Ella's Fine Food and Drink
2 Tower St
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ella's Fine Food and Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellasfinefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 401-315-0606x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, French American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef/Owner Jeanie Roland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering on and off site, please inquire.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cooking Classes, Holiday Events as well We offer Catering On/Off site
A word from Ella's Fine Food and Drink
ELLA'S FINE FOOD AND DRINK is a French-New American Casual Fine Dining establishment with an emphasis on serving delicious house made food that you want to eat right now! We feature Local, Fresh and Seasonal Produce, Fish and Humanely Raised Meats. Our Approach is simple...let the very best product speak for itself. ELLA'S team of hospitality professionals looks forward to your visit, so join us in one of our many venues suited for dining excellence. Enjoy Life......Eat Good Food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ella's Fine Food and Drink - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
Ella's Fine Food and Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (38)notable wine list (29)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The best of Westerly!dhohman99VIPDined on 9/20/2014Ella's is an amazing restaurant that you must try! I guarantee that once you do, you will definitely go back. Chef Jeanie is gifted! The epitome of farm to table; all produce, dairy and seafood are sourced locally, and the meat is certified natural and organic. The flavors are truly creative and amazing combinations, from Asian-fusion to classic French, will delight your palette. There is always something new to surprise you, but your "favorites" are still there to comfort as well. The ambiance is elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming. The service staff well trained; knowledgeable, pleasant & professional. They are there when needed, without hovering. Mike is amazing! The cocktails are great, see what Ryan has in store, you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating Well at Ella'sRozeeDined on 9/14/2014Dining at Ella's is always a treat. The regular menu and the seasonal specials tempt even the fussiest eaters. I like to try something different each time I visit and have never been disappointed. This time I had the pan seared scallops with fried capers which was delicious. Portions are enough and satisfying without being more than needed. We even had room for a shared dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. It was a nice touch when Jeanie, the Chef-Owner, stopped by to ask how everything was. The restaurant has a good craft beer menu as well. The only downside was that our waiter forgot to return the remainder of our appetizer to take home as we had asked (but we also forgot, so we'll share the blame). Other than that, he did a very good job.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner with a friendLoridineDined on 9/12/2014We each had a scallop dish and both were exquisit The service was wonderful. The only thing I would have liked was a crusty or more flavorful bread with an olive oil flavor dip The desserts were as delectable as the entrees. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and HealthyNana8Dined on 9/11/2014Three out of four of us loved Ella's. My husband, who is a picky, meat and potatoes guy was not happy there. The menu features organic and whole foods; my sister who is vegan had a roasted cauliflower dish she loved. I like the salads. The house chopped is delectable. Desserts are nice with specials of in-season fruits.Special Features:
- Spectacular!Josef3Dined on 9/7/2014This is as good as it gets in RI. The inventive cuisine, perfectly prepared and beautifully presented by attentive, knowledgeable servers is our favorite spot for a special meal.Special Features:
- Lucky in LoveRickDined on 9/7/2014Went to Ell'as for our first time to celebrate our 34th Wedding anniversary. Outstanding everything: Service,Food, Presentation and Ambiance. Chef is creative and the dinner was one our best ever ( we have traveled all over the world). Not cheap, but good quality is hard to put a price on. Found it on-line while looking for a place to eat for our annual Anniversary dinner. We were lucky to find this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the RegionlaurabDined on 9/7/2014Doesn't get any better. The food is so spectacular, but the service..the best bar none.Special Features:
- Rare exceptional dining experienceShaneCalDined on 9/6/2014A sound marriage of the expected and inventive, a simple menu (good thing), truly amazing food, sincere and attentive service-even better than the meal. Oddly surprised to find ourselves one of 2 tables under 40, possibly under 70...although we did eat earlier in the evening. Overall-incredible, without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise!Miljars1Dined on 9/6/2014Great dinner with a unique menu marrying French and Asian cuisines. Great restaurant for celebrating a special occasion or romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Rhode IslandDennisDined on 9/4/2014Fresh, innovative, locally sourced, extremely well balanced flavors, breads and desserts made in house, nationally renown chef. A restaurant that could compete well in New York City is right here in Westerly RI.Special Features:
- Great place for that special dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Good food and services. Had great wine and beer list, including local micro-brews. Food was just fabulous. Service staff was very attentive, even with the special requests...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!JohnOskiDined on 8/30/2014We drove past Ella's, which used to be a local, casual Italian restaurant, and decided to give it a try - we were very glad we did! The combination of a great menu and great service (and a very talented chef who made a personal appearance at our table) made for a truly enjoyable dining experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you love good foodOlddrumsDined on 8/29/2014Creative. Quaility ingredients. A distinct culinary style. Adds up to a very good restaurant. The meal was delicious! Young energetic waiter was excellent. And the bonus -- when asked where we should eat tomorrow night (we were on long weekend getaway) he clearly understood our food sensibilty because he sent us to Mystic Oyster Club, which we also loved.Special Features:
- RogerDined on 8/28/2014I really enjoyed our special meal. This is the second year that we have had our anniversary dinner at Ella's and I look forward to next year. Please note that I tried to write a private note. Please send me your email and I will send you the note. Even putting a single letter in the private note box exceeds the limit.Special Features:
- Must eat here!KimberlyDined on 8/27/2014From start to finish we enjoyed ourselves. The food and chef are phenomenal. The service is excellent, friendly and attentive. Definitely worth going to. We will be back, that's for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnersammstarDined on 8/24/2014My husband took me to Ella's for my birthday on Sunday. As always, the food was amazing. We always love the food at Ella's. My two gripes with Ella's are: the wine list is outrageous. The cheapest glass of chardonnay is $10. This is Westerly, come on. And, I do not eat seafood, so I always have the chicken dish (which I love). I would love if they would add another non-seafood item to the regular menu. One more thing: I think it's great that they bring a complimentary small appetizer and small dessert. But, it would be great if they would change up those items. All that being said, I still love this restaurant and consider the only truly gourmet dining option in the area.Special Features:
- WonderfuldancebookjeffDined on 8/24/2014We wanted great ambiance, great food, & service for my birthday dinner - check on all three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so muchbuffysxcDined on 8/24/2014If you can't say something nice... The salad was good. The dessert was good. The service was good. The cost was ridiculous. That is all I can say.Special Features:
- great eveningfoodiesDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our evening from start to finish. The food was fantastic as was the wait staff. I would highly recommend Ella's as a great date night or couples evening out.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience were fantastic. The staff were a lot of fun and gave great service. I came from Providence and would definitely take the trip down to Westerly again for dinner at Ella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 8/22/2014As always the food at Ella's is wonderful. But our server, Mike, left a lot to be desired. He was solicitous, condescending and somewhat disrespectful. He brought our tea but never the cups... After he took our order, he didn't return to our table until it was dessert and check time. If and when we return, we will definitely ask for another server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the detourLovetohikeVIPDined on 8/22/2014We were going to a Yanni concert at Foxwoods and wanted some good food before taking the shuttle from the Hilton Garden Inn, so we drove to Westerly. We started with Two French Connection martinis - orange vodka, St. Germaine and grapefruit juice and Lilly blanc - a great way to start an evening. My wife had the Calamari and the pate- delicious and well presented. I had the capellini and the beet salad which complimented each other. The capellini could have used some formaggio. Service is attentive. Wet his was our second visit.Special Features:
- Good Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Ella's was very relaxing and romantic. The service staff was great, a bit overwhelming at times with different people coming to wipe off the table frequently but overall very good. The food was delicious. The only items that were not enjoyed were the Tuna Tartar Tacos. They were very starchy almost in texture and difficult to eat. Not a fresh feeling tartar. Also, the oysters came pre sauce with a cocktail sauce sorbet. The sorbet was not very good and most like to too their oysters to their liking. Other than that, everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at Ella'sSullyDined on 8/17/2014Wow! My husband and I had an outstanding time dining at Ella's. The service was great-thanks Dave! The lamb and gnocchi appetizer was light and tasty. Our salads were equally well done. I had the mozzarella and prosciutto-which was to die for-the mozzarella was that good and my husband had the Ella's Mix which he raved about. For our main courses we had the the rigatoni and the sword fish. Neither meal disappointed. They were delicious fresh and part of the best meal I have had in a long time. For dessert we had the Just Chocolate cake. The perfect way to end a very fine meal. We strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Westerly.Special Features:
- Dinner @ Ella'svacationdinningDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Ella's on a brief vacation to Westerly RI. Made reservations based upon Yelp, and TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Dined in-doors ... unfortunately they were not seating outdoors this evening. Tried a Wine Special which turned out surprisingly good once it breathed and opened up. The special appetizer of corn and scollops was outstanding. The service was good ... but pacing very European. Looks like the tables had 1 turn for the evening. The main courses, one a daily special the other standard on the menu arrived with great presentation, fresh, perfectly prepared ingredients. The chief visited each table; very nice. This place can hold its own with restaurants in Prov and Boston.Special Features:
- Good, butRobMDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I went to Ella's for a date night. It is probably the best restaurant in the Westerly area and has a great menu. We enjoyed most of our dishes - e.g., the Lamb gnocci and foie gras. However, the tuna tacos had too much sauce and would've been better with soft tortillas than the fresh fried ones Ella's used. The "Summer Vegan" dish had fresh ingredients and promise, but it was drowning in so much olive oil, the dish ended up with interesting texture and an aftertaste that was literally all oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misplaced jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014The food and drink at Ella's are superb! My pre-dinner cocktail was unusual and delicious. Our shared appetizer of mussels was good, although not spectacular. My partner pronounced the halibut the best she'd ever had. My pasta with shrimp was perfectly cooked, seasoned, and presented. Flavor combinations were unusual. The dining room was elegant, although austere to the point of being minimalist. The service was, compared to the food, adequate but nothing more than ordinary. The location was unfortunate: a very plain street corner away from the attractive center of Westerly. I will eagerly return, if only for the spectacular food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014Chef Jeannie once again produced a fabulous dinner! The six of us loved her fresh ingredients, combination of items, and incredible tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ultimate Indulgence in Fine DiningRedfoxDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I celebrated my birthday at Ella's and it did not disappoint. We were greeted by a professional waiter who explained the evening's specials and answered any questions. We were most impressed with the variety of menu selections. My wife ordered a scallops special and I ordered the lobster broth which were enhanced greatly by an exquisite wine recommended by our server. The meal was topped off with delicious dessert offerings. The evening was an extraordinary dining experience!! We will be back.Special Features:
- AblebakerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent meal. Service was a bit slow. Restaurant was very busy. 30 minutes before drinks were served.Special Features:
- WOW.fabfoodjunkieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Outstanding in every way. Incredibly creative menu. Everything was delicious. We loved our meal and the whole dining experience so much, we cancelled another reservation so we could go AGAIN only 2 nights later. Staff was so friendly and accommodating of our every wish. Can't recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTonymDined on 7/26/2014It was our first time there for dinner and it was a great experience the food was great and the service was perfect , they care about there clients and we met the chef genie , I would recommend it to everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Fantastic food and service. We can't wait to return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago JimChicago2Dined on 7/26/2014By far the best restaurant we've been to outside of New York City. Elegant, creative cuisine. Never had a failure from the kitchen--always the freshest ingredients. Friendly, excellent service from a well trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it you will enjoy fine diningArtguyVIPDined on 7/25/2014This Is a Westerly, Rhode Island gem restaurant. Outstanding food, superb service. Presentation artfully done. Bravo to the owner and chef for this lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, Original KitchenBuckstopDined on 7/24/2014Ella's is run by a couple who are destined to be cuisine leaders. Chef Jeanie presents the best menus, and the best execution in our corner of CT and RI. Between the Four Seasons in Manhattan and Ellas's in Westerly, there's no place we would rather go for our birthdays. OTOH, my wife's small town garden club has their annual dinner at Ella's, too.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Being a REGULAR to Ellas, I have to say that I am a regular for a reason. Terrific quality food and service goes a LONG way. Ellas is a diamond.Special Features:
- OutstandingSusanDined on 7/23/2014Food and staff are always outstanding. We look forward to returning to Ella's whenever we are in the area on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Number 1BoSoxDined on 7/23/2014Ella's continues to have the best food and service in the Westerly area. We have never experienced an 'off night' at Ella's.Special Features: