Ella Dining Room and Bar
1131 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ella Dining Room and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elladiningroomandbar.com/
- Phone: 9164433772x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:30 - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
We are also open weekday mid-days with a limited menu & bar service. Our Happy Hour is Mon-Fri from 3-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ravin Patel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Zagat rated, Ella is Sacramento's most-lauded dining destination, with award-winning design and service, and clean, seasonal farm-to-table cuisine. Ella is perfect for all events, offering small and large party spaces, private dining, Chef's Tables and Cocktail Party space. See our OT reviews!
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Desmond 9164433772x
- Entertainment: Dine with us before the show and you can leave your car with our valet. This is a great way to avoid the long waits in the crowded parking garages at the theater.
- Special Events: Ella specializes in Private and Banquet Dining for parties large and small. With a variety of dining options and spaces - from an audio visual equipped Private Room, to large semi-private spaces, a cocktail lounge, Chef Tables, a patio, and whole restaurant buyouts - we can meet your Private and Large Party specifications and exceed all your expectations with the best, freshest food and and most genuine service in Sacramento.
Ella also puts on many Special Events throughout the year, from Winemaker Dinners to specialty Cocktail Tastings, and special Chefs Menus for holidays like Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and more. Make your next holiday or happening special at Ella.
- Cross Street: 12th Street
- Public Transit: Cathedral Square Lite Rail stop 100 yards. Bus stops one block in either direction from K Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is easy at Ella. We offer convenient valet parking just steps away from our front door. There is also ample street parking at night, and four public parking garages with in two blocks of Ella.
Ella validates for city garages for cars parked after 5:00PM.
Ella is located just one block from both the Sheraton and Hyatt Hotels. Leave your car at your hotel and you are just a few steps from Ella.
A word from Ella Dining Room and Bar
Located in America's Farm to Fork Capital. In the heart of Downtown, the family behind The Kitchen and Selland's Market Café brings you the region’s most relaxed and elegant destination, Ella Dining Room and Bar. Ella offers warm, welcoming ambiance in an inspiring space that evokes effortless European rustic luxury. The environment is modern yet timeless, dramatic yet comforting. Ella brings together the finest quality ingredients from this bountiful region to create authentic and honest fine food that nourishes body and soul. Chef and Owner Randall Selland and family invite you to savor the joys of friends, family, and great food and wine. Service is gracious and refined. Ella has signature handcrafted cocktails, an eclectic and impressive wine list, and a fresh seafood bar. WE specialize in Private Parties. Perfect for business lunches, celebration dinners, and everyday enjoyment. Walking distance from Convention Center, Capitol, theaters, and hotels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ella Dining Room and Bar - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ella Dining Room and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (197)fit for foodies (193)notable wine list (125)romantic (117)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (80)hot spot (70)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (48)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (14)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- A favoriteMelsmilesDined on 10/18/2014Love this place! Only "complaint" is the $25 corkage fee... Especially when you bring 3 bottles!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cow and Cab!TerrylDined on 10/17/2014The grilled beef tongue was truely remarkable, as was the braised oxtail over grits! The baby octopus and bean starter should not be missed. The service and dish timing was great. One of the must try's when you're in Sacramento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Always consistent in all areas, from selection to delivery. Delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualRedSoxFanDined on 10/15/2014Just 2 words: Brussel Sprouts. No matter what you order, get a side of these.Special Features:
- Excellent dishes! Romantic evening.ZupastarDined on 10/11/2014All of our dishes and drinks were excellent! Service was also great! I would recommend the bone marrow! This place is excellent for romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food. Elegant ambience.tennistudDined on 10/11/2014If you are a foodie, this is your place. Outstanding steak tartare. Stunningly succulent pork chop in wild rice. Topped by Taylor bourbon. Five star by any standard.Special Features:
- Absolutely ExcellentGreeneyesDined on 10/11/2014I've never had a bad meal here. I have been many times before, usually with colleagues when we're in time for business. This time I decided to take my husband for our anniversary. The braised beef tongue on special was great, and so were the scallops; my husband had the beet salad (excellent) and the oxtail - wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect evening with friendsdbs444413Dined on 10/11/2014From the spectacular cocktails to the delicious food, this was the perfect place to spend a long evening with special people!Special Features:
- Our "Go-to" Place for OccasionsbirthdayboyDined on 10/11/2014This has been our birthday celebration restaurant since I moved to this area. Everything is just perfect at Ella and we love our visits. When we want to impress guests and show them high culture in Sacramento this is where we go.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening But.MafratDined on 10/11/2014We love Ella. Always great service and feel so special when we dine the Ella Experience! My husband ordered the scallops he said were fabulous but not nearly enough food on his plate to satisfy him. Our group of 4 ordered two appetizers and 4 desserts. He still left hungry. I thought a few veggies or something else on his plate would have been much appreciated. He won't order those again or will eat before going to Ella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on this nightWallyDined on 10/11/2014Dinner was very average and expensive to boot. Had the $50 plus ribeye dry aged special that was quite tough and the piece was thin. Expected a special piece for that price. Good wine list and variety by the glass. My partner had the pork chop which was also very tough. The service was slow. Food fell far below expectations given the price.Special Features:
- ElegantMariaRDined on 10/10/2014Very elegant location. Great service and enjoyably paced meal. We didn't feel rushed at all, and just enjoyed each other's company.Special Features:
- Try the bone marrow..!Soares1207Dined on 10/8/2014If nothing else, go to Ella for a glass of wine and the bone marrow appetizer. It is absolutely delicious..! The food is very good and they have a great wine list. Good place to dine with a group or just dinner for two.Special Features:
- Over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/7/2014We eat out a lot in Napa and San Francisco; $90 for a porterhouse (30oz. for 2) with 2 small sides of cauliflower? Our bill was $300 with tip for 2... Good, just not a good value.Special Features:
- Exquisite experienceRcinsaccaDined on 10/7/2014Upon arriving early for our reservation we were greeted and seat by prompt friendly hosts. Our table was at a perfect window spot. Service/wait staff pleasantly attentive. Our shared salad and entrees appeared timely, colorfully, and delectable; we savored each bite as the salmon was buttery and pork chop tender, juicy, and tasty complimented with a delicious wild rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously fun!dessertlover1Dined on 10/3/2014Some friends took me out to Ella for my bachelorette night out last week. Good was amazing, ambience stunning, wait staff wonderful. Don't skip dessert at Ella...scrumptious and well presented food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best friend's 60th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014The entire meal was spectacular. The only gripe I have is that at the end of that glorious meal I ordered coffee which was delicious but almost cold.Special Features:
- edieDined on 9/29/2014We were there to celebrate my son's birthday. As usual, were had been looking forward to the bone marrow for days. It did not disappoint! The three varieties of oysters were succulent and tasty in very different ways, especially with the mignonette. Both the pork chops and the scallops were cooked to perfection. The chop was extremely juicy and savory, but my husband would have preferred a polenta over the wild rice. The new lamb entree, however, was not as tasty as the pork chops and scallops. Our server, Brent, was very knowledgeable about the menu and wines. The sommelier even offered us a private tour of the wine cellar which we had to decline due to time constraints....maybe next time. There will definitely be a next time!Special Features:
- Our new special occasion Go-TohappilymarriedDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 17th anniversary, and loved everything about our evening at Ella Dining Room! We ordered Oysters on the half shell as appetizers, the smoked trout as well as the beet salads, and enjoyed their popular fried chicken and scallops entree. We finished with Tres Leches and Pear Crostata for dessert. EVERYTHING was delicious, perfectly presented and prepared. We appreciated the staff's special touch of wishing us a happy anniversary several times throughout the meal--not only our server, but also the manager/host, and another server. Thoughtful touches made for a memorable dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLorenDined on 9/27/2014We went for a Farm to Fork fixed price dinner with wine parings, and we ordered cocktails from the special drink menu. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, and she responded right away when I asked her to slow down the meal courses because we weren't in a hurry. Everything was perfectly prepared and arrived at exactly the proper time. Definitely a fine dining evening - cocktails, meal, wine parings, service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!DateNightDivaDined on 9/26/2014Have always been a Selland's fan. Finally ate at Ella...What a gem! Food was fantastic and fresh. Service was attentive and friendly. Ambiance was just right (not too noisy and not too quiet). Had the Farm to Fork dinner...the salmon was the best I have ever eaten! I just enjoyed the whole experience. This has become my new favorite restaurant in Sacramento!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!!Fit4FoodDined on 9/26/2014Came here for a romantic anniversary dinner and could not have had a better experience. Was during Farm to Table and did the prix fixe with the wine pairing and it was delicious. Portion sizes were perfect and everything complemented very well. I wish I could remember our waiters name because he was amazing. Overall a fantastic experience that made a special night even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ella Maintains QualityRRLCCDined on 9/25/2014After a hiatus in dining at Ella, we were very pleased that their food and service remain excellent. It is definitely one of the best restaurants in the Greater Sacramento area. Also, the valet parking was only $5 and very convenient. We will return soon....Special Features:
- Ella'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014It was a great experience. The waitress that we had was very nice and patient. The food was good, as always. I was jealous at how perfectly the salmon was cooked. The top was delicate and super crispy while the inside was cooked just right. The pear tart was wonderful and the vanilla bean pavlova melted in your mouth. We were not rushed at any point, which is a rare experience, sadly enough. The only slight problem was that they kept asking is if me and my friend were celebrating something. Gave the following responses: Not celebrating anything. Celebrating a Wednesday. Celebrating eating out. Celebrating friendship. Celebrating because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to other Sellands family placesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014I was very disappointed in Ella's versus the other Sellands Family restaurants. I feel that you are paying for location and decor over Quality/Quantity of food. Everything was good but I was not wowed and for the price there are better restaurants in Sacramento. I would recommend them for happy hour or drinks as the libations were the best part of our night. The oysters were also very good and fresh with good accompaniments. If you truly want a greta dining experience go to the Kitchen or take your money and go to Sellands Market in east sac. The food there is excellent and for what you'll spend at Ella's you can have a feast and a bottle of two of wine.
- Amazing. Just amazing.IamMiaDined on 9/24/2014We went for the prix fixe menu, and were not disappointed. The food was fantastic! Perfect portion sizes, complex dishes, delicious tastes. It is also worth noting that our server was simply phenomenal as well. Never over bearing, always there when we needed him. The other staff (backwait?) were silent but perfectly timed, taking away used dishes, bring clean cutlery and the like. I cannot stress how impressed we were with every part of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerPindaDined on 9/23/2014Participated in the Farm to Fork dinner at Ella's and had a wonderful meal. Very attentive waitstaff. We had the suggested wine pairing with our dinner, which I don't normally do, but the suggestions were spot on.Special Features:
- alice waters would approveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014farm to fork fabulous, the tomato salad with the devine lemon vinaigrette was to die for,my scallops were absolutely perfectas was the corn salsa they were resting on ,all in all a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- great experienceenjoyfood2014Dined on 9/20/2014The service at Ella was exceptional. We had to wait awhile to be seated even though we had reservations; however, we surprisingly accommodated with complimentary starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalhartjourneysDined on 9/20/2014I love Ella but can't afford to go too often. During Farm-to-Fork week they had an exceptional prix fixe menu - 3 courses for $45. The flavors in each course were unique and tasty. They accommodated my gluten-free needs easily. Even though the noise level is moderate, the accoustics are so great it was easy for my 80 year old mother to hear the conversation. The service with Wilson was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't complainSromeroVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food and service was good, but it was way too loud. You couldn't really carry on a conversation across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sept 19thJeroenGerreseDined on 9/19/2014another great experience with solid food quality and presentation and service! My only suggestion is once one arrives at 6.40 for a 6.45 reservation and there are enough open tables why direct us to the bar ......sometimes if a party is not complete I understand however for a reservation for 2x we prefer to have a cocktail at the table (bar was standing room only)...the hostess insisted we go to the bar! strange.....so I told her if we must go to the bar we go elsewhere so she directed us to our table....and not once said anything more...even the fond farewell was lacking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experienceKarlalgDined on 9/19/2014Awesome service but my food was salty. ..best tres leches dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little tarnish on the gleamThaurosDined on 9/19/2014This was maybe our 10th time at Ella, and, though I'll admit, based on past experience there, I have elevated the bar very high, this visit was a little disappointing. The food (everyone in our party had the farm to fork special) was quite good--though not inspirational, as I'd hoped. The sevice was just a little off the mark. Three requests to get the somelier over; water, coffee, bread not replenished without asking. It was very crowded, but my experience has been when exceptional restaurants are crowded, that's when they really shine. Not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday dinnerJust4funDined on 9/19/2014Have previously had a number if memorable experiences at Ella, and this did not disappoint! Beautiful space; exceptional, but quirky/personal service, every item ordered was very well presented and delicious, plus paired with pre-chosen wines which we both enjoyed very much and agreed that were well matched with our food (even though different). Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!MreevesDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful food and service! The bar is so good, with all of the creative drinks. Always good menu. Scallops are the best, though over salted. The soups are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee HartzogDeedeeDined on 9/18/2014One of the best restaurants in the world. The food was outstanding and, unlike most restaurants, the wait staff checked in with us repeatedly during the evening.Special Features:
- Great Farm To ForkWineauxVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Farm To Fork menu was outstanding! Tasty amd prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Some issuesPeenchoDined on 9/15/2014Hello, we enjoyed our lovely birthday dinner at your restaurant however had some issues that I want to mention the female sommelier did a WONDERFUL job picking a reasonably priced wine for us it was excellent I really take issue with the time this entire meal took. We came in around 6:20 and weren't finished until 9:30...yes we had a lot of courses, but the time in between each one took way too long. I wouldn't have cared much but tables of the same size as ours were seated around us AFTER us, and had departed way before us. This is NOT the first time or I would not be writing this Also my daughter had your special pasta of the night and the portion size was too small. She is not a big eater had it finished in minutes with hardly any pastaSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014This was a very special birthday celebration for a very special friend who happens to be a foodie and lover of good wine. Your food ,vine and service was over the top. We all enjoyed our evening and would come back again. Thank you for making this all happen.Special Features: