit, salmon, steak, and quail. Service was fast and efficient but we never felt rushed. We were made to feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value.Bearcat71Dined on 6/6/2014One of those places that is not cheap but you don't feel like you're wasting your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014Always a great meal. Nice local ingredients and wonderful preparations. Key menu choices: Gulf Shrimp and Grilled Green Tomatoes, Pork Belly, and Halibut.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodRobinsonsDined on 5/31/2014We were impressed with Ellerbe Fine Foods, and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner selections. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Go Its ExcellentHavePlaneWillTravelDined on 5/29/2014Excellent food, service, atmosphere, prices. Menu varies based on what she finds at the market and from purveyors. Located in an area that has many new restaurants built in existing houses and old stores. This one is located in a former gas station. Holds about 100 patrons. Clearly earned its top 1 percent rating on Tripadvisor Urbandining Yelp. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014This was probably my most unimpressive visit to Ellerbe's. The menu was very limited at lunch, only light offering, the Chicken Waldorf Salad. It was "ok" but nothing special. The food is usually much better so I know it was probably just an off day. I will definitely go again.Special Features: