2739 Old Elm Hill Pk
Nashville, TN 37214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellendales.com/
- Phone: (615) 884-0171 ext. 3
- Hours of Operation:
Express Lunch Buffet: Tues_Sat: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Julie Buhler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have an extensive catering menu. We also can make meals based on your occasion. Please follow the link to our catering menu!
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of ten and over please contact the restaurant by phone at 884-0171 ext 3. For parties 15 and over, a private room or party for later date, please call our planner Staci at 615-414-1310.
- Private Party Contact: Staci 6154141310
- Entertainment: Live music every night.
- Special Events: Farmers Market Dinner family style Friday nights at 7:30 on our patio.
A word from Ellendale's Restaurant
Ellendale's is a family owned and operated restaurant serving Contemporary American Cuisine. We offer a express lunch buffet tues- sat 11-3. We also have the best Sunday Brunch in Nashville 10-3! Happy hour daily 3-6! Our menu offers creative, hand crafted dishes featuring fresh produce harvested from our own garden, presented with Southern Charm in our own Historic Farmhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Ellendale's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Ellendale's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (36)good for groups (31)romantic (24)great for brunch (23)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- A must visitCarolVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great place near the airport! Live music, awesome food - good for kids 7-17!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy, food, and service!AngelaDined on 11/21/2014Food was very good... Service was great-- super friendly, and Dolores on the piano was outstanding. Lots of good energy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service but food can be betterJJTennesseeVIPDined on 11/18/2014This is my third visit to Ellendale's. My first visit was during dinner and my ribeye steak was overcooked to well done instead of medium rare. The second visit was for their lunch buffet and the main entrees were dried up by the heat lamp and the vegetables were undercooked. The third visit on Tuesday (11-18-2014) was a buffet lunch at Noon. The pork barbecue had the same dried up texture by the heat lamp and the carrots with mong beans were undercooked. The carrots had a texture of a thin rice cake. Aside from the issues described above, the flavor was good and well spiced. The cooks just need to learn how to cook the food properly. Service is very good and courteous. Even the hostess is friendly and warm. I want this restaurant to be successful but I can't seem to have an experience with no issues. I sure hope things get better. I still refer people to eat here. For a buffet at $8.95 a plate, it really needs to get better. Right now, the Chinese buffet one block down serves better food at $7.95 per plate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- At a lose for words...AmazingDined on 11/15/2014Horrible from the time we walked up to the door and it was locked a few minutes before opening which is ok, but many minutes after it was to open was still locked. Should have left then!
- Great spot in Nashville!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/14/2014Went for drinks and dinner. Bartender was great. Lemon drop martini was well made also their queso was delicious. Had the steak filet for dinner, and that was tasty as well. We went on a Friday when they had live music. It was perfect to have that in the background. Very talented guitarist and you could still hear your own conversations at dinner. The atmosphere seems like a mix of traditional and eclectic and the people who work there gave great service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaryLouDined on 11/14/2014Went here on a recommendation for our good friends. Hostess was so pleasant and accommodating to my elderly parents. Waitress made great recommendations for food. Food was great! Only bad thing was I didn't have room for dessert. Highly recommend. Maybe our new Friday night out spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet n EatMeetnDineGuruDined on 11/2/2014Atmosphere was great, food was excellent. With background noise, it was difficult to meet, but everyone enjoyed the meeting and we made it to through best as possible. We will be more intentional with our needs next go round. Considering all things, job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS RELIABLESPClearwaterFLDined on 10/30/2014Our bi-annual stop while in Nashville, was as good as ever. You can make a meal out of the appetizers, which are delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent FindJScottDined on 10/29/2014We were able to partake in the lunch buffet. Gourmet food for a great price!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suggested by a friendDriftAwayDined on 10/26/2014We read many reviews in TripAdvisor and we're ambivalent in going there because of some reviews. We decided to go and it was a great decision. We had the James Bond for an appetizer, ironically priced at 7 dollars. The wine was great and the food had the natural and fresh taste that was a direct result of their fresh intentions. Vegetables had there own taste and we're extremely fresh. The dessert sampler we had was portioned perfectly and was a variety of choices. The piano player was very classy and complemented the atmosphere. This is a place to be enjoyed and appreciated, if you try to rush through, you will miss the point. Overall great experience from atmosphere to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Lackluster ServicegoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014I enjoyed my dinner, however, I felt the service was off. We watch while other tables received bread and water and we were just overlooked. When our waiter did come out, he was super nice, but wasn't attentive. Our reservation was at 5pm, but got there early at 4:30pm. We were seated right away. Great happy hour options. We received our food quickly after ordering, but was never check on again. We both had the shrimp and grits, and they had an unusual spin on the dish. Hot, and Tasty that was the best part of our experience. We didn't leave the restaurant till 6:45pm. We were researching the place to see if this would be a good fit for our rehearsal dinner, and although the food was delicious, it just missed the mark.Special Features:
- Great Place, Recomended by HotelmscottDined on 10/21/2014Great food and place for dinner. Came recommended by Embassy Suites and on trip advisor, was a great dinner all the food was perfect. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Ellendale's by Music City SheratonJZLKnoxvilleVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great find near Nashville Airport for a locally well known restaurant with a Tennessean Plantation style homestead. Very good food options and local brews and spirits. Handled our party of ten very well. Wait staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreValricoMikeDined on 10/18/2014After reading reviews and restaurant web site, I had high hopes for a special occasion dinner for our last night in Nashville. The ambience and live music were great. The food was disappointing. My NY Strip was gristly, the baked (microwaved?) potato was cold and hard. My wife's roasted chicken breast was dry and tough. The broccoli on her plate was uncut, basically a quarter of a bunch. Impossible to cut and consume gracefully in a "fine" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntreviewDined on 10/17/2014Returned to Ellendales for a second time even with Nashville's 1600 restaurants. Great bluegrass music at a perfect level for dining. Interesting menu and a helpful staff in picking just the right meal and drinks for the evening. Will probably return with friends on our next trip to Nashville.Special Features:
- WonderfulRichDined on 10/14/2014Great food and service was fantastic. Celebrating an anniversary and this served the occasion well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked it well enough.HungryGirl93Dined on 10/12/2014I liked the live music that played. Food was good aside from the bones found in my dining partners salmon. And while our server was knowledgable and friendly, service was incredibly slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch SundayRegular6Dined on 10/12/2014We are regulars, was not our best visit. We arrived at noon and breakfast bar needed refreshed. No scrambled eggs, no sausage links, biscuits hard and empty. No baked or Fried Chicken on Food bar, too many pork items. No mashed potatoes, no fish itemi.e. Fried or Baked. Salad bar, omelet bar, and desserts were very good. Service great. Overall not your best effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ReunionVeryGoodTimeDined on 10/12/2014We had a great time! Lots of Variety. Our Server was great! The value was awesome!Special Features:
- Wanted to Support Local...Maybe notNashvilleFoodieDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant was a bit of a disappointment from the moment I walked in. I had heard of Ellendales from the local Facebook page and thought I should try it out with my parents for my birthday. The service was bad from the start and we were literally forgotten numerous times. When I could finally flag down my waiter to tell him the meal that was left with my dad was wrong (mashed potatoes instead of baked) he said "Oh the kitchen was out so that what you get." My mother also ordered a second glass of wine with dinner...that arrived as our bill was being signed. He said the bar was very back up and asked "Do you want this?" The only thing that was ok was the food. Nothing overly amazing, but it wasn't bad. Not a very happy birthday for me.Special Features:
- dci1Dined on 10/10/2014Took my husband and kids out it was my husbands bday good food excellent atmosphere.Special Features:
- Another great dining experience.SatisfiedpatronDined on 10/4/2014We have come to expect nothing but perfection from these folks at Ellendales.Special Features:
- Brunch much better than LunchEatOutTooOftenDined on 10/2/2014Tried the lunch buffet. Won't make that mistake again.
