Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table
680 Columbus Ave
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethsnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 280-6500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Delivery and setup. Many packages and options included.
A word from Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table
Built as a Modern Farm House in the big city, Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table starts every dish with the freshest, most local and natural whole ingredients we can find. By working directly with farms and co-ops and sourcing organic, biodynamic and un-adultered natural ingredients whenever possible, we have crafted a menu which brings you back to your grandmothers table. Back to when everything was local natural and organic!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Huge portions, slow servicelisengDined on 11/15/2014The food was very good and plentiful. The service was friendly but slow. The pork chop I had was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyablewineandfoodloverVIPDined on 11/2/2014Sunday brunch was really good, especially the coffee. The corned beef "hash" was really 1" cubes of corned beef in with a pretty good size serving of their regular fried breakfast potatoes. It was delicious. The poached eggs were just as I ordered them. In all, this is a good deal for breakfast/brunch in NYC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- uwslocalDined on 10/26/2014Lovely local restaurant- my only wish is that the menu would vary more often. They do have daily specials but I eat here a lot and would like more variation on the standard offerings.Special Features:
- great brunchjimhoDined on 10/26/2014The stuffed French toast and bloody Mary's are mustsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014We had a wonderful time and our server Ashley was terrific. Thank you for helping our Anniversary dinner be a very special oneSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014We had a 10:00 reservation that we were late for, we were coming uptown from a broadway show. They welcomed us in (they close at 11) , and our server, Angel, was great! He told us the specials, checked on us at the right moments, and did not rush us, even though it was clear we were one of his last tables. Thank you for a great night! the hostess (manager?) was very friendly as well, so were the bussers. And the food! Delicious!! Can't go wrong with Elizabeth's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad the food isn't betternycdinerVIPDined on 10/2/2014This place is so pretty and the staff is so nice. We so wanted to love it, but the food just isn't that great. Fried chicken was an enormous portion -- more than enough for two people -- but just not great fried chicken. The mashed potatoes that accompanied the meatloaf were really good and the meatloaf was pretty good too. The buffalo wings were just ok.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningTudaiseyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had the spicy chicken wings appetizer. Quite excellent. Daughter had the ribs. Also very tasty and tender. Hubby and son had the burgers and seemed to enjoy the as nothing was left on the plate. The pickled onions on the burger bun are soooo good. Ate them alone. Also the hay french fries also crunchy and light. Great ambiance for outdoor dining complete with an outdoor swing. My son joined us last minute and they had no problem quickly adding his order so he could eat at the same time as us.Special Features:
- An Upper West Side findFrancesca211VIPDined on 9/25/2014First time and I was impressed...it has a vibrant bar scene, but not too noisy .. the decor is fun. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was most enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend.. good for a groups or a celebration
- Our new weekend brunch hang out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The food we ordered turned out fantastic! Loved the lamb and the veggie burgers! Love love love the space, as we are a family with kids. Beautiful ambience and great decor. Feels like you are in the country:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, not great serviceNoNickNameVIPDined on 9/20/2014The servers were pleasant and friendly but not very well trained. When giving the information on the specials, the waiter hung back far from the table so it was difficult to hear him, stumbled significantly over the details, and did not give the prices on any of them, a pet peeve of mine. When the food arrived, it was fine but nothing amazing or memorable and the staff did not wait for all of us to finish before clearing the plates of those who had, making us feel unnecessarily rushed. Not a terrible experience, but there are so many options for food, even locavore options, that I don't see any reason to return.
- A taste of the SouthtravelannVIPDined on 9/15/2014For the evening I dined with 5 friends I was told via Open Table that a 6:00 pm reservation was not available, yet when we arrived with a 6:30 reservation, and throughout our meal and departure, the restaurant was less than 10 percent occupied. But I quibble: the restaurant and facade are lovely, reminiscent of a southern plantation home; the portions are huge, my fried chicken dish afforded two subsequent meals at home with the leftovers; the service is genteel; but the menu is limited. I'd definitely recommend this to friends but I may not be back unless I'm going to be in this upper Upper West Side location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the markdiscerningDined on 9/15/2014I invited an out of town friend to dinner because my last experience here was great, but the turkey burger was terribly dry and very difficult to eat although we were pleased that the bun was gluten free. I asked for some sauce, maybe terriyaki, but they had nothing. otherwise, the place is great ;)Special Features:
- Reallyt good but...CynthiaDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed my brunch meal of eggs Benedict. My friends pancakes looked a bit less appealing. Just 3 pancakes on a plate...not a very interesting presentation. The server was very nice and very accommodating but the food took a very long time to come.Special Features:
- DisappointingDeeDeeVIPDined on 8/30/2014The space itself is adorable. However the food was mediocre and too expensive for what it was.Special Features:
- "Cracker Barrel" comes to the UWSguyeatinghamburgerDined on 8/22/2014Nineteen bucks for a Cobb Salad! Are they nuts? I defaulted to the lamb burger and made jokes about the free-range sheep up on the lawn at 110th Street. The service was lovely. The food was good, if pricey. The potato fizzy shavings-thing I was served was no substitute for the actual French fries that would have cost an extra $3.50. Sigh. We ate on the porch and I left happy. My wife stopped to swing on the suspended gilder. Yet, I kept getting the feeling that we had missed something. Somewhere in the "house," there must be a "country store" room attached selling hand-carved, old-fashioned knick-knacks,. books with the accumulated wisdom of Paula Dean, and old Roy Clark CDs. A reason to go back? No, not really.Special Features:
- Something for Everyone...TheVineTalkerDined on 8/9/2014If you have trouble making decisions regarding food, drinks, where to sit, etc...then Elizabeth's may not be your kind of place. You'll go for the burgers, but end up with the pepper and molasses wings and fish cakes; you'll want a quiet corner in the back, but end up outside at a table with a European feel; you'll want an iced tea, but be tempted by the cocktails; you'll bring your kids, but immediately plan to come back at a later date sans children. The entrees and appetizers have that light touch, but are more than filling. You know the food is coming from excellent sources. And certainly one of those local spots where you could end up 5 nights in a row!Special Features:
- Great for the nabe!FoodsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Elizabeth's has overcome it's initial issues related to unprofessional service and has earned a nice niche in the neighborhood. It's menu is "basic" and "unadventurous," but there's nothing wrong with doing fewer things and doing them well. The philosophy is "farm to table" and most of the ingredients are organic and locally sourced. Bravo, but the area that needs improvement is getting the food from the kitchen to the table quicker. But all in all, it's a big plus, especially with their lovely outdoor dining deck.Special Features:
- Memorable veggie burger!JAFanDined on 8/8/2014I would make a special trip for the veggie burger! (This is the sort of place that gives you the entire history of their ingredients including (as Garrison Keillor once joked) the living will the chickens signed at the hospice). Everything was tasty and well presented. The bread is Orwasher's. The picket fence around the outdoor seating makes dining al fresco on Columbus Avenue much more appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy neighborhood farm to tablekathDined on 8/3/2014Found a very cozy looking farm to table restaurant in nice location. The menu was varied and fresh. We had brunch on a busy Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the food. I must say that the service had much to be desired. It took 20 minutes to order then another 40 minutes to receive the food. If I had knowledge of another appropriate alternative, I would have left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey MediocreMediocreDined on 7/30/2014Mediocre - Food was OK, pricey for a neighborhood restaurant. Not planning on returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014We want to thank our Server Mary for a wonderful time. Her service was very good. And the entire staff is friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- I Love It Great Place to Eat brunchSwifftyDined on 7/27/2014This Restaurant is a jewel for brunch an extensive menu Wholesome good food worth trekking to the YUPPER west side Fun Restaurant cool for a group( we were 6) The waitstaff is helpful cheerful and fun young Upbeat casual fare always consistent great value,you cannot go wrong healthy delicious Especially on weekends....this damn review box asks for 700 characters which is STUPID.... I am not writing a review for the new York Post...I am doing Open Table a favor,but this is taking way too much of my time...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGO To this Restaurant you will not be disapointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 235 reviews are from the Elizabeth's Neighborhood Table reviews archive.
- Good Fences Make Good Foodtablesedge9Dined on 7/26/2014A quaint colonial facade is cute. But, food is the key. Homemade corned beef hash chunks succulent, eggs benedict, burgers great, too. Friendly, but professional service. A must go-back-to on the upper UWS.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBellanycDined on 7/20/2014The location and the food are great. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Cute place, eh foodJackieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I live on the UWS and really want to love this place. I've been here three times and while I love the ambiance/decor of the place, the food is subpar and the service is just okay. Aside from the brioche french toast and scone, everything else I've ordered has majorly lacked flavor. Such a shame because it could be a really cute brunch spot if the food was better.Special Features:
- slow waiterLynneVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food, and everything were perfect, EXCEPT for the fact that the waiter took 15 minutes to return change after payment. (already discussed with management)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always a scrumptious brunch A+++lovedmDined on 6/29/2014I don't know which is more infallible the fine food or friendly caring consistently courteous service. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The setting is lovely, the food was delicious with good-sized portions, but the service was lacking. The servers were very friendly--that wasn't the problem. The problem is they are just bad servers; they need to be trained better in both service skills as well as communication skills. Our server was having great difficulties in understanding most of what we were saying, and she confused two of my friends' orders. She also took a very long time in getting us the cheque. They were very accommodating once they realized the ordering mistake they'd made, however.Special Features:
- Very poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This was my second time having brunch at Elizabeth's. The first time the food was extremly good but the service was poor. The second time the food was terrible. The bacon was burned, the biscuit was burned and the service was very very poor. Each time I had invited several guest. I will have to re-think my choice to ever have brunch their again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Springs recommendationPetunia36Dined on 6/26/2014The food and service was excellent, including their wine list. Although we dined inside, the outside dining looked like I could choose that on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotveethenutmeggerDined on 6/23/2014I had lunch with a business associate on a weekday afternoon. The sandwiches were tasty and well-prepared. We sat outside; the outdoor seating amidst a country-style home setting is unique, enjoyable, and perfect on a nice summer day. If I lived in the neighborhood I would frequent this establishment.Special Features:
- yummy whole foodfoodluverDined on 6/19/2014Wonderful neighborhood farm to table whole food restaurant. Each dish is well prepared with organic veggies, and all meats are organic, free range, grass fed. One feels nourished, happy, and very full at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchamandajDined on 6/19/2014Elizabeth's is adorable inside and out with a beautiful porch, a bench swing and a nice country feel on the inside. When I arrived the weather was not that great so we chose to sit inside. It was comfortable and cute but we had really hoped to enjoy the porch so the staff was kind enough to move us outside mid way through our meal! I ordered the Lamb Burger and it was AMAZING! I also had a side of Mac n' Cheese and it was totally worth it. I definitely suggest stopping by for lunch although the menu is a little limited I'm sure you will find something you like. Everyone at Elizabeth's was very welcoming and other than a strange conflict between two diners, I had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodFoodandwineloverVIPDined on 6/15/2014We wanted some "down home comfort food", and certainly enjoyed it here! The crispy fried chicken was delicious combined with the scrumptious Mac n cheese. Loved the onion rings - beautifully battered and tasty. Our friends got the cod & chips - and thoroughly enjoyed it. We ordered the barbecued ribs, and were dissappointed that they didn't have them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite neighborhood placenycmmmDined on 6/15/2014Great for a night out with a date or group. Casual, great food, friendly staff. You always feel welcome.Special Features:
- CarrieRDined on 6/14/2014We had another very good dinner at Elizabeth's. The wait staff was attentive and the food was served promptly. We did have an early dinner at 6:00pm, which may have contributed to the smooth service. The mussels in mustard sauce are an excellent choice for an appetizer and the apple slaw with the crab cakes is divine!Special Features:
- neighborhood gemnyprofessionalDined on 6/14/2014This is our favorite brunch place. Great food, pleasant service. The owner Liz is often on the premises and visits the tables. It tends to be noisy inside, but at the last visit it was unusually less crowded, and noticeably less noisy.Special Features:
- shantreturnDined on 6/14/2014The wait staff were most accommodating and pleasant. I took my friend there for a birthday brunch and they put a candle in a biscuit for her. The food was delicious and we were not rushed. I was disappointed, however, in that the prices were not the same as what was on the restaurant's website. A vegetable omelet on their site was $11.50 - at the restaurant it was $14, which is a substantial increase. In addition, they charged extra for egg whites and did not tell us before hand.Special Features:
- wonderful placedisgruntledDined on 6/13/2014a great new discovery! a little country in the city. there was an insane lightning and thunderstorm during my visit and the staff helped my friend and i move to a more sheltered table. they couldn't have been more gracious and we were there for and hour and a half w/out being rushed. amazing. and the food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.