Ella's Fine Food and Drink
2 Tower St
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ella's Fine Food and Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ellasfinefoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: (401) 315-0606
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, French American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef/Owner Jeanie Roland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering on and off site, please inquire.
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Cooking Classes, Holiday Events as well We offer Catering On/Off site
A word from Ella's Fine Food and Drink
ELLA'S FINE FOOD AND DRINK is a French-New American Casual Fine Dining establishment with an emphasis on serving delicious house made food that you want to eat right now! We feature Local, Fresh and Seasonal Produce, Fish and Humanely Raised Meats. Our Approach is simple...let the very best product speak for itself. ELLA'S team of hospitality professionals looks forward to your visit, so join us in one of our many venues suited for dining excellence. Enjoy Life......Eat Good Food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ella's Fine Food and Drink - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
Ella's Fine Food and Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (32)notable wine list (19)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- As delicious as described.FOODIEDined on 5/17/2014Everything was done well and professionally. For such a small, dimly lit spot I expected a quieter room. The chatter was loud, there was an absence of music.Special Features:
- First time winnerbuglerDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I and another couple had dinner at Ella's for the first time Saturday night and had a very enjoyable experience. Our table was ready, even though we were a little early, for our reservation. The waitress and her helpers were all cheerful, knowledgeable and efficient. The menu was interesting with a number of items I had not previously seen on other menus. All the food - appetizers, entrees and desserts- we had was delicious and everyone was both pleased with their meal and impressed with the quality of the cuisine. The cooking was imaginative and the portions just right. We shall return!Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicetransientDined on 5/17/2014Wonderfully prepared food from an excellent menu selection. Price is a bit steep but worth it. Service was surprisingly slow and unskilled, given the price of the experience. This is a very classy restaurant, well worth a drive from some distance.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodCTcoupleDined on 5/17/2014We are from Connecticut and visit Ella's every time we are in RI. The chef's complimentary food taste before the meal is always creative and delicious. The service is always great. Best of all, any dish you order will be excellent. A favorite of ours is the truffle lobster Mac and cheese! Love Ella's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I went for my birthday and enjoyed a splendid meal. The service was outstanding and the staff was very knowledgable about the food, its origin and preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in WesterlyEarlybirdDined on 5/14/2014Did the 2 courses for $20 per person. Had PEI mussels for first course. They melted in your mouth and cream sauce mussels were cooked in was yummy with Ella's bread dunked in it. Next I had the buttermilk chicken. That was served over cheesy grits with wilted greens. Good combo, very southern tasting dish. My husband had the pork chop, which was cooked perfectly. It came with mashed potatoes and watercress salad. The dressing on the watercress was very tasty, We enjoyed a chocolate cake for dessert, which we shared. That was rich and moist, with a cheesecake layer too. We thought the wines by the glass were pricey. My husband had a locally brewed beer which he liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service and good foodStoningtonctDined on 5/11/2014I brought my parents to Ella's for Mother's Day brunch. All three of our meals were delicious. Menu is a bit fancy, so not great for simple eaters, but perfect if you want to try fresh, new combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingjeffaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food quality is exceptional, exemplary service, always with fair pricing. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Culinary TreatRoseDined on 5/9/2014We always enjoy the food; from the amuse bouche, appetizers, entrees and desserts. it is truly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ella'a in WesterlyBruceDined on 5/3/2014We had a great meal. We've coming here since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Ella's is indeed fine dining with a welcoming, eager staff. Jeanie,chef/owner knows how to prepare and present delicious, incredible food. Treat yourself to an unforgettable dining experience. Great food, service, romantic yet friendly. The bar is friendly, the drinks amazing and they also have a bar menu that is as incredible as the main menu. Make a reservation for the dining room but just walk into the bar. Go--you will be pleased. Promise.Special Features:
- Easter dinnerRIdinerVIPDined on 4/20/2014Attentive, friendly service - crabby scallops were a highlight, spouse completely enjoyed strip steak and carrot cake dessert. Will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencesissalsorDined on 4/20/2014Enjoyable Easter for me and my folks. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingtravelwithcousinsDined on 4/19/2014We've been patrons of Ella's since it opened in 2012 and have never been disappointed. The food is exciting, service superb, and the noise level low enough for intimate conversation. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as UsualAnonymousVIPDined on 4/19/2014We wanted to dine out the night before we'd be having our own Easter feast. As usual, the food at Ella's was top-notch! I usually have fish, but this time I decided on something different that I'd never had before at Ella's: the pork chop. Tender, cooked perfectly, over a sweet kind of crumbled corn bread. It was almost too much to finish. Also, don't miss the sweet and spicy calamari appetizer!Special Features:
- Elegant dining in southern RIRInewbyDined on 4/19/2014Four of us traveled from Providence, which in RI terms is half way across the country, to see what the buzz is about. We were not disappointed. The menu choices and specials took what we all know and love, e.g., calamari or chicken or even pho, and raised them to a new level. The dishes, both in concept and execution, were interesting and delicious...as evidenced by all of us being members of the "clean plate club." While we liked everything we had, the dishes we remember the next day were the lamb and gnocchi, the calamari, and the lobster pho. And, of course, the desserts. We had two, the everything chocolate and the ''donuts" both of which were excellent, but the entire list was inviting. The service was unobtrusive yet attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!LarkDined on 4/13/2014A fine Sunday would be a matinee at the Granite Theater after a leisurely Brunch at ELLA'S then post play returning for a drink and appetizer before heading home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeSlowVIPDined on 4/4/2014Chef Jeanie never disappoints! Amazing food, amazing service, what's not to love?! My favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix FixeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed our first meal at Ella's this past weekend and loved it! The $20 price fix options were terrific and the food was delicious! Great little mini appetizers came out early and we enjoyed pork chops and salmon entrees and the creme brûlée was outstanding! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Ny style in westerlyKennyDined on 4/4/2014Quality food, terrific service and style. A great fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BoSoxDined on 4/4/2014We had a wonderful evening for a special occasion. All five of us loved our meals. From Appetizers to dessert food and service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Remarkable RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2014We've dined at Ella's dozens of times, and amazingly, the food, the service, and the feeling of the place have only gotten more remarkable. I've enjoyed their fixed price specials with a variety of friends several times this week--a starter and a main for $20, impossible to beat in a five star restaurant--finding plenty of great choices in both categories. Favorite starters--the pate, the preposterously tasty, Asian- inflected calamari; favorite mains--the pasta with Jeannie's home made sausage, Momma's Chicken; favorite cocktail--the Old Fashioned made with Rittenhouse Rye; favorite red wine--The Crusher Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysNSMikeDined on 3/28/2014The food was perfect and the suggested wine pairings were spot on. Among the many choices to eat in town, Ella's stands above the rest. The creativity of the chef's diverse menu makes me want to go back and always try something new. But, there highlight of every visit is the staff. The service is impeccable, but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!WilRDined on 3/23/2014One of the 5 best restaurants I have ever eaten in around the world. Fine dinning with out loosing it's hometown appeal. Prices very reasonable. If Ella's was in a major city prices would be three times what they are in Westerly. The bar menu is as good a the main dinning room just smaller portions. Food is awesome waitstaff extremely well trained. Go you will not be disappointed and if you are you might want to question yourself. LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FindJeanDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed the menu which included many items we had never encountered. The service was great and energetic. We went in the winter but it looked like it had an outdoor dining area for summer months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, better serviceEmg7855VIPDined on 3/22/2014The outside of the restaurant is very unassuming, so much so that my husband was very skeptical. He was won over with the foie gras, best he has ever had. The lobster and the halibut were superb. The only slight disappointment was the crime brûlée. It needed something tart like berries to cut the sweetness. The owner stopped by our table and was genuine in her request for our opinion. Our waiter was a gem, very attentive but not overbearing. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Rhode Island.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Calamari were delicious with unique preparation using peanuts. Scallops with crab were excellent. My filet with lobster Mac & cheese was ok, but not worth the $44 price tag. Server was friendly and attentive. Overall a very good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rare superior restaurantJimBDined on 2/22/2014my wife and I dine out frequently, and find restaurants of this caliber very rarely. everything was exquisite, from the service, to each excellent course through dessert. It is almost incomprehensible that it is found in Westerly, as any New York or Boston diner would brag about it as among the best in their cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Gem!travelwithcousinsDined on 2/21/2014We've been going to Ella's since it opened in 2012 and find it to be one of the finest restaurants in southern New England. The menu changes seasonally, and the chef produces outstanding combinations. The service is attentive but not intrusive. And it's nice to find a restaurant where you can hold a conversation in a normal voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food And servicePastaDined on 2/20/2014Excellent food And service pear and parsnip soup was amazing and it was nice of the owner chef to explain the preparation to usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Valentine's dinnerDiscerningDinerDined on 2/14/2014Creative cuisine, excellent in every respect. Pate, tuna tacos, crabby scallops were outstanding. "Just Chocolate" was perhaps the most outrageously rich dessert we've ever tasted. The two of us split it, took half home, and still are sampling it several days later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the prices they charge,SunnyDined on 2/14/2014At the prices they charge, food and service should be exceptional. My mussels were not prepared fresh .... They tasted reheated and were tough. Our salmon was dry without the sauce, black rice was extremely dry and tasteless, bokchoy was two microscopic, wilted pieces. Although the restaurant was buzzing with help, we had to request our waitor twice. The only thing we enjoyed was our bottle of wine and the Ella salad.
- Food was overshadowed by waitstafftreesarecoolDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's night we gave Ella's a shot at the recommendation of family. The menu featured a lot of seafood, with French inspiration. Unfortunately, our server was so timid and uncomfortable, our meal actually became laughable. Her lack of presence and professionalism actually took away from our dining experience. She was delayed in her attention and trailed off at the end of her sentences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation Concern - Who's Fault?BrianDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation 2 weeks ago for Valentines Day. We love Ella's food, unfortunately during our last dining experience in the lounge the service was not what it used to be. We waited a while for drinks, had to ask for bread, and almost had to beg for a second round of drinks. Knowing this, I made a reservation for Valentines Day. Much to our chagrin, we got seated in the lounge with the same waitress we had last time. While we still had to wait longer than average for our drinks and had to ask for bread, the server's responsiveness has improved. I'm not sure if our seating in the lounge is a result of making the reservation through Open Table but it was disappointing to go out for a special evening and get seated in the lounge.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely delicious!leeloDined on 2/14/2014The food was absolutely delicious! Service was impeccable. Definitely a place to come back to.Special Features:
- BRAVOjeffaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Finally, a restaurant that gets it. Quality of food & service-exceptional! Get it right like they do and I will pay the price.Special Features:
- EpicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food and staff were amazing. Took great care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014Our server, Yugo, was pleasant, knowledgeable; friendly, but not in that intrusive way.The kitchen was flexible, honoring our request to sustitute polenta/grits for the mashed potatos with the flatiron steak special. Although the dining room was almost at capcity, we did not have to raise our voices to speak. A very pleasant dinner atmosphere with truly inventive and well preared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceSueStoutDined on 2/1/2014Ella's Fine Food was in fact just that and more! Everything was delicious...and the service was OUTSTANDING thanks to Brenda! We will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Very good foodszlatsDined on 1/17/2014RI has a number of very good restaurants; Ella's is among the top five that I've been to. It was rated as $$ on Open Table, I think it should be more like $$$ and close to $$$$ but the meal was worth it. We had one appetizer, one desert, two entrees and one drink for a bill of $103.00. The service was excellent without being overbearing. The food was excellent and the portions were adequate provided that you get both appetizers and dessert. This is was my first visit here and it is definitely a restaurant that we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.