Elizabeth on 37th
105 E. 37th St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Elizabeth on 37th
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elizabethon37th.net/
- Phone: 9122365547
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 9:30pm Please note: not all tables available are posted online.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Yambor
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The second floor banquet rooms can accommodate parties of up to 50 people (completely private with foyer/reception area and private courtyard).
- Private Party Contact: Morgen Schaff 9122365547
- Special Events: Elizabeth on 37th occasionally offers special wine tasting/winemaker dinners. Please call if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
A word from Elizabeth on 37th
Southern hospitality, fine coastal cuisine, and well-chosen wines in a comfortable, elegant 1900 mansion have made Elizabeth on 37th a favorite destination in Savannah for 24 years. Inspired by Chef Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th continues to serve a sumptuous combination of traditional and innovative dishes, directed by Chef Kelly Yambor. The wine program and service staff are led by owners Greg and Gary Butch. Elizabeth on 37th is located in the Victorian District. The mansion, built for a cotton broker, is decorated with historic Savannah colors and patterns, fresh flowers, original paintings and ceramics, and is entered through fragrant herb gardens. *For parties larger than 8, please contact the restaurant for availability via phone or email. Thank you.*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Elizabeth on 37th - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Elizabeth on 37th reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)romantic (93)fit for foodies (93)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (19)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A Savannah ClassicEdwardVIPDined on 9/18/2014I have not been to Elizabeth's in several years and was happy to see it still lives up to its fantastic reputation. We enjoyed the house made mozalella carprese salad, the tenderloin, the grouper and finished with the Savannah cream. All was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Very expensive for less than mediocre food. The biscuits tasted like Bisquik that was made 1 week in advance. The regular entree was okay (nothing to rave about) but the special was awful. The dessert was a rubbery cake and inedible.
- Great evening in SavannahOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My friends and I were visiting from Australia, and visited this restaurant based on its inclusion in the "1,000 Things To Do Before You Die" book. The restaurant really lived up to the recommendation and we just loved the food. Our waitress helped make the evening a fun and happy occasion, and we just had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Best in TowndiscerningdinerDined on 9/14/2014This old standby is easily the best in town. Service is excellent and the food never disappoints. Excellent wine list. Specials are usually just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Went there because it was recommended, so made a reservation for 2 and it didn't let us down everything was delicious and the ambiance was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We loved our dinner at Elizabeth’s. The food was fantastic and appropriately space out…a meal should be enjoyed, not rushed and they understand this at Elizabeth’s!! Every course from the starter, salad (fresh mozzarella), main course (Grouper Celeste & Beef Tenderloin) & desert were truly a special experience. The service was impeccable!! I would highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrequentTravelerDined on 9/12/2014We'd heard about Elizabeth's for years, and were really looking forward to it. To start with, it's on a busy street and there is very little parking. You may have to park a way away. We asked the hostess if there was a good spot, and she informed us that "most people know not to drive here". The building's exterior is in a state of disrepair along with the landscaping. The service is distracted and obviously has better things to do. While the food (once it arrives) is very good, the overall experience is disappointing. We expected better from such a local landmark.Special Features:
- They Did It AgainskygodVIPDined on 9/12/2014Elizabeth's is one of the best, maybe the best restaurants in Sanannah! Food is always great and service is always outstanding!Special Features:
- FantasticPVB2Dined on 9/6/2014You can not say enough good things about this restaurant. The food is simply outstanding --I recommend the specials for both the appetizers and the entree. Also if you are a wine lover I suggest you work with Gary, he is extremely knowledgeable and will offer excellent suggestions.Special Features:
- Nice and quietATLBuckeyeDined on 9/6/2014Very quiet. Pricey, but great food. I love the feel of Elizabeth's. It is very comfortable dining. The butter bean soup was amazing. Service was well-timed.Special Features:
- Open Table FindVenturionDined on 9/6/2014We were in Savannah for the weekend with friends and did not have a reservation for Saturday night. I did a quick tour of Open Table and picked Elizabeth's on 37th. I am so happy I did. Everyone in our party was delighted. I knew it was going to be good as our server described the specials in a voice that could have made "Good Night Moon" sound compelling. It was a great meal with wonderful service in a beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection on 37thFoodieprincessDined on 9/2/2014Perfectly prepared dishes in a beautiful historic setting. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best dining experiencesYankeeRoadtripDined on 9/1/2014The tasting menu and perfectly paired wines were fantastic and the service was even better. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal in SavannahArchitectFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Located outside the populated streets of downtown Savannah sits this gem of a restaurant, situated in a turn of the century mansion. The ambiance is fitting for it's time period in a well kept manor and fitted with period décor. This was just the beginning of our experience. The staff was informative, polite, and extremely accommodating. The food, including all "in-between course", was incredible. The tastes of each meal were tied together and perfectly complemented each other, finishing off with a dessert one could only dream of. Thank you so much for being the highlight meal and experience of our trip to Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Foodie Gem!MiamidinerDined on 8/31/2014We have heard about Elizabeth's for years as we visit Savannah often, but had never gone there until this trip. What we have missed! The food was some of the best we have ever had in Savannah (and we like many of the restaurants.) The chef's hand with the spices and sauces is perfect! Not too heavy, but just enough to make the food very interesting. The service was amazing, with several people attending to us throughout the dinner. And while we had heard it was a very pricey place, it really was not out of line and certainly the quality of the food and service was worth every penny spent! Would recommend Elizabeth's for any dining experience. A great place to celebrate a special occasion. But also perfect for just a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchDined on 8/31/2014We had not been to Elizabeth's in awhile and were nervous since she no longer owns the restaurant. We were more than surprised, it was terrific. The service was amazing and Gary, co-owner explained the meal better than I have heard any restaurant do in a very long time. Devon, young girl learning the business made some excellent choices regarding dessert. We will be back again and againSpecial Features:
- Classy birthday dinner in SavannahAgbackerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great seafood, superb wine list and great service ruled the evening. House is a bit musty but that's history for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eat in SavannahNYitalianFoodieDined on 8/29/2014We ate at some fabulous restaurants in Savannah, but Elizabeth on 37 was a cut above the rest. Every dish that was brought to the table was executed to perfection. The staff was extremely knowledgeable, warm and friendly to my wife and I. We'll definitely be back for sure, the most memorable dining experience I've ever had. They made our 15yr wedding anniversary extra special!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Beautiful setting, excellent food, exquisitely presented, wait staff extremely attentive!Special Features:
- Good food but...FrenchieDined on 8/28/2014First of all, I want to thank the chef for the quality and the diversity of the food presented. I've tried the chef's tasting menu. I liked the touches of southern cuisine. I'm from France and like to discover new flavors of my country of adoption. The restaurant was very noisy that night and I had difficulty to talk to my wife. The tables are very close to each other. We expect more intimacy In such a place. The food was great but I have to recognize that I expected better flavors. I guess it is a question of taste. Anyway, globally, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- "pretty girl with a dirty face"MrKeyDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic food. However, I had the high expectations of this restaurant to be an elegant gem. Environment and decor plays a great part for a wonderful dining experience, unfortunately, Elizabeth lacks plenty of it. Sad flowers, plastic wicker bread basket, patrons in shorts and sandals for dining. Although, I was told on the phone that the dress code was business casual. The restaurant was so disjointed.Special Features:
- An enchanting eveningworldfoodieDined on 8/28/2014A lovely dinner and our waiter was superb; he described the specials in such poetic detail that we were all enthralled. His descriptions were accurate, the food was delightful, fresh with delicate fresh seasonings ..the wine was fine. We four foodies from South Carolina were very pleased and will certainly return.Special Features:
- Pricy but excellentWaiting2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Were a foursome celebrating our anniversaries . All were pleased with exception of one appetizer - the gazpacho - too heavy on cheese.We all had specials that were excellent. The only downside was the bottom line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Help make my birthday great!foodisgoodDined on 8/14/2014A few friends and I went here for my birthday and it was amazing! I would recommend everyone to give it a try, even if it's just once. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5stars all the wayLarryDinesVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a fabulous meal...from appetizers through the simply decadent desserts. This is one of the very best Savannah has to offer. A must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet DiningMichaelDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary here and 23 years later it is still a special place to have a relaxing gourmet selection of entrees. We enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencebirthday63Dined on 8/5/2014Elizabeth's is a fine dining experience. We had a great corner table (for 2) which was very adequate but just the right amount of "cozy". The waiter and waitresses were wonderful. Great wine suggestions. I would definitely recommend Elizabeth's for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Awesome but bring your checkbookchowhoundVIPDined on 8/4/2014We have eaten at Elizabeth's a number of times and most recently August 4th my wife's birthday. Food, service and ambiance are phenomenal. Kym was our server and he had many great suggestions for wine and food selections. Every single dish was great. And, they give you some surprise goodies to try But, unless you have an unlimited budget or expense account, plan on $200 per couple to do it properly...and that is with a wine less than $70. Well worth it for special occasions in our opinionSpecial Features:
- The best ever!!!BluesmanDined on 8/2/2014Gary the owner was our server and he "made" the dinner. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Savannah Mustloves2travelDined on 8/2/2014This is an excellent choice when visiting Savannah. The historic setting adds wonderful ambiance to excellent cuisine, a superb wine selection and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!skylandergiantDined on 8/2/2014family of four went their last week while on vacation; everything was great, especially the service and food; great atmosphere too!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Local cusinesouthernfoodieDined on 7/28/2014Excellent local food was used to prepare very tasty food items. Ranging from seafood to tenderloin. Red snapper with fresh butter beans and corn excellent. Very much worth the price. Park in front of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLaurieDined on 7/26/2014Food was incredible and service was outstanding. Specials offered that night were examples of a creative chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyHVIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was wonderful, but the food was just good...nothing to rave about. I expected more after seeing the other reviews. It's definitely an out-of-the-way location...a bit of a walk from the historic district through some run-down neighborhoods.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014I have traveled extensively around the world and in the USA, Elizabeth's is by far one of the best restaurants there is and to find it in Savannah, Georgia, is a real plus. We were there on my daughter's 29 birthday and as usual, the food was specular, service second to none, and the evening was a triumph. I had the grouper, my daughter and wife had the red snapper. All were perfect, moist, and served with the freshest sides possible. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. Gary and Greg will go out of their way to make you feel at home and provide a really grand dinning experience. Thanks guys. Very well done.Special Features:
- Good!LjMackDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant itself was nice. The staff were all polite and well mannered. Our only complaint is not being warned that our salads would be mixed with cilantro. Not much of a serious complaint though. The food was excellent. The appetizers sounded like entrees. The portions were also nice and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Came for the Mint Juleps!EmLovesToEatDined on 7/22/2014My mom and I came to Elizabeth's on 36th for the mint juleps. We read multiple reviews that they're the best in Savannah, and they absolutely live up to the hype! The food was delicious and fresh, the service was also amazing. We love that the restaurant is in a real house; this adds to the overall charm of the place. We'll be coming back soon, ya'll!Special Features:
- Another amazing meal at Elizabeth!culinarytouristDined on 7/21/2014I've eaten here maybe half a dozen times in the past 15 years. (It would be much more, but I live 900 miles away!) It has always been amazing, but this time was even better than in the past. The ease with which they accommodated the eclectic group of diners I was with was impressive. And yet, everything brought to the table, including complimentary side dishes, fit the tastes of everyone at the table. Dinner at Elizabeth is an experience to treasure. Anything you order is sure to be delicious!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in SavannahADL2013VIPDined on 7/20/2014We were incredibly impressed with Elizabeth's. From the ambiance in the beautiful old house to the beautiful presentation of the food we enjoyed every moment and every bite. It is not inexpensive but if you are looking for excellent food and service in a special atmosphere Elizabeth's is perfect!Special Features:
- Excellent night!RRHRDHDined on 7/18/2014Great food, drinks, and service. We had crab cakes as an appetizer and two different kinds of fish (one was the special) for dinner. Both were delicious! The chocolate torte was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.