Elizabeth on 37th
105 E. 37th St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Elizabeth on 37th
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethon37th.net/
- Phone: 9122365547
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 9:30pm Please note: not all tables available are posted online.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Yambor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The second floor banquet rooms can accommodate parties of up to 50 people (completely private with foyer/reception area and private courtyard).
- Private Party Contact: Morgen Schaff 9122365547
- Special Events: Elizabeth on 37th occasionally offers special wine tasting/winemaker dinners. Please call if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
A word from Elizabeth on 37th
Southern hospitality, fine coastal cuisine, and well-chosen wines in a comfortable, elegant 1900 mansion have made Elizabeth on 37th a favorite destination in Savannah for 24 years. Inspired by Chef Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th continues to serve a sumptuous combination of traditional and innovative dishes, directed by Chef Kelly Yambor. The wine program and service staff are led by owners Greg and Gary Butch. Elizabeth on 37th is located in the Victorian District. The mansion, built for a cotton broker, is decorated with historic Savannah colors and patterns, fresh flowers, original paintings and ceramics, and is entered through fragrant herb gardens. *For parties larger than 8, please contact the restaurant for availability via phone or email. Thank you.*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Elizabeth on 37th - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Elizabeth on 37th reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (106)fit for foodies (101)notable wine list (59)neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (20)hot spot (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The best meal in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Located outside the populated streets of downtown Savannah sits this gem of a restaurant, situated in a turn of the century mansion. The ambiance is fitting for it's time period in a well kept manor and fitted with period décor. This was just the beginning of our experience. The staff was informative, polite, and extremely accommodating. The food, including all "in-between course", was incredible. The tastes of each meal were tied together and perfectly complemented each other, finishing off with a dessert one could only dream of. Thank you so much for being the highlight meal and experience of our trip to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had not been to Elizabeth's in awhile and were nervous since she no longer owns the restaurant. We were more than surprised, it was terrific. The service was amazing and Gary, co-owner explained the meal better than I have heard any restaurant do in a very long time. Devon, young girl learning the business made some excellent choices regarding dessert. We will be back again and againSpecial Features:
- Classy birthday dinner in SavannahAgbackerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great seafood, superb wine list and great service ruled the evening. House is a bit musty but that's history for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We ate at some fabulous restaurants in Savannah, but Elizabeth on 37 was a cut above the rest. Every dish that was brought to the table was executed to perfection. The staff was extremely knowledgeable, warm and friendly to my wife and I. We'll definitely be back for sure, the most memorable dining experience I've ever had. They made our 15yr wedding anniversary extra special!Special Features:
- Good food but...FrenchieDined on 8/28/2014First of all, I want to thank the chef for the quality and the diversity of the food presented. I've tried the chef's tasting menu. I liked the touches of southern cuisine. I'm from France and like to discover new flavors of my country of adoption. The restaurant was very noisy that night and I had difficulty to talk to my wife. The tables are very close to each other. We expect more intimacy In such a place. The food was great but I have to recognize that I expected better flavors. I guess it is a question of taste. Anyway, globally, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- "pretty girl with a dirty face"MrKeyDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic food. However, I had the high expectations of this restaurant to be an elegant gem. Environment and decor plays a great part for a wonderful dining experience, unfortunately, Elizabeth lacks plenty of it. Sad flowers, plastic wicker bread basket, patrons in shorts and sandals for dining. Although, I was told on the phone that the dress code was business casual. The restaurant was so disjointed.Special Features:
- An enchanting eveningworldfoodieDined on 8/28/2014A lovely dinner and our waiter was superb; he described the specials in such poetic detail that we were all enthralled. His descriptions were accurate, the food was delightful, fresh with delicate fresh seasonings ..the wine was fine. We four foodies from South Carolina were very pleased and will certainly return.Special Features:
- Pricy but excellentWaiting2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Were a foursome celebrating our anniversaries . All were pleased with exception of one appetizer - the gazpacho - too heavy on cheese.We all had specials that were excellent. The only downside was the bottom line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Help make my birthday great!foodisgoodDined on 8/14/2014A few friends and I went here for my birthday and it was amazing! I would recommend everyone to give it a try, even if it's just once. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5stars all the wayLarryDinesVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a fabulous meal...from appetizers through the simply decadent desserts. This is one of the very best Savannah has to offer. A must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet DiningMichaelDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary here and 23 years later it is still a special place to have a relaxing gourmet selection of entrees. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencebirthday63Dined on 8/5/2014Elizabeth's is a fine dining experience. We had a great corner table (for 2) which was very adequate but just the right amount of "cozy". The waiter and waitresses were wonderful. Great wine suggestions. I would definitely recommend Elizabeth's for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome but bring your checkbookchowhoundVIPDined on 8/4/2014We have eaten at Elizabeth's a number of times and most recently August 4th my wife's birthday. Food, service and ambiance are phenomenal. Kym was our server and he had many great suggestions for wine and food selections. Every single dish was great. And, they give you some surprise goodies to try But, unless you have an unlimited budget or expense account, plan on $200 per couple to do it properly...and that is with a wine less than $70. Well worth it for special occasions in our opinionSpecial Features:
- The best ever!!!BluesmanDined on 8/2/2014Gary the owner was our server and he "made" the dinner. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Savannah Mustloves2travelDined on 8/2/2014This is an excellent choice when visiting Savannah. The historic setting adds wonderful ambiance to excellent cuisine, a superb wine selection and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!skylandergiantDined on 8/2/2014family of four went their last week while on vacation; everything was great, especially the service and food; great atmosphere too!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Local cusinesouthernfoodieDined on 7/28/2014Excellent local food was used to prepare very tasty food items. Ranging from seafood to tenderloin. Red snapper with fresh butter beans and corn excellent. Very much worth the price. Park in front of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLaurieDined on 7/26/2014Food was incredible and service was outstanding. Specials offered that night were examples of a creative chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyHVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was wonderful, but the food was just good...nothing to rave about. I expected more after seeing the other reviews. It's definitely an out-of-the-way location...a bit of a walk from the historic district through some run-down neighborhoods.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014I have traveled extensively around the world and in the USA, Elizabeth's is by far one of the best restaurants there is and to find it in Savannah, Georgia, is a real plus. We were there on my daughter's 29 birthday and as usual, the food was specular, service second to none, and the evening was a triumph. I had the grouper, my daughter and wife had the red snapper. All were perfect, moist, and served with the freshest sides possible. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. Gary and Greg will go out of their way to make you feel at home and provide a really grand dinning experience. Thanks guys. Very well done.Special Features:
- Good!LjMackDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant itself was nice. The staff were all polite and well mannered. Our only complaint is not being warned that our salads would be mixed with cilantro. Not much of a serious complaint though. The food was excellent. The appetizers sounded like entrees. The portions were also nice and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Came for the Mint Juleps!EmLovesToEatDined on 7/22/2014My mom and I came to Elizabeth's on 36th for the mint juleps. We read multiple reviews that they're the best in Savannah, and they absolutely live up to the hype! The food was delicious and fresh, the service was also amazing. We love that the restaurant is in a real house; this adds to the overall charm of the place. We'll be coming back soon, ya'll!Special Features:
- Another amazing meal at Elizabeth!culinarytouristDined on 7/21/2014I've eaten here maybe half a dozen times in the past 15 years. (It would be much more, but I live 900 miles away!) It has always been amazing, but this time was even better than in the past. The ease with which they accommodated the eclectic group of diners I was with was impressive. And yet, everything brought to the table, including complimentary side dishes, fit the tastes of everyone at the table. Dinner at Elizabeth is an experience to treasure. Anything you order is sure to be delicious!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SavannahADL2013VIPDined on 7/20/2014We were incredibly impressed with Elizabeth's. From the ambiance in the beautiful old house to the beautiful presentation of the food we enjoyed every moment and every bite. It is not inexpensive but if you are looking for excellent food and service in a special atmosphere Elizabeth's is perfect!Special Features:
- Excellent night!RRHRDHDined on 7/18/2014Great food, drinks, and service. We had crab cakes as an appetizer and two different kinds of fish (one was the special) for dinner. Both were delicious! The chocolate torte was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Wonderful Dinnercd84Dined on 7/18/2014It was our first time in Savannah and we were told that we must go to Elizabeth's. First of all the servers were so courteous. We had walked there and they allowed us to sit inside though they weren't open yet. The food was absolutely wonderful - right up there as one of the best dining experiences I've ever had in the US.Special Features:
- southern hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2014Service superb. But most of all, the food, excellent combinations of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Southern GemBaileyDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful venue, great food, excellent service We enjoyed Kim!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic gemSPSNYDined on 7/12/2014The dining rooms and service were great, but the food was the star. This was a truly outstanding dinner experience well worth the trip to the outskirts of the main historic district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLive2eatDined on 7/12/2014Service was excellent, food was fabulous, best resturant I have ever eaten at!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh from farm to my stomach.WonderfulDined on 7/12/2014Being originally from the midwest my wife and I love the "farm to the table" philosophy the food was fresh, and the entree I had (the grouper) was probably the best seafood dish I have ever had, so moist and tender and the beef tenderloin my wife had, was also very enjoyable. The next time we are in Savannah, we will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Great Evening!OldogfaceVIPDined on 7/11/2014A wonderful dining experience - great service, notable wine, and delicious, local food. Wife had flounder with basmati rice, butter beans, bacon, and vidalia onion.... she ate every bite; I had red snapper served over a tomato, butter bean, onion salsa - memorably delicious. We both said that it was the best meal we've had in quite some time. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhydanDined on 7/11/2014Noise level was high, could not hear the servers explanation of food. Was disappointed in the taste of food. Too much going on on the plate.Special Features:
- finediner212Dined on 7/10/2014Parking was a real problem. Very few places to park.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysTonyVIPDined on 7/5/2014We do not get to Savannah often enough, but when we do we are sure to get a table at Elizabeth on 37th. It is a must. This year we celebrated my birthday and unfortunately we did not get dessert as we wanted to go to Leopold's while in town, but the line there was crazy. We now wish we had chosen to eat dessert here!Special Features:
- deadhd13VIPDined on 7/3/2014Great evening...food was outstanding & exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went...good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014This was our first time to dine here after several trips to Savannah. Glad we finally tried it. Food was very good. Don't be afraid to try the specials of the day. Almost everything we got was not on the usual menu. Loved the Gullah Fried Rice topped with red snapper. Our server was very cordial and made our visit a good one. Although it was nice and quiet, I think we might have enjoyed sitting in one of the main rooms rather than the sunroom, so you may want to ask about where you will be seated when you make reservations. Overall, it was a very good meal!Special Features:
- Nice food, great service but...keithbumDined on 6/29/2014It wasn't quite a tourist spot, but it was remniscient of restaurants in NY, SF, Atlanta where you need to go one time (only), if for nothing other than to say you've been. The food was very good, the service could not have been better, but I've eaten in better restaurants (primarily food-wise) in larger cities at lower cost. In fact my only complaint might have been the prices, which I don't object to on the face of it, but do regarding the food. The food was good, even very good, but I've eaten better, more original dishes, where the ambience was better for less. All in all, I'd not say stay away, but there is better food and atmosphere in Savannah for a bit less money than Elizabeth's.Special Features:
- Ok onceNJoythebestDined on 6/28/2014Made reservations with the highest of expectation because the restaurant was referred by several people. Elizabeth's was ho hum at best. Lots of service staff scurrying around but we still poured our own wine. Quality of food was good but little inspiration in preparation or presentation. Boring to the palate best describes our experience. Not a do over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSailrmnVIPDined on 6/28/2014An outstanding experience in every way. It could not have been better. The food was excellent and the service was better, if that's possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.