465 N. Arkansas Ave
Fayetteville, AR 72701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ellasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4795821400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Saturday and Sunday 7:00am -11:00am; Lunch:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch:
Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Indian
- Executive Chef: William Lyle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ella's Restaurant
Enjoy fine dining with a pinch of history at Ella’s Restaurant in the Historic Inn at Carnall Hall on the University of Arkansas campus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ella's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fayetteville ›
Ella's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ella'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great food and nice staff. Food took a long time to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantMontyDined on 9/14/2014Ella's is a favorite restaurant to visit. The food is always of superb quality, and it is always cooked perfectly. Highly recommend this establishment for anyone who enjoys a relaxed, fine-dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!NWAfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Once again, Ella's was spectacular. Their summer, seasonal menu brought a good mix of fresh, local ingredients to some of their staple dishes, such as the rib eye and filet. The staff was very attentive but not overly burdensome. Our courses were staggered at appropriate intervals, allowing plenty of time to enjoy each course without feeling rushed or as if the kitchen had forgotten your order. Not to mention, the location within Carnall Hall makes it a great place to enjoy a meal. On the whole, Ella's remains one of Northwest Arkansas' best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysLovetoeatoutDined on 9/7/2014Ella's is always at the top of our list when dining out! We love it, food, staff, comfort, all of it. We look forward to many years of wonderful dining at Ella's.Special Features:
- Don't waist your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Friendly people but teribble food. Don't waist your money!
- Amazing All-Around!StephenHDined on 8/13/2014Everything was fantastic, from the moment we arrived and our table was ready for us, to the time we left with a sensation of complete satisfaction. We just went for an early lunch to celebrate our one year anniversary. We were completely taken care of during our time at Ella's, no water glasses were left empty, no whims were not catered to. All of the staff were so friendly, and the food was quite possibly the most delicious meal I have had the pleasure of savoring here in Fayetteville, AR. We had the crab cakes (amazing), the tilapia po boy with gumbo, saki brined pork loin in Asian plum sauce and finished with a glass of Moscato and the Oblivion Tort. I would completely recommend this restaurant and any of the dishes I mentioned A+++! :DSpecial Features:
- WonderfulnixblueDined on 7/17/2014I surprised my husband on our 10th anniversary by taking him to dinner at Ella's. It was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Our waiter was great and the food was delicious. The shrimp & grits appetizer was yummy, the salads were amazingly reshape & our steaks were seasoned & cooked to perfection. Thanks to everyone at Ella's for making our special night even more special.Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Great service, great food. Great atmosphere. Bartender went out of his way to assist us. Everyone was wonderful. Placed us in quiet corner with good view for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and excellent foodPaddyDined on 6/20/2014I took my granddaughter to Ella's for a special lunch together. The restaurant was a little quiet for a Friday afternoon but still the service and food were excellent. Timing of our appetizers and meal was perfect.Special Features:
- HoustonDinerDined on 6/18/2014Only 3 occupied tables, but unbelievably slow.......took at least an hour to get our breakfast......this caused us to be late to get to airport for a flight.....even when we told them we HAD to leave, they still would not bring check......claimed the printer was not working.....finally told us they would comp the meal, but when I got home and looked online at my credit card statement, they charged us the full price even though they knew how poor the service was and how unhappy we were.....great tasting food, but will NOT recommend to anyone due to unbelievably bad service.Special Features:
- homegrownArkieDined on 6/15/2014Reserved table was ready & waiting for us when we arrived. Brunch was yummy & waiter kept my coffee mug filled! Atmosphere was wonderful & relaxing.Special Features:
- Very Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The food was good but I hardly noticed because after waiting for 1.5hrs for my food, I was starving. I am sure anything would have tasted good after that wait. I do not think I will ever return to this restaurant. I did not even get to have dessert because they were closing by the time I finished my dinner even though my reservation was a 7:30pm and they close at 10pm. The food is not worth the wait.
- OutstandingStubb8c5Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I met another couple for dinner at 7 PM. Food and service were excellent. Slow paced and enjoyable. They placed us by a window which was very nice. Could feel the history of the 1905 building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicedinerguy123Dined on 6/14/2014The waitstaff went above and beyond to make it a special occasion and they succeeded!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ella's = QualitytxvictoriaDined on 6/12/2014My third visit to Ella's was on a Thursday night. Due to a popular offsite event it was pleasantly quiet and the menu was limited. The food and service was, as usual, exceptional. The shrimp and grits appetizer is a great Southern treat. Ella's is expensive, but well worth the cost, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedSaintJames2Dined on 6/9/2014Food was great and service was superb! I definitely find everything good. Will plan on going again and invite friends.Special Features:
- GreatGibb188Dined on 6/7/2014Steak, potatoe, veg. All very good. Wine list very good. Peach bread pudding was an excelent ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Ella's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food, but very slow.jrs77Dined on 5/19/2014We went to Ella's on a Monday night to celebrate our anniversary. The food was excellent, but it took a very long time for it to be served. We had and 8:00 reservation. We did not get our entrees until after 9:00. I had the ribeye and my wife had the chicken and risotto entree. Both entrees were very good. But by the time we finished our dinner, they wouldn't even offer us a dessert menu, as they probably wanted to close up. Again, this was a Monday night and there were 2 or 3 other tables of people, so it was not busy.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great atmosphereJudyinAnnArborDined on 5/12/2014We went to Ellas expecting a good meal in classy surroundings, and we weren't disappointed. The layout of the menu could use a re-design, but the list itself was well thought out - items that (except for the sea bass) are typical of the region, prepared in ways that are imaginative without going over the top. Portions were good, and we appreciated the kitchen splitting our salads and entrees for us. Preparation was impeccable -- Chef Mike is doing a great job. The ambiance was perfect - quiet and comfortable, refined but not pompous. All in all, an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere; excellent foodSofioFayDined on 5/9/2014I had lunch with a companion this week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ella's is a calm, quiet beautiful place. Excellent food, well presented, with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!Reviewer17Dined on 5/4/2014Had a great brunch with my daughter, a student, for her birthday. Eggs lightly poached as requested. Good value. Nothing close in the area. Wow not A chain! Go hogs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ella's at Carnall HallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014I took out-of-town guests to Ella's for brunch/lunch, and everyone at the table raved about the food. The Mimosas were perfect, and my Eggs Benedict were delicious and cooked to perfection. The prices were reasonable, and the wait staff was attentive without being a nuisance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerReviewer2014Dined on 5/2/2014The food was just OK; the service was too slow. We were seated at 7:45 and the dinner was served at 8:55pm. Our server was very nice, though. The live music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyCoz2Dined on 4/25/2014Ella's is a cozy place to relax and enjoy a nice meal with the one you love. The only downside was the service. Waiter was very nice, but not very knowledgeable about the menu and it took way too long to get our food. But even with that we will probably go again. We will just make sure we plan extra time, an d hopefully our waiter will not be new and be a little more knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The entire staff, cuisine and ambiance turned our evening out for dinner into a special night, other dining establishments in the area should take notes on how it's supposed to be done. Ella's is a 'must' for us anytime we return to the Fayetteville area, many thanks to your entire staff.Special Features:
- AnonymousNocrowdDined on 4/23/2014We prefer that few people find out about Ella's. Might get too crowded & we'd have to wait for a table or reservation. Food is always superb. Atmosphere calm, quiet, unhurried, casually dignified. Attentive, well dressed and helpful waiters. Thank God for no loud music. A treasure for the U of AR, we think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!backinfayettevilleDined on 4/6/2014I love this place. The food is good -- could be a little better but the dining room is so lovely.Special Features:
- Great first visitSoonerjoelDined on 4/5/2014Very good food, although it took some time to get appetizer. The server was very nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best !!!RalphDined on 3/29/2014Rita was an international flight attendant for 15 years....dined in most countries. Never has she experienced the quality food and service found at Ellas. Our server had outstanding knowledge of food and wine. We dine at Ellas on all our anniversies, and most holidays. There is NO better place in eat known to man !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPhpfVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food and service are the forte. The ambiance could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!JeannieDined on 3/18/2014The setting and artwork were lovely, but the food in this former women's dorm on campus was truly outstanding.Special Features:
- Good FoodDjLjDined on 3/14/2014The Duck Confit Crepes with Sweden Creek Shiitakes plate was fantastic! However, all the food was great; Ella’s House Salad with Slow Roasted Tomato; Cranberry Raisin and Chiffonade Basil Bourbon Cream Sauce Pasta; Warm Frangelico Infused Chocolate Cake. Thank you for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!FoodieDined on 3/13/2014Ella's is my favorite restaurant in northwest Arkansas! The ambience is perfect! If you're in a hurry, it's not the place to go. But if you want to linger, savor the food and conversation in a quiet atmosphere, this is the place for you. The food is always delicious, the service is impeccable, and the staff is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Pricing Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Ella's! At less than $10 a piece we were treated to an elegant Sunday brunch in a place full of U of A history. Thankful to those who took on the task of preserving and renovating Carnell Hall where Ella's is housed on the U of A campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fine DiningEdlovesellasDined on 2/20/2014My wife and selected Ella's to celebrate our 43rd anniversary. We were hoping to find a quality restaurant. Ella's not only met our expectations but exceeded them. From our waiter Ben, who was totally professional, to our total meal, it was a wonderful experience. Ben took his time to explain the menu and offered his opinions on certain dishes. Our food was delicious and was served with plenty of time to enjoy each course, we were never rushed. Thank you to Ben , the Chef and the entire staff at Ella's in making this anniversay special. Eddie SSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was amazedCarbon03siDined on 2/12/2014decided to get online and look at a couple fine dining restaurants in my area to surprise my wife with an early Valentines Day mealand discovered Ella's restaurant we gave it a try and needless to say it was absolutely amazing we will definitely be going back and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic environment for anPilotStewyDined on 2/10/2014Romantic environment for an anniversary or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday Celebration!JGH1Dined on 1/23/2014Ella's is always excellent and is our choice for special occasions or just a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Fayetteville AR!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/1/2014We went for New Year's Day dinner and it was fantastic. Granted we were the only people in the restaurant so noise level being quiet is based off not being able to hear the kitchen or other staff members. We had a table close to a window but they all seem spaced enough such that if the place was at capacity, you could still enjoy a meal without hearing other people's conversations. Large comfortable chairs and I found a new favorite wine. We had the Ribeye and the duck, both were perfect. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, great food in aRichDined on 12/21/2013Creative, great food in a quiet dignified atmosphere. Great place for conversation and to conduct business or catch-up with old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.