- Ellendale's had an off nightJlynnbVIPDined on 10/1/2014Was surprised to find it as run down as it was - it has gone from vintage to in need of a makeover. Service was good, however I ordered a citrus Sangria expecting it to be white wine which it was not and the server never asked about it even though it remained untouched even when she brought the bill. My entrée was served with a raw egg white on top of it - it was quickly replaced. Food was OK, nothing to write a review about. Expected more based on reviews.Special Features:
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This was an unexpected find, near the airport. Great old house and live music in the bar provided a nice ambiance. We dined outside on the porch, where we could see the restaurant garden. Food was simple, fresh and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MISSPJDined on 9/28/2014THE OMELET STATION WAS AWESOME, HOWEVER THERE WAS TOO MUCH SALT IN THE GREENS IN MY OPINION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tnblondeDined on 9/28/2014We had reservations and we waited 10 minutes before we even saw the hostess. And that's only because we flagged down a waiter. The hostess seemed panicked...found out later that she is bussing tables too. The food was okay but seemed to be leftovers from the previous week. Honestly I wasn't impressed and won't be back for brunch. I have been there for supper and it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs an updateSondraDined on 9/23/2014The food was good but the Resturant needs an update. It is worn, tired and has an unpleasant smell. A good cleaning and update would definitely help.Special Features:
- Delightful, great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We met out of town guests for Brunch this past Sunday. The food was fabulous, the price was very reasonable given the food quality and atmosphere ( live piano player), cloth table cloths. It is at a great location near I-40 so easily accessible from all parts of city. My friends commented several times on what a great choice this restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pickdininnashvilleDined on 9/19/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the place and the food. Steak was very good as well as the desserts. We had the small sample platter. My fav was the lavender cheesecake and the carrot cake. Oh yes and the raspberry sorbet with the chocolate brownie very yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat Environment, Needs a Faceliftcoff0312mDined on 9/11/2014Restaurant in an old farm house made for a neat atmosphere, food was good depending on what you ordered (marinara sauce was a little greasy, but grilled chicken and collard greens were delicious), and décor needs an update (old carpeting, sticky tables, etc.). Overall, we had a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week dinner spotMarkVIPDined on 9/9/2014I had the Cajun Pasta and it was spicy! Very good food. On Tuesday nights they had a band playing in the bar/restaurant area. Great for the Nashville experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningCadillacDined on 9/6/2014It has been several years since we have visited. The food was great and the choices were excellent. We had the Cajun Pasta and the Pork Chops. The quality and quantity were just right. Our waiter Anthony made all the right recommendations and presented excellent service. The music was all the right tunes and Delores has a voice to die for. We have already recommended the establishment to several friends. The next outing will be several couples. Great JobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The steak I ordered--sirloin, I think, with two different sauces, wilted greens with mashed potatoes had good flavor, but the consistency of the steak was really chewy and hard to eat. The wine (a house cabernet, was very nice). The sink/faucet in the women's restroom was not draining properly; I would think that it would be kept in better condition. Also a turn-off was the fly that landed on my plate while eating (we were indoors). So, although I love the Victorian Home atmosphere, and find the food fairly good, I was not left with the best impression of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Date Nightfishpolo94Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went to Ellendale's 10 years ago for an office party and loved it. We went back for a date night this week. When the waitress came to ask if we needed a desert menu, we remembered and already knew what each of wanted. I think it says something when a dish or desert from a restaurant sticks with you for 10 years. We had a great time and the reservation through OpenTable was really helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!caligirlDined on 9/2/2014This place was a real gem. Live music in the bar area that wasn't too loud, and just real good food. I had the filet which was heaven, and all my colleagues loved their food selections too. The desserts were amazing! Kudos to the chefs! Will definitely be going back again and again.Special Features:
- Food was good, service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014we went there for my daughters 27th birthday. The service was FANTASTIC. The food was good. When they found out about the birthday they brought out a tray of desserts that were great. My daughter and her husband had the Chicken and Waffles, my wife and steak and I had a Blacked Chicken Ceaser Salad. All were good.
- Lives up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I work at the Hilton Garden Inn down the road and we recommend your restaurant to guests all the time. This was my first time actually eating there myself and I was so excited to discover that it really is as great as others say it is! I made a reservation for a group online, asking for a quiet corner because of my hard-of-hearing grandparents and we were seated in the perfect section! Thanks for taking such good care of us!Special Features:
- Beth37015Dined on 8/16/2014The waitress was very attentive. My lunch guest was celebrating a birthday, and she helped to make it memorable. The food was delicious, fresh and with just the right amount of spices.Special Features:
- FabulousMaxODined on 8/15/2014Hadn't been to Ellendale's in almost 10 years, was way better than I remember. Our server was very attentive and friendly, and when I ordered the shrimp and grits, he mentioned it was his favorite. So glad to have a place that isn't a chain restaurant, and the variety of dishes was just what I wanted, pretty much gourmet fare. The atmosphere was very conducive for a cozy, romantic dinner, and upon further inspection, the large room with the bar was great if you wanted to see and be seen, with a bit of music from a guy with a guitar. Overall, one of the best experiences I've had at any restaurant in the Nashville area in many years!Special Features: