Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table
680 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethsnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122806500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Delivery and setup. Many packages and options included.
A word from Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table
Built as a Modern Farm House in the big city, Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table starts every dish with the freshest, most local and natural whole ingredients we can find. By working directly with farms and co-ops and sourcing organic, biodynamic and un-adultered natural ingredients whenever possible, we have crafted a menu which brings you back to your grandmothers table. Back to when everything was local natural and organic!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (33)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (8)good for groups (6)romantic (6)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- "Cracker Barrel" comes to the UWSguyeatinghamburgerDined on 8/22/2014Nineteen bucks for a Cobb Salad! Are they nuts? I defaulted to the lamb burger and made jokes about the free-range sheep up on the lawn at 110th Street. The service was lovely. The food was good, if pricey. The potato fizzy shavings-thing I was served was no substitute for the actual French fries that would have cost an extra $3.50. Sigh. We ate on the porch and I left happy. My wife stopped to swing on the suspended gilder. Yet, I kept getting the feeling that we had missed something. Somewhere in the "house," there must be a "country store" room attached selling hand-carved, old-fashioned knick-knacks,. books with the accumulated wisdom of Paula Dean, and old Roy Clark CDs. A reason to go back? No, not really.Special Features:
- Something for Everyone...TheVineTalkerDined on 8/9/2014If you have trouble making decisions regarding food, drinks, where to sit, etc...then Elizabeth's may not be your kind of place. You'll go for the burgers, but end up with the pepper and molasses wings and fish cakes; you'll want a quiet corner in the back, but end up outside at a table with a European feel; you'll want an iced tea, but be tempted by the cocktails; you'll bring your kids, but immediately plan to come back at a later date sans children. The entrees and appetizers have that light touch, but are more than filling. You know the food is coming from excellent sources. And certainly one of those local spots where you could end up 5 nights in a row!Special Features:
- Great for the nabe!FoodsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Elizabeth's has overcome it's initial issues related to unprofessional service and has earned a nice niche in the neighborhood. It's menu is "basic" and "unadventurous," but there's nothing wrong with doing fewer things and doing them well. The philosophy is "farm to table" and most of the ingredients are organic and locally sourced. Bravo, but the area that needs improvement is getting the food from the kitchen to the table quicker. But all in all, it's a big plus, especially with their lovely outdoor dining deck.Special Features:
- Memorable veggie burger!JAFanDined on 8/8/2014I would make a special trip for the veggie burger! (This is the sort of place that gives you the entire history of their ingredients including (as Garrison Keillor once joked) the living will the chickens signed at the hospice). Everything was tasty and well presented. The bread is Orwasher's. The picket fence around the outdoor seating makes dining al fresco on Columbus Avenue much more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy neighborhood farm to tablekathDined on 8/3/2014Found a very cozy looking farm to table restaurant in nice location. The menu was varied and fresh. We had brunch on a busy Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the food. I must say that the service had much to be desired. It took 20 minutes to order then another 40 minutes to receive the food. If I had knowledge of another appropriate alternative, I would have left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey MediocreMediocreDined on 7/30/2014Mediocre - Food was OK, pricey for a neighborhood restaurant. Not planning on returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014We want to thank our Server Mary for a wonderful time. Her service was very good. And the entire staff is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- I Love It Great Place to Eat brunchSwifftyDined on 7/27/2014This Restaurant is a jewel for brunch an extensive menu Wholesome good food worth trekking to the YUPPER west side Fun Restaurant cool for a group( we were 6) The waitstaff is helpful cheerful and fun young Upbeat casual fare always consistent great value,you cannot go wrong healthy delicious Especially on weekends....this damn review box asks for 700 characters which is STUPID.... I am not writing a review for the new York Post...I am doing Open Table a favor,but this is taking way too much of my time...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGO To this Restaurant you will not be disapointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fences Make Good Foodtablesedge9Dined on 7/26/2014A quaint colonial facade is cute. But, food is the key. Homemade corned beef hash chunks succulent, eggs benedict, burgers great, too. Friendly, but professional service. A must go-back-to on the upper UWS.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBellanycDined on 7/20/2014The location and the food are great. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Cute place, eh foodJackieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I live on the UWS and really want to love this place. I've been here three times and while I love the ambiance/decor of the place, the food is subpar and the service is just okay. Aside from the brioche french toast and scone, everything else I've ordered has majorly lacked flavor. Such a shame because it could be a really cute brunch spot if the food was better.Special Features:
- slow waiterLynneVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food, and everything were perfect, EXCEPT for the fact that the waiter took 15 minutes to return change after payment. (already discussed with management)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a scrumptious brunch A+++lovedmDined on 6/29/2014I don't know which is more infallible the fine food or friendly caring consistently courteous service. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The setting is lovely, the food was delicious with good-sized portions, but the service was lacking. The servers were very friendly--that wasn't the problem. The problem is they are just bad servers; they need to be trained better in both service skills as well as communication skills. Our server was having great difficulties in understanding most of what we were saying, and she confused two of my friends' orders. She also took a very long time in getting us the cheque. They were very accommodating once they realized the ordering mistake they'd made, however.Special Features:
- Very poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This was my second time having brunch at Elizabeth's. The first time the food was extremly good but the service was poor. The second time the food was terrible. The bacon was burned, the biscuit was burned and the service was very very poor. Each time I had invited several guest. I will have to re-think my choice to ever have brunch their again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Springs recommendationPetunia36Dined on 6/26/2014The food and service was excellent, including their wine list. Although we dined inside, the outside dining looked like I could choose that on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotveethenutmeggerDined on 6/23/2014I had lunch with a business associate on a weekday afternoon. The sandwiches were tasty and well-prepared. We sat outside; the outdoor seating amidst a country-style home setting is unique, enjoyable, and perfect on a nice summer day. If I lived in the neighborhood I would frequent this establishment.Special Features:
- yummy whole foodfoodluverDined on 6/19/2014Wonderful neighborhood farm to table whole food restaurant. Each dish is well prepared with organic veggies, and all meats are organic, free range, grass fed. One feels nourished, happy, and very full at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchamandajDined on 6/19/2014Elizabeth's is adorable inside and out with a beautiful porch, a bench swing and a nice country feel on the inside. When I arrived the weather was not that great so we chose to sit inside. It was comfortable and cute but we had really hoped to enjoy the porch so the staff was kind enough to move us outside mid way through our meal! I ordered the Lamb Burger and it was AMAZING! I also had a side of Mac n' Cheese and it was totally worth it. I definitely suggest stopping by for lunch although the menu is a little limited I'm sure you will find something you like. Everyone at Elizabeth's was very welcoming and other than a strange conflict between two diners, I had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodFoodandwineloverDined on 6/15/2014We wanted some "down home comfort food", and certainly enjoyed it here! The crispy fried chicken was delicious combined with the scrumptious Mac n cheese. Loved the onion rings - beautifully battered and tasty. Our friends got the cod & chips - and thoroughly enjoyed it. We ordered the barbecued ribs, and were dissappointed that they didn't have them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite neighborhood placenycmmmDined on 6/15/2014Great for a night out with a date or group. Casual, great food, friendly staff. You always feel welcome.Special Features:
- CarrieRDined on 6/14/2014We had another very good dinner at Elizabeth's. The wait staff was attentive and the food was served promptly. We did have an early dinner at 6:00pm, which may have contributed to the smooth service. The mussels in mustard sauce are an excellent choice for an appetizer and the apple slaw with the crab cakes is divine!Special Features:
- neighborhood gemnyprofessionalDined on 6/14/2014This is our favorite brunch place. Great food, pleasant service. The owner Liz is often on the premises and visits the tables. It tends to be noisy inside, but at the last visit it was unusually less crowded, and noticeably less noisy.Special Features:
- shantreturnDined on 6/14/2014The wait staff were most accommodating and pleasant. I took my friend there for a birthday brunch and they put a candle in a biscuit for her. The food was delicious and we were not rushed. I was disappointed, however, in that the prices were not the same as what was on the restaurant's website. A vegetable omelet on their site was $11.50 - at the restaurant it was $14, which is a substantial increase. In addition, they charged extra for egg whites and did not tell us before hand.Special Features:
- wonderful placedisgruntledDined on 6/13/2014a great new discovery! a little country in the city. there was an insane lightning and thunderstorm during my visit and the staff helped my friend and i move to a more sheltered table. they couldn't have been more gracious and we were there for and hour and a half w/out being rushed. amazing. and the food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed date night1foodienycVIPDined on 6/7/2014I'm not sure what the hype has been surrounding this place, and I was excited to try something in my neighborhood, but I was sadly unimpressed by it all. The only really nice thing here is the outdoor seating, but there's not one remarkable thing abt this establishment. The service was super basic, with the server not even being able to recommend anything pay saying "Everything is good". Note that neither mine nor my date's entrees were very good (I had steak, she had salmon). Flavors were bland, and the food lukewarm. Overall, the vibe and service reminded me more of a Denny's than an UWS establishment.Special Features:
- Friendly and relaxing!shortstackDined on 5/24/2014After reading some reviews about bad service (after I had already made a reservation), I was a little nervous about coming to Elizabeth's; however, our waitress was super friendly and attentive - even made the appropriate amount of small talk without interrupting our meal. She didn't rush us to order to or leave after we paid (even told us to take our time and hang out when we were pulling out our wallets). Food wise, everything was delicious and homey. Our brunch started off with small shots of spinach and orange juice. Our cocktails tasted very fresh and our breakfast plates were a good serving size. I personally did not finish my order - the stuffed brioche french toast, but got it to go to give to a friend I was meeting in the park.Special Features:
- Will be going backJackie5Dined on 5/17/2014This place was awesome. The service was great, the food was amazing, and I didn't feel guilty after eating the food because it is on the healthier end of the spectrum.Special Features:
- KaceyVIPDined on 5/17/2014I want to love this place, its so cute and sitting out on that little porch is priceless. Both times i have gone they screwed up the order so badly it was inedible and didn't fix it either time. They charged us even though we couldn't eat it. The server never even offered. I can't go back anymore, its just not worth the great ambiance.
- Country dining in cityGourmetteDined on 5/14/2014The pictures do not deceive--this restaurant is built on a sidewalk setback to look like a country restaurant with a wide porch. Extremely pleasant, particularly for outdoor dining. I had the lamburger, which is hard to find typically. Every mouthful was heaven! Service was not so good. I had to ask for an iced tea several times and the waiter kept telling me he hadn't forgotten it, while continuing to not bring it. Probably a glitch of some kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious:GreatDined on 5/11/2014I went here with my family on mothers day and the three of us each had a different meal but each one was delicious.Special Features:
- Mother's DayMdayDined on 5/11/2014Brought my mother here last year for brunch and it was great. This year was disappointing. She loves baby back ribs and that is what the 3 of us at the table ordered. They were not baby back and they were terrible. Tough and thick and terrible. The chef insisted they were baby back. The menu said baby back. The bill, however, did not. We were charged 5 extra dollars apiece for lobster mashed potatoes with hardly any lobster in them. Our waiter, Jesus, was magnificent and saved the day. I don't know about coming back but if I did it would only be for an eggs and bacon brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute PlaceTatyKnowsGoodStuffDined on 5/10/2014Took my mom here for Mother's Day, she was highly impressed by the decor; it was do homy and cute! Good food great omelette's and stuffed french toast. I would definatly recommend this place for brunch with the familySpecial Features:
- Very good dinnerCarrieRDined on 5/9/2014I read many of the reviews that were posted, and we didn't have any of the problems some people encountered. The wait staff was very attentive, and bread was brought to the table immediately. Our party of four had 3 different entrees (2 seared lobster dinners, one lasagna, and one veggie burger which was particularly good for a veggie burger) and all were generous and delicious. We would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We live very close to this restaurant and have eaten there about 15 times. The last few visits the service has been disappointing. This time my tap water was served in a dirty glass with green stuff on the rim and the water was cloudy. They forgot to offer bread and only gave it to us when we requested it about 10 minutes after our drinks came. When dinner was served they served 3 of the 4 of us and made my 7 year old wait another 5 minutes for her food. To the restaurant's credit they did comp the kids meal after only a mild complaint to the waiter.Special Features:
- Worst service everPacoDined on 5/1/2014We had a reservation for 700. We were seated st 730 at a table outside, but discovered there was a leak directly above it. Twenty minutes later we were moved. A half hour later we got water. An hour later our food arrived. From the start w knew this was not going to be a great experience. The maitre d seemed totally spacey and the waitstaff was downhill from there.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table reviews archive.
- Was o.k.lightfootVIPDined on 4/29/2014Standard American fare. Not too exciting, but nice to have in neighborhood.Special Features:
- an invested neighborOldLady2Dined on 4/28/2014I have been to Elizabeth's several times because it is in the neighborhood and convenient. I always wish it had a larger menu and that it varied somewhat. I always end up with cobb salad because I do not want a full heavy meal and I do not want a burger. SOme lighter chicken dishes, more salads, more soups maybe would help. It is "okay" but I wish it were better because it is so convenient. The wait staff is perfectly pleasant but very unsophisticated which would be fine if they did not put on a pseudo-sophisticated "I am ____ and I will be your waiter tonight" facade. I am not criticizing; I truly want the place to improve and maybe this will help!Special Features:
- An off night ......ChuckkVIPDined on 4/26/2014.....but it must be reported. Waited for over 30 minutes for an entrée and it took over 20 of that before they admitted a problem and offered a complimentary soup or salad. Waiter very apologetic, manager offered free desserts and/or after dinner drinks. The food lost some of its flair by the time it arrived. We have eaten here before and no doubt will again -- but it was an off-night tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home away from homepadareejVIPDined on 4/25/2014The first thing you notice about this place is that it looks like a beautiful house and then you go inside and you are made to feel right at home. As if that were'nt enough, they serve you delicious food and organic wines. If I didn't already live in the neighborhood, I would seriously consider moving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.