Ella Dining Room and Bar
1131 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ella Dining Room and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.elladiningroomandbar.com/
- Phone: (916) 443-3772
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:30 - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:30pm - 10:00pm
We are also open weekday mid-days with a limited menu & bar service. Our Happy Hour is Mon-Fri from 3-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ravin Patel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Zagat rated, Ella is Sacramento's most-lauded dining destination, with award-winning design and service, and clean, seasonal farm-to-table cuisine. Ella is perfect for all events, offering small and large party spaces, private dining, Chef's Tables and Cocktail Party space. See our OT reviews!
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Desmond 9164433772x
- Entertainment: Dine with us before the show and you can leave your car with our valet. This is a great way to avoid the long waits in the crowded parking garages at the theater.
- Special Events: Ella specializes in Private and Banquet Dining for parties large and small. With a variety of dining options and spaces - from an audio visual equipped Private Room, to large semi-private spaces, a cocktail lounge, Chef Tables, a patio, and whole restaurant buyouts - we can meet your Private and Large Party specifications and exceed all your expectations with the best, freshest food and and most genuine service in Sacramento.
Ella also puts on many Special Events throughout the year, from Winemaker Dinners to specialty Cocktail Tastings, and special Chefs Menus for holidays like Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and more. Make your next holiday or happening special at Ella.
- Cross Street: 12th Street
- Public Transit: Cathedral Square Lite Rail stop 100 yards. Bus stops one block in either direction from K Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Parking is easy at Ella. We offer convenient valet parking just steps away from our front door. There is also ample street parking at night, and four public parking garages with in two blocks of Ella.
Ella validates for city garages for cars parked after 5:00PM.
Ella is located just one block from both the Sheraton and Hyatt Hotels. Leave your car at your hotel and you are just a few steps from Ella.
A word from Ella Dining Room and Bar
Located in America's Farm to Fork Capital. In the heart of Downtown, the family behind The Kitchen and Selland's Market Café brings you the region’s most relaxed and elegant destination, Ella Dining Room and Bar. Ella offers warm, welcoming ambiance in an inspiring space that evokes effortless European rustic luxury. The environment is modern yet timeless, dramatic yet comforting. Ella brings together the finest quality ingredients from this bountiful region to create authentic and honest fine food that nourishes body and soul. Chef and Owner Randall Selland and family invite you to savor the joys of friends, family, and great food and wine. Service is gracious and refined. Ella has signature handcrafted cocktails, an eclectic and impressive wine list, and a fresh seafood bar. WE specialize in Private Parties. Perfect for business lunches, celebration dinners, and everyday enjoyment. Walking distance from Convention Center, Capitol, theaters, and hotels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ella Dining Room and Bar - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Ella Dining Room and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (194)fit for foodies (191)notable wine list (125)romantic (112)good for groups (81)vibrant bar scene (75)hot spot (70)great for lunch (47)neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The food, staff, and atmosphere are always impeccable at Ella's! This 'middle sister' of owner Randall Selland's three Sacramento retaurants always delivers a delicious meal. Whether the patrons are lively or subdued, this is a sophisticated, metropolitan setting, where you can count on feeling better when you leave, than when you enter...unless you've over-indulged!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2014love the place. downgraded service only because the parking valet was nasty and inappropriate. I told the manager who responded appropriately. still to get five stars in every category all must be right on. this said, I would still call this one of the five restaurants all at the top of sacramento food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulSuzyDined on 11/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a delightful dinner at Ella. We were treated like royalty by staff while the experience remained lighthearted and fun. Noise was not an issue.....a rarity for popular Sacramento restaurants, even though the restaurant was packed and vibrant. Oh, and did I mention the food? Superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ella'sMasterChiefBillDined on 11/15/2014A bit different from my last visit. This time we were seated int the more open area close to the bar. It was very noisy and the hsstle and bustle of service staff was a bit distracting. When we entered were a bit early for our 6:30 seating. The bar was full so we sat at one if the tall tables. We waited practically ten minutes before someone offered water but I had to flag down someone to order a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbCochiseVIPDined on 11/13/2014The dining experience was superb. Food is out of this world. Just moved to Sac 2 months ago and hands down this is the best restaurant I have eaten at since being here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheon3Dined on 11/13/2014The waiter was very attentive. We were waiting on additional member of our party and checked in once or twice but in no way was pushy. The food was incredible. Beet salad quite delicious. Hamburger and fries were very good. The non-alchoholic beverages were delicious.Special Features:
- AmazingAnnUDined on 11/11/2014We have dined here numerous times and are never disappointed. I had the wild boar ragout it was amazing!!Special Features:
- A Birthday CelebrationIntegrity36Dined on 11/10/2014We were seated immediately and the waiter was knowledgeable of the menu. The wine list had our favorite wine and the food was outstanding. We tried the Brussels Sprouts as recommended by a previous patron and they lived up to the recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBrianDined on 11/8/2014I took my wife to Ella's for her birthday and it was exactly what we expected. The food was amazing and the restaurant is a very elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, As Alwaystkorch777Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I are big fans of Ella Dining Room and chose to celebrate our anniversary here. Thank you again to the wonderful staff; and the food was fantastic, as always! Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMochajean13Dined on 11/8/2014Special occasion of 60th wedding anniversary for my parents and 80th birthday for my father. We added an extra person last minute on a busy Saturday night. Ella's totally accommodated us and we had the BEST waiter ever! The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Ella's is a very nice place for dinner! Worked great before the play.
- Upscale EllacelpenDined on 11/8/2014It was my first time going to Ella's. Loved this place! The staff was so helpful with recommendations for food and wine. The ambiance is downtown chic. Highly recommend for a night out or a relaxing meal after work.Special Features:
- Bring the AMEXOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Excellent fare and service wine etc. Its Wild Game month and they delivered some unusual and multi layered gastronomic treats. Wild boar cinghiale delicious. It is very expensive and worth a special visit. We were $135pp with a good wine 3 salads 2 entrees 2 appetizers and 2 shared desserts for 3 persons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Boar and pasta!MtmanDined on 11/6/2014Dissapointed that you were out of Boar Raagout and Pasta by 7;30PM. Considering how far we traveled to this world renowned restaurant -Special Features:
- Very enjoyablesatedDined on 11/4/2014This was our second visit...it won't be our last. We all (four of us) had very, very good food and the service was superb. Professional, friendly and non-intrusive. Especially liked being able to talk with each other and not have the noise level make hearing one another difficult. The menu is diverse and interesting but not overwhelming. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor mgmt. ruins Ella dinner.aggiemackDined on 11/1/2014Initial experience was prophetic: having driven 30+ miles for a special dinner, we were made to stand and wait for ten minutes because we had arrived 8 minutes early for our 6 pm reservation. Place only 25% occupied, 6 or 7 tables for two set up but empty in just the front room. We were advised that Ella preferred to seat and serve everyone in a given time slot at the same time. ?!? Waiter was pleasant, but kitchen seemed to work against him. Our apps. arrived BEFORE our wine. Then after those plates were cleared, we waited a full 25 minutes for our main courses. My husband was livid and not once did any of the staff seem to notice or care. With apps, mains, desserts and a mid priced wine, tab for two with parking and tip was $250, yikes.
- SACRAMENTO FINE DINING1KTravelerVIPDined on 10/31/2014Ella represents a true fine dining experience in Sacramento, while maintaining a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The staff are highly professional and all very knowledgeable about food and beverage pairings. Standouts on this visit were the bone marrow and Salmon. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had funGeekyGalDined on 10/29/2014Some friends and my husband and I met there for lunch. We came from Reno they came from Lodi. We had a three hour lunch just visiting, having fun, and enjoying the atmosphere the cocktails are great. Our food was good the only thing my husband and my friends has been had hamburgers and they weren't anything to speak of. And they had hoped for a gourmet hamburger. My friend and I had the flat iron steak which was very good I had the wedge salad which I enjoyed. My friend had the beet salad and he also enjoyed that. We had their homemade ice cream for dessert. All in all we had a great time our server, Lindsay was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Too noisy., and we were seated as far form the bar as possible.Special Features:
- Amazing service and phenomenal foodTpal020Dined on 10/28/2014Ella continues to impress each and every time I go. From the amazing cocktails to the delicious food, Ella is consistently amazing. Our service this go around was particularly memorable. I can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceColeDined on 10/27/2014Our server Lindsey was able to get us the last Ribeyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchhighenddineDined on 10/27/2014My friend and I had a lovely lunch. The food was delightful and served with great attention to details. The only minor complaints I might have had was I ended up sitting in a draft. There was no indication on the outside of the operating hours and I ended up standing outside for 10 minutes. I'm glad it was a lovely day. A little, tasteful brass plaque near the door would have been helpful. The sinks in the lady's room were very "interesting" but I'm afraid it took me a bit too long for my taste to figure out how they worked and only one was working--perhaps another small brass plaque for those of us with slower/aging brains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodMushyFishDined on 10/25/2014We went to the Crest theater for a music concert. Ella is very convenient to the Crest Theater. We've eaten here before and had a good experience so we came back. Marked the food down a bit because the fish entree was served medium rare and we both agreed that it really needed to be medium well. Other than that we had a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OkSRileyDined on 10/24/2014We went for our 11th wedding anniversary. The service was very good. However, we had friends who went the following night and were informed in detail about the Cows and Cabernet special. We were not. It might have changed my mind on what I ordered. I opted for the rib eye. It was fine. Nothing extravagant or negative either. The potatoes were a complete throw away. They were too thin and lacked flavor. My husband is vegetarian and the chef made gnocchi for him. He said it was amazing! Overall, the appetizer, salads entrées and dessert were fine, but not spectacular. Was it good enough for the price of the rib eye, no. Being part of the Selland's Family, I was hoping for a bit more. I would certainly go back to try happy hour.Special Features:
- Disappointed!!!FoodiesLuv2DineOutDined on 10/22/2014Cows and Cabernet dinner. Ribeye was so overseasoned. potatoes where soggy from so much sauce on the plate, instead of being crisp! Been there a few other times, don't think will be going back very disappointed.Special Features:
- Has anyone seen our wait person?tizerDined on 10/22/2014I asked my friend to recommend a great restaurant to celebrate a wedding anniversary. I told him we usually choose the Firehouse or Waterboy. He smirked and shook his head. "Ella" is all he said. So, we made a 6 o'clock reservation on a Wednesday. Long story, short version: great cocktails, lovely salads (the beet salad was not all that, however), unique and delicious sides, and a good steak. I ordered the 28-day aged rib eye. The meat was cooked to perfection. The truffle butter was unnecessary. The potatoes were supposed to be something like chips; but they were cold, hard, and greasy. My wife is vegetarian and enjoyed an array of side dishes--all great. We brought half the food home. SLOW service--it took 2-1/2 hours to eat.Special Features:
- Always Excellent!HungryMomVIPDined on 10/22/2014Jill is hands down the best waitress. She is almost a mind reader. And, Jane is one excellent pastry chef. The Tres Leche cake is beyond delicious.Special Features:
- great food, great atmosphereluv2dineDined on 10/21/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ella. Everything from the atmosphere to the service and the food were exceptional. The only thing I can say that would make this restaurant even better is the host and host station. Upon entering the restaurant, it was not immediately clear where we were to go. When the host noticed us he did not greet us in the typical manner, "welcome to Ellas dining room and bar". Other than that, it was great and exceeded my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteMelsmilesDined on 10/18/2014Love this place! Only "complaint" is the $25 corkage fee... Especially when you bring 3 bottles!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cow and Cab!TerrylDined on 10/17/2014The grilled beef tongue was truely remarkable, as was the braised oxtail over grits! The baby octopus and bean starter should not be missed. The service and dish timing was great. One of the must try's when you're in Sacramento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014Always consistent in all areas, from selection to delivery. Delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualRedSoxFanDined on 10/15/2014Just 2 words: Brussel Sprouts. No matter what you order, get a side of these.Special Features:
- Excellent dishes! Romantic evening.ZupastarDined on 10/11/2014All of our dishes and drinks were excellent! Service was also great! I would recommend the bone marrow! This place is excellent for romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food. Elegant ambience.tennistudDined on 10/11/2014If you are a foodie, this is your place. Outstanding steak tartare. Stunningly succulent pork chop in wild rice. Topped by Taylor bourbon. Five star by any standard.Special Features:
- Absolutely ExcellentGreeneyesDined on 10/11/2014I've never had a bad meal here. I have been many times before, usually with colleagues when we're in time for business. This time I decided to take my husband for our anniversary. The braised beef tongue on special was great, and so were the scallops; my husband had the beet salad (excellent) and the oxtail - wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect evening with friendsdbs444413Dined on 10/11/2014From the spectacular cocktails to the delicious food, this was the perfect place to spend a long evening with special people!Special Features:
- Our "Go-to" Place for OccasionsbirthdayboyDined on 10/11/2014This has been our birthday celebration restaurant since I moved to this area. Everything is just perfect at Ella and we love our visits. When we want to impress guests and show them high culture in Sacramento this is where we go.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening But.MafratDined on 10/11/2014We love Ella. Always great service and feel so special when we dine the Ella Experience! My husband ordered the scallops he said were fabulous but not nearly enough food on his plate to satisfy him. Our group of 4 ordered two appetizers and 4 desserts. He still left hungry. I thought a few veggies or something else on his plate would have been much appreciated. He won't order those again or will eat before going to Ella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on this nightWallyDined on 10/11/2014Dinner was very average and expensive to boot. Had the $50 plus ribeye dry aged special that was quite tough and the piece was thin. Expected a special piece for that price. Good wine list and variety by the glass. My partner had the pork chop which was also very tough. The service was slow. Food fell far below expectations given the price.Special Features: