Elizabeth on 37th
105 E. 37th St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Elizabeth on 37th
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethon37th.net/
- Phone: (912) 236-5547
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 9:30pm Please note: not all tables available are posted online.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Yambor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The second floor banquet rooms can accommodate parties of up to 50 people (completely private with foyer/reception area and private courtyard).
- Private Party Contact: Morgen Schaff 9122365547
- Special Events: Elizabeth on 37th occasionally offers special wine tasting/winemaker dinners. Please call if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
A word from Elizabeth on 37th
Southern hospitality, fine coastal cuisine, and well-chosen wines in a comfortable, elegant 1900 mansion have made Elizabeth on 37th a favorite destination in Savannah for 24 years. Inspired by Chef Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th continues to serve a sumptuous combination of traditional and innovative dishes, directed by Chef Kelly Yambor. The wine program and service staff are led by owners Greg and Gary Butch. Elizabeth on 37th is located in the Victorian District. The mansion, built for a cotton broker, is decorated with historic Savannah colors and patterns, fresh flowers, original paintings and ceramics, and is entered through fragrant herb gardens. *For parties larger than 8, please contact the restaurant for availability via phone or email. Thank you.*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Elizabeth on 37th - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Elizabeth on 37th reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)fit for foodies (147)romantic (127)notable wine list (90)neighborhood gem (76)good for groups (34)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- wonderful food in a gorgeous settingGreekDined on 11/19/2014I would take a trip to Savannah just to eat at this wonderful restaurant. Set in a gorgeous old home, you truly feel like you have stepped back in time. The ambience is relaxing without being stuffy and the waitstaff attentive, engaging and timely. But the true reason to go here is for the food. From the smoky tomato aioli mussel first taste followed by the roasted curry oysters and puréed eggplant in shiitake mushroom broth to my colleague's and my main dishes of flounder seasoned with pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and crushed almonds served with a scrumptious sauce that did not overwhelm the delicate perfectly cooked fish roasted cauliflower and a small dollop of spinach and Grouper Celeste off the menu were to die for! Finally the coup d'état was the pear, apple pie topped with cardamom ice cream. Would I return, yes! yes! yes! Wish we had a restaurant like this in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantGraceDined on 11/17/2014my husband & I were visiting Savannah for a 3 day getaway. Elizabeth's was on the recommended list from our hotel. After reading reviews we decided to book Elizabeth's for dinner on our first night. We were given a wonderful table. The servers were enthusiastic and outstanding- the meal was outstanding, so much so that we decided to go back again for our last night. That meal was as good, if not better, than the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasting menu!Ses535VIPDined on 11/16/2014While the 90 dollar price point may seem a bit high for the seven course tasting menu, it is well worth it. Portions are quite large and you get to sample a number of both their daily specials as well as standard menu items. My favorite was the nut crusted flounder, beef tenderloin and the shrimp "taco". Lovely wine list. Service was perfect. Probably not a good place for children at least during the dinner seating. I would strongly recommend this to friends and family and will plan to retun on my next trip to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I've ever eaten.BostonianDined on 11/16/2014The diners sit in the downstairs of a handsome old residence, with original beautiful woodwork and period decorative artwork. The specials are explained - rapidly but expertly - and you're off to the races! The food is complex without depending on obscure ingredients or novelty techniques. I had a pumpkin-seed crusted flounder and a remarkable eggplant soup, but it looked as though you could not go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningFineDiningDined on 11/16/2014We arrived early on a cold evening and were invited in to sit by the fire and enjoy a glass of wine until the restaurant opened. The selection was abundant and decided to opt for the Chef's choice; 7 courses of delectable goodies. Service was very smooth and we were well cared for. I highly recommend Elizabeth's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in SavannahSusanDined on 11/15/2014Do not miss this special restaurant if you are in Savannah -- great food, interesting menu, terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elizabeth does not disappointLev66Dined on 11/14/2014Elisabeth on 37th is probably our favorite restaurant in Savannah. For past four years it has never disappointed my wife and I. We usually go with whatever is on special. We split ouster’s appetizers and followed it by a main course. I went with almond crusted flounder on a bed of cauliflower and my wife went with mushroom souse scallops. House chardonnay accompanied both meals. In general I am not a big fan of chardonnay but this one was not too oakey and nicely complimented the meal. For desert we shared apple peach pie with vanilla ice cream. We usually try each other’s meals so we can have the best of both worlds. I loved my flounder but I must say my wife’s scallops were out of this world. I do not know what and how Elizabeth does it but the scallops were the best we ever had. I think each of us could have had our own oyster appetizer but one shared desert was certainly sufficient to complete the meal. The service was impeccable . Total bill was for $170. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Stop Thinking About My Dinner!GladyDined on 11/14/2014I can't say enough about how wonderful our entire experience was! Kim Teddleton knows his stuff and made, what would have been a great dinner, fantastic. He chose our wines with each course and each sip was perfectly paired. Our spicy mussels, eggplant mushroom soup, shrimp in a crispy parmesan shell were only amazing teasers for the show stopper. My seed encrusted, baked flounder was the so incredible that, although I was pretty full at this point, I ate almost every bite. I think I had a tear in my eye when I finally relinquished the last few bites. It was, by far, the best dining experience, from beginning to end, top to bottom, that I have ever had. A huge thank you to everyone but especially to Kim. You all made my birthday dinner one that I will never forget. See you again in see you in 362 days! or maybe sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in SavannahPeteyBDined on 11/14/2014A hidden gem in a beautiful historic house. Comfortable from casual to dressed attire. Food was excellent service even better. Great for those special occasions or a nice quit dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wifes birthdayCaptainDined on 11/12/2014Had a great evening on my wife's birthday.Wait staff were very nice and and it was an enjoyable evening with very good service and well presented and tasty foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great risk and subtletyhomejamesDined on 11/12/2014I'm always disappointed when I go to a restaurant and realize that my meal tastes simple enough that I could have made it myself. Every course at Elizabeth on 37th was exceptional and combined flavours that made it a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazingkbeatswellDined on 11/10/2014Even though the restaurant has been there a long time, same owners. They get it right! Excellent food, excellent service but located in a sketchy part of town so you should drive there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappoinedVIPDined on 11/9/2014Good food good service. pleasant atmosphere. First time visit I would try it again on my next visit to SavannahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great experienceBAfromAUDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I came for our anniversary. We had high expectations from reading other reviews and they were all met or exceeded. The staff was very attintive and the food was amazing. We had the spicy Savannah red rice with shrimp and the Berkshire pork chop. The pork chop was the best piece of pork either of us have eaten. The shrimp and rice was a seafood lovers dream. I would highly recommend trying this place if you enjoy fine dining and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This ranks in our top 5 dinners ever! Best food I've eaten in a while.Special Features:
- elegantluvgoodfoodDined on 11/8/2014The place is great, an old mansion converted into a restaurant........great waiters, great food.....Great for a special occasion, a little pricey but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwaysSammyDined on 11/8/2014This is the third time we have visited Elizabeth on 37th. The food has consistently been creative, presented with flair and excellent. This has become one of our "go to" spots whenever we are in Savannah. We rarely order an entire bottle of wine, so it is nice that they have some good wines by the glass.Special Features:
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Elizabeth was the best place we ate on our recent stay in Savannah. The food was excellent, staff attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Excellentfmp47Dined on 11/6/2014First time. We will be back. The staff was superb. Explained the menu, the specials, and even gave a history of the wine we selected. A great evening!Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014Actually, we hadn't eaten here prior to this trip. but...saw such great reviews, thought we'd try it. So glad we did! The food was excellent, the specials creative and delicious. Definitely fit for foodies.Special Features:
- Playing it Safe!StPetersburgFoodieDined on 11/1/2014November 1, 2014 found 6 of us dining at Elizabeth on 37th. The food was good but not outstanding like previous visit in 2013. Best item both trips were the mussel tasting, as the flavor profiles were unique and imaginative. Balance of the entrees were very good but safe.... just didn't have a wow factor. Please don't misunderstand if you like safe predictable meals then you will not be disappointed, and it is one more place off your bucket list. In 2013 I would have rated Elizabeth ahead of The Olde Pink House. Did not eat at The Olde Pink House this trip but can tell you 2014 best flavors goes to Alure on Congress...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in savannahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food/service was great. Went on a Saturday night it wasn't crowded plenty of space between the tables so you had your own privacy. You are not rushed out which you find in a lot other places especially on a weekend.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLisa0708VIPDined on 11/1/2014Delicious food and friendly, attentive service in front of the fireplace. We loved the restaurant while there and even more after. We forgot our cell phone, and the next day when we called and asked to have it sent to is as we were leaving town soon, someone drove it to us. Now that's going above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambiance and foodFoodiefiendDined on 10/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The excellence of the food was met with equally great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant dinning in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I had a delicious dinner at Elizabeth on 37. We each had a seafood dish that was fresh and very well seasoned. Our server was knowledgeable, professional and attentive without hovering. The setting was a beautiful restored 100 plus year house that lent itself to a true Southern experience. The only drawback was a very noisy table in our particular room. This of course was no fault of the resturant. Would return in a second and will recommend to friends if they travel to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 7 Course DinnerAngieDined on 10/29/2014We went on our 8th anniversary and chose to get the Chef's Choice 7 Course Dinner. All 7 courses were incredible. The staff was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- Best Service EverNYCgirlDined on 10/28/2014We discovered this restaurant through Trip Advisor. The people gave it good reviews, but I believe it should be rated number 1. The service was the best I have ever had (and I dine in NYC and around the world). We had multiple waiters and waitresses, but our main waiter (wish I had gotten his name) gave us detailed descriptions of each dish. He also recommended which appetizer would go best with our entree. He was very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. This was our first trip to Savannah and he treated us to what the "old south" must have been like living in a beautiful mansion. The food was excellent and creative. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Savannah GreatestDining2goodVIPDined on 10/28/2014Wonderful gourmet restaurant in Savannah. The food and service are top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Time FavoriteAka6161Dined on 10/28/2014Elizabeth's is a fine dining experience , an evening filled with good food and a great memorySpecial Features:
- great dinner at Elizabeth'slammDined on 10/27/2014enjoyed this spot so much, food was fabulous and service very attentive - highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerLizzieVIPDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I returned to the lovely restaurant again this year and we were treated with great service, fine wine, a wonderful tasting menu and. Lovely evening. We will definitely return next year when we revisit Savannah! This is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at and I have dined at many fine restaurants all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed the evening. Everything was executed with exceptional quality. Portions were perfectly sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencenjwmpwDined on 10/25/2014Had dined at Elizabeth's approx three years ago and loved the experience. Had read mixed recent reviews and was reluctant to try again. I am glad I did. This experience was as outstanding as the one three years ago. Would definitely dine there if I am in Savannah again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NC CoupleWeluvElizabethsDined on 10/25/2014We have been coming here for dinners for almost 30 years, have brought lots of family and many friends and have never had anything except rave reviews from any of them. The brothers have been there the entire time and provide very sophisticated and personalized service. I will go there every chance we get, and we live 2 states away.Special Features:
- Elizabeth revisitedWestGirlsDined on 10/24/2014Elizabeth on 37th has stood the test of time. Service was somewhat lacking, with water glasses remaining unfilled and super-long pauses between courses. The food was, however, stellar! The Grouper was perfectly cooked, moist and flavorful. The beef tenderloin was like butter inside and was perfectly seared. Both the garlic mashed potatoes and roasted potatoes were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmandaDined on 10/24/2014I got the grouper, and it was fantastic. I requested a special table to celebrate our anniversary; but was really disapointed when out table was next to another table, where I shared the bench seat with another couple. Would have been nice if they'd at least set us in the room with the windows looking outside. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I have had in Savannah.ghostofchurchDined on 10/21/2014My fiance and I went to Elizabeth's for her birthday. The waitstaff is extremely professional and knowledgeable, and the food.... Absolutely inventive and amazing. The flavors are comfortable yet intriguing, and the plating is beautiful. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner for special occasionNew2BaltimoreDined on 10/20/2014We were lucky to celebrate our first anniversary at such a good restaurant. Set in an old Southern mansion, the meals include local and organic ingredients. Everything we had was very good, including the cocktails. The thing that really stands out is the service. I'm not sure we have ever heard quite a lovely story about possible selections for a meal. And when we mentioned how great other items sounded, the servers brought out small tastes for us to sample! Luckily this was only for one appetizer and one dessert, otherwise, it would have been way too much to eat. We would definitely recommend going here the next time you come to Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll be taken care of...MagicalDined on 10/19/2014Elizabeth's is elegant but cozy, a hidden gem and a local icon...the owners see that everyone receives the most attentive service, delicious, unique dining experiences tailored to their tastes and restrictions (coming from a gluten/dairy/garlic free person, this is a must!) paired with brilliant wines and delectable desserts. Dining at Elizabeth's is a magical experience, perfect for Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnoDined on 10/18/2014A fabulous evening, wonderful food, great service, a truly fantastic experience.Special Features: