Ella's Fine Food and Drink
2 Tower St
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ella's Fine Food and Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellasfinefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 401-315-0606x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, French American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef/Owner Jeanie Roland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering on and off site, please inquire.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cooking Classes, Holiday Events as well We offer Catering On/Off site
A word from Ella's Fine Food and Drink
ELLA'S FINE FOOD AND DRINK is a French-New American Casual Fine Dining establishment with an emphasis on serving delicious house made food that you want to eat right now! We feature Local, Fresh and Seasonal Produce, Fish and Humanely Raised Meats. Our Approach is simple...let the very best product speak for itself. ELLA'S team of hospitality professionals looks forward to your visit, so join us in one of our many venues suited for dining excellence. Enjoy Life......Eat Good Food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ella's Fine Food and Drink - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
Ella's Fine Food and Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (29)notable wine list (25)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Dinner @ Ella'svacationdinningDined on 8/14/2014Dined at Ella's on a brief vacation to Westerly RI. Made reservations based upon Yelp, and TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Dined in-doors ... unfortunately they were not seating outdoors this evening. Tried a Wine Special which turned out surprisingly good once it breathed and opened up. The special appetizer of corn and scollops was outstanding. The service was good ... but pacing very European. Looks like the tables had 1 turn for the evening. The main courses, one a daily special the other standard on the menu arrived with great presentation, fresh, perfectly prepared ingredients. The chief visited each table; very nice. This place can hold its own with restaurants in Prov and Boston.Special Features:
- Good, butRobMDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I went to Ella's for a date night. It is probably the best restaurant in the Westerly area and has a great menu. We enjoyed most of our dishes - e.g., the Lamb gnocci and foie gras. However, the tuna tacos had too much sauce and would've been better with soft tortillas than the fresh fried ones Ella's used. The "Summer Vegan" dish had fresh ingredients and promise, but it was drowning in so much olive oil, the dish ended up with interesting texture and an aftertaste that was literally all oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misplaced jewelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014The food and drink at Ella's are superb! My pre-dinner cocktail was unusual and delicious. Our shared appetizer of mussels was good, although not spectacular. My partner pronounced the halibut the best she'd ever had. My pasta with shrimp was perfectly cooked, seasoned, and presented. Flavor combinations were unusual. The dining room was elegant, although austere to the point of being minimalist. The service was, compared to the food, adequate but nothing more than ordinary. The location was unfortunate: a very plain street corner away from the attractive center of Westerly. I will eagerly return, if only for the spectacular food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014Chef Jeannie once again produced a fabulous dinner! The six of us loved her fresh ingredients, combination of items, and incredible tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AblebakerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent meal. Service was a bit slow. Restaurant was very busy. 30 minutes before drinks were served.Special Features:
- WOW.fabfoodjunkieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Outstanding in every way. Incredibly creative menu. Everything was delicious. We loved our meal and the whole dining experience so much, we cancelled another reservation so we could go AGAIN only 2 nights later. Staff was so friendly and accommodating of our every wish. Can't recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTonymDined on 7/26/2014It was our first time there for dinner and it was a great experience the food was great and the service was perfect , they care about there clients and we met the chef genie , I would recommend it to everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Fantastic food and service. We can't wait to return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago JimChicago2Dined on 7/26/2014By far the best restaurant we've been to outside of New York City. Elegant, creative cuisine. Never had a failure from the kitchen--always the freshest ingredients. Friendly, excellent service from a well trained staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it you will enjoy fine diningArtguyVIPDined on 7/25/2014This Is a Westerly, Rhode Island gem restaurant. Outstanding food, superb service. Presentation artfully done. Bravo to the owner and chef for this lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, Original KitchenBuckstopDined on 7/24/2014Ella's is run by a couple who are destined to be cuisine leaders. Chef Jeanie presents the best menus, and the best execution in our corner of CT and RI. Between the Four Seasons in Manhattan and Ellas's in Westerly, there's no place we would rather go for our birthdays. OTOH, my wife's small town garden club has their annual dinner at Ella's, too.Special Features:
- OutstandingSusanDined on 7/23/2014Food and staff are always outstanding. We look forward to returning to Ella's whenever we are in the area on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Number 1BoSoxDined on 7/23/2014Ella's continues to have the best food and service in the Westerly area. We have never experienced an 'off night' at Ella's.Special Features:
- Unique menuDannyboyDined on 7/20/2014We were drawn by the diversified and interesting menu. The one hour drive to the restaurant was well worth the trip. We look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in south County2todineVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went to Ella's after several good recommendations from friends. what a wonderful surprise to finally get a restaurant in South County of this caliber! The food and presentation is top notch. the menu is varied with selections to suit many palates. my husband had the lamb chops and said they were some of the best he has ever had. I had the lobster pho which is a lobster dish with an Asian flair, very nice. we were both so stuffed we didn't want desert but after looking at the menu decided we had to try at least one so we forced ourselves to eat the blueberry and rhubarb type cobbler served warm. glad we did! we will definitely be returning to Ella's. there are just too many good things left to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WallyburgerDined on 7/16/2014Food was outstanding, well prepared and service was excellent and knowledgeable. It has become our favorite restaurants in South County, RISpecial Features:
- A slice of Cali in RhodyvineNdineVIPDined on 7/11/2014Have eaten at Ella's many times. (most recently last week) Knowledgable waitstaff, innovative locally sourced menu, superb kitchen and solid wine list. Consistently excellent. This is close, if not equal to a Yountville CA dining experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodGemofafindDined on 7/11/2014Ella's Restaurant turned out to be a real gem! The food was superb - so many great choices. The wait staff is unbelievable and the owner chef was available to answer questions and chat with. Need to go back just to try some of the other dishes! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- HanaDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful dining experience and the staff was very professional.Special Features:
- Hooray4foodDined on 7/3/2014Overall a lovely evening and excellent food. Dining room is tastefully done and nicely quiet if a bit dark. Love the squash blossoms, and the pork belly tacos and lobster mac and cheese were wonderful as always. Lamp chops and pork entres superb. Stonington scallops with small crab cakes very nice but sauce was considerably more sweet than savory. Bartender definitely knew his or her way around a Manhattan. Nice wine list. Great that they accept reservations....somewhat unusual in this area.Special Features:
- Not What It Used to BetsktskVIPDined on 7/2/2014We've been coming here for the past 4 years and when we first came we were thrilled with the menu the service - everything about it made the ride totally worthwhile. However, our meal the other day was not that special. Not to say that it wasn't good, but good was pretty much all it was. The asparagus was overcooked and limp and the portions were just not as prettily plated and the seemed to have gotten smaller expect for the steak special which was overly large. In any event, we'd still recommend it to people who have never been, but we won't be going back for a long time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Brian is an excellent waiter. He made our dinner extra special. We also enjoyed chatting with the chef about the cheese. Nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary Delicious DinnerBedfordBethDined on 6/27/2014Excellent, inventive, fresh and delicious food, beautifully presented. Tempera fluke, squash blossoms, crabby scallops were all perfection. Gingerbread & Dulce de Leche ice cream sandwich was divine. Respectful & attentive service w/o hovering, offering info about sourcing of ingredients. Although it was Friday PM, we were not rushed. Best meal in months of dining in NYC and Westchester. Reserve a booth. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!D76WDined on 6/26/2014This was our second trip to Ella's and once again we were not disappointed. The food was delicious, the wait staff was very attentive, and the atmosphere was very welcoming! The scallop dinners and the tuna taco apps were exceptional. Everything was wonderful and made for a pleasant evening. We will definitely recommend Ella's to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMariatiniVIPDined on 6/25/2014Oh, to be a fly on that woman's kitchen wall! Love the food here and I want to copy it in my own kitchen! Lobster Pho was great, especially the rich broth. Oysters (appetizer) were topped with a sorbet version of the traditional cocktail sauce and wasabi infused roe - icy cold deliciousness. My husband had the half rack of lamb and he loved it. Our server was great. Chef Jeanie made the rounds and we enjoyed our chat with her. She is warm and personable, which doesn't quite match this restaurant's quiet, rather formal atmosphere. We may try eating at the bar next time. While we like that people dress for dinner here, the formality of the dining room takes away from the enthusiasm and joy of dining on this wonderful food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCasterDined on 6/21/2014From the moment one enters the restaurant until the time of departure, the ambiance, food and service are outstanding. Ella's is always an excellent choice for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch cuisinebbassoonDined on 6/15/2014Innovative and tasty, Ella's is the place to go for a special night out. The only criticism was that the rabbit trilogy was surprisingly a small amount of food even though it was a trilogy. My son was still hungry (a ravenous 22 year old). But my husband's salmon was a good portion and he said it was cooked perfect. The prices are high, but in line with all the pricey places around my own town (Mystic).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and drink!CarmenDined on 6/14/2014We read about Ella's in the providence journal and decided to try it out. The food was very good! The flavor combinations worked very well. They had a very nice wine list and dessert menu! The chef came put to ask us how our meal was, which was very nice! It's a little pricey, but appropriately priced for a special occasion. I highly recommend this restaurant! We look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!BoSoxDined on 6/8/2014Dinner, wait staff and food were all 5 stars. Wonderful evening out. It's hard to find a place with great food and you are able to actually talk and not have to yell. Very nice time at Ella's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaystravelwithcousinsDined on 6/7/2014Our dining experience at Ella's was outstanding, again! We've been a regular since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Food Good, But Service Very SlowPatientSrDined on 6/7/2014We were greeted nicely on arrival, drinks came promptly, and we placed our orders. Salads arrived, crisp and fresh. But then the wait began. After about an hour, one of the staff asked us how everything was, and we told her we had been waiting about an hour for our entrees. She hustled off to the kitchen, and quickly returned apologizing and saying they would be out in a few minutes. The waiter did deliver them in a few minutes, saying my wife's fish had taken longer to cook than anticipated. It was served hot and was very tasty. My dish was warm, like it had sat around a bit. But it did taste very good. We were given free desserts.
- Surprise Find, Fine Dining!!!BigMacDined on 6/7/2014Went there for first time as pre-show dinner at the Granite Theater. Food was outstanding! All courses demonstrated attention to detail. Will definitely return, hopefully soon.Special Features:
- iluvnewengDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated our 38th anniversary in style on Saturday. Ella's is charming! The food is amazing: creative offerings, beautifully presented, perfect portion sizes, and oh so delicious! Wait staff is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly without being over the top. A truly unique dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for an anniversary dinnerCatmnDined on 5/31/2014The reason for only 4 stars was the odd seating placement with the patrons that night. We had a great table by the window but for some reason the hostess seated almost all the guest between 7 and 9 PM at the very front of the restaurant. This crowding was not necessary as there were enough open tables to better distribute the diners and not create a hectic, loud environment for us as well as cause the wait staff to be constantly and not on purpose in each others way. That said we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, terrific serviceJohnDined on 5/25/2014We had dinner for three on the Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend. We used OpenTable to book the reservation. We were greeted upon arrival and promptly seated. Our waiter was attentive without being pushy and had good recommendations for the specials. The variety of choices was interesting and each of us chose something different in order to share the flavors. The food was correctly cooked and arrived piping hot. A minor issue was the fries I had had a bit too much truffle flavor for my taste, but that's a judgement call...others might really like it. From appetizes thru dessert, everything was delightful. Highly recommended. Not the cheapest place, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Yet again - another great mealCookieSnapperVIPDined on 5/24/20146th time - 6th great meal. Never disappoints - food is great / service is adequate (they try their best but are locals who are rough around the edges) Chef is a star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not romanicnotromanticDined on 5/24/2014Food was great server ok but it was my gf birthday and wasn't to romantic would not come with my gf but with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKimmyDined on 5/24/2014Food was absolutely outstsnding. Love the Thai flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodieDined on 5/18/2014Every dish was great. The waiter was wonderful. Worth making a trip to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As delicious as described.FOODIEDined on 5/17/2014Everything was done well and professionally. For such a small, dimly lit spot I expected a quieter room. The chatter was loud, there was an absence of music.Special Features: