Elizabeth's Pizza - Battleground
3927 Battleground Ave
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Elizabeth's Pizza - Battleground
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethpizza.com/
- Phone: 3362881515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a large variety of dishes for your catering needs. Please visit our website, www.elizabethpizza.com/battleground for pricing and sizes.
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrate your next event in our warm, family-oriented, Tuscan atmosphere with fine Italian traditional dining. Accommodating group events, office parties, and family get together's up to 60 people privately.
- Private Party Contact: Mario Pugliese 8776482054
A word from Elizabeth's Pizza - Battleground
Voted Best Italian and Best Pizza in town by GoTriad, Elizabeth's Pizza is an authentic Italian Restaurant, family owned and operated for over 30 years. Our varied menu includes traditional Italian dishes including Veal Marsala, Chicken Parmigiana, Shrimp Scampi, and Seafood Positano, also the original Margherita Pizza cooked in a real wood-fire oven, as well as a few American dishes. All served in a Tuscany themed, casual, family-oriented atmosphere. Located in North Greensboro, our free-standing building offers a large dining room and full bar, as well as outdoor seating that is heated for cold days. Make your reservation today! BUON APPETITO!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elizabeth's Pizza - Battleground reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- birthday50thbigdayDined on 5/19/2014I always go to Elizabeth's, but this was a very special event, my 50th birthday. We had a great time ( as always ). Family, food, and fun what more could we ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnergatorgalDined on 5/3/2014My husband and some friends celebrated his birthday at Elizabeth's, the staff were wonderful - so helpful! Thanks so much Mario! The food as always was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SolidWardVIPDined on 4/27/2014We eat at this restaurant at least once a week and sometimes more. We have never had bad service and the food is always very good. We have also used them several times for group catering. It feels like home when the owner makes his rounds to check on his patrons. The environment is great for groups, a place to catch up with friends, to grab a seat at the bar when dining alone, and even for a romantic dinner for two with some good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and friendly luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Our group has met several times at this Elizabeth's Pizza. The service and preparedness of the staff and restaurant is always exceptional. We feel welcome and ready to have our discussion and complete our business. The food is promptly delivered to the table and the staff is very attentive without interrupting our conversation. Thank you of helping my group to have a nice dining experience and to be able to socialize. The menu has a wide variety of selections for large appetites and small appetites. Food is very good and warm or cold depending on the entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Elizabeth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We go at least two times a week or use the take out pizza special on Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteWaltDined on 12/17/2013As regulars, my wife and I, and many of our friends, enjoy having lunch at Elizabeths on Battleground. We have become very comfortable with most of the wait staff and they always greet us with friendly smiles and brief conversation. The food is outstanding, especially pizza, cheese steak, and chicken parm. Whenever we have out-of-state visitors we always make it a point to have lunch there. Actually, it's usually at their request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okcasualdinerDined on 8/17/2013Elizabeth's was ok. The ambience was satisfactory but not stellar. The restaraunt was cold and a little too loud. There was not much intimacy. The waiter got our orders correct but was not personable or likeable. The food was on the expensive side and tasted o.k. but not great. My garden salad had boring ingredients (almost like ingredients you would get in a cafeteria) and my wood-fired pizza was doughy and slightly undercooked. Overall, I've had nicer food and a better atmosphere at Wolfgang's Pizza Bar for only a little bit more money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect All-AroundWardVIPDined on 7/21/2013Great local place with great food and service. The owner, Mario, is quick to make the rounds to the tables to make customers feel even more like family. This is our favorite restaurant that offers a goods time when the kids are with us, as well as a nice little getaway for just us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostesses were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2013The hostesses were great. They took our drink order, brought bread, checked in on us a few times, and tried to make sure we got some service. Unfortunately, our server was less attentive. His most endearing trait: while walking by at full speed, barely turning his head our way, he'd say, "OK, guys, everything OK? Great, great" and keep moving. After doing this twice, we just quit responding to him, to see if he'd stop. Never bothered. Yep, it was 7PM, and it was busy. But all the tables in his area complained; some were quite vocal in their complaints. Elizabeth's is good, but avoid this particular location. We'll probably dine again - on Lawndale, not Battleground.Special Features:
- Mathew Graduates!eadsj2Dined on 6/9/2013Our table was ready, service was fast, food was delicious, the restaurant couldn't have been better! Thank you Elizabeth's!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with AlaskansTable4sixDined on 5/12/2013This was Mother's Day and the day after graduation, it was special to everyone seated around the table. We ordered, each one of the six of us chose something different to eat and drink and there were some special instructions from two at our table. The server was friendly but not familiar, on the spot with our drinks, food, and special requests without intruding. The food was served at the same time, no waiting on an entree, it was the right temperature, beautifully plated and best of all...it was delicious. Our friends who share the table fellowship were from Alaska and know fresh seafood. They were delighted with the texture, taste, and quality of the prepared seafood. My wife, a lover of fresh greens, was pleased with the salad. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Improved Over Previous Trips.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2013We have previously written a review of this restaurant stating that there was excessive time between salad and entree. Our service was much more fluid and efficient this time with the exception of after first being seated. It took 15 minutes for someone to come to our table to take our beverage order and it was the hostess (not the waitress) who finally did so. Bravo to her for covering for her colleague. But beyond that, the service was great.Special Features:
- I held a dinner there recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013I held a dinner there recently for a group of young adults. I preoredered pizza for the bunch, and they were ready right on time. The service was absolutely outstanding,the pizza awesome, and the fireplace warm on a cold night. Thanks so much Elizabeth's pizza we will be back again.Special Features:
- We really like the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013We really like the food at Elizabeth's but every time we go, it takes an exceedingly long time to receive our entrees. Our salads come out quickly, but then we have to wait at least 30 minutes after finishing our salads to receive our entrees. This happens every time we go to this restaurant. Also, the tables are VERY close to one another so I never feel like I have privacy.Special Features:
- The food was mediocre on thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012The food was mediocre on this busy Friday night - we have had better meals here when business has been slower. The service was fine and we had only a short wait for our reserved table of six.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Elizabeth’s the other night. The food was great and the staff is so friendly. We love to sit at the bar and the staff constantly stopped by to talk with my wife and I as well as the kids. The owner even came out and allowed us to try a new desert they added to the menu. We will definitely be back soon. The Lemon cake was heavenly.Special Features: