2739 Old Elm Hill Pk
Nashville, TN 37214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellendales.com/
- Phone: 6158840171x3
- Hours of Operation:
Express Lunch Buffet: Tues_Sat: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Julie Buhler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have an extensive catering menu. We also can make meals based on your occasion. Please follow the link to our catering menu!
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of ten and over please contact the restaurant by phone at 884-0171 ext 3. For parties 15 and over, a private room or party for later date, please call our planner Staci at 615-414-1310.
- Private Party Contact: Staci 6154141310
- Entertainment: Live music every night.
- Special Events: Farmers Market Dinner family style Friday nights at 7:30 on our patio.
A word from Ellendale's Restaurant
Ellendale's is a family owned and operated restaurant serving Contemporary American Cuisine. We offer a express lunch buffet tues- sat 11-3. We also have the best Sunday Brunch in Nashville 10-3! Happy hour daily 3-6! Our menu offers creative, hand crafted dishes featuring fresh produce harvested from our own garden, presented with Southern Charm in our own Historic Farmhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Ellendale's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Ellendale's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (31)great for brunch (26)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)Show More
- Neat Environment, Needs a FaceliftOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Restaurant in an old farm house made for a neat atmosphere, food was good depending on what you ordered (marinara sauce was a little greasy, but grilled chicken and collard greens were delicious), and décor needs an update (old carpeting, sticky tables, etc.). Overall, we had a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week dinner spotMarkVIPDined on 9/9/2014I had the Cajun Pasta and it was spicy! Very good food. On Tuesday nights they had a band playing in the bar/restaurant area. Great for the Nashville experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningCadillacDined on 9/6/2014It has been several years since we have visited. The food was great and the choices were excellent. We had the Cajun Pasta and the Pork Chops. The quality and quantity were just right. Our waiter Anthony made all the right recommendations and presented excellent service. The music was all the right tunes and Delores has a voice to die for. We have already recommended the establishment to several friends. The next outing will be several couples. Great JobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The steak I ordered--sirloin, I think, with two different sauces, wilted greens with mashed potatoes had good flavor, but the consistency of the steak was really chewy and hard to eat. The wine (a house cabernet, was very nice). The sink/faucet in the women's restroom was not draining properly; I would think that it would be kept in better condition. Also a turn-off was the fly that landed on my plate while eating (we were indoors). So, although I love the Victorian Home atmosphere, and find the food fairly good, I was not left with the best impression of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Date Nightfishpolo94Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went to Ellendale's 10 years ago for an office party and loved it. We went back for a date night this week. When the waitress came to ask if we needed a desert menu, we remembered and already knew what each of wanted. I think it says something when a dish or desert from a restaurant sticks with you for 10 years. We had a great time and the reservation through OpenTable was really helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014This place was a real gem. Live music in the bar area that wasn't too loud, and just real good food. I had the filet which was heaven, and all my colleagues loved their food selections too. The desserts were amazing! Kudos to the chefs! Will definitely be going back again and again.Special Features:
- Food was good, service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014we went there for my daughters 27th birthday. The service was FANTASTIC. The food was good. When they found out about the birthday they brought out a tray of desserts that were great. My daughter and her husband had the Chicken and Waffles, my wife and steak and I had a Blacked Chicken Ceaser Salad. All were good.
- Lives up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I work at the Hilton Garden Inn down the road and we recommend your restaurant to guests all the time. This was my first time actually eating there myself and I was so excited to discover that it really is as great as others say it is! I made a reservation for a group online, asking for a quiet corner because of my hard-of-hearing grandparents and we were seated in the perfect section! Thanks for taking such good care of us!Special Features:
- Beth37015Dined on 8/16/2014The waitress was very attentive. My lunch guest was celebrating a birthday, and she helped to make it memorable. The food was delicious, fresh and with just the right amount of spices.Special Features:
- FabulousMaxODined on 8/15/2014Hadn't been to Ellendale's in almost 10 years, was way better than I remember. Our server was very attentive and friendly, and when I ordered the shrimp and grits, he mentioned it was his favorite. So glad to have a place that isn't a chain restaurant, and the variety of dishes was just what I wanted, pretty much gourmet fare. The atmosphere was very conducive for a cozy, romantic dinner, and upon further inspection, the large room with the bar was great if you wanted to see and be seen, with a bit of music from a guy with a guitar. Overall, one of the best experiences I've had at any restaurant in the Nashville area in many years!Special Features:
- So SloooooowwarriorDined on 8/11/2014Very slow service. Out of several menu staples. Seemed totally unready to run a restaurant. Some of the food was good, some not so much. Very confused kitchen and staff took almost 3 hours to get us simple appetizers and entrees. Won't go back. $400 for 9 people who were not enjoying the evening.
- Great food and serviceMama2katzDined on 8/1/2014Friendly greeting at the door by the hostess. It wasn't very busy, & they didn't pile everyone into the same room. My daughter & I had a room all to ourselves. Our waiter was very attentive and gracious. My grilled chicken, sweet potato, & greens were tasty & there was a huge stalk of broccoli which was done perfectly. My daughter was amazed with the amount of grilled chicken which came on her pasta as an add-on. Dessert was delicious and the portions were surprisingly large. My daughter had cheesecake.... 2 slices where most restaurants would've had 1. I had home-made orange sherbet which was wonderfully orange & a huge scoop... much larger than you would usually get. Can hardly wait to return to Nashville to visit Ellendale's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food from their gardenFoodieDined on 7/29/2014They have their own garden where they pull their fruit and vegetables from which is definitely nice. However, I have found the food to be average the two times I have been and also overpriced.Special Features:
- romantic dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The food was fantastic. I had an out of town guest with me and he enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not eat here!!LuvcoronadoDined on 7/25/2014My sister, daughter, and I were on a girl's getaway. We saw the mixed reviews for Ellendale's and thought we would give it a chance, looked like a cute place. Upon walking in, the first thing I noticed was the disgusting carpet which looked like it hadn't been changed in 40 years. Should have walked out at that point, but thought I was just being picky. We were seated immediately, hostess was very pleasant. The place was pretty much empty at 6 on a Saturday night with the exception of what looked like a rehearsal dinner. The waiter was nice enough, but clothing was covered in crusty food!! Another sign to leave. Food was lackluster, stale pita chips with hummus, which was only highlight. Do not eat here!!!
- A great findlindersguyDined on 7/24/2014An excellent recommendation from our hotel front desk. We visit Nashville yearly and will most certainly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food from scratch!BrownEyedGirlDined on 7/20/2014The location is not an area I usually go, but we were feeling adventurous. The outside is nice, you can see the garden where they grow their own herbs and some vegetables. Inside however is underwhelming and in need of some work. I was impressed by the house-made items on the menu. Our table had eggplant parm which was beautifully presented and tasted lovely. The filet mignon was cooked to our specifications and the mashed potatoes almost stole the show! The cheesecake with caramel sauce was also worth the calories and the portion was enough for 4 girls! Overall, I would return for the food, but maybe at night when the live music is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The service and cleanliness of the restaurant varies as I've dined at Ellendale's on several occasions and its been excellent to downright dirty and slow. There doesn't seem to be any consistency so I preface all recommendations.Special Features:
- A Great FindJohnJayDined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent as was the service, after dinner we went back to the bar area where we enjoyed the live music and piano. I recommend the Hippy Dippy apertizer, also the pasta carbonara with shrimp was to kill for...Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceHappyDinerDined on 7/18/2014The food is always great! We've eaten here several times and have not been disappointed. Our server was very attentive and helpful with suggestions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilltop GemFoodsleuthDined on 7/18/2014We eat at Ellendales ever time we fly out of Nashville. It is very close to the airport hotels, situated in a charming old house. Great musical entertainment too. Eclectic menu including traditional as well as some unusual items like deep fried rabbit. Great vegetarian entrees too. Large selection of appetizers. We prefer the atmosphere and the music in the bar. But if you want an intimate experience, choose one if the small dining rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014I was in the area for a conference and this restaurant was suggested by several of the hotel staff. The food was excellent, sevice superb, and the live music was especially a treat. Sit in the bar area for live music or in one of the other dining areas for an interesting take on this interesting dining establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014The food was very good with lots of choices. The service was outstanding. I will definitely do this again.Special Features:
- The food was very good, but...KygalDined on 7/12/2014-Food was good, BUT had a reservation for 7:30--no table available when we got there. In the dining room, we were seated right in front of the vocal group singing. Would have been much better for our party of six to be seated away from them so we could enjoy them while conversing. The food was very good but took forever to get to us. We were the last ones to leave and we didn't loiter after dinner.
- must tryNashvillefoodieDined on 7/6/2014The brunch they offer is very good, featuring things such as salad bar, omelet bar, and even waffles ( my favorite!) Delicious mimosas and you can get 3 for $10. Our server Allen was so great! Great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend's recommendationMdxtravellerDined on 6/29/2014A close family friend recommended we try Ellendale's on our next trip to Nashville. It was worth the visit, the food and service were outstanding. We will definitely visit again the next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchej420Dined on 6/29/2014Overall great Sunday Brunch with nice selection. Omelets were great but biscuits were less than desirable and they do not offer any jelly or jams :(
- Close but no starsBrentwoodfarm2tableDined on 6/22/2014The tables were rickety and slanted, carpet old and moist feeling, the food was dry and overcooked, and the desserts were awful. Why do that to food. The restaurant needs to hire a new chef, get a menu refresh, educate its staff on service rules, and refurbish the interior and decor. Telling everyone I know to stay away.
- strangeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014A year ago (2013) we ate at Ellendale's in Nashville, TN and had an enjoyable dinner. So, we booked through Open Table a reservation for June 21, 2014. Well, when we checked into our motel, the manager mentioned he had had pretty unfavorable reviews from folks he had sent there for dinner. We immediately placed a call to Ellendale's to check on our reservation. After placing three calls to the number, we received no answer, just a recording. Our reservation was for 4:30 and we continued to call to try to talk with someone. No one ever answered. I would appreciate hearing from you if the restaurant has closed, and if so, why were we still able to place our reservation through Open Table? Thank you, Bob and Darleen Carter
- Great food and musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Ellendale's is a great upscale neighborhood restaurant. Every time we've been there the food has been excellent, the ambience of dining in an old home is great or you can choose the main dining area with live music. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a dining spot on the east side of Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HiShoedogDined on 6/20/2014Food was great and service right on! Steak let rise wraps were fantastic and the Sirloin was cooked perfectly. Would visit again when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knows?RobbDined on 6/18/2014I had a 7:15 reservation and arrived 5 minutes early. Waited at the hostess stand for 10 minutes and no hostess to seat me. In that 10 minute period, 2 servers acknowledged me, but I still could not get seated, so I left.
- Great for Special OccasionsJJTennesseeVIPDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant is great for special occasions dinings. The staff was friendly and the owner was greeting and seating guests to their tables. Service was excellent. Even though their chef had an "off night" (cooking my medium-rare ribeye steak as well-done and burnt), the service and friendliness of the staff saved the evening from a disastrous experience. I will certainly come back and give this neighborhood gem another chance. By the way, you have to try this restaurant's homemade desserts. The homemade ice cream and varieties of cake were excellent. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24th Anniversary Celebration!Wilson7Dined on 6/16/2014We have been going to Ellendale's for quite some time. We love to celebrate our anniversary there, and were surprised to be treated this year by our friends. Such a great meal, and a we even slow danced with live music...nice. Great staff and so relaxing. We will continue to visit as frequently as possible.Special Features:
- Best Brunch EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing Father's Day Brunch. Almost too much food. The atmosphere is nice and the server was attentive. We had reservations and were seated before our scheduled time. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I brought a group of eight clients here and we enjoyed the food and the music. The wait staff needed some polish, but you can tell they meant well.Special Features:
- UnfortunateNashvilleDinerDined on 6/10/2014The expectations were very high for this place. We had a 4 PM reservation to ensure that we were between lunch and dinner rushes. We were, in fact, the only couple seated in the room. Still, the waitress was nowhere to be seen for much of the afternoon. The Romeo and Juliet (signature steak entree) was overcooked and tough. The meat had not been marinated or seasoned so it was bland. The amaretto chicken however was tender, juicy, and flavorful (I suggest trying this). The wilted greens presumably wilted from the excessive amount of jalapeno mixed in which made then too spicy to compliment anything on the plate. Summary: Food: fair, Service: Poor, Price: reasonable, ambiance: fair.
- Worst meal I have ever had!sorrymealDined on 6/9/2014First, I had to get our waiter back 3 times, just to have the minimum amount of dressing, to go on mine and my wife's salads. Both dressings were not good, and we couldn't finish them. (ranch and vinaigrette) Then came the entrée. I had a 6 oz. fillet, that had no flavor, what so ever. The miniature asparagus could not be cut with my steak knife. It had no flavor as well. This is the first meal that I can think of, that I could not finish. On top of that, I was charged full price, with no regard to my bad experience. The waiter did apologize, and told me that there was no chef, and the food had been prepared by "chef's in training". I will never be back.
- Special OccasionsfamilyforfoodDined on 6/8/2014Your establishment was very classy and had great food.The family touch is appreciated from the past owner of a family business. We often come for very special occasions and always leave happy. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to reviewsgood2goDined on 6/7/2014I was anticipating a good dining experience in a lovely setting but was very disappointed. My party had to wait for 5 minutes for someone to greet and seat us even though there were only a handful of diners there and the our server at the table, although very friendly, took longer to get to us. I could understand if it were busy but there is no excuse when the only service at Saturday lunch was a buffet. The 'Buffet only' was not made clear either when we were seated. The food was hot and fairly tasty but not worth putting up with slow service and a dingy interior to eat at Ellendales. The best part of the meal was the desserts. Will not be backSpecial Features: